Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Make The Dark Jedi Flair Purple

Should it be purple?

• Total voters
I did make some purple dark jedi flairs by request for the summer contest, but I'm not sure if the contest itself is closed or still open:

EXupjLL.png
t8WXLyo.png
W92O5GR.png

I did make some purple dark jedi flairs by request for the summer contest, but I'm not sure if the contest itself is closed or still open:

EXupjLL.png
t8WXLyo.png
W92O5GR.png
Those are literally perfect!

Dark Jedi are literally the edgelords of the Star Wars mythos. Wanna be an edgyboi? Well black for you.

DescriptiveAdorableAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif
That would be the Sith, even the flair is of a Sith lord zoomed in.

Isn't purple the color used by CIS? Would all Dark Jedi automatically be associated with CIS due to sharing a color?

Also Yula Perl Yula Perl those are pretty

Srina summed it up.

On one hand, I’m like, no faction can claim dominance over a color. It’s just not in your power and to make that claim or thought is pretty arrogant.

On the other hand, the CIS crowd is pushing this and I always assume there’s an agenda. But people get all angsty and defensive when I say that outloud.

Let me consult my boy Q and get back to y’all.

Characters in Star Wars who have used a purple lightsaber:
-Revan
-Kreia
-Mace Windu

Purple doesn't strike me as the "Dark Jedi" color. Rather it seems to be the color used by characters who try to walk the line between Light and Dark in some way.

Purple is the blend of Jedi (blue) and Sith (red). One can argue for all the other colors, but predominantly that’s where the discussion ends for me.

The real question is whether or not Dark Jedi are the midpoint for the two, and if they’re really popular enough at Chaos to warrant a lore heavy conversation from the community. Not that we haven’t indulged fringe concepts that didn’t deserve the spotlight before, Kneeghts of Ren & Stimpy.

The real question is whether or not Dark Jedi are the midpoint for the two

They are not. "Dark Jedi" is just a blanket term for any Force user who follows the Dark path but isn't affiliated with any specific cult, like the Sith for example.

Somewhere along the line in this roleplaying sphere, the term "Dark Jedi" became conflated with some sort of neutral Force user. But that's not the case. Dark Jedi are firmly aligned to the Dark Side.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. There are several examples of Dark Jedi who arnt not firm in their alliance to the dark side. Asajj Congress later on down her road firstly comes to mind. Xanatos, he wasnt even fully evil in my opinion, just looking for revenge and his use of the dark side was minimal at best compared to even Asajj. Revan is another one. The Revanites as well. That's like saying Sith are all dake sided when clearly there's the Light Sith.
They are not. "Dark Jedi" is just a blanket term for any Force user who follows the Dark path but isn't affiliated with any specific cult, like the Sith for example.

Somewhere along the line in this roleplaying sphere, the term "Dark Jedi" became conflated with some sort of neutral Force user. But that's not the case. Dark Jedi are firmly aligned to the Dark Side.

Dark Jedi came from the sith term of Jen'jidai. Which is just Dark Jedi. It was the name given to the exiled Je'daii. They then stole the term Sith because of religious aspects. Dark Jedi is a rarely used term later on because everyone and their grandmother had to be in a group. If they weren't, then they were rogue.

No, leave the Dark Jedi tag black. They are the Emo group of force users anyways. It fits. (You don't understand! I'm not a Jedi, and I'm not a Sith. I'm different! I use all emotions!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom