Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle M.I. Assault Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
TgKcI04.png

QNzliqt.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Update walker sub
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: AT-ST
  • Permissions: Roble stuff
  • Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Sealed and pressurized crew compartment
  • High quality cameras with glasteel covers
  • Closing hatches and viewports for all crew members
  • Integrated HUD for each crew member
  • Secure, high-powered comms suite
  • Independent life support and artificial gravity
  • High-powered reactor and secondary generator
  • Secure scanner and sensor suite with an ECM system
  • Magnetized feet with deployable claws
  • Laminanium layer in composite armour to seal any breaches in the fighting compartment
  • Internal isolated storage space for rations, crew effects, and a drinking water tank
  • autosteady gyro-gimbal built into the weapons, systems and main body
  • Sophisticated targeting system connected to all onboard weapons and systems
  • Winch mounted underneath central cannons
  • Rear hatch for quick entry and exit
  • Wire cutters mounted inside legs
  • Swiveling pintle mount on commander’s hatch for optional repeater

STRENGTHS
  • Platform: The walker is designed to act as a mobile form of fire support, packing heavy weaponry for use at a moment’s notice.
  • Armour: The walker’s armour is thick with several layers of defense in case its primary shields and systems are bypassed.
  • Passengers: The walker’s interior is roomy enough to transport a few passengers, or act as a vacant space for other roles if needed.
  • Versatile: Several extra systems are put in place to allow the walker to function in virtually any kind of environment, as well as contingencies to try and mitigate its weaknesses.

WEAKNESSES
  • Heavy: All of the armour and weapons make the vehicle very heavy for its comparatively small size.
  • Mobility: Despite the bipedal legs helping to make it faster, it can be easily out maneuvered by smaller opposition.
  • Tall: When tipped onto its side and off its feet, it can't get upright under its own power without some kind of external assistance.
  • Shields: Due to its size and power constraints, the shield generator’s molecular systems have been disabled.

DESCRIPTION
Heavily inspired by the Imperial AT-ST design, the Assault Walker is designed to be a mobile machine built to take hits and provide incredible firepower. With formidable weaponry, advanced systems to keep it alive and fighting in almost any environment, and a very spacious and comfortable interior for long engagements, it is a multi-purpose vehicle capable of filling several roles..

But it is not flawless. Its legs are a very big weak spot even with all of its defenses to try and prevent sabotage. Its high silhouette and loud operational sound also makes it very easy to spot. Even when standing still or idling with its fighting compartment almost resting on the floor, it emits a loud hum from the engine and weapon systems running.

But even with its faults, it is a very strong vehicle capable of going up against other forms of armour on the battlefield and, at the very least, provide support for soldiers in areas where they need a form of cover or extra firepower against vehicles, buildings and personnel.

Last edited:
Shai Maji Shai Maji

Few quick issues -
  • Light Particle Cannons
    • While not necessarily the superweapon on the Onager, please remember the homage 'abuse it and lose it'.
  • Pintle Mount Picture
    • Please link the source of that image in your image source section or remove it.
  • Ratings
    • You are currently two ratings below what you could have - you're free to raise two up if you like.
Otherwise, everything else looks in order. Good sub.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Few quick issues -
  • Light Particle Cannons
    • While not necessarily the superweapon on the Onager, please remember the homage 'abuse it and lose it'.
  • Pintle Mount Picture
    • Please link the source of that image in your image source section or remove it.
  • Ratings
    • You are currently two ratings below what you could have - you're free to raise two up if you like.
Otherwise, everything else looks in order. Good sub.
Oh snap.

Particle cannons: Yeah it wasn't meant to be nearly as powerful, it's meant more as the main anti armour weapon of the walker. Wanted something a bit stronger than a laser cannon but wasn't sure how to rate the particle cannons

Pintle mount: I'll remove it. Just wanted to reference what it's used for but I think anyone who's seen a tank will know what it's used for XD

Ratings: I'm a bit confused on what the scaling is. Is there a spreadsheet or something that I can use to see what I can alter? Or can I just bump up any two ratings on the thing by one or so?

Also can I quickly add a thing or two to the special features?

Shai Maji Shai Maji

There are spreadsheets spread around, but might be worth asking in the factory_discussion section of the discord. As far as ratings, they just have to come out to '0'. Consider average as 0. Low is +1, High is -1, and it scales accordingly. Production also is a +X depending on which production value, where mass produced is 0, minor is +1, etc.

So long as the final number is 0, you're all good. So yes, you can raise two ratings up by one, or one rating by two. Either or.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

There are spreadsheets spread around, but might be worth asking in the factory_discussion section of the discord. As far as ratings, they just have to come out to '0'. Consider average as 0. Low is +1, High is -1, and it scales accordingly. Production also is a +X depending on which production value, where mass produced is 0, minor is +1, etc.

So long as the final number is 0, you're all good. So yes, you can raise two ratings up by one, or one rating by two. Either or.
There we go. Bumped the speed up to average, cargo space up to low and I threw in a line in special features that references what it's for.

Submission Name: M.I. Mandalorian Assault Walker
Link to Submission: Yeet
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Description, affiliation and permission changes. As well as some other details.

Moved per request.

Please include a list of changes and change the tag to "Ready for Judge" once the submission is ready for judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom