Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Overdue (Jedi Skirmishing Sith Empire's Ossus Library!)

Live in Light, Surf Master
Allies: Jedi [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Coren Starchaser"], etc
Enemies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Objective: Keep Kaine Australis Alive

My Knight might have forgotten to scan the room, but I didn’t. The woman is one I don’t recognize. A new face in the cloud of witnesses, there have been too many souls since my sequestered time on Sabarene. Too much history I missed.

Not that it matters as I barrel in. Both lightsabers, one blue the other crimson, ignited in my hands. I follow the shots Kaine fires, slicing in a series of two downward strokes from the woman’s shoulder to opposite hip. The energies pouring from her are enough to give me a headache. The strikes, they’re at best a distraction, unless somehow she doesn’t defend against them.

It’s been too long since I seriously fought. If Australis is going to survive, I need to become the bigger target.

“Oy! Zambragno! Where’s my mother?!” The ineffable sensation of [member="Ahani Najwa"], rests in perpetuity along my skin. Kind of hard not to, when we’ve been at this dance for eight centuries, mother and son. “Of all the guys who could have found her adrift, why you, young one?!”

‘Together or nothing. Breathe. Feel the Living Force. Let it flow. Confuse and overwhelm them.’

Kaine’s shots go off. I know not to get in their way.

Allies: Jedi
Enemy: Sith [member="Mythos"] (Duel me?)
Obj: Protect the Assault

Gear in Bio

When Corren reached out over the old Sentinel Channels Karren had heard. And thus she was called like a moth to a flame. Any chance to strike at the Sith and make them bleed was a chance she'd take at any cost.

As the LAAT flew low over the Pyramids top, she manned the minigun she'd installed on the side, taking note of [member="Rick Kaloo"] and his flood.

"I see the Top Commander."

"Keep us level, Knights get ready!" She roared over the intercoms.

A new presence manifested itself on her HUD's Radar.

"Looks like an attack force coming in from all sides."

She nodded. [member="Mythos"] forces had arrived just in time to catch the Jedi.

From somewhere deep inside her her old GA roots welled up, compelling her to act. She was caught in a quandary as her fingers depressed the trigger, sending 30mm rounds spattering from the minigun into the side of the temple, onto the grounds below, and through the hole in the top. The barrels went red hot, and then it seized up.

She growled and ripped the barrel free, slamming another one in place and tossing the spent one to the grounds below. Her power armor whined as she moved, servos accelerating her movements at lightning speed. She turned her head to the Cockpit, where another Pair of Dark Templar Pilots were struggling to keep the craft steady under fire on their flanks.

"Turn around. Take us right down!"

They tacked left and sped off. As they approached [member="Mythos"] and his considerable guard she drew the force into her bones, released another burst of 30mm rounds and then jumped, right from the side of the craft, flanked by two loyal knights.

They hit the ground with a resounding thud like artillery, shattering stone beneath them. She landed in a crouch, eyes going purplish and then rose.

"Well then..."

Both hands reached for her back mounted shotgun, aiming to rip it free of its magnetic clamp, before they could get a shot off. The two Knights fired their plasma throwers, immolating a cone forwards from both sides of her with wriggling, writhing flame....

Allies: Jedi and such; most immediately [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Rhane Varless"]
Enemies: Anybody who tries to attack him; most immediately [member="Romi Jade"]
Objective: Figure out what to do

"Kiss, all the comm channels seem to be going absolutely crazy right now," Cotan said to his droid. The pair were in Cotan's freighter, coasting through the atmosphere towards the Sith Library, having just gotten past the planet's security forces with some forged transponder codes and such. It wasn't long after that that the comm channels started showing massive spikes in activity. "Do you think Coren beat us here?"

[Library!Status=Lockdown,] his droid replied, quickly analyzing the chatter. [Jedi Presence=Detected.] Cotan nodded, gripping the yoke a little tighter. "He definitely beat us here, then. Must've started the party without us. Rude." He continued flying along, before some other sensors started beeping insistently. [3 vessels,] his droid burbled quickly. [Hostile. Gain rate=35--] Cotan waved at the droid with a grunt. "Yeah, yeah, I don't need the numbers. Pay attention to the guns. I don't want anything shooting this ship out of the air just yet, it's still new." Somewhat disconcertingly, he felt the ship vibrate as one of the extra laser cannons he'd installed turned around to face backwards.

"Knew I should've replaced those bearings before I put the full assembly in. Never trust a junk dealer." He held the ship steady, giving K1-S5 a moment to try and get a targetting solution. The freighter shuddered as bolts of energy shot forth through the sky, taking out the lead of the three fighters speeding along behind Cotan. [Incoming fire!] Cotan yanked the yoke hard to the right, sending the ship into a starboard roll. Laser blasts flew past it, burning harmlessly into the ground.

Still, there was only so much one man and a droid could do with a pair of fighters rapidly approaching their backside to try and stave off the inevitable. If they fought conventionally, anyways. "Cut our engines, drop us only to repulsors," Cotan growled at his droid. At the same time, he flipped a switch, multiple panels on the outside of the hull flipping up to increase the vessels drag. Very quickly, it lost its speed; the two fighters, meanwhile, sped on past. "Full engines!" he barked out the next order. The ship roared back to life, and Cotan moved to bring the two fighters into his own targeting reticle, just as they were starting to turn around.

Unfortunately for them, the wreckage that soon landed on the ground was proof that they didn't manage to complete the turn. Cotan's freighter sped on past, before he turned back to his droid. "Were they trying to tell us anything before we shot at them?" K1-S5 went back through its memory in a second, before repeating: [Library is on lockdown/Turn Back/For your own safety/Turn back or your vessel will be disabled.] Cotan bit his lip, somewhat discomfited. "Poor guys. Wish they hadn't been on duty today. Nice of them to try and get me to turn back voluntarily, though."

Id7Qdu4.png
It didn't take much longer of a flight after that for Cotan to be near where he wanted dropped off, though not without a few more aerial scraps and some unfortunate scorch marks on his hull. "Alright, Kiss, bring us in low and open the boarding hatch," he commanded, getting out of the pilot's chair. "I'll get you on the comm when it's time to exfil. If I don't, I either went out with somebody else and you can leave the system after a few hours and meet me back on Terminus, or...well, if you don't hear from me or any of the others here with us within about a month, then tell Asha and Rhia I'm sorry, but I'm either captured or dead."

He pulled on his overcoat, strapping his Bryar pistol and DE-10 on either side of his belt. "Until then, make sure to give those fighters a hard time. Don't want them blocking our escape route off completely, after all!" With that said, and his droid angrily trilling behind him about the stupidity of this skirmish, he made his way back to the docking hatch. One short jump later and he was on the ground, lightsaber in hand, with the sounds of fighting not too far away. A short jog brought him to the courtyard, with one...

Very interesting fight happening.

"Well, Coren, sorry I'm late," he called out conversationally, while the other Jedi was coming to his feet and launching an attack at Romi. "Seems I've missed a lot, though." He turned to the other person in the group he sort-of knew, inasmuch as one could know anybody who they'd shared a mind-meld with for a few minutes. "Hi, Romi. Are you feeling alright? You look a bit ill."

Nostrils flared as the Emperor's own energy was redirected back at him, his hands reaching out to catch his own power and let it dissipate through his arms and into his belly. No one understood his own strength and limitations better than himself and manipulating his own energy, even when reflected, was a paltry exercise of his control.

With that energy stored and readily available for use, the Emperor extended his arms out to either side of him as that captured energy was then released in the form of a shield not dissimilar from the one the Emperor had thrown up to protect himself from Australis' initial attack. And with each attack made by the Mandalorian's floating devices, the energy expended impacting the shield's surface was absorbed and stored away in a similar manner.

Repurposing an opponent's energy for your own use was a strategy the Emperor had employed countless times over the thousands of battlefields he's tread across.

But his counterattack was stalled as Manu Xextos made his appearance, calling out to him directly for the theft of his own mother. The Emperor could only sneer, "In my chambers." The power was then unleashed, redirected spirals of stolen energy lashing out in eight different directions. Six of those blasts were directed towards the roaming probes that had attacked the Emperor from every angle, subtle shifts in the Force guiding the energy until they reached the perimeter of the Void Stone's power and continued on un-guided.

The last two were aimed at Australis and Manu directly, right towards their hearts.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Ailuros"] | [member="Manu Xextos"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Equipment: Black Jedi Robes for camouflage, Republic Sentinel Knight Armor, lightsabers
Objective: Locate Jedi holocrons, track down and secure certain Sith artifacts. Hold off the Sith until Jedi Strike Team can safely retreat

“All units be advised, the Sith Emperor is here!”

Alex cursed under his breath as he heard Kaine's warning. "Great, they're ready for us!" He unclipped his lightsabers from his belt and made his way towards the Library entrance, his senses momentarily reeling as he felt the Dark Side wash over him like an ocean wave. Alex took a deep breath and tried to center himself in the Light of the Force before he moved on. He hadn't felt the presence of the Dark Side in such intensity since the days of his youth while under the spell of a Sith Lord who ruled an obscure Sith cult known as The Order Of The Black Hssiss.

Alex's objectives were to try to locate and secure any Jedi holocrons and to confirm whether or not rumors of the existence of documents pertaining to The Order Of The Black Hssiss were true. In the wrong hands, the documents could help establish a revived Order; something that Alex had vowed long ago never to let happen.

"Time to go find some moldy Sith scrolls," he said, striding towards the entrance.

Equipment: Black Jedi Robes for camouflage, Republic Sentinel Knight Armor, lightsabers
Objective: Locate Jedi holocrons, track down and secure certain Sith artifacts. Hold off the Sith until Jedi Strike Team can safely retreat

“All units be advised, the Sith Emperor is here!”

Alex cursed under his breath as he heard Kaine's warning. "Great, they're ready for us!" He unclipped his lightsabers from his belt and made his way towards the Library entrance, his senses momentarily reeling as he felt the Dark Side wash over him like an ocean wave. Alex took a deep breath and tried to center himself in the Light of the Force before he moved on. He hadn't felt the presence of the Dark Side in such intensity since the days of his youth while under the spell of a Sith Lord who ruled an obscure Sith cult known as The Order Of The Black Hssiss.

Alex's objectives were to try to locate and secure any Jedi holocrons and to confirm whether or not rumors of the existence of documents pertaining to The Order Of The Black Hssiss were true. In the wrong hands, the documents could help establish a revived Order; something that Alex had vowed long ago never to let happen.

"Time to go find some moldy Sith scrolls," he said, striding towards the entrance.

Gear: Lightsaber + Bio
Enemies: [member="Karren Trask"] (Heck Yea!)

While he was on command of his squad he lit up the battlefield using the special abilities of the C.A.R.G.S. system. As soon as he designated a target his squad was able to see it as well and it stayed lit as they were firing. He managed to set up a parameter and entrench himself in a decently fortified covered position for his machineblaster nest. They were not expecting him, nor should they have, he was not here to protect the empire or its library, Mythos was here because some elements of his ancient foe were here and so too was any hope of stopping them.

All seemed ordinary, just like trainings and simulations he lit up the grazing fire of the battlefield with a squad no bigger than six men. That was until a rouge bird streamed through the sky and cut right through their position. Wasting no time Mythos propped himself on one knee and aimed his rifle at the gunship to identity and tag it with the C.A.R.G.S. system. No sooner had he done that when a few meters from his position the entire earth erupted as the gunner let loose the 30 mike mike cannon.

There was that moment in battle when everything starts blowing up, Mythos knew that moment better than most, it was the moment that made or broke soldiers. The reason his squad was so small from the NSF, a special operations team already known for being small. Is because when that moment came when things started blowing up Mythos never had to look to his shoulders.

"Bird incoming! Alpha team bound back!" Mythos screamed, his voice drowned out by the sound of blaster fire and explosions. The second blast came, but Mythos saw it before it came and tore through his fireteam. He made the only call that he knew himself capable of making. Putting his body between the blast and his men he dug his heels into the dirt of the hill they used for cover and nailed both of his Nubian soldiers with a tackle and followed them all the way to the ground shielding them from the blast and the flames that followed them.

His partial phirk and plasteel armor took most of the damage, he could feel himself burning alive. He lifted himself up and for the first time since Commenor called the power of the darkside of the force into his being in it's fullest extent. "I don't recall ever allowing your exile..."

He ignited the black blade of his songsteel lightsabers and brought his hand up to signal alpha team.

"Alpha Open fire! Delta with me!" His voice came with the sound of rumbling blaster fire and his Rudis coming to his hand. As the flames came closer and closer Mythos walked into the flame and used the Rudis as a staff to part the flames like a sea.

His blade was the first through the inferno, the use of alter environment now finally showing it's true tactical power. If he could defeat this foe perhaps they would know more about the location of his ancient enemy. The Galactic Alliance.

Anden Fancelo

Objective: Understand book. Investigate what's going on.
Allies: TSE
Enemies: The Jedi
Captain Fancelo, enjoying himself to quite a view as he sat on a very vacant room, in the far chambers of the Hall. He'd sit with a book in his hands reading through it slowly, page by page. A device on the table that was activated, broke the soft silence.

"How's the read going Anden?" The device said, in a soft feminine voice, an accent that hailed from the coreworlds. The volume of it was very low.

"I think I'm starting to understand Liz. So far. It's a good book, don't get me wrong. It beats the holovids Maxevan showed me." Anden replied quietly, shrugging a little as he went to the next page.

"Told you so, how do you like the library?"

Anden placed a little bookmark on the page he was left off, closing it. He'd glance about. "It's... it's a spectacle honestly. Never been to a place as exclusive as this but I guess that's what the rank of captain gets you, eh?" He said with a soft smirk, bragging.

The device's audio caught the woman sighing. "Very funny, Squad Lead. I'll leave you to your read."

Fancelo shook his head and tried to let out his words quickly. "But hey, you're a good trip advisor. Maybe in the future we'll come to this grand place, together as a squad."

"I'll take your word for it Ande-." Her words were shadowed by the alarm that was brought up. And the captain in civis just rose up from his chair, his instincts taking over. His head lowered. The device spoke again. "Anden what's going on?"

The now tense soldier took hold of the device and spoke into it. "Alarm went off, I'll call you back..." With the click of a button on the side of the device, the call ended and he pocketed it onto his side. He was very curious as to what sparked the alarm. Moving over towards the source of the ruckus.

Perhaps he may end up coming across [member="Erin Tenel"] and her sorcerer guard, along with [member="Micah"] and worst a jedi, [member="Jerek Zenduu"] .

Either ways, he's screwed. He ain't got armor, or weapons.

Enemy: Sith [member="Mythos"] (Most pleased to duel :) )

Gear

Karren snorted as he made his way through the flames. With a nod the other two power armored Knights stepped off in opposite directions to pursue the Sith Operators. It was her and Mythos now, and she grinned.

"No one allows me to do anything. I'm Karren Trask, High Archon of the Dark Templar. And I recognize you...."

The shotgun came free from the mag clamp and she planted into her fighting stance. A shell was racked in with a pump, and then it transitioned to her right hand. Her left reached down and ripped another gun from its leg clamp, just inside her thigh. "The Karren," her modded DL-44. A good solid weapon, that had served her well, even at Mirial.

"You were at Mirial weren't you? Always a pleasure to put down a Sith dog."

Her right foot slid back, left forwards, steadying her. The Darkside swirled from the very bones of the earth around her, summoning to her call. With blinding speed, enhanced by both the force and her Neural connection to the armor, the hulking armored woman raised both weapons side by side and squeezed the triggers.

A volley of dense lead flew from the JSA-Break 5 Sawed off.

From the other hand, triple bolts of blazing emerald, in scattered pattern from the muzzle of "The Karren"

It was no coup de grace, just an opener in what she imagined would be a very long and bitter battle.

Mirial was still fresh on her mind. The betrayal, the slaughter, how she'd been abandoned and left to find her own means off planet. The more she recalled it the more the scar tissue from the Wall of Light burned.
The Angrier she got.​
The tighter her jaw.​
The deeper her resolve to Slaughter.​
The light was gone.​

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian

Alexandra's hand pressed against the wall of the temple as everything seemed to go to hell so quickly. Right now she looked to be little more than a dark haired researcher, thin glasses touching her face as she stood there in a long sleeved shirt and trousers that were dirty. The best disguises were sometimes the simplest, changing one's appearance through means of dirt, a touch of color to the hair, and clothing that seemed to lead one to assume something of the person that was entirely untrue. The only thing requiring her active alteration was her presence in the force and her very hair's color, both things she could do without much focus and leaving her able to act on the wall of the grand library.

Her body shifted and she fell forward, flesh merging and passing through stone as she closed her eyes and flowed with the force into the walls and finally falling to through with her feet touching down and leaving her on the upper floor of the library. The Chamber of Knowledge should not be too far, and with how many ran through the temple, she could make herself quite small as she hunched over and cradled her bag against her chest. Her feet tapping over the floor as she let fear leave her and her eyes became a bit wide, remembering how to hide in plain sight from the days within the One Sith.

But she had a good teacher, a smile almost touching her lips as she thought about the fox brained fool that had taught her how to hide in plain sight. Her body shaking as the sound of fighting rang down the halls. She looked around and permitted a moment of pause, reaching out and touching the force. She found what she was looking for and turned to the left, running down the hall and tripping over a stone, purposely letting herself fall to the ground and scrape up her hands as she crashed to the ground right infront of the chamber of knowledge, cursing out loud and looking around as she gathered up the bag.

Her breath became shallow as she grabbed up everything once more, looking forward and running into the room, looking for the very items and texts she had come to liberate. For now though, she was just a researcher for the Sith, looking for safety as the Jedi came closer, her body shaking and the disassembled sabers in her bad waiting along side a single cylinder that seemed to have the slightest glow to it.

After all, Alexandra would need to defend herself once her little ruse fell apart.

Equipment: Jedi Padawan robes, Lightsaber, Hololink
Engaging: [member="Micah"], [member="Rick Kaloo"]'s efforts
Objective: Survive getting refreshments

FJp1uVB.png
He was primed and ready. His lightsaber at the ready, his finger on the activator. All it would take was a single push, the blade would come out, and he could use it to end the Sith's life. All the rage in his embittered soul was telling him to do it, drowning out the voices that screamed patience and forgiveness he had internalized from a young age. It's just a Sith, he told himself. It's like shooting down a TIE fighter, they're just opponents. Targets. Destroy them and move on.

But the words of the Sith before him assaulted him, heading right for his core. The Cathar Sith was acting like a fan meeting a celebrity, which made more sense as the young Cathar introduced himself as Micah. A student of the fourth grade class. He wasn't sure how that translated to his own experience, but Jerek was soon struck with the understanding of just how young Micah was. Truly a kid, no more than a youngling, was before him, and the padawan had wanted to just kill him and move on?

The grip on his weapon loosened, and his muscles slowly worked themselves out of their preparatory tension. How could he just cut down a youngling, even if he was Sith? In his mind's eye, he could start to see Micah as one of the younger students at the Jedi Academy when it existed here on Ossus. The ones who looked up to the older students, as he soon became, watched them in awe, hung on their every word, depended on them. Was he so heartless as to destroy an innocent student?

Jerek exhaled, and for a moment he felt his mind clear, the rage and shame both departing on the wind of his breath. He leaned back, giving the boy some space as he watched Micah dart here and there, bowing respectfully and glancing at his bag before offering the teen refreshments. A beverage. He had been ready to kill Micah, and the kid offers him a beverage?

Talk about getting shown up in the forgiveness department. And by a Sith, no less!

He nearly chuckled at the boy's charm and naiveté as a host. Not to mention as a Sith. The more the boy spoke, though, the less Jerek saw him as one, at least not until Micah himself brought it up. It seemed the boy was more devious than the padawan had first guessed. The blond-haired teen's eyes narrowed, his brow drawing together in lines of suspicion as he asked, "Are you making fun of me?"

Now the padawan did chuckle at Micah's response. Of course there was fizzyglug where he came from, notwithstanding that he largely came from the very planet they were located. "Yeah, they do. I'd love one," Jerek grinned, he actually grinned at the Sith kid. The Cathar was becoming more endearing by the moment, the teen considered as he stepped aside to allow a path out of the corner. "Do you have diet?"

As they walked, Jerek probed some more. "What are you doing here, anyway? Looks like you were working on something, with holocrons and books." From somewhere off in the distance, the teen could hear a rushing sound. He shook his head, figuring it was just some errant draft from within the library's structure. For as much as the Sith loved their pyramids, the padawan had to wonder just how practical they were. "You ever read about any of the old Jedi stuff here?"

Whether Micah answered or not, his words were drowned out by the source of the rushing sound, which had become louder and gloppier in the last few moments. Now it was a roar, presaging the arrival of a new wall within the Sith library. Jerek only had a split second to prepare for the arrival, and he reached out to gather energy from the Force along with a quick succession of breaths to saturate his blood with oxygen. He would need both to survive the encounter with the encroaching wall.

A wall of water.

Gear: in bio, primary weapon is a twin edged alchemized blade
Objective: prevent destruction of sith property, destroy Jedi invaders
Allies: The Sith Empire
Enemies: Jedi assault team, confronting @AlexStormwolf

Neoplix strode our of the library with a purpose. All around, there was chaos, men running to defensive positions, preparing for combat, etc. he grabbed an imperial officer by the shoulder as he passed, pulling him to a stop. “You,” he said, he is voice gutteral and beastlike, “establish a security cordon. Check the identities of everyone entering or editing the library or catacombs. The intruders must be found.”

The officer nodded frantically, and Neoplix released him with a disgusted sneer. Fool. This was far beneath him. If he had been in command, there would have already been a security cordon in place, with guards checking every passerby. Of course the Jedi would come back. Their precious library was all they cared about, and a repository for sith knowledge was a perfect target. That was what had drawn Neoplix here: certainty of the coming battle.

As he continued to stride forward, he noticed one man walking back towards the library, instead of away from it. He wasn’t frantic, and he wasn’t headed for a defense position. Neoplix’s nostrils flared beneath his helmet, and he reached out to sense the aura of the soldier. Something was certainly off. The hatred, fear, and rampant emotions normally present in a sith warrior to use for their strength were not present here. [i/] Jedi. [/i]

His fingers tightened around his blade, and he stepped in front of the figure, holding an arm out. “Stop, you there. Where is your identification? What’s your authorization code?” He knew there were no such codes, but this man had no way of knowing it. Wether he bluffed, or claimed to have forgotten them, Neoplix would have all he needed to strike.

Gear: in bio, primary weapon is a twin edged alchemized blade
Objective: prevent destruction of sith property, destroy Jedi invaders
Allies: The Sith Empire
Enemies: Jedi assault team, confronting @AlexStormwolf

Neoplix strode our of the library with a purpose. All around, there was chaos, men running to defensive positions, preparing for combat, etc. he grabbed an imperial officer by the shoulder as he passed, pulling him to a stop. “You,” he said, he is voice gutteral and beastlike, “establish a security cordon. Check the identities of everyone entering or editing the library or catacombs. The intruders must be found.”

The officer nodded frantically, and Neoplix released him with a disgusted sneer. Fool. This was far beneath him. If he had been in command, there would have already been a security cordon in place, with guards checking every passerby. Of course the Jedi would come back. Their precious library was all they cared about, and a repository for sith knowledge was a perfect target. That was what had drawn Neoplix here: certainty of the coming battle.

As he continued to stride forward, he noticed one man walking back towards the library, instead of away from it. He wasn’t frantic, and he wasn’t headed for a defense position. Neoplix’s nostrils flared beneath his helmet, and he reached out to sense the aura of the soldier. Something was certainly off. The hatred, fear, and rampant emotions normally present in a sith warrior to use for their strength were not present here. [i/] Jedi. [/i]

His fingers tightened around his blade, and he stepped in front of the figure, holding an arm out. “Stop, you there. Where is your identification? What’s your authorization code?” He knew there were no such codes, but this man had no way of knowing it. Wether he bluffed, or claimed to have forgotten them, Neoplix would have all he needed to strike.

Equipment: Lightsaber, 5 shot .45 Long Colt revolver, dueling chassis
Objective: Be Shiny
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] & Co.
Enemies: Sith (@ me, bro)
In any sane, logical universe, no one in their right mind would have guessed that a bunch of Jedi would bring an intensely neutral Iron Knight to raid the Sith.

Eralam didn't dislike Jedi, not exactly. Some of his best friends over the years had been Jedi. He got along with individual Jedi just fine, so long as they didn't move into good Shard neighborhoods and start lowering the property values. It was when you got a bunch of them together that they got on his nerves.

Of course, the same could be said of the Sith. He didn't have anything against them as a group. Hell, he dated a particularly adventurous one who didn't mind being labeled a geosexual a while back. But, as a group, they got on his nerves too, albeit for different reasons.

Jedi were preachy and self righteous. Sith were too, in their own way, but they were at least honest about the fact that they were a bunch of prigs. As far as Eralam was concerned, both groups could all jump bare assed and backwards into an Oraxian neurocactus patch, and the galaxy would be a better for it.

So why was he on this raid?

Books.

The Iron Knight was well known for his voracious hunger for knowledge, and was willing to do any number of morally questionable things for it, including riding down in stolen shuttle full of Jedi onto a Sith occupied world to raid a bleeding library. It wasn't easy finding out about the mission, but the Shard Network had come through. And thanks to an Iron (Jedi) Knight who put a bug into her boss's ear about a freelance Shard swordsman who would do the job for a chance to raid the databanks, a spot on the said stolen shuttle full of Jedi was reserved for him. It wasn't that the Jedi were hurting for muscle, not by any means. But having a sword hand along who A: was clearly not a Jedi and lent an air of deniability to the debacle and B: wouldn't be sad in the slightest if they had to leave him behind to cover their escape, that was worth a seat.

Eralam's objective was simple. He was big, he was noisy, and any Sith with half a nose for the Force would be able to detect his aura. The more fighters Eralam brought to him, the easier it would be on the rest of the team. And if they didn't find him, by some strange miracle, that left him free to plunder to his mechanical heart's content.

It was a win/win, really.

While the rest of the team hauled arse towards their various objectives, Eralam sauntered towards the Great Library, taking the scenic route rather than following the others. He was alone, for the most part, and making no attempt to hide. In fact, he was practically broadcasting his presence through the Force, the very picture of nonchalance as he whistled and twirled the hilt of his unlit saber through his fingers.

"O Where O Where
Could the Sith Laddies be?
O Where O Where could they be?

With their blades of red
And their pants of brown
O Where O Where could they be?"

Inventory: Jedi Robes, Ul'onore & Al'Keyva.
Allies: [member="Jerek Zenduu"], [member="Rick Kaloo"] & The Jedi Academy Network.
Enemies: [member="Erin Tenel"], [member="Micah"] & The Sith Empire.
jAuH3oz.png
Bekk Mag'ra had arrived on the outskirts of the vast Pyramid's entrance just in time to witness [member="Rick Kaloo"] unleash a series of waves violently caving in an opening and from what the Jedi Knight could tell from where he stood, likely flooding the facility within. The Hall of Knowledge that the Sith had constructed was hugely different from the former Jedi Library that lay in ruins some kilometers from the sight where they stood, the five great triangular structures were built to last and from the exterior, the damage seemed to be minimal. The true problem however lay in the fact that there weren't only Sith inside the facility, but Jedi personnel too!

"Slua..." Bekk swore under his breath in the common tongue, Ul'Zabrak; Whatever had possessed the Mon Calamari among them to do such a thing, Bekk could only hope that the rest of their people inside the facility were alright. It was one thing fighting against the Sith and trying to recover stolen knowledge away from their grasp, it was something else entirely, to do so while being swept away by a raging flood and not getting stabbed, sliced or crushed in the process. Wherever the Sith had secured the remains of what the Jedi had kept there on Ossus, they'd better done a brilliant job of locking it up. A vault of some sort, perhaps, if they were lucky.

"Everybody brace yourselves!" Bekk had turned his attention to the commlink in hand and called to the others across the secured Jedi frequency hoping that some how, atleast some of that that might be affected, would be able to resist the fallout. Pushing forward, he set off on the move again and with the entrance left wide open, he swapped the device to his left hand while drawing upon Ul'onore from his belt, to his right. His fingers tightening around the hilt of the lightsaber, though not yet activating the blade.

The water-weaving Mon Calamari had already moved on ahead of him by the time Bekk reached the first room, his eyes sweeping across the flooded room, water having descended further down into the depths of the facility, yet still ever so cautious of running into any Sith whom might have survived. 'So much for being subtle' Bekk thought to himself as he stepped quietly through the vast open room and into a corridor that seemed to go on for an age, with off-shoots leading out to who knows where. What had been illuminated by Torches, had been drowned by the rapids, leaving the place almost completely in darkness. Given the nature of his attire, the Zabrak did a fairly good job of blending in with the lack of light, yet the Force flowed around him, the presence of light cascading against the Dark-Side that coursed throughout the great structure.

For the time being, he would simply have to take it one step at a time and keep his senses at an all time high. In a place such as this, a position the likes of his, one had to expect to be ambushed by the Sith who occupied the facility. Frankly, to expect anything else would have been foolish!

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Micah"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Rick Kaloo"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Filiae"] [member="Ailuros"] [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] [member="Fane Magnus"] [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Objective: The Battle of the burning ring of fire.
Gear: The Classic. In Bio and some standard armor.
Soldiers: NSF. Nubian Strike Force X1 Squad.
Enemies: [member="Karren Trask"]

He went down and the flames went higher, his concentration entierly on the flames that his enemies were so kind as to provide him with. A wave of his hand and his will through the force created around them a ring of fire that seemed sentiently gleeful to isolate the two in combat.

Mythos was already burning after putting his life before the lives of his men. His eyes locked against the warrior before him and felt a sense of nostalgia. The smell of death, burning flesh and fresh blood brought him back an entire decade. His golden locks seemed impervious to the flame yet his body was licked by the flames as he walked.

"No." He awnsered simply, his monotone and deep voice betraying none of his emotions, not even the pain of his shoulders suffering second degree burns.

"But I was in Atrisia." His cloak hit the floor as it kept buring revealing the Ax of Adas strapped on his back like a sick, hulking, pulsating heart of malicious energy. "And You're going to tell me where are the ones who killed my son". Those words and that tone did betray his emotions.

This was the closest Mythos had ever gotten to anyone who could lead him to The Alliance. If he won this battle those who murdered James would finally be close to their long awaited demise. He could not afford to lose.

He raised his lightsaber to protect his head from the loose lead coming his way but other than that he made no attempt to move out of the way, instead he walked forward and plunged into the wall of lead and blasterfire as it literally ripped him apart. He walked forward with one hand raised above his head and his body soaking the hell as if it wished to die.

After a single step his ribcage was wide open and several parts of his body not covered by the partial armor were torn by the blaster fire and shotgun weapons but that did not stop him. The hand he raised closed into a fist and he wrapped a noose across the neck of his enemy with the force that only the Ax of Adas could provide.

His mouth fumed and dripped blood from internal organs protesting. He walked, not ran, to his enemy seeking to drown her, squeeze the life out of her throat but not so much as to kill the Dark Templar. "Bring me justice Templar. Show me where the Alliance makes it's home"

Enemy: Sith @Mythos (Most pleased to duel
xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png
)

Gear

He was much stronger than Karren anticipated. Though he could not see it through her purple eyes another emotion joined the fray, butting in somewhere between hatred and glee to take its nasty place.

Fear.

She'd only felt it a few times in her life before. Now there was no Jedi meditation or Light side to soothe her. Even the Sasori circlet that Kiriko had given her had gone dark, it's bright heart all but retreating and stone turning black.

As the noose caught hold she gasped and gulped. There was mere seconds to act.

He wanted answers on the Alliance? Did he not know she'd left? That the Alliance was almost defunct?

The edges of her vision closed in, like a greyish black tunnel. Air ceased to circulate, and the power armor servos whined as they resisted the force of her full plate clad body being drug forwards.
No. I will not go out like this.
I.... Will.....Not....Die

She regained her composure.

Strangled and gasping for air she fed her pain back into the loop, holding on by a thread. Her mind now opened to Mythos, connecting them with a bridge of darkness from which to communicate.

I'm no Alliance Jedi anymore.
Let me go, or I'll rip you apart....

The gaping holes of his body, and the blood and gore hanging from it seemed neither to slow nor worry the Sith. It was time to switch to a different tactic. She let the force take the wheel, un-caging the beast deep within her gut that yearned and thrashed against its bars. Pure rage and agony fueled her radiant aura or sickly purple. The ground beneath her crawled with spiderwebs of sickening purple, corrupting and blackening everything it touched.

Both weapons were slammed back to their mag clamps. Her left fist raised, and she held out a few more seconds, long enough for a silver metallic cylinder to come up from the small of her back and meet her armored palm with a metallic clash.

Two wrist rockets spiraled from her left gauntlet, corkscrewing their contrails right towards the Sith's face.

She stopped resisting now.

It was time to break his focus, and cancel the lasso.

He pulled her in all the way, just as a pure Emerald beam from her Saber "Seraph" materialized, leading into a sloppy power strike aimed to cleave him from right hip, to left shoulder.

With Zeal....

Mishel Kryze

M
Ossus

An ungodly amount of security droids? Check. A bunch of armed personnel? Check. Tons of automated defensive systems and reinforced blast doors? Check and check. Mishel looked back at the rapid-closing shutter and down to the debris of what had been a turret. Going back out the way she came wasn't an option and as the droids spoke, and the armed personnel raised their weapons. Mishel channeled the Force around her. First it was one rifle that had flown out of one man's hand, then another, and another until any hand held weapon had been discarded. They slammed into the nearby wall, clattered against it before falling to the ground. The droids were another story, she drew her arms back and then pushed out with the Force.

Like a tidal wave the droids too were pushed back. All that remained were the automated defenses, and the blast doors. Personnel ran for their weapons and she ran straight ahead looking for any other escape route. The rapid firing of lasers from the turrets rushed by Mishel as she turned to look to her left and then right. A small force push back to keep personnel away from her, a drop of a barrier to buy time until she found an escape. A ventilation shaft, she motioned with her hand as if to crush something all the while the vent crumpled and she slid in just as blaster bolts scored across the wall.

Droids followed pursuit, and Mishel found herself at a cross path. The echo of binary cascaded downward just as the thumpthumpthump of her body crawling through the shaft did. She didn't have time to consider any alternatives and just went left on instinct, little did she know that she was headed for the Hall of Knowledge. Not to far behind a detail of droids tracked her and decided to dispatch additional security to intercept Mishel.

Gear: The Classic! Bio and Basic Armor.
Enemies: [member="Karren Trask"]
Objective: Epic Duel

He held the force like a sword as his enemy hung in the air, The Ancient Eye beaming a slow glow in his neck as he now, all too late understood. He had traded so much to The Eye and to his hunt that from the moment the battle started he never thought that perhaps this was not a jedi. His failure filled him with rage, once again he had failed Atrisia, failed his son and his people. He had no further use of the templar alive so he sunk his talons in her throat until she mentioned one thing.

She was a jedi, she was of the alliance and now she had abandoned them like they abandoned the corpses of his people. Now there was a second thing he could not afford to do. He answered her words with a soundless, thunderous voice that held the rage of Kezeroth the Beholder. "I cannot afford to kill you Templar. Not yet"

His entrails began to drip over his leather girdle, his body functioned and moved like it wasn't torn to shreds. As the rockets primed their ignition he let her fall and fell into an ability taught to him by the being whose voice he projected through telepathy. The Unstoppable Beholder, Kezeroth the Gendai.

His eyes turned white as he turned to regard the rockets coming his way, again he refused to give an inch of ground to the templar. The closer they came towards the figure of Mythos the more they began to disintegrate from the power of Deadly Sight. He closed his eyes to avoid the ash that hit him in his face making the transition from deadly sight to force sight in time to see the streak of green aiming to cut him in half.

Now finally he moved sidestepping slightly to the left, bringing his arm up and letting gravity bring down the Ax of Adas from his back and into the centre of the green blade.

He looked into her eyes, through her armour and soul while still having his own eyes closed and the green blade of her lightsaber made contact with the edge of the Ax. Now her mind was in range of his talons, now perhaps there was an opening for a mental attack. All she had to do... was touch the weapon he wielded.

"Don't make me destroy you."

Enemy: Sith [member="Mythos"] (Most pleased to duel )

Gear

The attack was met.

Finally she felt the claws of the force fall from her throat and grunted. With fresh air came fresh vigor. If he probed into her mind, he'd find her mental defenses were rather weak. A lifetime spent perfecting several styles of swordsmanship had seen to that.

She had to play to her advantages in this situation, to cover up her weaknesses.

The Emerald blade retracted, and she stepped back and to the side in a V step. Her hips were now squared to his left side, left foot forwards, right back and bouncy.

The blade extended straight out with her arm, hilt held in a looser grip than usual. Her elbow bent ever so lightly, to give her maneuvering room. If it was power he used as his martial style, she'd have to counter, with Makashi; A more graceful style, built around straight up fencing. She'd wait and tease, and then strike when his guard slipped, whittling him down.

"You'll never get any answers willingly from me. Despite my temperament now Sith, I still hold some kind of Honor for past Comrades."

It was true. He'd have to beat her, which would require capturing her.​
Something she'd make him pay a deep price to accomplish...​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom