Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Lominsa-class Reconnaissance Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
1920px-Carrack-expedition-02.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
  • Affiliation:
    • Aurora Industries
    • Individuals, Companies, and Factions that have purchased, licensed, or contracted the company.
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Lominsa-class Reconnaissance Corvette
  • Production: Minor-Production
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Life Support Systems
    • Standard Life Support Systems
    • One Escape Pod - Cockpit of the ship ejects, able to house up to six individuals.
  • Other Shielding Systems
  • Power Generator
  • Navicomputer and Guidance Systems
    • Standard Navigation Systems
    • Standard Guidance Systems
  • Targeting Systems
    • Standard Targeting System
  • Crew Compliment
    • Minimum Crew - 4
      • One Pilot
      • One Co-Pilot
      • Two Additional Personnel
    • Recommended Crew - 6
      • One Pilot
      • One Co-Pilot
      • Four Additional Personnel
  • Cargo/Passenger Capacity
    • 1,000 metrics tons
    • Four Passengers
    • One Speeder or equivalent sized Light Ground Vehicle or up to Three Speeder Bikes
    • Storage for up to Thirty IBIS Drones
  • Consumables
    • Six Galactic Standard Months' worth of supplies
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Lominsa-class corvettes are heavily armored and shielded, making use of the three-layered Golem Advanced Plating and the four-layered Kirin Shielding System, all in the spirit of keeping any potential explorers or scouts safe while they are out in uncharted space. The Lominsa-class also makes use of several defensive countermeasures and three dual Valefor laser cannons for additional protection against any potential attackers.
  • Lominsa-class corvettes make use of two Garuda Variable Ion Drives to give an incredibly impressive speed, and when combined with its Madeen Shiftdrive, the corvette can cover far more territory in an uncharted space and outrun many attackers the ship and its crew might encounter.
  • Lominsa-class corvettes are outfitted with both a Syldra Communications Suite and a Divine Eyes Sensor and Electronics System, giving them several methods of secure communications and a large variety of sensors they can utilize while scouting a planet or system. The ship is also equipped with the capacity to hold thirty IBIS Drones that can relay data back to the ship if the crew is in a hostile environment or otherwise need to cover additional ground.
  • Lominsa-class corvettes have the capacity in the lower portion of the vessel to hold a starfighter or shuttle craft along with a small and light ground vehicle or speeder bikes.
WEAKNESSES
  • While the Lominsa-class corvette is equipped with the powerful Valefor laser cannons, they are the only armaments on the ship and while the dorsal mounted turret can rotate completely, the side turrets can only rotate in the direction they face. To survive encounters with larger vessels or enemies, the ship mainly relies upon its armored hull, defensive shielding, and its impressive speeds.
  • In addition to this, due to an unforseen power struggle between the lasers and the shields, the molecular shielding layer is weaker due to the prescene of the three Valefors and the scaled down Starscourge.
  • If the molecular furnaces within the Garuda Ion Drives are damaged or sabotaged, they will consume the engine and leave the Lominsa-class corvette dead in space and heavily damaged.
  • Due to the shield emitters of the Kirin being scattered across the hull, if parts of the hull become damaged, gaps can form in the overlapping shield layers of the corvette. In addition, as the sensors for the Divine Eyes system are also scattered along the hull, damage to it can knock out and create blind spots in the passive sensor array.
  • While the ship has the capacity to carry vehicles, if a ground vehicle is loaded into the bay, it limits the size of the single starship it can carry even further.
DESCRIPTION

Developed as part of Aurora Industries' Highwind Program, the Lominsa-class Reconnaissance Corvette is a craft dedicated to exploration and prospecting out in the wilder regions of the galaxy such as the Outer Rim or Unknown Regions. The company recognized there was a sizable market for ships that could be used in scouting operations for various galactic factions and companies for resources or even colonization projects, and such explorers or endeavors required a ship that could handle the stresses of long exploration flights. To facilitate this, the design team for the company placed a heavy emphasis on protection and speed for the new starship along with equipping it with dedicated tools for the envisioned role.

Like many of the newer ships introduced by the company, the Lominsa-class corvette makes use of the three-layered Golem Advanced Plating and the four-layered Kirin Shielding System to protect the vital crew and electronics the ship carries. The ship is also equipped with several defensive countermeasures and three dual Valefor laser cannon turrets to protect itself, along with Garuda Ion Drives to achieve impressive speeds. Although the team noted that an unforeseen interaction in power draw between the laser cannons and the Kirin shielding meant the molecular shielding layer was weaker than normal, something that would need to be investigated later.

To help facilitate exploration, the Lominsa-class corvettes have a storage bay or hangar that can be outfitted with a starfighter or shuttle roughly 20 meters long, or if the crew are making use of a light ground vehicle such as a speeder or speeder bikes, the storage bay can still hold a 10-meter-long craft. Additionally, the ship is the first Aurora Industries vessel in the Highwind Program to be outfitted with the Syldra Communications Suite, giving the crew several secure ways to communicate with their superiors including telepathically to avoid any potential eavesdroppers.

As the company had not developed an extensive sensor suite of their own, the company also took the opportunity of unveiling that they have reached an agreement with First United Astral Engineering to supply their Divine Eyes Sensor and Electronics System for Aurora Industries vessels, starting with the Lominsa-class corvette. The Divine Eyes system included a bevy of different sensors and scanners that would help any crew and the system is also tied into the thirty IBIS Drones that the corvette can carry.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

As usual, it is a very cool submission!, but I found two problems.
  • For a 100 metres ship, the Hangar Space is always 0, which means that it is always 0 points and you cannot get minus points for it. This means, even if you choose None, it is still 0 point, just like for the Average rating. So, in light of this, I would like to ask you to correct the sub''s ratings.
  • The molecular shield is one of SW's strongest shields, and here it is part of a multi-layer system. How is it possible that the rating is only High and not higher? Of course I read the weakness, but it only applies in case of injury. If you could possibly add that Molecular Shield is weaker than usual, in that case the High rating would be acceptable.

MANIAC MANIAC

So here's the problem I'm running into:

image.png

Screenshot_2024-03-14_130053.png

I understand that the spreadsheets might be out of date, but they are currently the only resource provided for calculating balance and the only 0 option for 100 meters is High, so that's what I set it to as you can see. I'm okay with changing the ratings as needed, but I need to know exactly what the balance you're getting is as right now I'm coming up with it's actually a little underpowered at current. Is there a new version of the spreadsheets available for Factory 6.0?

As for the molecular shielding, I'll be happy to adapt a weakness to explain why it's weaker than usual, but I'd love to have some direction on the above first before I fiddle with it.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

I think we discussed the same with your foremerly sub too, you can find the newer version here.
And at 100 metres the High with the 0 hangar is the smallest rating, so it is the 0, the Very High only +1 point, the Extreme only +2. But you can't get negative points, because there is no smaller rating than the high.
IsVnTtL.png

iKlT7S9.png

I'll convey your concerns to John and I'll speak with him to put the newest ship spreadsheet version into the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom