Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Jump and Carry On | [FO] Skism Hex + [GA] Carida Hex

Inaros Kaal

I
rrFTjWP.png

ANS Ionèl

"Sir, the Feronia is requesting our status," the comms officer said.​
"Chit," Kaal hissed under his breath. "Tell them everything is fine. We just have some, uh, minor coolant leaks that are keeping some of our ships grounded."​
The officer glanced back to Kaal with annoyance plain in his expression. Kaal mouthed a silent thank you and made an attempt to muster a smile, but ended up with more of a nervous grin. Comms rolled his eyes and returned his attention to the console.​
"Understood, sir," he replied. With the tap of a button, the line to the Feronia opened, and he spoke, "Ionèl to Feronia, we're experiencing some minor coolant leaks in our hangar decks. Some of the evac squadrons will be delayed. In the meantime, let us know where you need us."​
In the meantime, Kaal had begun to search his datapad for the latest updates from engineering. Chief Engineer Huyg had been on radio silence for several minutes now without mention of what had happened to the missing energy cores. Any unwanted incident in the middle of a humanitarian effort of immense importance could spiral out to be a media catastrophe, and the responsibility to fix it was squarely on Kaal's shoulders.​

He needed to Marina to Lady Devoe. He tried not to smile too much to make it seem ingenuine.

"Of course we can all work together and get everyone out then assign some of the group to you to assist with the care and meeting whatever needs the refugees have. Does that work for you?" He wasn't being condescending or patronizing he was merely making sure that his plan met her needs. He knew that she could easily misinterpret his actions and words with the drop of a hat.

He felt his teeth clenching then reminded himself to relax. She wasn't doing anything except breathing and asking for assistance. No need to feel like he was trapped in a room with no windows and doors with her.

"Perhaps you should speak with Master Rianna and have a team of first responders assigned to you when taking on these assignments. It might be helpful to you, to them and to anyone you're assisting."

Theo made some hand gestures to the troops with him, and nodded, "Ok we are ready to go."

Two blocks to the hospital what could happen? A lot.

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
Ariadne had expected Tikker to be resistant, so it was no surprise that he didn't just up and agree. Quarren weren't easily led or manipulated, even when it was in their best interests. He didn't want to leave his shop. He'd built his life here; his wife had died here, his children lived in the city, his whole life was here. It wouldn't be easy to convince him.

As Tikker closed down his shop, Ariadne leaned against the counter and waited. "Let me buy you a drink," she said. Tikker, who liked a tipple, readily agreed. He locked up his shop and they departed to the local watering hole. It was too warm and humid for Ariadne's tastes, but when on a Quarren colony world, do as the Quarren did, she supposed as she took a seat next to Tikker.

"Listen," she said over the glasses of kelp ale she had purchased for them. "I know what it's like to leave it all behind. It sucks."

"Not making the most compelling case, kid," said Tikker before taking a swig of the ale.

"You didn't let me finish," Ariadne said with a smirk. "It sucks but it's better than dying. And all your friends dying. Your children. Everyone you know." She sighed and rested her chin on her fist. "The people who are coming this way don't care about you or your business or your friends or your children. They don't care about anything but conquest and blood."

Tikker made a pbpbpbpb sound with his tentacles and mouth. "There's a chance they won't come," he said hopefully.

"Yes," Ariadne acknowledged. "In which case you come back and carry on. But until then, go somewhere safe. The First Order has resources to help. The Alliance, too, I'm sure."

Tikker was unconvinced. He took a handful of roasted plankton from the dish between them and shoveled them into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully as he watched the shockball on the screen behind the bar. Ariadne waited.

Resurgent Narrative

R
rrFTjWP.png
"Captain Vorgune, a response from the Alliance."
The Zabrak nodded toward the officer and ordered, "put it through Ensign."
:: Ionèl to Feronia, we're experiencing some minor coolant leaks in our hangar decks. Some of the evac squadrons will be delayed. In the meantime, let us know where you need us. ::
:: Acknowledged Ionèl, we're making good time on the evacuation. Keep alert for Bryn'adul, Sith, or anyone else looking to crash the party. ::
Communications closed, the Captain crossed the bridge and stood beside the engineering officer. "I want you to prepare a repair team, they likely won't ask but if they do - we'll have a team ready to go." The Engineering Officer acknowledged and temporarily left his post, the Captain stepped forward. It'd been a long while since he was responsible for overseeing the ship's engines, the Chief Engineer of the Feronia would be down near the engines themselves.
Objective Cresh was relatively silent and for that thus far the Captain was grateful.

Elisea Apollodor

E
rrFTjWP.png
The ground teams were moving fast to get people onto shuttles and off-world before the Bryn'adul came knocking, or crashing rather. Wearing her teal-colored FIMS uniform, a black undershirt, and blue-colored gloves as she adjusted the rebreather on her face. The Sith had already done a number on these worlds and whatever was left, whoever had survived were now faced with the choice of leaving their homeworld and try to survive, or escape and try to live. Tammar was where Elisea, Nylea Apollodor Nylea Apollodor , and Viers Connory Viers Connory worked, undoubtedly other members of FIMS worked elsewhere on the surface.
"Can you two check this neighborhood make sure we've gotten everyone who wants to be evacuated out?"
That was the thing, whether or not Tammarians wanted to leave was something else. Elisea hoped that through the coordination with the Galactic Alliance that the Tammarians might feel encouraged to depart their homeworld which at this point seemed to be in the Bryn'aduls path of destruction. Even if they survived there was no telling that the Sith would not come back through this area and subjugate them, again.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
0a0Iq2j.png

Ship: Czerka transport with 2 seismic detonators
Tagging: Theo Vereen Theo Vereen / Open

" ! ! !" She almost lost it right then and there.
But no.
No she didn't, for she loved, adored her queen, and weren't going to have the prince reel her in with what she quickly assumed was bait.

"Aherm... yes." She calmly steadied her tone.
"Yes, perhaps I should...." Marina nodded, keeping that difficult smile she were maintaining from collapsing.
"...you know, contact this Rianna." Nope, she had no clue as to whom he were baiting her with, if that person existed at all. "... the next time I am assigned.
Yes, certainly, Captain Vereen." Already he had started. The first time ever that her queen had asked her to assist her son Theo in a humanitarian mission, he were starting with her. It weren't that she were new to this. Hell, Marina had done more missionary work than he had any clue of.
But he wished to demean her here...then for the sake of her beloved queen, she'd humble herself.

"Humble...remain humble... he's royal blood.
Think of her majesty, Marina. Let her be proud of your resiliency.."
She told herself as she nodded at his suggestion.

Ok that was easy enough, she thought, in reference to not bark back as to what he were meaning by that.
Without further ado, she pointed, gestured to Theo's entourage and without another word got in line with them.

Of course one of the company couldn't help but notice she were a bit off and asked her if she were Ok.

"Huh?...who, me?
Ha!" She let escape a chuckle. Boy could give the man a good lowdown on the prince for sure. But she weren't one to do such things behind anyone's back. Not even behind Theo's.

"Sigh..
I'm ok.

Just never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we'd be in bed with the First Order, s'all." Well, that were half the truth. But a truth nevertheless.
The FO had it's ties and had been an offshoot of the Galactic Empire. Hell, they had the same fascists beliefs as their predecessors. And they had been the one to decimate their ancestral world. Why and how she could not come to terms as trusting this new alliance, was something which was too deep rooted in her ancestry. Still, a call for aid, no matter under what flag, she would answer.
Besides, she were to help civilians...not aid in the FO in taking over this system...well, she hoped not. But then again it wouldn't surprise her.

"Uhm, excused me a moment." She then excused herself, quickening her pace to catch up with Theo who were leading them toward the hospital.

"Captain, my Captain..." Marina said as she stepped up behind him.
"I know we have our differences and all, but I've come here to help...not impede." She then managed to squeeze herself between Theo and one of the men whom were walking beside him. The man looked over to Theo a moment before moving aside to give her his space.

"In all seriousness... " She began, lowering her voice as she leaned closer for only his ears to hear.
"...I do wish we could come to some kind of arrangement...some kind of middle ground as to be able to maybe breathe the same air without, you know, feeling like we're being suffocate by one another." Well it were just a guess, but if she felt the way she did being around him, then it would go to say he did the same.

"Anywho... aside from all that. I have your back." It took some effort to say, but it were the truth. She had no faith in any lasting alliances with the FO. Marina knew if fodder suddenly hit the fan, she'd have to get the prince out of there right quick. And who best could fly him out of trouble if hell should break out but her?
Well anyway, that was what she thought. Besides, it was her duty , right?

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:

Inaros Kaal

I
rrFTjWP.png
The comms officer listened intently to the response message and turned to relay its contents once it was received in full.

"The Feronia suggests we keep our eyes peeled for any unwanted visitors, sir," he said.

The words barely reached Kaal, who was intently staring at the datapad he held. A slow trickle of information from chief engineer Huyg had started coming in, and Kaal didn't like what he saw.

<Power cores never missing
<Cargo mix up
<Engineering K-1-0
<Aurek
<Ubiqitous

"Someone get me Albes. And open a private channel to the commanding officer of the Feronia in the CO's office," Kaal's tone was even as he talked. "Make sure to keep me updated on any developments regarding engineering, send anything you get to my pad."

The room had adopted a more rigid atmosphere in response to Kaal's tone. The officers responded to the uncertainty their Admiral left them in with new focus. Their response in the face of adversity was what made Kaal's job leagues less difficult.

The Admiral entered the CO's office and engaged its privacy protocols. The display port blacked out, lights dimmed, and sound-dampening emitters began to mask any sound that would try to escape to the outside world. The only line to the outside world pinged the Feronia and sprang to life on the holotable in the room's centre.

The, mostly, tidy likeness of Kaal would show up on whichever encrypted holo-comm system the Feronia's CO chose with a greeting.

"Hey, this is Admiral Inaros Kaal of the ANS Ionèl. In light of the importance of this joint mission, I thought it prudent to contact you, as our allies, in the spirit of trust between our two governments."

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
The lunch break consisted of two pints each of ale, then Ariadne and Tikker left the pub.

They hadn't spoken more about Ariadne's mission in the pub, but as they left, the amethyst Keshiri decided to press on. "People in this community look up to you," she told Tikker. She was not trying to flatter the man; it happened to be true. "Only reason anyone would give me the time of day when my people were on the run from the Bryn'adul was because you would work with me."

"You were a good mechanic," Tikker conceded. They ambled down the tunneled street, no particular destination in mind. "A good engineer. Can't say no to that."

She smirked. "Plenty did, 'til you." She clapped him on the shoulder.

Tikker stopped at streetlamp and leaned against it, feeling perhaps slightly in his cups. Not drunk, but comfortably tipsy.

"You really came all this way back," he began, and if Ariadne wasn't much mistaken, he was whatever the Quarren equivalent of misty-eyed was, "for me? You think I'm in danger?"

"'Course I did. You had my back when I had nothing but a set of spanners and a ship full of scared and hungry people." Now Ariadne was starting to feel misty-eyed. She looked away, frustrated at her inability to maintain her usual stoic behavior. Tikker's personality reminded her of her father, who she was sure was dead now. Ariadne couldn't bear to think of Tikker suffering the same fate. "Look, nerf-herder, you're not going to make me cry, are you? I'm ugly when I cry."

At this, Tikker roared with laughter, doubling over and clutching the lamp post so hard it trembled, making the shadows they cast shiver. When Ariadne asked what was so funny, he struggled to regain his composure enough to explain that, "To a Quarren, you were already ugly." Ariadne had to laugh, too, because she was sure it was true. When they had gotten a hold of themselves, Tikker said: "All right, kid. Let me think on it." He checked his chrono. "Got a few things to do. Meet me at the shop in two hours."

Resurgent Narrative

R
rrFTjWP.png
The Engineering Officer had only just returned to his post, and Captain Vorgune on his way back to the holotable when he was informed of the message. "Send it to my ready room, number one - you have the bridge," remarked Vorgune to the executive officer. The Zabrak crossed the bridge with haste, the doors hissed opened, and there before him were the comforts of home. The burnt plaque of the old Feronia surrounded by models of its old fleet. The beautiful Dosuunian Oak with a gorgeous finish that held them all. The warm bulbs of light that shined down upon them, and on the bottom the row of succulents that he tended to daily.
The floor covered by a rug that held the new First Order's naval emblem. "Activate countermeasure Gawain-Alpha-Two, authorization Vorgune 0120."
"Acknowledged Captain Vorgune."
The disembodied voice that represented the ship mainframe's human-like voice began the process of activating countermeasures against listening devices of any kind, dampening sound, and dimming the ready room's lights. Viewport covered as he took his seat at his desk, a small monitor rose up from the desk. Encryption protocols engaged, the message was allowed through, "a pleasure to meet you Admiral Kaal, I am Captain Vorgune of the FIV Feronia, consider me grateful that you've reached out. It certainly speaks volume for this operation and one I hope continues to go as successful as it has been." The Zabrak paused and studied the man on the screen before him and diligently continued, "but I suspect that you didn't call me through these channels for a simple hello."

0a0Iq2j.png

C O P H R I G I N _ V
EQUIPMENT: COMBAT ARMOUR | FEVERWASP (2) | SOHEI | TIDEFALL

hJJw3Ng.png

Do I... Do we look reversed?

She made a face at the Jedi's query, though it was entirely concealed beneath her helm. Honestly, the commando wasn't sure which was up, left, or right. Well, maybe she knew which was up given down remained the same. The power's of deduction triumphed there. In the end, she just shrugged and looked down at her weapon.

"Can I kill them?"

That was a far more interesting question.

".tuo dnif s'teL" Twin swords found their way to her hands, and in a practiced movement she felt the strange pull of wind around her hands and blades. What usually felt like cutting through air, felt like she was being pushed. Right into the thigh of a massive drone creature. It stopped screaming, and she blinked in shock, wrenching backward as it lunched forward in strange synchronization.

Scrambling, the commando moved as she would normally; though at this range it felt strange. Dizzying. Her opponent was hideous, and she wasn't sure even if she were moving forward she'd be able to make much sense of its appearance. Feeling her blade yank forward, she managed to skewer through what might have been the monster's ears, before she was blown away and to the side. Back on her feet again and panting.

",savnac a no hsurb a fo ekorts decalpsim eht revo gnitniap ekil ti fo knihT .deneppah tahw segnahc tsuj ti ,emit esare t'now od ew tahW .eussi tuohtiw erefretni nac ew sesoporp ytilasuac cisaB" ⁽¹⁾

"?dead gniyats s'tahT ?sey oS"

STRIKE TEAM DORN: Marae Tavlar | Aelys | Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca | Leon Gallo
OPPOSITION: Bryn’adûl | Entropy

rrFTjWP.png
"That sounds like a good idea to me."

Though Nylea had come to Tammar alongside Elisea, it didn't look like it. Where her fiancé wore a uniform to show she was part of the First Order, the echani looked decidedly more civilian. It was really all she was, too. The only difference with most was that she followed the Jedi way. Still, she often joined Elisea in the various relief efforts the First Order sent the Avalonian on. At first Nylea had been surprised at how willing they were to have the extra pair of hands despite not wearing their badge, but now she had actually gotten acquainted with a few of Elisea's 'co-workers'. She was perhaps no fan of imperialism as a concept, but living in Avalonia had shown her that this First Order was a far cry from its predecessor. For the better, too.

Here, though, being a Jedi was actually a directly helpful thing. While most of the evacuation forces in the area were people of the First Order, they had another Force user with them. Nylea hoped to be a relatable figure to her, so she wouldn't feel like the odd one out.

"Shall we go?" the echani asked the younger of the three as she turned towards her. "We have got quite a bit of ground to cover."

Aelys

A
The words of another member of their team reached his ears. Aelys hadn't noticed them at first, but the Arkanian's voice crackled across the coms clearly. To others, those that observed or heard them it sounded chopped and screwed, nonsensical. The ones that had actually lived through this day wouldn't know what the mysterious time agents said, but to those others that were inverted? It was fluent.

Aelys saw the Mirialan charge in, assaulting one of the Draelvasier, of which he was quick to hop in after her.

"?dead gniyats s'tahT ?sey oS"

The plasmatic beam of the saberstaff dipped down, carving through the armoured leg of another Draelvasier that stood in front of him. Through the side of the knee the bottom end of his staff went. Their armour was inferior to the typical lightsabre resistant materials that specialized units often wore. They hadn't been expecting Jedi on this day.

The alien didn't even seem to notice him as it retreated, Aelys in close pursuit before he jerked forwards, the top end of the saberstaff cleaving through what he could only guess at being his throat.

"Here's hoping," he muttered, only briefly sparing a glance to the other fallen soldiers and Draelvasier before finding the Mirialan and following in tow.

GROUP DORN - COPHRIGIN AND NEW ALDERAAN
OBJECTIVE: EVACUATE HOSPITAL PATIENTS TO SANCTUARY CITY
tAGS: Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe

She seemed to always take everything as some kind of offense, he could feel it in the air it rippled between them. "Yeah no one would have thought of us here with the First Order, though cousin Claire had many dealings with them and she claimed that we just didn't understand them or their of life. I'm not so sure she wasn't misled." He shook his head, "the sooner we can load up the sooner we can leave the FO behind."

Marina walked with him he didn't understand her. "Yes, I didn't think you came to cause problems Lady DeVoe." What she said next made him pause so much so that he stopped and looked at her. He kept his tone down, "Lady DeVoe Rianna is a healer and my Great Aunt. I suggested the team because they need the training, and you seemed to need some help on these larger evacs. It was a suggestion to help you..not question your ability or smother you. "

He genuinely felt hurt that no matter what he said to her she took some offense to it like he was the dark lord of the sith. He chuckled just a bit to let go of the nervous energy that he felt. He remembered his promise to be kind, not that he though he had ever been unkind. But who knew the mind of another.

"You have my back." He smiled, "Good to know, appreciate it." Hospital was just up ahead, "Ready to help some folks so we can all go home?"

He looked at her again. Least she wasn't falling over his feet and proclaiming some unrequited romantic illusions about him, that was a relief.

The enclave had encouraged their younger dwellers to venture forth and see the galaxy, Viers took the first and the farthest location she could find fro Jakku. She hadn’t looked into the job at all, but when she arrived, it was something she had not expected. Evacuating civilians to avoid an extraterrestrial or something race that destroyed everything it touched. Surprise still caressed the padawan’s face as she went over the details that were given to her.

They had cleared out the particular sector in record timing; even the others around them had complimented the young woman. In return for the compliments, Viers just smiled awkwardly, unsure how to respond to the words. Being quite the daydreamer, Viers thought quietly as she chewed at the tip of her thumb. Part of her wanted to fight these masters of destruction, while the other part of her wanted to hide from the nightmares the stories about them would undoubtedly cause. Still, she was grateful that this wasn’t a combat mission fighting against these Bryn’adul.

A voice drew the Corellian’s attention back to reality, and Viers dropped her hand from her mouth - quickly shoving it into the leather jacket she was wearing. Despite being a Jedi, she was fond of wearing more casual civilian clothing and the old leather jacket that her mentor had given to her - one that was left when she was left on the Master’s door. “Uh,” Viers looked towards Nylea and shrugged. “We should, but do you know much about these Bryn’adul? Like why aren’t the Jedi fighting them? They seem to fit the bill of ‘a danger to the galaxy.’ type thing.” Viers added emphasis to her statement with air quotes and then shrugged.

“Just sucks, these poor people having to leave home because of something that could be easily stopped or something.” Viers sighed softly and shrugged, deciding that it was probably not the best idea to dwell on these things. A smile, though, slowly formed over her slender face, “It’s good we’re here though to help them, its kind of nice to see people working together for a better cause - I wish the rest of the galaxy would do that instead of fighting wars.” A hint of annoyance echoed in the girl’s voice as she finished. While she enjoyed combat, she knew it wasn’t always the best way to handle things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
0a0Iq2j.png

Ship: Czerka transport with 2 seismic detonators
Tagging: Theo Vereen Theo Vereen / Open

'Whoa, back up a minute...' she thought to herself.
"Aunt?
He has an aunt named-
FRAK!...
Oh Berkana in the Highest. How did I forget that?! "
she silently exclaimed to herself. Marina's thoughts suddenly came out of the fog she were in. Yes...yes of course...the Jedi, the Master Organa. It should have been as plain as day to have known whom Theo were talking about. Marina didn't utter a word as he explained. She simply nodded...nodded with more concrete understanding.
Yes, she had wanted to meet his aunt on many occasions. Rianna were a renowned Jedi master following a long line of Jedi from the Royal House of organa.
She just proved how much a ditz she were to her nemesis, Theo. Well ok he were no nemesis...but still. He had one up on her again.

Marina were bold in her own right, but not too proud not to realize she were in a way antagonizing Theo. Marina knew better, but he had gotten under her skin the very first time they met. Still, she had agreed to serve on his team..serve under his group. Marina swallowed his words and stepped down her demeanor.

"I'm sorry captain. I know I was leading to be out of order. I'll do my part. This mission stands before anything of a personal nature." She then said, before slowing her step to get back to where she were before with his group...to follow.

Naturally she fell back in line alongside the same man she were speaking with before deciding to buzz like a bee in Theo's ear.
"That...
That was...Interesting.
You wouldn't want to explain what that was all about?" he asked looking over to her.

For a moment she bit into her lower lip. She had made a scene alright. Something that would make the rounds among Theo's crew.
That meant that whatever Theo had said or may have said about her to his circle, she had just displayed it.
"Nah... nothing to talk about.
~sigh~
Just an ol'insect bite that festered into a boil s'all."
Marina replied as they came upon the hospital grounds. She knew she had pushed it somewhat. She just should have melded with the rest of the team and leave whatever was between them be. Marina testing Theo's arrogance backfired on her big time.
Grrr... he irked her so much...

Hmm...
Odd that there were no orderlies, nor anyone about before the main entrance for that matter....not even an ambulatory speeder.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:

Elisea Apollodor

E
rrFTjWP.png
"The Sith already came through here once," began Elisea as she walked beside them toward the vehicle. "The Bryna'dul..." the words escaped the Avalonian to be quite honest, she struggled for a moment or two. Facial expression shifted as she found the words, "they are a type of hell no one should suffer through." Reports of the devastation left in their wake were... "the kind of devastation they leave behind, cruel is too soft of a word to describe."
"But you're right," admitted Elisea, "no one should have to leave their home, and it is their choice. We won't make anyone who doesn't want to go, go..." But the alternative didn't seem all that appealing. It's- to say it was a hard choice is again, an understatement, all they could do was provide the opportunity for people to escape. "I understand the Galactic Alliance has fought against the Bryn'adul on several occasions."
Easy wasn't a word she would use, "not so sure I'd call fighting the Bryn'adul easy though, if it were easy, then the Bryn'adul wouldn't be where they are now would they?" It was an honest question left in the air, if all it took was to simply fight them then why hadn't the Silver Jedi Concord, Galactic Alliance, the Sith Empire, or the Confederacy wiped them out already? It wasn't easy, and it didn't help that many of the aforementioned governments were busy fighting each other - mostly. "Suppose it doesn't help that those who are able to stop them, have been busier fighting each other."
She gave the padawan a nod of acknowledgment, "and yes it is good that we're here, that we're working together. Helping those who need it the most," Elisea offered the padawan a soft smile. "We'll take this repulsor jeep and head into the next section." The Avalonian climbed into the jeep and started the vehicle up waiting for Nylea and Viers to settle in, before driving toward the next section.

rrFTjWP.png
Nylea was glad that Elisea took it upon her to answer the question posed to them. Nylea had no real connection to any of the Jedi orders of the galaxy beyond knowing the names and faces of a few of their members; their ideologies did not fit her own and so she remained a Jedi without an order. It meant she only knew of their actions as far as news sources reported on them. Simply said, Nylea didn't know any more than Viers did.

What Nylea also shared with the Padawan was her disappointment. The large nations of the galaxy were all too happy to go to war to prove one point or another, leaving devastation in their wake in places where their time was much better spent providing aid. Blasters fired eternally in this galaxy; where in one place they ceased, they would continue in another. The echani would forever do what she could mend what those wars would break, but she was only one woman. Thankfully she wasn't alone in her efforts anymore, but even then her efforts often felt like a drop in the bucket. Still, every life saved was one less tragedy. It was the least she could do.

"Mhm," Nylea vocalized in agreement with Elisea. Thankfully there still were people with a heart for others out there. "And I am thankful you are here to help out too, Viers." Not everyone who had seen the ugly side of the galaxy remained virtuous, but from what the Padawan was saying, she seemed very much aware and still wanted to do something. It did Nylea good to see.

The trio got themselves into the vehicle and Nylea strapped herself in, taking one final look around the area. It was mostly deserted now, though a few people still walked the streets. Her heart was heavy for them, but there was little else they could do. It was their decision. "May the Force protect those who remain," she quietly spoke, a look of worry forming.

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
Ariadne made a few stops to the places and people that she remembered fondly from her time on Pammant, and presented herself back at the stall at the appointed hour, and was surprised to find that there was a small group gathered around, maybe a dozen Quarren. Some wore the jumpsuits of mechanics and others the kinds of clothes she had seen stall owners or waiters in the pubs in. "Here she is," said Tikker as she approached. He beckoned her up towards the counter, and she followed. "Some of my friends and family that I asked to come and hear what you have to say."

"Me? I don't -- "

Tikker held a webbed hand up. "I got them here, but you know what this is like firsthand. I think you'll be best situated to convince them. Come. Here you go."

Ariadne every eye on her; she felt sweat gathering under her collar. She tried a smile which felt more like a grimace. Even Chunk scrambled down arm to the counter and looked at her. Thanks a lot, she thought at the droid before turning her gaze back to the gathered group. "Hello. I'm Ariadne. You may remember that I came through here with a group of Keshiri last year. We had to leave Kesh because the Bryn'adul came and burned the planet. My sister and I are the only ones in my family to survive. We had a few dozen on my ship. I don't know how many beyond that group there are in the galaxy. There is a very real possibility that when we die, we will be the last of our species."

She looked around the crowd. "If the Bryn'adul come here, you will die or you will have to flee. As I'm sure you know, it's hard to leave everything behind. It's hard to go out into a galaxy that doesn't care about you." Ariadne resisted the urge to point out that some of the people she was speaking to were among those who had slammed their doors in her face when she had been here as a refugee. Instead, she said: "What I'm here to offer is an easier path. The First Order has ships and supplies to help you move and will help settle you somewhere suitable to your needs. If you come now, when the First Order and the Galactic Alliance are able to help, your chances will be so much better than trying to scramble on your own."

The Quarren mumbled among themselves.

epgYA6e.png

Morale: Neutral
Aerarii Tithe | Jac Yaxis | O P E N

There was nothing for it, nothing to explain how the Vice Chancellor’s manner of speech was so amusing to the Major. To say it was attractive or infectious would be far too much credit; too early to really say either. Besides, initial charm could be the practiced tool of a snake. Considering his shifting alliances, she could at the very least assume there was a measure of venom swirling around in that experienced head of his. Nevertheless, she decided to admit to herself that listening him talk all day was probably a great way to end up distracted or coaxed into a position of disadvantage.

Rosy from such strange bedfellows, Sybil kept her next response brief.

“Orders, of course. Curiosity, however, keeps this assignment interesting. To see different perspectives and methods of work really is a. . . scintillating form of education.” This sentence was bookended with the Major flourishing a hand to produce a datapad from her sleeve. A number of commands were fingered in: orders for the task force embossed with the telltale red sigils to execute their next phase of the operation in the name of and by the authority of that Government from the Outer Rim, that old needle in the neck, the First Order.

She saw no reason to personally appraise those aboard. Their sensors would say everything that needed to be said. Moreover, it wasn’t as though these proceedings weren’t already preplanned —for the most part.

The assigned section of the coalition ships zipped off and made for Minntoonie with all haste, cutting streaks into the sky of the planet as they hurried to their destinations.

Uy5LZCm.png

Wb6O9UM.png

Last edited:

Inaros Kaal

I
rrFTjWP.png

Kaal hadn't expected a Zabrak. He kicked himself for that, figuratively. Prejudice was a difficult thing to let go of, always worming itself inside thoughts when least expected, especially when it came to the matter of Imperials.

"Correct. We have a bit of a situation developing on our end," he started. "It pertains to our engine deck. So far we don't have any closer information, the deck's gone silent, but we're making every effort possible to find out what's going on."

The datapad on the table in front of Kaal lit up. New information rolled in, Kaal allowed himself the glance down to skim the latest report. His expression grew sterner.

"I'm sharing this information because of our position above Iego. If our reactor were to be compromised, the Ionèl would pose a potentially catastrophic risk to the evacuation efforts, or worst case the people of Iego directly. What makes this situation more difficult is our proximity to nearby Alliance vessels, or rather the lack thereof," he let the implication sit for a moment.

The situation was still developing. Engineering was on full lockdown, and Albes' security teams were, so the datapad relayed, already preparing to retake it and find out just what in Corellia's seven hells had taken control of the deck. Kaal had to face the fact that his teams might fail, however. If the threat was working towards sabotaging the evacuation efforts, a Star Destroyer's reactor core posed a powerful tool to that end.

"We've contacted another Alliance vessel, it'll arrive, but I fear not fast enough. FO vessels would have to be the first ones to handle the Ionél, should things go south. I don't think I have to explain why that could potentially cause an unwanted incident that the wrong people could spin in a manner that could destabilize relations," the tension in his jaw made him speak with a reserved intensity.

The Alliance was already stretched thin in their war efforts against the Sith Empire, and with mounting tensions all over the Galaxy, giving the flames of war more fuel was about the last thing Kaal wanted to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom