Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Jump and Carry On | [FO] Skism Hex + [GA] Carida Hex

Resurgent Narrative

R

rrFTjWP.png
Vorgune listened intently to the Admiral, "I see."
A statement of acknowledgment, the Zabrak sat upright in his desk and here he presumed that the Alliance wouldn't bother to ask for any help least of all from the First Order. A hand went to his chin and the other tucked underneath as he thought on the scenario before him. "Agreed," it sounded like someone certainly didn't want the two nations to work together, let alone be this far from home evacuating people they knew nothing about other than the fact that they needed to escape the Bryn'aduls genocidal path.
The Zabrak was sure the man before him was doing everything possible to get everything under control. So, Vorgune turned to bring up the active map to show the distance and formations of the ships in the region. "I'll make contact with our engineering captain, we are quite fortunate that his ship is indeed close to you. We'll reroute the smaller corvettes, all the same, they won't be able to pack a punch but they've got enough energy to create a shield bubble around your ship while the engineering cruiser and some of the smaller cutters effectively tow your Star Destroyer out of range. It'll take some maneuvering but Balance willing, we should be able to get you and yours out of Iego, safely."
Perhaps it was a good thing that the First Order over-prepared. The initial purpose for these engineering cruisers was to ensure that their own boats would be able to keep going, or in some cases make sure the civilian ships could get out under their own power if requested. "I understand, Admiral that you are more than capable of the Ionél's situation, however; if needed, I am more than ready to dispatch engineering teams to your ship." He didn't think the Stormtroopers would be a welcomed sight, so he didn't mention that they too could be dispatched.
"Bear with me a moment while I contact the engineering captain," the Zabrak's brow furrowed as he placed his hand along the screen and scrolled through manifest lists. "Here we go, Captain Sogome of the FIV Aitnaîos," Vorgune's voice quieted down as he moved in his seat to pick up a black-colored device. It took only moments and then Vorgune spoke to Sogome. Informed the man of the situation and then placed the device back down on his desk and turned his attention back to Admiral Kaal. "Captain Sogome will be on his way with the Aitnaîos and a line of corvettes to assist."

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
USdGAfE.png
It wasn't so long ago, that Vhon and her sister Ariadne Gallaer were the ones leaving their homeworld. Only they didn't have the luxury of some other government coming to their aid. No, for them it was hell - rushing from one block to another, reminding themselves to never look back and keep going. Get on a ship, any ship it didn't matter so long as it was leaving their homeworld - their home. The family they had that had now been turned into nothing more than a memory. The days and nights spent on that freighter, drifting from port to port.
Vhon was angry.

The mere thought of it made her angry, again.
She took a deep breath and exhaled.
Her fate and that of her sister's didn't have to be the fates of those here, those who survived the Sith Empire - how now faced the Bryn'adul. A group that seemed stronger than any space wizard around. Somewhere on this rock, Vhon knew her sister was at work and so she trudged forward to at the very least link back up with her sister after getting it through the skulls of those who remained that life with the Bryn'adul didn't exist.

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
"How do we know these Alliance and Order people are as good as their word?" asked a Quarren guardedly, his eyes narrowing slightly at the amethys-fleshed Keshiri. "How do we know they'll look after us? They might be trying to trick us."

Ariadne rubbed the bridge of her nose, resisting the urge to shake her head. People were so paranoid these days, but she supposed that it only made sense. Who knew who to trust? Ariadne had to admit that, before the First Order took them in, they would not have been the first group that came to mind as being the place for refugees to flee. The Alliance -- maybe, but they had their own problems, too. "You don't know," she said bluntly. "You never know for sure. But you can listen to me. They had no reason to take in me and my people other than the recognition of the value each life has. And besides, what are they going to trick you into? Neither place allows slavery. Both places are spending money to settle refugees. I didn't have to pay a single cred."

The Keshiri didn't like to talk about this part. It exposed her need, her reliance on others, her status as a charity case. "They offered a homestead for me and my sister -- everyone that goes through has the offer -- for a parcel of land or an apartment if you like to live in the city. Money to get started as you find a place to work. People to help you find work suited to your interests and skills. Nobody is left to die. Nobody is killed, either, which is what is going to happen if you stay here. The Bryn'adul won't stop. They can't be reasoned with. They will kill each and every one of you, and all your friends and all your family. They will kill you."

A flash of purple caught her eye and she raised a hand to peer out. It was Vhondryl Gallaer. "Hey! Vhon! Over here. Everyone, this is my sister, Vhondryl, I'm sure some of you remember her. What has been your experience in the First Order as a refugee?"

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
USdGAfE.png
Vhon's experience, well, she wasn't dead and she was alive, "my experience..." Her voice trailed off as she came to stand side by side with her sister. "My experience has been that I was treated like a person and not a number, and given a place to start off." The Keshiri took in a breath and exhaled. She got a look at the people around them, Quarren from the look of it. "Listen it ain't much but it's honest livin' and as painful as it's been to be back in a place where the Bryn'adul can knock down this planet or where the Sith can come through without so much as a second thought to your well being, or even ours..."
"It's, not easy."
"You're leaving everything you've ever known," she gestured around them, Vhon wore black flight pants and a black leather jacket that sat over her white shirt. The jacket had a stripe on it signifying her service to the First Order thus far. "To go to places so far from here, but if I've learned anything it's that a home isn't a place, it's the people - people who you call home, where your heart lies."
She shifted her lips to the side and looked at Ari for a second and then back at the people around them. Vhon looked at her sister again gave her a smile, and quietly whispered, "hope this helps the transports are ready."

There was a general unease settling over the area like so much fabric that simple weighed down everything beneath it. Varick took a step or two to the side, leaving Lydia to her discussion with Auteme as the door leading to the audience chamber remained closed and guarded as it had been since their arrival. It was seemingly clear that the League was bent on delaying the negotiations to save their own people, but to what end, he could not fathom. Regardless of their preconceived notions of the First Order or the Galactic Alliance, what should have been obvious was that both were there simply to help.
This waiting and watching while their people were being wiped out was absolutely baffling. The Sith that had protected them in exchange for their seeming servitude had left them to their own devices and withdrawn. The Bryn'adul were the looming threat that was poised to wipe out what remained of their people. Varick knew there was more to the matter than this simplified reduction of events, but the way the League seemed willing to allow the slaughter of their people was repugnant to him.
With a barely audible sigh, the Imperial Knight lifted a gloved hand to attend to the message beeping for attention on the embedded comlink. He frowned, rereading it several times before the sensation of unease he'd been feeling coalesced in the back of his mind. He swore in his native tongue under his breath before regaining his composure and turning back to Lydia and Auteme.

"If you ladies would please excuse me, there is a pressing matter I am called to attend to. I should be able to return shortly, but I am reachable by comlink should you have need of me in the meantime." Varick smiled and offered a half bow before glancing briefly at Auteme and Eralam.

///If and when they let you in, let me know and I'll see if I can't mind link with you to broadcast to them what's going on. There's a group of Quarren who were trying to escape to our transports but were cornered by a handful of Sith that stayed behind to wreak havoc it seems. Hopefully we can get there in time to save them. Force and balance be with you./// he sent discreetly through the Force to both of them.

Nodding to Eralam, the armored man strode off towards the landing zone they had come from. Hopping onto a waiting speederbike, Varick spoke briefly to the First Order troops and motioned for the Shard to join him on another. They were soon off, speeding towards the outskirts of the city and to the one of the more remote evacuation zones where the trouble was brewing.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
USdGAfE.png

Ryv said nothing at her initial response. He commented, can't say he didn't expect something along the lines of what the Captain had to say. He slipped his hands into his pockets and listened to the back and forth between her and her men, then her and himself. No nonsense was the theme. Not much room for jokes, nor conversation, as Sun-Shin so willingly pointed out.

With zero ideas on how to help around the Captain's deck, he shrugged and moved over to a chair as she suggested. A part of him considered playing the part of feeling snubbed by the remark. Pretend to be pretty? C'mon, he was literally a model. He was paid to be pretty. Yet, even with all that in mind, the kiffar couldn't find it in himself to care.

"Alrighty," Ryv muttered from his seat. He hummed softly, his one-man melody meant to drown out his boredom. How they hadn't managed to encounter any opposition so close to Bryn'adul space confused him profusely. The xenophobic lobstermen normally took these sorts of things personally.

He shifted his attention to a nearby naval officer overlooking something Ryv couldn't quite make out.

"Hey, man, whatcha doin'?" Ryv inquired.

"Wh- Oh, no!" the officer groaned in frustration. He looked back at Ryv, eyes narrowed. "I'm trying to do my job, thank you very much."

"Hey man, relax," he hopped up and rounded the terminal.

The officer moved about frantically, clicking several different buttons in a panic. When nothing worked, he pressed himself against the screen and looked back up at Ryv. "This is top-secret intel not meant for someone like you, pal. Why don't you return to your se-"

"Are you playing a game?" Ryv asked, nudging aside the officer's hand. "Oh man, you totally are! What is this? Starbreaker? Alien Infestation? Wormo?"

"You play Starbreaker?" the officer perked up; his anxiety turned to excitement.

"Of course, dude! It's a classic, right out of the holoarcades. What's your high score?" he looked at the top of the screen, face screwed up in an attempt to bite back laughter. "Five thousand? Only five thousand?! My guy, that's pitiful. Did you just start playing or something?"

"Yeah, it was a gift from my wife..."

"Alright, move over," Ryv slid into the chair. "Lemme show you a real high score."

Sun-Shin Tae

S
USdGAfE.png
It wouldn't take long before the officer was relieved from his station, "thank you Knight. I believe your services are no longer required on the bridge." A security officer informed the Knight, "you are welcomed to make use of the meditation chambers, your guest quarters, and should you have need of anything you are welcomed to head to the mess hall." The Captain sent a personal message to the Knight that they could speak after the mission was complete. A report would be sent to the Galactic Alliance regarding the disregard the Jedi possessed for the First Order and its bridge crew.
"Captain Sun-Shin, a report from Captain Vorgune at Objective Cresh." Reported a communications officer
Sun-Shin gave a nod of acknowledgment and headed for her personal console. She studied the information presented to her and did her best to assess it then and there. "Commander Ahmad, please report to the bridge." Inter-ship communication called for the Executive Officer's presence aboard the bridge. It took only a few moments for the officer to reach the bridge, "Commander Ahmad you have the bridge, I'll be in my ready room."
A reprimand would be given to the officer who decided that his duties were not nearly as important as a video game. Perhaps some time to rethink his career choices, Captain Sun-Shin had no room for those who decided their jobs were only the second priority while on duty. Let alone the lack of professionalism for doing so. It seemed that Vorgune would be assisting Admiral Kaal near Iego. He requested additional support, support that Sun-Shin could scarcely afford to give him let alone the time it would take to get from either Mon Cal or Pammant to Iego. Then there was the matter of the Jedi Knight who had no regard for protocol and seemed fit to do as he pleased. If his behavior continued, she'd have him removed from the ship entirely.
Ryv Ryv

USdGAfE.png

The Shard knew, from others' painful experience, that his body wasn't exactly in compliance with local safety regulations. It wasn't meant for sharing speederbikes, especially not with squishy organics whose flesh could get shredded by the various joints between armored plates. A hug from him was only slightly less dangerous than a hug from a giant syphilitic porcupine who made a habit of grooming its spines with sewer runoff, and only then because he wasn't contagious.

Fortunately for all involved, he was used to this sort of thing. He simply stood on the rear of the seat, feet together, body facing the direction of travel, arms straight out for balance as he willed physics to pretend nothing was amiss. Physics was a little skeptical about the idea overall, but what the hell, it had been a long day and it needed a break.

Eralam wasn't sure, exactly, where they were going. There wasn't anything wrong with his ability to detect the thoughts of other Force users. The problem was, his crystalline brain ran off an entirely different syntax. He could see the code, but it was as foreign and alien to him as raw trinary was to the average organic. Over time, he'd learned to pick out bits and pieces, but overall it was like trying to harvest milk from a bull: frustrating, unrewarding, and deeply embarrassing for all parties involved.

Whatever. What little bit he'd understood suggested there were things at the other end to kill. Hopefully giant lobster crab thingies, but he wouldn't object to some leftover Sith, or maybe a Vong who'd just woken up after 8 centuries and hadn't realized that their war was long over. Man, if he had a nickel for every time that happened, he'd have, like, two nickels. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that it happened twice was really odd.

"?dead gniyats s'tahT ?sey oS"

The Drael'vasir's body was going to drop dead for the other drones present, as it would for the Alliance Team. The key difference would be the frame of reference. To the Drael it appeared like the Commando flew towards the Drael from its side, plunged her blades in, jumped off again and walked away in reverse. To Bernard and the team, it was a standard execution.

The question was going to be more rhetorical than anything else, "?ti nac ,niarb eht tuohtiw noitcnuf t'nac ydoB" ⁽¹⁾

There wouldn't be enough time to explain altered causality in-depth mid-mission, the Bryn were numerous, and avoiding death was still anything but a trivial issue.

Bernard drew a pair of blaster pistols from his hip-holsters. Their durasteel grips felt warm to the touch, paradoxically. Entropy really was reversed in its entirety.

The moment's distraction nearly made him miss the blade coming in from behind, angled to behead. Bernard ducked, the Drael's swing missing by a hair's breadth, and fired a fast salvo. The first few bolts bounced off the warrior's armour, but the last two hit their mark, directly striking the beast's face. It fell backwards, pulled along by the weight of its weapon as it reached back to start the swing, in its timeline.

How did the Drone manage to swing its blade if it died before it could swing the swing? Simple, don't think about it.

⁽¹⁾ "Body can't function without the brain, can it?" the question was more rhetorical than anything else.

Last edited:
He nodded to Marina not really sure what else he could say and then he watched her drift back behind him. It was at that moment Lieutenant Dobson came up, "Captain"

Theo glanced over, "Lieutenant" the same single tone response.

Dobson smiled, "Nothing sir just....catching up." Theo shook his head at him, "Nothing to fret over just" Dobson chuckled, "everyone wishes they had those kind of troubles"

"Oh no they don't." Theo looked around, "Seem quiet to you? Shouldn't there be something like an ambulance,...people coming and going?" Theo slowed as if his conversation with Dobson was drawing his attention away from the building, "take a few men look around make sure...everything is good." Then he scanned the group how many civilians were with them.

"If we go in there...." Dobson nodded, Theo took a deep breath, "I'm going in there...if its clear I'll signal if its not. Get the civilians out." Theo smiled and turned while the men began to disburse though the core of the group continued to the hospital. Theo acted like it was a walk in the park. A lot of people could be angry about things going on...a lot of things could happen...

Theo reached the doors he could see someone at the station...going in......he smiled again and for some reason he turned to look at the group, his gaze on Marina for a moment, then he broke the connection and walked inside.

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe

Resurgent Narrative

R
0a0Iq2j.png

Unaware of activities being conducted in a temporal sense by Gala Geert Gala Geert , Aelys, Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca , Leon Gallo Leon Gallo , and Marae Tavlar Marae Tavlar . Niance Kinniak, sister to GADF Pilot Frielle. Steadily worked to ferry transports of refugees to and from either First Order or Galactic Alliance vessels. She was working in tandem with other pilots, including her own sister. Admittedly, neither of them spoke to each other - Frielle distrusted everything about Imperials and Niance wanted nothing to do with her big sister.
Niance made contact with some of her squadmates, Jaida Tess and Kim Dae-Hyun. "En route with another transport," she informed traffic control and included, "transport shuttle zero-four-one, black-three in command." The void and it's stars glittered back at her transport as it crossed the ocean black. Codes configured for the GA Star Destroyer as she came to land. Cophrigin V was her target, and thus far they hadn't run into any trouble from those who wanted to leave, at the very least.

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
Ariadne leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over her midsection, listening to Vhondryl Gallaer's commentary. Inside, her heart was breaking. Illogical though it may have been, the stress and anxiety in her sister's life signified to Ariadne her failure in her role as an older sibling and protector. It was completely nonsensical; she had no control over the Bryn'adul and couldn't have stopped them if she tried. All the people she knew couldn't stop them. They'd all had to run.

It still hurt her to know that her sister's life had been so badly disrupted. Her own struggles were less important to Ariadne. Funny how family worked like that.

When Vhon had finished her discussion and let her know that the transports were ready, Ariadne smiled her thanks. She pressed a kiss into her sister's temple and put an arm around her shoulder before addressing the rest of the Quarren. "The transports are fueled and ready to go. If you want to get out now, you are welcome to do so. Bring your families and your friends. You cannot bring a lot; one suitcase each. Bring your essentials: clothes and medications you'll need for the journey. Please bring only the smallest and easiest to transport mementos and valuables. I know it is hard to leave them behind, but it's critical that we move with haste."

Ariadne turned to her friend Tikker. "Tell me you're coming after all this fuss."

Tikker's tentacles twitched and he smiled sadly. "I'm coming," he said loudly; Ariadne understood that he was talking to the others, signifying that he accepted the gravity of the situation. They locked eyes, and she could tell they were both hoping it would be enough. "Gonna go back for the boys," said Tikker. "Save us a spot, huh?"

"First class berth for you," Ariadne assured him. "On my transport that means a sleeping mat close to the mess."

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
USdGAfE.png
Vhon smoked one last cigarette, body leaned up against the transport. A blaster styled like a Corellian revolver hung off her hip and in its holster. It was covered by her jacket, barely, the transport was being loaded up. First Order Stormtroopers handed out food kits, lunch mostly - an odd sight for anyone. Stormtroopers, handing out food to those boarding a refugee shuttle. Stormtroopers because their armor was easily seen and recognizable except instead of running away from them. People walked toward them and Vhon, the purple-skinned Keshiri stood there with a cigarette between her fingers.
She extinguished the stick against the cold ground and watched the smoke dissipate into the air. Hands in her pockets the Keshiri moved to stand beside the Stormtroopers and picked up the hygiene crate adjacent to her. Opening it up she grabbed a handful and began to hand them out. It was a long way to Coruscant and further to Dosuun. The First Order based their kits on Auteme Auteme 's recommendations back on Crytal Nest. A chill in the air spoke to the feeling of doom that surrounded them. "Best get a move on," she whispered to the Stormtrooper handing him some of the packs.
Vhon made her way for the transport's cockpit and prepared herself to settle in for a long trip. Thankfully it wouldn't that long as they're supposed to meet up with a larger ship once they were firmly within SJC space. It was only when Vhon had settled in that she thought about Ari and suddenly the younger of the two wondered just how she managed to get both of them out of the hellhole that had been their homeworld when the Bryn'adul arrived.

Kim Dae-Hyun

K
0a0Iq2j.png
"Copy that, Black Three," said DK, his voice crisp and official. They were working with another nation, which meant that operational security and professionalism were at a paramount, and his usual easy-going nature with his pilots took a back seat to impressing the neighbors. It felt strange to be working with the Galactic Alliance although he understood that it had gone down like gangbusters at Crytal Nest. It was hard to shake the labels, but it really did seem like they were both two separate groups from their predecessors, name similarities aside.

DK was himself in a transport, part of the convoy with Niance Kinniak, and it did feel awkward to be heading for a Galactic Alliance vessel. He had a hold full of refugees who were looking to start a new life and the Galactic Alliance had offered them safe harbor to do it. But to him it felt like he was a shockball player entering the other team's locker room.

"Transmitting clearance codes now," he said, hailing the GA tower. "This is First Order transport group One One Three Eight Dorn, requesting clearance to land at the designated docking bay."

Ariadne Gallaer

A
USdGAfE.png
Ariadne and Tikker took up the rear, guiding stragglers towards the docking bays where the transport was waiting. Even with all the people they had convinced to come, the transport was only at 75% capacity. As she wandered the broad tunnel serving as the marketplace for the colony, she couldn't help but feel that that was a failure. The people here were going to die because they didn't like outsiders and didn't trust them. Ariadne had been unable to convince them to leave, and because of that, they would suffer.

She stopped and put a hand to a nearby lamp post. "All right, kid?" asked Tikker.

Amethyst cheeks flushed to aubergine. "All these people are going to die," she said, gesturing broadly to the marketplace. The activity was definitely subdued but there were still a dozen stalls open -- a dozen individuals they could save if only she could convince them. "They are going to die and there's nothing we can do about it."

Tikker frowned, his tentacles twitching irritably. "Not true. You did something about it. It's on them now."

She shot him a sharp glance. "You know what I mean."

He took her shoulder and gave it a gentle push to get her moving again, taking up pace beside her. "I don't like to sound callous, but -- the people you're leaving here? To a man, they are the ones who wouldn't give you the time of day when you came through as a refugee yourself. They wouldn't have spit on you if you were on fire, isn't that the phrase?"

"Close enough," said Ariadne grimly. "What of it?"

"Why are you broken up about leaving them behind?"

She didn't know how to answer that question completely, either. Her dark gaze lingered on Tikker before she stepped forward to help an older Quarren woman who had started struggling with her bag. "Let me," she said. "You go ahead, I'll make sure it gets on board safe." She slung the bag over her shoulder, grunting slightly at the weight. The woman apparently counted a collection of bricks as essential for her new life. "I couldn't save everyone at Kesh. I don't mean everyone, like, all Keshiri. Stupid idea. I mean, my own family. My father, his wife. I barely got my sister and me out. We might well be the last of the Keshiri. I don't want you and your sons to be the last of the Quarren."

Tikker put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed. "Don't worry, Ari," he said with a sad amusement in his voice. "We breed like rats." Ariadne chuckled, and brushed a tear from her cheek, allowing Tikker to pull her into a half-hug as they walked. Gallows humor; where would they be without it? They approached the dock and Ariadne saw Vhondryl Gallaer. "Take this? I need to check in with Vhon." Tikker took the old woman's bag and took it away, and as he did she could swear she heard him ask himself whether it was full of buckles.

"Vhon," she called out softly as she approached her sister. "How are we doing?"

Resurgent Narrative

R
0a0Iq2j.png
Niance carefully guided the transport aboard the Galactic Alliance vessel. They were a lotted a short latrine break which was good enough for the pilot, she watched as people disembarked the transport. In a First Order jumpsuit, the black and red color stood out against the Galactic Alliance blue that surrounded them. "Hey," she greeted Kim Dae-Hyun with a smile, "how'd your transport go?"
Small conversation as she crossed the hangar toward the latrine. Weary guards kept a close on the pair, "should be back in the hot seat soon."
A few minutes later, Niance reemerged from the latrines and crossed back to her transport shuttle. They would make another run down to Cophrigin V and take the next batch to the First Order's ships. Some felt fear that they wouldn't get to go to Coruscant, no matter how many times it was explained that the First Order was just offering the ride. Others expressed hopefulness at going to Dosuun, climbing back into the transport. Niance began the pre-flight check, "transport shuttle, zero-four-one, black-three in command we are green on dash."
Once the clearance was given, Niance's transport departed the hangar and headed back to Cophrigin V.

Vhondryl Gallaer

V
USdGAfE.png
Vhon could hear Ari's approach, "we're good. So long as people are able to keep their cool." A rather flat tone to the otherwise fairly, upbeat Keshiri. She was tired and it showed, "gonna be a long trip back to First Order space, but hey, at least this time we'll have real food and not rations." The younger of the two quipped. She stretched her arms out and sighed a look over at her old sister and she murmured, "you uh, you doin' alright?"
In reality, Vhon wasn't sure if they truly processed everything that had happened to them. It wasn't so long ago they were having dinner with their parents. Talking about rather mundane things, school, work, romantic interests but it all ended when it became a matter of survival. She swallowed hard and took in a breath, the air here felt warmer than Kesh's. Of course, by now Kesh was a ruin, a fallout world of death where nothing good could come of it. "You can be honest," encouraged Vhon of her sister as she looked at her, "or not, y'know, up to you." The aforementioned upbeat tone slipped through accompanied by a reassuring smile.

USdGAfE.png

Tag: Eralam Eralam
Gear: Armor | Chains | Sword
Muse Soundtrack: Metallica "Of Wolf And Man"

They were a sight to be seen, of a certainty. Wasn't everyone, after all, who could claim to have ridden into battle on a metal steed with a Shard for company. For a brief moment, Varick wondered at his sanity, but a sharp, shrill scream cut through the air and brought him out his own head in no uncertain terms.
Rounding a bend in the path through the thick foliage that surrounded the cleared landing zone, they found what remained of the First Order and Galactic Alliance soldiers holding a perimeter around the civilians and the last remaining transport. They were being slowly surround by a number of menacing figures, a handful of the Bryn'adul and a pair of Sith cloaked head to toe in edgelord black.
Because of course they were. Balance forbid if they realize there were other shades on the color wheel. But that was neither here nor there, and Varick slammed on the breaks as they drew closer. With an audible snap of energy, a shimmering blue forcefield surrounded the troops and civilians alike. He leapt off the bike, his features sharper and canine teeth elongating as he strode deliberately forward, eyes blazing a brilliant blue to match the barrier he'd created.

"Eralam...would you prefer carapaces or edgelords, today?" he asked, his tone companionable in spite of his slowly shifting physique.

USdGAfE.png

By way of reply, the Shard drew and released an arrow towards one of the Bryn-whatsit. The creature clearly wasn't expecting it to do much. That was, until the Light Dart on the end triggered, burning a neat whole through the chest plate. The shaft penetrated, and durasteel barbs deployed, giving a solid anchor. He dropped the bow, grabbed lime-green fishing cable in both hands, and yanked as hard as he could. The braided nylon and carbon nanotube line was rated to haul a bantha up a mountainside, and Eralam's hydraulic "muscles" had the strength to do it. The unfortunate creature flew through the air without any discernable arc, screaming in surprise and pain the whole way, until a songsteel fist removed its head from its...shoulders? Thorax? Anthropomorphic crustacean anatomy wasn't exactly his strong suit.

"I got the shellfish. Holler if you need help with the scene kids."

Whatever the hell you wanted to call them, the Bryn weren't too enamored with the sight of one of their own being taken down so easily, To make matters worse, five more fell in rapid succession as Eralam emptied his quiver, each shot a kill shot. They charged en masse, and Eralam bellowed an electronic challenge as he went to meet them.

Out of arrows, he left the bow at the speeder, instead drawing his two favorite weapons: an antique revolver whose design was considered obsolete before the first hyperdrive was more than a fever dream, and his lightsaber. The slender argent blade, focused through the eralam-crystal from which the Iron Knight took his name, sprang to life with an almost musical ringing. It was far more focused than the traditional lightsaber, appearing as little more than a silver needle in the humid air. It was a duelist's blade, a precision implement that made the typical saber look like a cumbersome club by comparison.

Imagine the first crustacean's surprise when, instead of using it to face it in single combat, Eralam simply put a .45 caliber, 255 grain lead slug through its disgusting mouth.

Eralam had been called a study in contradictions on many an occasion. His unique blend of brute force and finesse made for an awfully disconcerting foe on the battlefield, and the Bryn were about to learn firsthand why there weren't many duelists who wanted to challenge the Iron Knights' top swordsman.

Varick Lechner Varick Lechner

USdGAfE.png

Tag: Eralam Eralam
Gear: Armor | Chains | Sword
Muse Soundtrack: Flo Rida "Low"

He had heard tell of the Iron Knights, and of Shards...but seeing one in battle with his own eyes was a sight he would not soon forget. It brought a smile to his features in spite of the fact that they were slowly, and painfully, rearranging themselves with a canid feature more in mind. Head tilted to the side, Varick kept his steps slow and deliberate, sparing a glance to see that the soldiers and civilians were safe beneath his shield, and the First Order soldiers who knew of his abilities were guiding everyone onto the transport in short order.
For his part, the Lupine warrior growled, a low, vicious warning sound sound that rumbled through the area in no uncertain terms. He was an alpha wolf and a First Order Imperial Knight of Master rank...the sound reverberated through sentient and scenery alike, unsettling the wildlife which instantly took flight around them. The Sithlings seemed unimpressed, which he had to give them credit for. So many would have had fear writ across their features already.

Both drew their lightsabers, the familiar snap-hiss bring a pair of crimson blades to life, which elicited a sigh a disappointment from the Lupine. Without giving it a second though, the two lengths of carefully woven chain from his waist were unwound in short order, and they shimmered to life with tendrils of blue energy dancing along the links. A flick of his wrists saw the chains cast forward towards the charging Sith catching their weapon hands and pulling back roughly with the enhancement of the Force. The lightsabers flew out of their hands, flickering out as they tumbled to the ground.

To their limited credit, they each called the weapons back immediately as the chains flicked away from their wrists and this time they flew forward in perfect synchronization. Did they work on this kark instead of learning to actually fight, Varick mused, waiting until the last moment to abruptly finish his transformation, leaving a massive wolf in his place, eyes still blazing blue. Darting forward to avoid their telegraphed attack, he lept up and knocked one down, turning to barely avoid the chaotic swipe of the second.

Whatever and whoever they were, it was clear that they were poorly trained and Varick had every intention of making this quick and painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom