Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's not a party until...

Now that the ceremony was over, and the honored guests were returning to their respective circles of conversation, the Jedi Padawan initially sought to continue his quest of gathering information. To this end, he continued to carefully suppress his force signature, but released the augmentation of his hearing. Instead of eavesdropping, as he had accumulated heaps of intelligence from simply overhearing the conversations of Kuati businessmen and their intentions to deal with the Sith Empire for business, he instead expanded his awareness of the presence of the Force...and what he felt made him nearly want to drop his plate. It was subtle, but there was an unmistakable presence about: the Dark Side of the Force was present on this planet, and whether it came from one or many Sith the Padawan didn't care.

That was enough motivation. He was getting off that world and delivering all the information he had overhead, as well as the revelation of the Dark Side's presence on the world, to the Republic as soon as possible. Jor'si set his tray down upon an adjacent table overflowing with food and made his way gracefully through the crowd, swiftly as he could without attracting attention. In a few moments time, he broke free of the festivities and made his way away from the manor, commendeering a speederbike along the way to hasten his trip to the starport. A job well done in his mind, now it was time to go home.

"Once or twice, unfortunately," Dissero admitted, bringing to mind the scars left behind from each encounter. Mandolorians were tough people. Alone they were skilled marksmen, quick on their feet, and rather good strategists. The problem with them was not that they made a difficult enemy to have, it was that they never arrived alone. There was always more than one.

His footsteps carried him soundlessly after Moridin through the doors and back out onto the landing pad where his own ship still sat with engines hot. Dissero eyed it dubiously. He wasn't a fan of flying - not that he wasn't any good, he just disliked space travel in general. Far too many close calls to remain comfortable, not to mention he'd just spent the better part of ten hours traveling home.

"I can follow you out in my ship, otherwise I'll gather my things." At least he wouldn't need to repack, he thought to himself as he made way for the entrance ramp, pausing long enough for Moridin's reply.

The rhythmic rapping of heels echoed deftly within the chamber where Xander sat hunched over the terminal. A soft hiss sounded as the mechanical door slid open and shut again, followed by the sweeping of material across the tiled floor. Xander needn't look up from his work -the mental brush of her presence would tell him exactly who his company was. The flame-haired woman paused just within the doorway, watching the father of her daughter with a wry amusement. Here it was, the quality of his she admired the most: his dutiful, ceaseless work ethic. Give him a problem or a challenge and it was more likely than not that he would disappear until a solution was found. It was with some luck that his tasks remained in her employ, otherwise she was certain he'd be little more than a ghost.

Red lips forming a smile under her eerie gaze of green she approached and moved to stand at the back of his chair. Both hands, delicate in appearance but masking an unsavory, brutal strength, wound down over the man's shoulders with a momentary squeeze before sliding across the lapels of his jacket and down beneath the hem, snaking their way between shirt and overcoat along his chest. Her weight settled upon his shoulders, Silencia grinned into the thick locks of dark brown, pressing her face against the side of his skull and inhaling his scent.

Was that the last stages of Project 211 going out? her voice lilted gently through his mind, swathing his thoughts with heated trails of want.

You caught me red handed. His own thought mixed with a little amusement and affection passed her mind from his, something the two had done long ago when Silencia could not speak and continued to this day. Old habits tended to die hard and this was one that probably wouldn't go away any time soon. Physically speaking was the norm but for something more... personal, intimate, telepathic communication was what they shared with one another. Coincidentally it also helped keep a level of secrecy between the two, something sorely needed given their lives.

Normally I'd be with Amore.. but she doesn't seem to be at a loss for guests. I doubt she would wish her father to follow her around everywhere. With her beautiful mother occupied, I figured I would get some work in. I made a breakthrough last night that I am sure will make you quite happy. Ever the workaholic, Xander was always finding something new to accomplish and with Kuat Drive Yards resources at his beck and call, little was out of reach. When he didn't have the technology to complete his plan, he simply invented what was needed.

Now that you are here though.. work can wait. His thoughts returned the feeling of want she had given to him as his head turned slowly to look upon her.

Moridin smiled as the boy said he had fought Mandalorians before. Of course most people had heard of Mandalorians, few had faced them in battle and lived to tell the tale. Fortunately for Moridin he had done both, he knew they were powerful opponents. Strong willed, determined, and most of all skilled. Luckily for him he usually had more skill than his opponent, the Dreadlord hoped that Dissero had as well.

“You'll be seeing them a lot more.” Moridin said with a slight smirk to the young man. Then he stepped on board the ramp and walked towards the innards of the ship, before he got too far he turned back around an looked at the man. He was eager to get started, but nothing could be taught on the transport, at least nothing that he wasn't sure Dissero already knew.

“Take your own ship.” Moridin said calmly as he turned back around and began to walk forward, then suddenly he stopped and turned his head. “We go to Byss.”

Byss was as of yet not a fully grown Sith world. It was not under control of the new Sith Empire, but once again the planet had fallen beneath Moridin heel, at least partly. His temple still remained intact, and from there The Dreadlord would let his new student in on his little plot.

Verie Lacroix

V
"I'm terribly sorry. Ohh, sorry. Pardon me. I'm so sorry."

It was, Verie Lacroix reflected, the aftermath of her injury that was the most painful experience. She had gone from being perhaps the most graceful thing on two legs to being the most clumsy, unregal person on all of Kuat. She had cut a path of destruction--well, trod-upon toes, and jostled elbows, really--until she could take no more of the painfully awkward apologies and wincing responses from her victims. She swung her legs towards the door, emerging into a colonnade and a charming walled garden; beyond some rather large shrubbery, she could hear a fountain trickling, and thought it was just the thing. She hobbled over and found the low fountain, then delicately lowered herself to sit on the edge, smoothing her dress before she leaned her crutches against them and sighed rather heavily.

Perhaps the nicest thing about this garden was that there was no one there; no one for Verie to knock over with her crutches, and no one to criticize her for it after. It had been rather a trying experience already with Avadreia. The saying was that mother knows best, but Verie had never encountered a mother that knew best about quite so much--about everything, really. It was hard to accept her mother's meddling, but one did not say 'no' to Avadreia Lacroix, at least if one wanted to survive the day relatively unscathed. She hoped rather to be free of her mother at some point, but the more she had been around after her injury, the more she wondered if that was possible. Still, these were awfully deep thoughts for a young woman's birthday party. She resolved to simply relax, leaning back on one slender arm and casting about for some last glimmer of sunlight, but to no avail. Perhaps it was for the best; had she found any, Avadreia would no doubt appear from the shrubbery and tell her to get out of the sun; she could almost hear her mother insisting that it would aggravate those terrible freckles of yours.

Verie smiled to herself and brushed her hair over her shoulders before turning her face up to the sky again. Between the few clouds, she could see the ring of shipyards that surrounded the planet. To Verie, they looked like great, heavy, inescapable chains.

Gideon Argos said:
Again, she seemed quite pensive, as if unsure of how to take what he said. He wasn't sure how he'd meant it to be conveyed, if he were honest, but things would happen as they would. Twirling the flower in his finger, smiling faintly he looks out across the bulbs swaying gently in the night time breeze that was picking up. "It would be a bit of a trip to come down here just to pick some flowers... but I could perhaps be enticed to if the company were right."

Eyes drifting across the gardens, they settle briefly on her. "Let us keep walking, I'm sure soon it will be time for the first dance of the eve."
A wistful smile gently stretched the features of her face. She wanted to offer her company any time he wished but that seemed a bit forward. Settling on a simple 'hm,' seemed well enough instead. What was she thinking anyways? She hardly knew the man... but he was just so darn interesting.

Nodding to him with a short look of surprise, Amore glanced back towards the manor over her shoulder thinking that she wouldn't mind missing the first dance if it meant being away from the crowd and all those eyes. Though the draw of her father's company was really very strong. She was of the opinion that she did not get enough of his time as it was, so missing any that might be available was quite bothersome.

"You're probably right, I'm rather awful at minding these sorts of things," taking to the path again, Amore's mind then slipped elsewhere. What if she was boring him? Grandmother's spatula, was she making a fool of herself by showing a decorated Captain a patch of blooming flowers?

What was I thinking...

"I'm sorry," she said then, trying not to look too ashamed, "I'm keeping you from supper and ... " well, surely there were things other than flower that he was likely far more interested in, "... people..." yeah, that.

Watching Moridin's ship slowly rise towards the stars, Merovign waited until the man was little more than a speck in the sky before moving off form his own ship yet again. He eyed it reproachfully and made quick work to put it, too, out of his sight. They were meeting on Byss and that was good and well, but hell if he was getting back into that ship without a proper shower, meal, and a quick visit with his family. Especially if his future had any whiff of Mando in it. That stench never did bode well.

He didn't take long to find his room and clean himself up. After a month on the fly he'd nearly forgotten what a clean suit felt like. When the Kuati nobleman stepped out into the nighttime air from a side doorway he was made immediately aware of the sensation against his freshly shaven face. Merovign paused for a moment and stood just beyond the break of the archway, wondering what it was exactly that brought him this route. Normally he would have walked directly into the thick of things, but tonight his feet decided elsewise. His steps, casual and measured, brought him around to a small side garden through a set of vine-covered stone walls. There sitting on the fountain centerpiece was a young woman whose presence brought a short smile to his face. Seemed his feet had good instincts.

Merovign approached quietly, allowing his senses to search the immediate area for others, and was pleased to find her to be here alone. Curious, of course. Her mother never seemed to be very far away, so he would make sure to take advantage of her absence.

"Are you lost, Miss?" his deep voice intoned as he approached smoothly from the far side of the fountain, "the party is inside."

Verie Lacroix

V
To say that Verie was startled would be an understatement. She started so quickly that she ended up kicking her crutches over. They clattered to the grass. She quickly stooped, rather awkwardly, to pick them up and leaned them against the fountain again before standing up straight and curtsying--not so easy with the bulky cast, but necessary nonetheless.

Was she lost? She smiled at Dissero timidly. "I do apologize if I've wandered off the reservation. I didn't see any red velvet ropes or signs so I thought it would be all right. And clearly much safer for your sister's guests if I sit out here rather than try to mingle inside. As it is I think I may have crushed a toe belonging to a Countess and I know for certain I spilled the drink of one of the members of the Kuat Drive Yards' board of directors. Mother will be furious. But it would be nothing compared to ruining the rest of your lady sister's party."

She swayed a little, putting her hand down to the fountain to maintain her balance. Please don't let me fall, she thought to herself. She couldn't bear another injury.

"What about you, m'lord? Rumor has it that you're rather a connoiseur of cake. You won't miss it, I hope."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom