Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's not a party until...

All of Kuat had shown up, and then some.

The Shamalain Estate was absolutely crawling with people; Aristocrats, Guards, Business men and women, friends, family, tall people, short people, skinny and fat people, happy people and potentially sad people that were hiding their glumness with fake smiles, oddly colored people, well-dressed people, people needing some fashion advice, people who liked to drink...uh, a lot, people who liked to eat, people who danced all night, people who mingled and chatted, people who wandered and toured, people who were invited and many, many people - of this Amore was certain - who were not.

And out of all of these people, there was not a single one named Merovign Darke Shamalain who also happened to be her half brother!

Of course, looking for him in such a crowd was really quite ridiculous. It seemed every time she happened upon a group of attendees she was stopped, chatted with, doted upon, and generally fawned over. Amore wasn't going to complain because everyone was be so nice, but this was getting absurd. There had to be an easier way.

Striding up along the cobble pathway that lead from the gardens to the walled courtyard, Amore easily spied the fiery red hair of her mother towards the center mixed in with all those adults she really did not know. The twilight hours were settling in and the torches and lanturns were being lit. Here and there the tiny flames flickered awake as the groundsmen made their rounds. The scent of the little fires mixing in with the evening's buffet feast was enough to make one's mouth water. Not this gal's mouth. She was on a mission, and that mission was to find that elusive brother of hers.

Asari Morin

A
Moridin stepped through the great double doors, instead of his usual more tribal attire the Dreadlord wore a fine suit. It was black, straight matte black and finely tailored for him. The suit looked good on him, and with his hair tied back neatly into a ponytail Moridin for once actually looked quite dapper and official. Before walking any further The Dreadlord kicked the end of his cane, he twirled it about and then grinned to himself. Then he walked calmly through the crowd, although it was perhaps more of a strut. The crowd parted for him, he nudged them subtly with his mind, pushing them aside and forming a neat little path for him to walk down.

Aaaah Lady Silencia, so good to see you again.” Moridin spoke as he approached Lady Silencia, a woman who he had met many, many years ago in between his stasis sessions. He had liked her then. She had been intelligence, wise, and above all else beautiful. The Dreadlord grinned at her with a quite charming grin. The people before him still parted, making him easy enough to hear. “It seems like an age since we last saw each other.”

The Dreadlord walked up to her after taking another few steps, ending his jaunt just before her.

Gideon Argos

G
She was correct in that all of Kuat had shown up; or rather, that anyone of passing importance had shown up. Said importance was often self-prescribed, in Gideon's brief experience, but if there was one thing Kuat society was good for, it was instilling in people that they were far more powerful than they truly were.

Still one could find that here and there were those worthy of time and attention, and one such individual - as he'd found by the number of people wishing to speak with him - was a heavily armored man covered in ceremonial trappings. Red lenses peering out from under a metal 'brim' to his helmet, a heavy intake of breath was audible and hinted at a severe respiratory problem, although it hardly seemed off putting to the group around the young Captain.

"Do you have any war stories?", asked a rather corpulent and balding fellow who looked like he'd not seen the inside of a weight room in some time. A glass of wine was clutched in a grubby, sweaty grip.

Breathing in heavily, Gideon chuckles faintly, voice only marginally distorted by the broadcaster of his helmet. "I'm afraid not truly. There was, however, a few pirate raids of dubious note." He simply shrugged. "There's little to report beyond the timely demise of some brigands; I'm not much of a storyteller. Keeping Kuat Drive Yards safe is my job, not telling stories."

It was an unacceptable answer to the obese man, but Gideon hardly noticed as he watched the lady of honor making her way with some purpose through the crowd. As he was only a few feet from Silencia, he noted Moridin's approach, although he was unfamiliar with the rather stately individual with the ponytail.

However, he'd not wished his best to Amore. Excusing himself with a half-bow, he turned and approached Amore, intent on only taking a moment of her time; after all, as she was the person of honor, she no doubt had much to see to. "My lady." He says, with another wheezy intake of breath and a shallow bow at the waist.

Admittedly.. Xander was not really one for parties or political gatherings. He'd always been a solitary person that enjoyed time alone stuffed away in his workshops, designing some new piece of technology that could be mass produced and used for the Kuat Drive Yards. If ever he had found a job he liked this was it. However what came with it was much more important. Silencia, Amorella, even Merovign, though he doubted the young man felt anything towards him but a grudging respect.

It was a proper family, almost, to keep up public appearances they had separate homes, of course. However they were both very fond of one another, they shared a daughter and Xander was always glad to visit when he could and that usually involved sharing a bed together. In public they would travel together and were generally seen as a dating couple, the truth however was they could never be described in such a simple way.

Today was a special day though, the day that his little girl would come of age. A happy and yet dreadful occasion, for a father anyway. Finishing up his work for the day, the Sith Lord cleaned himself up and got dressed for the occasion and of course prepare the gift for his daughter. There were plenty of things one could get a teenaged daughter, a speeder, a chauffer. Xander was in a position to give her anything and thus begged the question. What do you get someone that has everything?

Lucky for him he had it all figured out and planned in advance. All that was left was the drive to Silencia's estate, which took mere minutes ride in his own personal speeder that had been designed to be fast. He climbed out of the speeder and tossed the valet his keys before he made his way along the walk way to the house. His goal of course was to find the birthday girl. Alexander Stark: socialite, business man, inventor, engineer and philantropist had come to see his daughter on her special day.

"Curious," was the Lady's first response to the arrival and greeting of the dashingly-dressed man. Silencia looked Moridin over, pleased to find that he had at least dressed for the occaision and was not wearing the same robes she'd found him in some hundred or so years ago. He made quite the handsome gentleman and an appreciative tipping of her gaze and brow hinted at her thoughts on the matter. A coy sort of smirk formed on her lips but did not quite make it to her eyes which had hardened with distaste for his lackadaisical use of her name. Not that he knew what to call her, she couldn't expect him to.

"Two ages at least - yet look how well you clean up. I didn't think you had it in you," now her gaze shifted to mirth as she gracefully excused herself from the group of Aristocrats gathered around her and closed the distance between herself and Moridin. She eyed him dubiously, looking somewhere between curious and suspicious, "Did I invite you? Surely you were not on my daughter's guest list..."

With her brother on her mind Amore was not quite prepared for who...or perhaps what was the better word, had just made an approach. She stopped abruptly as the suit of armor infringed on her peripherals and turned to watch it halt at her left and offer it's greeting before sweeping into a bow. Staring, the girl took a moment to consider her response.

"Yes?" No, she thought instantly as her eyes took in the sight of the man, that's not right, "I mean...hello," and taking the seams of her light blue sundress she returned his bow with a duitiful curtsey. A smile grew on her face as she looked him over again, a bit unsure at the sound of his breathing but otherwise fully enthralled by his presence. How interesting was this man?! Clearly this was someone she needed to talk to, "are you enjoying the party? You must be terribly hot in there." Amore quickly folded her hands at her back to keep from poking at his armor. How many layers was he wearing? She guessed 3, that was probably about right.

Asari Morin

A
Moridin raised his eyebrows with a slight smile still splaying across his face. He looked at Silencia and then lifted up his cane from the ground. It was made of a heavy wood, inscribed within its side was a long winding snake like creature that towards the end moved into a mouth. On close inspection it would be easy to see the the cane was in fact made to look like a snake eating what appeared to be an egg, it was quite ornate and obviously meant to impress. He spun it around a few times, and then replied to the woman.

Well, sometimes I like to crash parties. Only when I have the time of course though.” He gave her a charming smile and regarded her as if she were an old friend, which he actually supposed she was now that he thought about it. Still he wondered what she thought about him being here, he was not really incognito like he supposed she was. Inwardly he shrugged, and waited for her response.

Ever since the attack launched upon the Republic at the hands of two Sith Lords, any information that could be accumulated about the Sith Empire became exceptionally valuable. For the young Force sensitive known as Jor'si Denko, whom had cast his lot with the Republic, gathering intelligence was not a difficult task. This was due to the amount of underground connections he had gained during his years spent on Nar Shaddaa; though he never engaged in criminal activity himself. This evening in particular saw Jor'si adopting his primary alias "Sirota": a humble, handsome, and excessively entertaining bartender who was supposedly hired for his expert services. Of course, this was merely a front in order to get the young man close to the noble family so that he might gather precious intel.

For the evening's festivities, Jor'si had opted to wear his very best in formal attire. If nothing else, his alias was going to be thorough. His outfit began with a pristine, white dress shirt with a violet tie; both of which were underneath a black vest. These were coupled with a pair of matching, pressed slacks and flawlessly shined shoes. His hair was pulled into a neat ponytail and he had groomed his stubble into a faint goatee. Needless to say, Jor'si Denko was dressed to impress...which judging from the glances he got from the ladies in the crowd, he was impressing quite a bit. The young man made absolutely certain to keep his Force Presence suppressed, as he was sure there were Sith Lords attending the party and he had no desire to lose his head.

He wandered about the crowd for a few moments, carrying a tray upon the flat of his palm like a waiter. Upon which were several glasses of shining, golden liquor: an excessively expensive brand that was often consumed during celebrations. He came to a halt beside the woman of the hour, Amorella Mae, bowing his head respectfully. He then employed a touch of his Zeltron charm, maximizing his likeability to members of the opposite sex. Though entralled in the warrior's armor, he was certain she'd acknowledge his presence now.

"Pardon m'lady, might I interest you in a beverage?" He said in the most gentlemanly, formal tone he could muster. He raised his head and offered a pristine smile, the perfect finishing touch.

Gideon Argos

G
Absently, metal fingers lifted to adjust the sash he wore, and no doubt she'd notice the KDY insignia along with a Captain's rank upon his chest. There was a hint of a chuckle at her somewhat startled response, although she managed to catch herself and correct the greeting. Being flustered was expected since, after all, this was a large party.

"It is quite enjoyable, milady.", he responds, sucking in another breath. "Hot...? No, no. This is climate controlled armor; standard issue to the Drive Yards security forces." There's another inclination of his head in deference to her. "If you've others to see to, do not let me hold you up. It would have been rude of me to not at least greet the lady of honor formally at her own celebration."

His own hands were clasped behind his back as he adopts the military stance of being at ease, although he dips his head to the man with the beverages in greeting; formalities.

Like a man on a mission he passed everyone by without much acknowledgment. Many tried to stop him to speak of one thing or another but it mattered very little to him. Normally a man would need to look, ask one of the servants. Finding one person at a party of many was no easy task. However for one that could tap into the Force it was a simple thing to find the beacon of his daughter, someone he'd known for so long. Needle in a haystack might have come to mind, but for Xander it was simple as pie.

The Force lead him to the gardens near the courtyard, some how he could have guessed but there was always a chance she could be elsewhere. He knew his daughter.. knew that she didn't have a single bad bone in her body. It was truly a wonder how she could be so good when her parents were both Sith Lords of immense power. Of course.. Xander didn't consider what he did as evil but of course there would always be someone who felt differently.

Thus the necessity for two indentites, the face everyone say in public, Alexander Stark and the other identity close to know one knew of, Darth Deimos, a Sith Lord of incredible cunning. Between those two though, he kept the name he'd recieved at birth, one he only shared with those close to him. It was exhausting at time... but necessary. It also helped that Silencia did the same, lived with two indentites: Lady Silencia, the Sith Lady and Lorelei Shamalain, a noblewoman of Kuat.

Turning a corner around one of the hedges his eyes fell on his daughter not too far away only he also spied someone she was talking to who seemed particularly overdressed... in what seemed to be armor. Fascinating to him, to say the least. Xander could have walked up to them and interrupted but he decided at first to watch for a moment, his arms clasped together behind his back as he looked on with a curious expression over his face as the Zeltron joined the two.

That one he'd keep an eye on, he knew what Zeltrons were like.

"Really? Climate controlled?" Amore's smile broadened substantially. What she wouldn't give for climate controlled garb because honestly, who has the time to sweat in a corset at formal occasions? At least today she'd convinced her mother to something a bit more casual - had she not, this party would have taken place at the Council Court right smack in the middle of the city. Black tie, white dress, and a whooooole bunch of hors d'oeurves. A garden party was much more to her liking. She suspected that the guests probably would agree.
Amore leaned closer to inspect his armor and indeed did catch sight of that very fancy metal rank and insignia, she squinted, frowned at his dismissal and then smiled with want, "Not at all, Captain." Her voice was soft and her expression was curious, "there's just so many, you see, and I suspect most of them are here for the free food...and to talk," she paused for a moment to sigh, "to my mother."

Of course her friends were here, too, but they would be here all night and she saw them quite regularly. None of them wore climate controlled armor or bore the badge of a Captain, however. Her smile turned wry and she perked a brow at the man, intent on letting fly another question before the offer of a drink cut her off. Amore turned her attention to the man and her reply of 'No thank you, I don't drink' fell short of her tongue as she took in his glowing, sparkling, beautifully handsome face.

Amore stared dolefully, "Yes," she managed with a honey-dewed smile, hand reaching idly and blindly for the proffered drink, fingers barely managing to grasp the glass. A bashful sort of laugh squeaked out instead of thank you.

Silencia gave the man a knowing smirk, willing to accept the idea that a Sith like him might crash a party just for the hell of it. Of course, ulterior motives were a constant, and if there wasn't one then she was certain he could make on up. Moridin was a bright man, though she wondered if his two-hundred-year slumber might've altered his mind a bit.

"That," she began while graciously accepting a glass of red wine from a dutiful servant, "is certainly acceptable. And the name's Lorelei, dear friend, of course you haven't forgotten." Always with appearances. She couldn't have the name Silencia being whispered about the other noble families of Kuat. Who knew what that might lead to - more Sith at her doorstep, no doubt, and she had just about enough of that.

She drank, and while she drank she surveyed the party. Her daughter was out of sight and it seemed the guest list had swelled in little under an hour. Good, at the very least the food would be gone by morning and the additional hired help would keep the mess in check. It wouldn't do to have her manor trashed what with the media buzzing about.

"Your timing is rather impeccable, actually, and I'm quite happy to see you," alive, she finished the thought to herself, sneer pulling at her lips. She stepped closer, discarding her empty wine glass before taking up his free arm with both hands at his elbow, "walk with me." The Sith Lady leaned into her friend's shoulder and motioned with a smile that was both enticing and subtly commanding, her fingers squeezing at his arm for but a moment. She wasn't asking.

As the words escaped his lips, the one to whom the heiress had devoted her attention had acknowledged Jor'si's presence with a nod of greeting. The young male did not want to appear rude, nor overly focused upon the heiress, so he formally inclined his head once more and addressed him with his flair once more. "Good evening Captain, it is quite a pleasure to see that you have come." Jor'si did not bother offering the armored man a drink, as consuming it would require the Captain to at least remove his helmet, or so Jor'si assumed, and thereby expose himself to potential weapons fire...Or something along those lines...

Nonetheless, he returned his attention back to the heiress, who had accepted his offer with a faint, bashful giggle. 'Well, I suppose she likes me.' Jor'si said to himself. He then opted to resume playing upon his charm.

"I do hope you enjoy the beverage, though I am sure your tastes are as exquisite as your radiance. Alas, I must tarry to the other guest m'lady, yet if you need anything...anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be over at the bar if you require my presence."

With that, the bait was pricked upon the hook and the line cast. Jor'si inclined his form in another formal, polite bow and then excused himself. He navigated through the crowd with the utmost grace, making sure to take great care with each step so that he appeared as some sort of handsome deity walking away. He made true upon his words and came to a halt at the bar, where he deposited the tray of beverages upon the counter and stepped behind. Every man had a particular field of battle upon which he dominated; for some it was a literal field of battle, others it was upon the political stage...for Jor'si, his true gift was behind the counter of a bar. He was in his element, and with a grace and flair unheard of on Kuat, the young man began his performance by preparing a vast myriad of drinks for the adjacent patrons.

Asari Morin

A
Moridin chuckled slightly as she told her the name of her alter-ego. He supposed he should have known that already, although truthfully he never saw the point of having an alter-ego. When he wanted something he took it, it was a simple matter for him. He knew that any threat that came at him could be handled either by his pets or by himself, why hide who he was? Moridin never saw the point, dozens of Sith in the past of course had alter-ego's, though he mused it was mostly due to the fear of discovery. The Dreadlord had no such fear.

Of course.” Moridin said with a smile as he spun his cane around more in between his fingers and began to walk through the crowd with Lady Silencia. While they took their slow deliberate steps forward Moridin mused about the relationship he had with the woman.

Nearly two centuries ago Silencia and her Daughter Quietus had stumbled upon his tomb upon his throne world of Byss. They had awoken him and his curiosity had gotten the better of him. He conversed with the two, spoken at length with both. Eventually he traveled with them. For nearly a month he stayed with them, going from world to world. It had been an interesting time, although eventually it came to an end. The Gulag plague had still been ravaging the galaxy at that time, and Moridin had not seen the opportunity he yet needed.

Finally Moridin and Silencia ended their little jaunt, stopping in a small private room just outside the main hall. The Dreadlord released himself from the other Sith Master, and smiled at her. “So, the time has come has it?”

Gideon Argos

G
"Good eve." Gideon says to the Zeltron, recognizing almost immediately that, as his opinion of the man became better, that he was likely under the man's influences. Thankfully, pheromones wouldn't work with the rebreather of his armor filtering his air. But, the bartender wasn't correct. He wouldn't remove the helmet because he mostly needed it to compensate for having a bum lung; not because he would feel threatened.

Smirking a bit at the Zeltron toying with Amore - assuredly that's what he was doing - Gideon was at least thankful she'd wanted him to stay. It meant she was, to him at least, a better hostess than most who were put off by his breathing and wished for him to leave as soon as possible. "A fine bartender...", he says honestly.

Watching the figure retreat, his attention shifts to Amore once more. "Interesting creatures, no?" He was, of course, referring to the Zeltron. One might wonder how he knew the man was Zeltron. Well, that was easy to explain. He'd met them before when several of their businessmen had stopped by the Yards; that, and his opinion of the man had become favorable only once the tender had shifted his attention to the Captain.

Riddled by these curious powers of his, Amore only smiled dreamily as he spoke to her, nodding several times though not our of any particular agreement to what he said. That was one good looking buck.... that...was...walking away? No! Don't do that!

"Wai-" her mouth drooped as he disappeared into the crowds, the heads of which every female turned to follow after him, and before she knew it he was gone and she was leaning on her tiptoes to watch him go. The Captain commented on the man and Amore nodded again, slowly descending back unto the heels of her flats as the spell began to ebb. Her cheeks were pink and her skin felt hot - she needed a drink and so lifted her glass to her lips and sipped.

And then promptly choked, gurgled, sputtered, winced, and then did finally wrangle the awful taste down her throat. Grimacing and coughing, she wiped spittle from her chin while holding the glass an arm's length and slopping it all over, "Oh my dear..." the girl wheezed, "it's awful!" Hiccuping, she fanned herself with her free hand and then caught the attention of servant nearby, promptly giving the remainder of her drink to him.

"Creatures?" oh, gosh, it was all over her hands, "what do you mean?"

Now was the time for Jor'si to begin his information accumulation. As he bedazzled a growing crowd of young ladies with his amazing bartending prowess, prompting ooohs and aaah as he flipped the bottles through the air and poured them with immense dexterity, he carefully began to augment his sense of hearing through the Force. He kept his signature woefully suppressed, so much so that, even though he was augmenting his hearing ability, he would still be undetected to even the best of perceivers. This was due in part to the fact that suppressing his signature in the Force was a skill that was drilled into him since the age of walking and he had mastered it over his twenty-two years of life.

First and foremost, he gave a shred of attention to the heiress he had left behind, managing to make eye contact with her through the crowd in the process. He went ahead and gave her a wink, as if to denote that, out of all the pretty ladies surrounding him, she was the center of his attention...of course, that was far from being the case, but he'd much rather play the role of Zeltron bartender than dead Jedi. He picked up the closing part of her reaction to the liquor and chuckled to himself, for such expensive drink was an acquired taste. Personally, if it wasn't sweet, he wasn't drinking it.

Now he turned his attention to various patrons throughout the party. He eavesdropped on weapons deals, manufacturing processes, and other things pertaining to Kuat Drive Yards. It appeared that the vast majority of the guests didn't know how to leave work at work...

Gideon Argos

G
Pulling a piece of cloth from his belt, he handed it to her for her to clean her hands with. "Here you are.", he offers, with another wheeze of his respirator. It might finally start dawning on her that he sounded... fairly young. Nowhere near as old as the labored breathing might otherwise suggest.

"Mm, creatures, yes. I'd bet he was part Zeltron. Far more to his charm than a smile and fancy words." Reaching a free hand up to touch something on the side of his helmet, the lenses covering his eyes pull back, revealing his eyes along with some of his pale skin as the band of flesh around his eyes was revealed.

The glacial blue gaze flickers amusedly to the women still swooning in the absence of the man. "There's no other way so many women could swoon over one man who, on the surface, is a simple hired hand."

"Your instincts serve you well, Captain," came the voice of the man who until then had been watching from a far and seeing just what sort of effect this man had on his daughter. Admittedly it bothered him, one Zeltron was problem enough with their incessant ability to flood the air with their pheromones and make them likeable when they were anything but. The thought of the gentlmen taking advantage of his daughter using such things was enough to make him consider... removing him. Permanently.

"Zeltron are a troublesome race.. they seldom keep their pheromones to themselves," he added in as he came to a halt next to the armored man who had been speaking with his daughter, his eyes moving from the man behind the bar but then back to his daughter. That problem aside, the Sith Lord gave his young daughter a smile. There would be a time for dealing with the Zeltron but it was not right then and there.

"So I heard that today was a very special day for a certain young lady and I simply couldn't miss the occasion," he spoke as if though he was playing with the young lady in front of him. As hard a man as he could be when not playing his part as Alexander Stark, the man would always have a soft spot for his daughter.

Tanis Val'dorn

Servant of Shadows
"Yes, very troublesome indeed..." Tanis mused to himself while sipping on a drink. He had been watching, and waiting. As Apprentice to the Dreadlord, he certainly would be there; whether he would be seen or not, well thats a different story. He had admittedly tried to dress for the occasion, his flowing black hair falling lithely over his shoulder. He had chosen to wear his formal robes, black with silver trim; he felt rather dashing himself. He was armed, but not so that anyone could tell.

Pondering around the general area, Tanis made his way around the crowd; scanning. Every once in a while, Tanis' gaze would drift over to the young noble girl that the Jedi had tried seducing with his sickeningly unnatural charm. "He would have to try to sink his teeth into the most attractive one here." he chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom