Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate ILUMinati | Ilum Aftermath Thread | GA Populate of Lahag Erli

pZnNJRt.png

Equipment: Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Weighted Training Robes, Concealed Sling Bag
Ship: Serendipity, with V-2 Minimech 'Skid' Aboard
Objective: 1 - Coming Together
Tags: Open
obj1_test.jpg

She watched in silence, a storm head beginning to form as she rubbed her hands together. The cold was creeping in already and made her entire body ache.

One of the technicians approached her, giving her the warning about the impending storm.

She weighed her options. The time it would take to close up and reach orbit, the storm would have been pulling her back down. If she stayed, she'd have to find a warm spot, and deal with whoever was inside.

Pulling up the cloak a bit tighter, she left the ship in the care of the technicians and ventured inside of the temple rather than brave the storm. Her scurrying half steps across what was considered a path bringing her just inside the temple entrance as she patted herself down and found the Sling bag beneath her robes.

Cupping her hands again, she blew into them a touch of warm air to stave off the creeping cold. Turning to watch the storm roll in.

Alliance_Holo.png

HOLO MESSAGE FOR: Vice-Chancellor Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce , Galactic Alliance Senate
SENDER: Colonel Ava Cartwright-Pryce, Corellian Defense Force
AUTHENTICATION: Military ID# 296702EBZ
Encryption: Yes

e5cSjzW.png

Ava took a deep breath to calm her nerves, then squared her shoulders and activated the hologram recording - which would show the golden blonde in a CDF officer's uniform looking all-business yet her steel blue eyes showed anxiety only a mother would have.

Start of Transmission

"Dracken... I will keep this short, but I've been trying to get ahold of you. Your new aide just says you are out of the office and unavailable. Do they even know I'm your wife or more so you're married? Happily?! I think they thought I was some scammer to be truthful. Anyways, I am very worried about our son. I know that Gabriel went on a training mission with some other padawans to Ilum. I wouldn't be so concerned, but Gabriella came to me in the middle of last night very upset stating that she sensed her twin was in terrible distress. It was almost viseral to her. And now sitreps are coming in of an Imperial attack on Allliance assets in the Unknown Regions. I don't want to derail your business at hand, but please... find out if Gabe is okay and report back to me ASAP. My mother's instinct says no and I'm never wrong. May the Force be with you always as my love."

End of Transmission

The Ralltiiri let out a heavy sigh, then she went back to work putting together another simulation run for her cadet pilots at the flight academy on Corellia. Work was the only thing at the moment that helped to keep her mind from thinking the worst.

It was one thing to worry about your husband's well-being, which Ava did quite a lot when Dracken was Admiral of the 3rd Sector Fleet. But your child's?! It was unimaginable torture not knowing one way or the other if Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce was alive, hurt, or dead so far away. It was a parents' biggest dread when allowing their precious flesh and blood to go out into the galaxy on their own. But even more so hoping it was the right thing to say yes to in the first place.

Time would only tell though. All Ava could do now was pray that the Force was with Gabriel and him with it. And, that her delinquent husband would return his endearing wife's calls. Okay, that was low, but she was PMSing.

Last edited:
Seku buried her face in Alex's shoulder, fighting back her tears as he held her tightly.

"I swear, if I ever get ahold of Venge...."

"Don't even go there," Alex interjected. "She'd kill you in a heartbeat and not even blink. And then where would I find another Rutian Twi'lek who can put up with me the way you do, hmm?"

"Don't you mean, where would you find one who can punch you out, and put you in your place the way I do," Seku replied, looking into Alex's eyes with a playful smirk.

"Where'd you ever learn to throw a punch like that, anyhow?"

"When you're the youngest of six, you learn how to stand up for yourself pretty quickly."

"Ah, sibling rivalry. Strange, you've never mentioned having a family before."

"You never asked."

"True enough."

All at once, the wind began to pick up, blowing hard enough to make Alex begin to shiver.

"We should probably head inside," he said. "Feels like there's a storm rolling in."

"My presence won't be an issue here will it," Seku asked, as they made their way towards the Temple.

"I have a feeling they'll be more accepting of your presence as an SIA operative than they will of my presence as a rogue Jedi." Alex answered.

--------------------------

Tags- open

AllianceDiscordIcon.png

Ilum_5.jpeg

Lieutenant Sara 'Meteor' Roche
GADF Marines, 222nd Nova Corps, 121st (Augmented) Battalion, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon Battalion Reserve

Objective: Debrief
Equipment: REC/STA-02 Advanced Shocktrooper Armour, REC-RCG/01 "Reaper" Particle Beam Chainblaster w/ grenade launcher, REC-DC/04 "Feverwasp" Particle Blaster Pistol, C-11 "Nastirci" Combat Knife, REC-VC/01 Tactical Visor; Infantry Model

-

FILEEDITNOTESEXIT
[pg 2/3]
disarrayed Imperial forces swept by debris crash [ATTACHED FILE].

Operation time: H+2 M+30
3rd Coy. made headway in small-unit actions into second trench line. Approximately H+2:M+35 enemy sabotage of battlefield resulted in stoppage of unit mobility, taking cover in-place.

Operation time: H+3 M+10
Recovery operations commenced. Enemy formation retreated from battlefield, leaving possible intel sources on the battlefield

"How are you holding up?"

Sara looked up from the report to see the company commander limping over to her. She got off the crate she had been sitting on and saluted him.

"Better than others, sir. Wish it hadn't ended up the way it did."

The captain nodded gravely, one eye covered by bandages.

"That can be said of many things about this battle... Casualty reports for your platoon are ready. The company is assembled by area H-16." He nodded and limped away.

"Oh yeah, that Imp you captured and handed over to the medics? A wash. Just a grunt. No actionable intel, I think. But either way, good work."

Sara moved to follow the captain to H-16 but stopped for a moment. For reasons unknown to her, she decided to take a detour.

EARLIER

ilumobj1logo.png

Lieutenant Sara 'Meteor' Roche
GADF Marines, 222nd Nova Corps, 121st (Augmented) Battalion, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon

Location: EASTERN KYBER MOUNTAINS - PASS OF THE PALADINS, Ilum
Objective: Break the Imperial line KILL
Equipment: REC/STA-02 Advanced Shocktrooper Armour, REC-RCG/01 "Reaper" Particle Beam Chainblaster w/ grenade launcher, REC-DC/04 "Feverwasp" Particle Blaster Pistol, C-11 "Nastirci" Combat Knife, REC-VC/01 Tactical Visor; Infantry Model
ENGAGING: FN-999 Sid Berik Sid Berik

4Mr5E7n.png

Two massive explosions shook the pass as several thousand gallons of highly flammable fuel ignited. On both sides of the pass, the mountains rumbled, violently buckling under the force of the explosions and following shockwaves. With an ear-deafening rumble, a massive sheet of packed snow and ice descended from the Eastern Kyber Mountains into the pass from the right, while a landslide of rocks descended from the more thawed peaks to the left. Combined, they met up to form a steep hill of unstable rock and ice nearly ten meters tall between the Alliance and Imperial forces.

Once the rocks began to settle, the great retreat began.
The deafening explosion shook the pair of soldiers from their duel. The mountains seemed to be moving from the explosion, as if it were shrugging off a blanket. Large sheets of packed snow fell and crumbled and toppled into the valley, even as her comms sounded with warnings of retreat.

Neither she nor Sid Berik Sid Berik could risk making a run for it with the enemy so close, so Sara activated emergency protocols in her armour to seal her into her suit and turn off all functions but life support, all the while, lifting up discarded debris pieces to make a makeshift pocket of air around her as the snow crashed down, an irresistable torrent that smothered the battlefield. It was like being battered by a giant; unimaginably powerful blows of rock and ice crashing into her makeshift shelter, pounding on it, until even the sound was muffled by the layer of snow that lay across the field.

Sara waited in her pocket of air, armour slowly shutting down to conserve energy, emergency beacon transmitting her location; a call for help, if any was to come. The dread and fear began to mount as the minutes ticked by, a cold, silent dark her only companion.

4Mr5E7n.png
It was half an hour before her armour's sensors picked something up.

It was not from the surface, unfortunately. But it was another emergency beacon. It did not line up with any of the Alliance units in the formation, which likely meant it as one of the enemy.

Sara considered just waiting. If the Alliance came, she did not think they would want to waste resources on an enemy. If the Imperials came...

Another signal: Alliance engineers. This one from the surface. It was not long before her beacon was detected and the engineer corps melted their way through the ice. She could see the snow began to melt from her makeshift shelter, the daylight growing brighter as the thick snow melted away until the blue sky shone through, and the wind began to howl into the thin opening in the snow. A mechanical claw reached in and Sara grabbed hold as it yanked her out.

Dumping her out onto a hard surface, she regained her bearings. All around, the battlefield was unrecognisable. No sign of the trenches and dug earth nor the wet soil of the battlefield, only a layer of blinding white snow and rocks peppered throughout. Dozens of retrieval teams swarmed the area, all with the colours of the Alliance.

Medics attended to her armour, unlocking it and checking her vitals. Miraculously, she was all-clear.

"Ma'am, did you detect any other readings while trapped in the snow?" the engineer sergeant asked her when he dismounted from his retrieval vehicle.

For reasons unknown to her, she nodded and pointed in the rough direction of the signal.

The medics were too busy to salute Sara when she entered the medical tent. As she entered through its flaps, someone else exited; SIA, she knew immediately from her composure and movements. The Intel officer disappeared back into the busy crowds of the base.

Sara saw the Imperial trooper she had almost killed/been killed by. She was still unnerved to see how young he was, younger than even her. His face was scarred and slightly swollen from the cold that leaked into his suit, but appeared otherwise fine.

Why was she here? She wasn't really sure. The anger still burned inside her. This man lived while so many died... and yet could she really pass judgement on him? The Lieutenant sorely wanted to.

ilumbanner.png

4Mr5E7n.png

“The Bendu.” Osarla heard herself speak, distantly, as though it were a recording of herself. But it was something to say, something her gut and heart initiated before her head could fire the synapses to her teeth and keep them shut.

"Should I have told him no?"

When he turned to face her, she realized the error in her address. This might have been the Vice Chancellor of The Alliance and the father of her Padawan, but worse, he was her friend.

The friend she’d stood by through in sickness– mourning men and women lost, fatalities reported, worlds sundered — and health — celebrations of varying sizes for his graduation, his promotions, his first date with Ava, their engagement, their wedding, their pregnancy, the birth of the twins, birthdays, more promotions. The friend who was looking for a friend now, not a general. Not a Jedi Master.

The Vice Chancellor’s face, her friend's face, was emphasized by years of stress at the corner of his eyes and mouth, like her own. The depth of their experience was forever etched in their expressions — but this time, his hurt was deeper than she’d seen before. It reached his eyes, and made his voice thinner than she’d heard in a long time as though the depth of the pain had twisted its way deep within and unsettled the sturdiest of foundations to make resolve a fragile thing.

Osarla’s tenuously held façade of professionalism slipped away to the tenderness that swelled at the base of her throat. The slope of her brows affected her markings, steepling them up to the lines in her forehead.

“It wouldn’t have mattered if you did.” she ventured and felt an involuntary chuckle tickle her cheeks. It clawed its sound out from her chest and the back of her throat. It lasted only two beats, but it was enough to reflect on the tenacious sense of adventure of the boy in the tank. The husk of the bright-eyed Gabe they knew and loved.

She forced herself to look at the silhouette within the blue-green glow of the tank, lingered, and re-emphasized the humanity that brewed deep inside.

Even as a baby in diapers, he’d looked more capable than he did now. Limply floating there.

“I’m so sorry, Drack.” Osarla’s voice croaked as the words eked out.

Sorry was a poor word. Only two syllables to articulate the gravity of the reality the Pryce family and herself knew deep down. Yes, she was sorry because he was her responsibility, but she was sorrier that Dracken had to see his son like this and know it wouldn’t be the last time. Know that whatever he did, whatever he said, whatever Osarla did, Gabriel was a Pryce. He was the sense of adventure born from two rebellious, loyal, unshakeable hearts.

Silent and sorry, Osarla moved to wrap her arms around her dearest friend and provide that unshakeable heart something to cling to in its rare moment of shakiness.

obj1_test.jpg

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm and Helmet, and quite ruined)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana found her circumstance quite rough, even with Alliance reinforcements on the planet of Ilum, she only allowed herself to relax fully when she sat in the speeder. She closed her eyes, but it was a close thing that she hadn’t fallen into unconsciousness, her body would regularly send pain signals whenever the speeder shifted or when a strong gust of wind shook the vehicle. Ariana sighed when the speeder finally stopped at the Temple, her legs ached as she got off and walked into the Medbay area of the Temple. Of course I only got comfortable when we finally got here.

As she walked along the hallways to reach the Medbay, it was evident that the Jedi Order were fully committed to keep Ilum away from the hands of the Imperials. Several Jedis were helping others and Alliance Soldiers dropping off gear, whatever happened in the caverns didn’t end the overall war that had been ignited. A familiar face did catch Ariana, her Master Arenais, but she only offered a quick telepathic message to him that she was heading off to the Medbay, on her own strength and two feet. I can manage that at least. She figured that her Master wouldn't be too worried if she could still walk around. . . just not for long.

It was a folly to assume the Medbay was empty, the battle with the Imperial Order had left many Jedi worse for wear. And I see a few Padawans as well. . . .Ariana winced, another painful message being sent from her feet as she walked over to the nearest bed. She kicked up her legs over the railing of the bed and relaxed fully on the somewhat comfy mattress and less than suitable thread-count sheet. Never stand when you can sit, and never sit when you lay-down and never lay-down when you can sleep as my Father once told me. . . . Ariana wanted to laugh if it wouldn’t run the risk of sending in a spasm of pain throughout her body.

A voice broke her train of thought through memory lane, the other Padawan was expressing her gratitude for Ariana’s assistance with the fight in the caverns. “We’re Jedi, we help one another, so no need to thank me.” Ariana explained, a smile tugging the corners of her lips on her tired face.

“-And you’re pretty good, I’m sure if neither of us had each other we’d wouldn’t be here. . . . though I wouldn’t mind being a bit better to help out more.” Ariana added, turning her head to face the ceiling once again. Not noticing the other's distant stare to the bacta tanks.

“Oh. . .nothing,” Ariana responded when asked to repeat herself; clearly both were too tired for even a short conversation. “-By the way-” Ariana thought she could hold off on sleep for a few more minutes. Maybe she just has a lot on her mind like me. “My name is Ariana, Ariana Du Couteau.” She finally introduced herself to the other Padawan as she sat up on her bed. She bowed with her left arm crossed over her chest in her sitting form, a bit unorthodox, but she wasn’t back on Teta surrounded by other judging Nobles. Though she did feel a bit embarrassed for waiting so long to ask for the other's name.

“What’s your name?”

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Ilum Temple
Tag | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Open

While she looked him in the eyes, Valery could feel the emotional shifts within him. The anger, but also his focus on controlling it so he could present himself as calmly as possible. It reminded her of her own worst times, when she had lost her own Padawans — her struggles had been very similar, and that pain always lingered deep inside.

"I do not know yet, but our intelligence to predict these moves has failed, and I wasn't able to see it either," she admitted with a frown. Leading up to the invasion, she had felt a disturbance, but not one she had been able to decipher. The group of Padawans who were working on it was sent too late. Whether this move of the Empire could have been prevented or not remained to be seen, but she began to wonder if her new role was taking her away from Ilum too much, in favor of fighting at the front.

"But I did not let them take our Padawans, Master Greystar," Valery said with a little bit more fire in her eyes. She was incredibly protective of all Padawans, so a comment like that stung, even though she knew he was a lot more emotionally driven. "Your Padawan is the only reported one missing, and I'm so sorry, both for you and her. But we can't draw conclusions too fast that escalate problems even more."

"The Mandalorians in my time were different, and not in a good way. The Mandalorian Wars were still perceived as fresh, so their hatred for Jedi ran far deeper. The Enclave, however, has been an ally, and even if it's an alliance that isn't always the strongest, we can't afford to start more wars."
she said before she drew in a soft breath.

"Many of their kind work alone as mercenaries or bounty hunters, and it's highly possible that she was taken by one. It's incredibly unlikely, however, that the Enclave would risk conflict with us by abducting our students." She paused a moment and looked at him, her features softening into a more comforting exterior.

"I'll do whatever I can to help bring your Padawan back." Even if she had to go into the Empire herself to get her back. Valery had sworn an oath to protect her fellow Jedi, and she'd always honor it.

ValSword.png

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
obj1_test.jpg

“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” - Ernest Hemingway

So as he was reciting in his head, the biopic he had to write about this grumpy Jedi Master in front of him, Caltin did indeed notice the diminutive Mandalorian slide up to his side. He paid no mind to it as had worked with several Mandalorians during his time, arning his and their respect. Heck even considered some to be good friends, what was their word for it again? “Vod”? Either way her comparison of him to a Wookiee spurred the memory of him and that “Damned Duro”. Now it all made sense. Especially since she was one of the ones who fought alongside them. He did not see her, so something else must have happened.

Pirusti met, burc'ya. Bic looks guuror gar cuyir solus be those at whom Ni ru'kir thank par getting cuun butts dayn be ibac mess. Cuy' Ni staabi?(Well met, friend. It looks like you are one of those to whom I should thank for getting our butts out of that mess. Am I right?)

He eyed the warrior, hoping his “Mando’a” that he had picked up was not pranked on him, or just terrible. Either way, the big man was cursing himself for feeling like an idiot but even moreso hoping he wasn't being one.

TAGS: Open

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Last edited:
obj1_test.jpg

Objective: Deliver Enclave's message, eat and rest
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor l Open

Minerva's eyes became wide as saucers and her jaw dropped when Catlin spoke Mando'a. While her expression was concealed, the huge Jedi would certainly sense her utter shock. For a few moments she was speechless before clearing her throat.

"Gar jorhaa'ir joha pirusti par aruetii. Ba'hak par gar d'adyun mhi liser jorhaa'ir cavas a'lyayao, nayc ne'waadas at brimra kak." (You speak the language well for an outsider. Though for your sake we can speak basic instead, no need to strain yourself.)

Pausing for a moment the young warrior continued in basic to answer the question.

"As a matter of fact we did. Of course I was already on the shuttle but saw your friend(Caedyn Arenais) and some of my vod dragged you onboard."

A quick chuckle escaped before raising her hand.

"Sorry I just remembered my fellow warriors afterwards claimed ya weigh as much as a ton of beskar, but in all seriousness glad that we were of help. What‘s your name Jedi?"

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
obj1_test.jpg

He gave the slightest nod in greeting to the new arrival in response, proffering out the tray, allowing her to pour her own cup. He wasn't sure if she was a milk and sugar woman or if she liked it plain with a drop of lemon. He distinctly recalled meeting someone once who enjoyed theirs with a pinch of Cinnamon of all things.

Once the datapad was signed, the invoice was sent off, the pad itself slipped back into the voluminous pockets of his robes. "Padawans are being taken care of, but I'll do another sweep to see if they need anything." He said, giving Amani a nod in acknowledgement before he found his attention drawn back to Zoraya.

Working in the mines huh? Unless the Alliance was up to something fishy without the Jedi knowing, it was pretty obvious how these two met now. Ilum did not have mines until a while ago. It had caves and various old remnants of former Imperial stations from centuries past. "Mines huh." He said, free hand now moving to bring his own cup to his lips so he could sip at his own tea, an exaggerated draught that took far longer than it should have as he turned fully to look at Amani.

"So she helped with the Padawans?" He asked, raising a brow slightly, looking for confirmation from Amani. The jig was up with that little slip. But hell, Aaran wasn't one to stress over the fine details on things like 'treason' and 'consorting with the enemy'. Those were concepts that mattered to people who didn't just disregard the law the moment they considered said law unjust.

"Plan on hanging around long?" He queried, not taking his gaze off Amani, as if waiting for some kind of explanation. Or just simple acknowledgement that she'd take responsibility for this stray.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres

obj1_test.jpg

“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” - Ernest Hemingway

Okay, he was not an idiot. In fact he seemed to get it all correct. So what he picked up on was pretty good after all. Well, that was a confidence builder, not like Caltin’s massive ego needed any more confidence.

Dude… shut up!

YOU DO have one! Oh well, moving on. The Mandalorian confirmed he was being carried. Which means more people deserved his thanks. It was a blow to think that he had to be tended to when so many others may have needed their help more. A childish feeling, but an altruistic on. It’s funny, a man with his ego being humbled so easily.

I DO NOT HAVE AN EGO!

Dude, you wouldn’t have been around this long if you didn’t. Anyway, as he seemed to think less and less about Master Caeden, the big man finally realized that she asked him his name,

Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor.The marking on that wall (he said pointing to the spot which had markings of Jedi who had committed the pilgrimage to get a crystal and his “Wookiee Tribal” tattoo design… long story for another time being said mark) is mine,

He left out that is was over eight hundred eighty years old. She was freaked out enough for the day.

Yours?
TAGS: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Objective I: Coming Together
Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
obj1_test.jpg

They were all stuck staring at each other for a few long moments. Master Tafo wasn’t an idiot, and he seemed to pick up on what that all really meant quick enough. Still none of them bothered to say it directly, but when he turned to Amani, she stood a little taller, and more resolute.

“Wouldn’t have been able to find them otherwise.” The mirialan swallowed, and nodded, “We’d have a lot more dead if not for her.” For as tense as it felt, she had no qualms about how things went down. Several padawans were able to be found thanks to Zoraya giving her access to the surveillance system, and many of them had severe injuries that needed quick attention. There was no telling what might have happened if they hadn’t been found sooner. Not to mention, Zoraya was now one more soul freed from the Imperial mindset, as far as she was concerned.

His other question earned no follow up from Amani, and she simply turned her own gaze over to the former Imperial.

Objective 1: Coming Together
Amani Serys Amani Serys | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Open

obj1_test.jpg

Zoraya distracted herself momentarily by pouring herself a cup of tea, complete with sugar and milk, finding the hospitality unusual. She allowed Amani to take the lead in the meantime. Outright lying was easy but trying to skilfully conceal the truth was not as simple. Assuming that the other Jedi knew the Master that was confronting them, she trusted that she would be able to handle the situation.

She gave a slow, hesitant nod in answer to his question, aware that she may have just been caught out, but she said nothing and took an awkward sip of tea instead. He seemed more interested in interrogating the other Jedi anyway.

Her gaze shifted to Amani as she explained her role in the rescue and a sad smile formed on her lips. She was glad to have helped but she couldn't help but feel like there was more she could have done. She was with the ISB and had known about the mining operations but it wasn't until it was too late that she took any action.

Lowering the cup, she responded to the Master on account of Amani's prompting. "No, sir. Just... came to see if any help was needed." She replied, politely. While she didn't answer to him like her own officers, she could respect his superiority in the given situation.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
obj1_test.jpg

“We’d have a lot more dead if not for her.”

Now that got a reaction from him, a slow smile spreading across his features, the slight tension draining from his frame as things were made clear. Amani was not being held hostage through some kind of bomb threat, not an awkard meeting with an ex. Just someone deciding to overcome tribalism and do what they thought was right.

"Then you have my gratitude as well." He said, turning back to Zoraya and nodding once. Before his head tilted to the side, considering just how to move forward. Technically as it was, in terms of authority Amani might have an edge over him. What with her formal position as Chief Healer. He had seniority and rank, but she held a position.

Ultimately what to do might end up being her call. Jedi were allowed to make judgement calls in the field for things like this. It only made sense to allow leeway to those who would quite literally go insane if they could not listen to their conscience.

"Well if you feel like sticking around. I'm sure Amani can find something for you to do."

Oh it was that then? He was formally washing his hands of the matter and leaving the former Spy's fate ultimately up to the Medic.

"Of course, we do owe you a debt. And such things are rarely forgotten." He gave another formal power to Zoraya, and then gave Amani a polite bow.

"I'll leave you two be. Call me if you need anything Doc."

Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres Amani Serys Amani Serys

Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open
The Padawan was resting her head when she not just heard, but also felt Silas’ arrival. It was something new that Kara had started to notice. With everything that had happened on Ilum, it seemed her connection to the Force had opened up more. She could sense the presence of others through it, all of them. It took her a while to try and focus it down, so they weren’t ever constant.

A vast majority of them were faint, unrecognisable.

But there were others that she could more easily pick up on. Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce and Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo to name a few that were present somewhere in the temple. It was something that she’d need to discuss with Valery, whenever they were able to talk next.

Silas’ was probably the most prominent in her mind, something she assumed was due to their fighting together. Hearing the footsteps get closer, Kara opened her eyes and looked over as he approached, smiling back.

And I’m glad to see you’re doing well too, Silas.” Though he was sporting quite the awful bruise on his face. Yeah, Kara was definitely relieved she hadn’t been on the receiving end of those punches. “I’m doing alright yeah, fortunately I was dunked into a bacta tank early enough.” She hummed quietly in agreement, they were very fortunate indeed to get out of that situation with their lives.

Kara’s gaze shifted past Silas' shoulder as she sensed Jasper’s arrival. She flashed him a smile and a little wave.

It’s good to see you’re in one piece too Jasper.” Kara noticed her fellow blonde Padawan was unharmed, at least visually speaking anyway. “Looks like you were one of the lucky ones.

Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
obj1_test.jpg

The concern seemed to fade away quickly. Amani hadn't been completely sure what to prepare for, but when Aaran offered his own thanks, she cracked a soft smile. His approval was enough to make her feel more comfortable with the choice, knowing that she wasn't completely alone in defending Zoraya. Jedi were often champions of redemption, but you never know what some might deem too far. As he turned to leave, Amani offered him a slight bow in turn, "Thank you, Master Tafo."

Once he had left them alone, Her focus then once again settled on Zoraya, "So… what do you really plan on doing now?" She gestured towards the exit of the hall, finally offering them the chance to talk elsewhere if she wanted.

obj1_test.jpg

Objective: Deliver the Enclave's message, eat and rest
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor l Open

Minerva couldn't believe her good fortune. Another Jedi master. Well that saves her a lot of time. Further thoughts on this discovery were diverted as Catlin gestured to the wall. The young Mandalorian couldn't help but be fascinated at the marking she now saw.

A Wookiee symbol, I don't recognize the specific tribe but the pattern is familiar. Father and I had known some Wookiees both as friends and foes. Mostly the former thankfully. For this Jedi to use this kind of mark suggests he has good relations for those great people.

When Caltin asked for her name in name she paused thinking. He already forgot but I'll let it slip since he is still recovering from combat.

Looking back at him Minerva proceeded to remove the helmet, revealing her face at last. With a nod she smiled respectfully.

"My name is Minerva Fhirdiad, adopted daughter of Jorel Merrik."

Of course she didn't expect him nor most people in the galaxy to be aware of her father's name. He was, after all, an unknown mercenary among countless more. Nevertheless, Minerva whenever possible made it a point to let others know of it as a tribute to the man who raised her to be an honorable warrior. Inwardly her heart ached, missing her father terribly but she suppressed it from being expressed on her face. Moments later her expression became more serious as she next said.

"The main reason why I came to your temple Caltin is to deliver a message from the Enclave."

Once she had his full attention Minerva went on.

"We fulfilled the pledge on this occasion and will continue to do so when possible and as long as the Alliance and your Order honors it as well. I humbly request that you pass that message to your fellow masters when you get the opportunity."

Attaching the helmet to the left side of her belt Minerva then smirked as her stomach protested, demanding something to eat.

"Pardon me but I must take my leave and go find something to eat here. It was an honor to meet you again Caltin of the Jedi.”

With another respectful nod she proceeded further into the hall now on her quest for a meal.

Last edited:
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Maybe it was his "old school" mentality. Maybe it was a matter of respect, like he showed the Mandalorian. Maybe it was his mass

DON'T SAY IT!

It always seemed to irk the big man when someone referred to him by his first name who was not a colleague or a friend. It was not a big deal and would not cause any issues, like ever, but it was an annoyance to the point where it even annoyed him. He knew that he had no reason to be bothered by this. Then she took her helmet off and told him of her father.

Your father was a good man.

Nope, he didn't know her father. She said he was "adoptive" and that takes a special kind of "good" so why wouldn't the big man say that.

Um, alright.

So he was a messenger now? Great. Caltin Vanagor, the Silver Jedi Council/New Jedi Order Messenger boy! Great.

Shut up.
tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Sanctuary Island

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Open

obj1_test.jpg

Whatever reaction she had been expecting from the Jedi Master was not the one she received. She watched his expression change, leaving her almost at a loss for words. "Oh, er... thank you." She replied, unsure how to receive his comment. It wasn't often she heard such words, no less from a Jedi Master.

He did not seem so easily fooled so she didn't understand why he hadn't called them out for concealing the full truth. Were the Jedi really this forgiving? Their encounter would leave her with a lot to ponder.

"No, no you don't owe me anything. It was... the right thing to do."
She couldn't believe she was saying such words. She had spent her whole time with the Empire washing herself of any responsibility for her actions, minimising them to orders from higher up that she need not concern herself with the morality of. Now she was facing the consequences of making her own choice, both good and bad.

She offered a smile to the departing Jedi before turning her attention back to Amani.

"Well, you told me not to lie so I really am here to help, if you need me." She replied. "I mean, I'll be busy hiding from the ISB at 6 but I'm free until then." She joked in a deadpan manner whilst casting a glance at her wrist where there was no watch.

As he and Seku made their way into the Temple, Alex immediately picked up on the overall somber feeling from everyone inside.

"We took a beating here," he said at last. "How many of us are actually left?"

"I really can't say," Seku answered. "We're still tallying the numbers from the after action reports."

"How did this happen? How is it even possible that nobody saw this coming," Alex demanded.

"I don't have an answer for that, Love," Seku replied. "I'm sorry."

"Forgive me, Harani," Alex said with a long sigh. "I'm letting my frustration get the better of me."

"Well, you've come to the right place to find your center and your focus," Seku said, gazing at the impressive architecture of the Temple's interior. "Do you actually know anyone here, by chance?"

"Can't say that I do, honestly," Alex answered, shaking his head. "I've been out of the loop for too long. I don't even feel like I belong here..."

"I remember reading something a Jedi Master named Yoda once told his pupils centuries ago that could be applied to your situation, Alex...Every instant, the universe starts over. Choose: And start again," Seku said.

"Well, look who just got all deep and philosophical," Alex chuckled.

"There's something else Master Yoda once said that you should hear too," Seku said.

"Do tell."

"Not a pile of permacrete home is. Not a palace or hut, ship or shack. Wherever a Jedi is, there must the Force be, too. Wherever we are, is home."

-------------------------
Tags- Open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom