Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate ILUMinati | Ilum Aftermath Thread | GA Populate of Lahag Erli

Obj 2,
The Hallowed Scar

Doonium.

No mistaking it.

Months ago… or was it a year now? A year and some when he hit a smuggling shipment of doonium back on Denon. Hard not to remember — docks were swarming with mercs, half of which carried extensive records of Imperial service in the Third Imperial Civil War. Tough cookies to crack, especially when in numbers.

Now the smuggling of starship materials wasn’t really Nightshrike’s top priority but the streets were talking it up as a spice shipment. Odd, right? Things became much clearer when the news on the markets broke out. The Imps had been buying off swathes of starship mats, including doonium, while also cutting on the exports to the Core. The shortage had hiked the prices up to the stars and the capitals started leaning on contraband to make ends meet.

But this debris could be anything — chunk of a blasted vessel, most likely. Maybe. Dagon had no idea if the Alliance or Imperial navies used the material in the construction of their fleets. He had to find out. Which meant most definitely asking the Alliance questions. He could feel reluctance at the mere thought. Nearly abandoning the whole piece of evidence in the process. The government wasn’t an entity the investigator trusted and he’d never been shy to say so.

Still not a lot of informers out there that had detailed naval intelligence reports at hand. The SIA came as fast as it went through his mind. Spooks, like the soldiers called them, had already been infiltrated by a Sith; let alone an Imperial, especially given the ISB’s rep. No chance. So that left either the military or Auteme. Or both.

The Jedi frowned at the distant noise of a speeder bike fast approaching. He looked at his holo — 23 minutes. Couldn’t be anyone in the temple on his tra— ah, the familiar brush at the back of his head answered all mysteries.

Corin.

His voice was as sour as Dagon’s mood. The Knight caught the stim with his hand and settled it inside his jacket.

The plan is for you go back to the temple and rest.” he plainly said, mind focused on the investigation to keep the pain numb meant dulling his emotional side too.

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

BYOO

While R5 directed PK and the Asps in offloading the bacta and foodstuffs, Arkyn bundled up against the cold, revved up her handcrafted speeder bike, the Zephyr, and ventured into the wilds of Ilum, guided by her instincts like a tug behind her navel.

The Zephyr zoomed across icy dunes and snowy valleys, it's powerful engines echoing through the landscape. Save for the blaring engine and the occasional cry of distant fauna, the rolling fields were possessed of a heavy, almost somber silence. Arkyn’s scanners pinged a few bogeys in the distance, some manner of large and probably vicious creatures, but there was nothing near enough to cause her worry.

Not yet, anyway.

There was only the cold misting her breath, the wind biting through the furred cuff of her hood, and the gloomy silence of the wilds.

The snowdrifts were littered with debris from the battle. Bits and pieces from walkers, gunships- even what looked like a massive drill head, melted into a strange, vaguely recognizable shape. A younger, poorer Arkyn would've spent days scavenging the debris for parts to scrap. Times were simpler back then; no less dangerous though.

Her instincts guided her to a mine about halfway up the southern face of a wide, squat mountain that hunkered over a frozen lake. As she neared the mouth of the mine, she heard a sound that was not a sound, a music wrought of wind and whispers. It was coming from the cave.

Here, the music whispered. Here lies what you seek.

Freaked out by the heavy silence, and the sound that wasn't a sound, she slipped her side-loader free after she parked her speeder a ways into the mine. She didn't even know what she sought. Brave face, Arkyn. Somebody might be watching. She loosed a sigh to settle her nerves then trekked deeper into the widening cave on foot, her boots seeming impossibly loud crunching against the snow.

Me and my kriffing instincts.

There were still bodies in the tunnel. GA operatives scorched with blaster bolts, Imps carved in half by lightsabers...

It was a sobering sight.

Yet on she went, following the downward sloping tunnel deeper into the mines, led by a sound that wasn't a sound- just wind and whispers…

TAG: @Open

nhY3GI4.gif

OBJECTIVE: I - Coming Together
TAGS: Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Caedyn Arenais | Open

Seeing the Tetan bow and introduce herself brought a tinge of embarrassment to Ichika at being so remiss herself, but only just - Ichika stifled a yawn, a clear indication as to why that was. It was unusual to wait so long, but there had been more pressing matters.

She folded her hands together in her lap, and tipped forward in a seated bow, the best she could do for the time being, only grimacing slightly at how the action pulled on her leg, and by extension, her torn kneecap, “My name is Masudo Ichika…” and rose, her eyes widening just a touch, “ah… I mean to say… Ichika Masudo.” She was that tired; small mercies she hadn’t just lapsed into Atrisian entirely!

“But you may call me Daisy, if you like.”

Only people back home, official records, and some others ever called her by her actual name. Her mouth twitched in an attempt at a smile with the introduction, but this was soon abandoned in the wake of another yawn.

rIIDkbi.png

Objective 1: Coming Together
Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres
obj1_test.jpg

The ex-imperial's insistence on the morality of her choice earned a genuine smile from Amani. It was odd to see Zoraya like this, even grinning herself now. Although really it was odd seeing her at all, given she had been completely covered in armor during their initial encounter. But seeing the person underneath that shell was a welcome change.

"Well there's always room for someone like you on this side of the galaxy." Amani seemed to relax further, like she was simply talking to a friend she'd known for years. The dry joke earned a quiet chuckle in return, then she turned contemplative, "It really is all true, you know. You help save those kids. If we hadn't gotten to them in time, I don't know what might've…" The mirialan trailed off, growing somber for just a flickering moment. She was deeply protective of these students, and thanks to Zoraya's choice those students would continue to have a future they might not have otherwise, "So thank you. Truly."

After a few more moments she eventually allowed for a switch in topics, or rather a return discussing Zoraya's future, "I'm not sure how aware you are but, you are Force-sensitive…"

"Have you… considered looking into the path of a Jedi? Or getting some kind of training?"

Obj 2,
The Hallowed Scar

His worn self leaned over the front of the speeder and one boot touched down on the scarred stone in order to maintan some semblance of balance. "Me, rest?" Corin protested with offense written across his face, "You're the one in the middle of a disappearing act confined to a hoverchair."

The Padawan had the faintest beginnings of a smirk form at the corner of his mouth as a result. Pained, but alive. It was all Corin needed to see, needed to know to let that intense sense of concern subside and resume some form of normalcy. Some, being the operative word. There was nothing normal about either of them, the teenager often conceded, what with even their already odd duties being taken to an even higher degree at times. An unquenchable thirst to be of aid, even with all the repercussions should that mystery become unravelled.

"How about we stop dancing around whether I'll stay or go because whether you like it or not, you're no state to make me." Corin ended with the soft tilt to his head and a shrug, "So, cutting those steps out, what's so urgent you couldn't let yourself rest up at the temple for at least a few more days?"

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

BYOO

Wherever we are, is home.

Alex nodded at the wisdom of the ancient Jedi Master's words, as he gazed silently at the impressive interior architecture of the Temple. A strange sense of peace he hadn't felt in years slowly crept over him.

Something else that Yoda was said to have uttered, crept into Alex's thought.

Too long sorrow makes a stone of the heart.

How true, Alex thought. All these years, not letting go of the past, blaming myself for my family's death...blaming myself...for everything.

"Credit for your thoughts, Love," Seku said, nudging Alex's shoulder with her finger.

"Ah, just reflecting on how much of an fool I've been all these years. Holding on to all the pain...all the regret...."

"You're still blaming yourself for what happened to your family? Let it go Alex, it wasn't your fault..."

"I'm getting there..."

Go to the Seeker...

Alex felt a curious, almost electric tingle at the base of his skull, as a vision of a mine entrance roughly halfway up the side of a mountain overlooking a frozen lake flashed before his eyes.

"Did you just say something?...Go to the Seeker?"

"Um...Alex, you're getting weird on me..."

"Something's calling to me," Alex answered. "Something out there in the wilds."

"What?! You want to go back out in this weather? Are you nuts," Seku protested. "I'm gonna freeze my Lekku off out there!"

"We'll take the Shadow Runner," Alex said, as he strode towards the Temple's exit.

"You want to fly in this weather? Alex, I'm seriously going to have you dragged to a med-bay and checked for a closed head injury in about a minute!"

"Call it Fate...call it the Force...but something's calling to me out there."

"Ok, Ok! I'm coming!"

--------------------------

Tag- Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

Last edited:

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Open

obj1_test.jpg

"No, no. I'm not... one of you." She replied, distancing herself from the people she had helped. It may have been an overstep on her behalf but she struggled with regarding herself as being on their 'side'.

She shifted uncomfortably at the thanks, though it did help to ease her conscience. "Yeah, no worries." She replied, awkwardly. It was difficult to come to terms with her actions which had forced a shift in identity where she no longer knew what to consider herself as. In her mind, she was still an Imperial, but to everyone else she knew she was a traitor.

It was hard to contend with almost a lifetime of indoctrination.

"I can't say I'm surprised. My sister was a Jedi." She replied casually as she produced a cigarette from her pocket and lit it, seemingly oblivious to where she was.

"A Jedi?" She repeated, followed by a brief chuckle. "I helped you but I don't want to be you." She replied. "I can think of better ways to get killed by the Empire." She joked but quickly realised how distasteful it was. "Ah... sorry."

"Training people in the Force is what created the Sith. Maybe you should just leave things as they are."
She replied with a hint of bitterness. While not an outright rejection, she displayed her hesitancy.

Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres
obj1_test.jpg

“Your sister? She’s not around these parts, is she?” No one that quite looked like the imperial’s sister had cropped up to her knowledge.

Zoraya was, understandably, not quite as lackadaisical about all of this as Amani. The mirialan frowned slightly, but was unsurprised by the quick rejection. It was a hefty proposition to drop on somebody. She raised her hand passively, “It’s alright. I get it’s… a lot.”

“But that said, you’re already wanted by the Empire. This wouldn’t exactly change that…”
If anything, it would be a source of backing that she might not otherwise have. But Amani wasn’t going to lay it on too thickly.

Zoraya’s other point did warrant another comment, however, “I suppose that's true, but… leaving it as is can be dangerous as well. Untrained you have less control, should your powers flare up. With less control, it’s easier to be swayed by strong emotions… like the Sith.”

“It’s ultimately your choice. I’m not going to force you into one label or another. You’ve already done a lot for us, as far as I’m concerned. But I just want to make sure you understand the offer in full.”

Allies: NIO l
Enemies?: Galactic Alliance l Sara Roche Sara Roche
Objective: Live

He remembered it. The brutality of his fight against the Alliance soldier. She was mean, fierce and determined. He was about to end it, crush her windpipe, stomp her face in, hit her with his helmet-

When the snow overwhelmed them both.

He wasn't sure who even caused it, and if it was the right call. He never made the calls. He found himself staring into a white abyss, saved only by the armor he wore. He crawled out from it, only remembering the pain from his many fractured bones. It was agony to simply breathe- he was barely able to even stand on his own. His transponder held in his hand, he only saw silhouettes in the distance, before he collapsed.

He imagined himself back home, waking up to his mother's meals and his father's singing. His sisters were playing with the other children outside. The smell of the bread factory down the road would wake him up if he ever overslept. Such a sweet smell. The food production was truly the highlight of his neighborhood, his sector. Pride of the Imperium.

He was wrong.

He woke up in a hospital bed.

And not an Imperial one, either.

He looked up at a woman.

He didn't recognize her.

"Thank you for saving me."

His voice was that of a young man. Not even 20, maybe. But now, he'd be forever changed by the war, the carnage of it all. His eyes were sunken in, tired, the exhaustion that years of sleep could not fix. War had changed him- and he didn't even realize it, truly yet.

"Am I... where am I? My name is Private Sid Berik, 2nd Platoon of the-" He stopped himself. His unit was gone. He was the last one. There was no one else. Right? "Did... anyone else make it?" He didn't specify Imperial or Alliance. That snow buried a lot of people on both sides. He seemed tired with the conflict already, even before it began. Petty squabbles from Jedi and Sith echoing long ago. Even just hours ago, his foolish pride landed him nowhere but in a war and in a hospital bed- by his reported enemy.

He sat up, wincing in pain. He looked around the bay.

"I wonder if they know I'm here."

He seemed distraught, and now- awake and realizing the reality of it all, depressed from his efforts and violence... for nothing.

Last edited:

"Your Padawan is the only reported one missing,

Dhalinar didn't hear much after that. He felt the despair start to wrap around him like a heavy coat. Why Sola? Most of his anger had melted away, his eyes unfocused.

"I'll do whatever I can to help bring your Padawan back."

"Y-yes, o-of course Master Noble. Thank you." He wasn't sure what she'd said before that but he knew he needed a place to meditate, a place to bring his focus back. He was not a mopey padawan. He had not been given the title of Master for nothing. Dhalinar stood up tall and gave a deferential bow to the council member before leaving for a meditation chamber.

Osarla's big arms could probably break a tree in half but now they were gentle, consoling. Pryce hugged her back, patting her shoulder. It had been unexpected but not unwanted. He broke away from the embrace and held her arms for a moment before giving them a reassuring pat too offering a sad smile.

"I know you did all you could," he said. Pryce let out a shakey breath. "All that matters is that he's alive. Doctors say he'll make a full recovery." Pryce ran a hand through his brown hair. Somehow, despite the stressful life of a war-slave turned naval officer turned politician he hadn't a single lock of grey in his hair. His beard though, he'd been growing it back since the inauguration, was beginning to show signs of age. He looked down at his com and noticed a new pattern flashing. Ava.

"I've got to get back to Ava," Pryce turned to walk away but paused. "May the Force be with you," And with that he retreated to a more private place to open the holo message from Ava. The com booth was private enough. How did he respond without inciting panic? Hello dear, our son was almost killed by an Imperial Knight on a field trip! Doc said he'll be fine! No, that wouldn't do at all. Pryce listened intently to the message. Wait, Gabriella? Was she Force sensitive too? It would make sense but- They'd have to talk about that some other time. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly as the holo began recording.

"Ava, I'm on Ilum. I'm not sure how well encrypted these lines are so I can't get into details but..." Better to rip off the bandage now. "He's hurt bad. Real bad. He's unconscious right now. Doctor said he'll make a full recovery but...It was very close. They'll be moving him to the med center at the Coruscant Temple. I'll be with him as long as I can but...This attack." He grimaced. "I know I'll be needed back on Coruscant soon. I won't tell you not to worry but, things could be getting real rough, real quick here soon. That's all I'm willing to say on this line. I'll see you soon. May the Force be with you." He paused and gave her a meaningful look through the hololens and then it ended. He paid for the booth and the message was off.

Coronet, Corellia
Pryce Residence

e5cSjzW.png
Ava was doing last night's dishes, washing the few by hand as there was only Gabriella and herself living at the house presently when a particular message tone beeped on her iComm. It was Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce 's.

Finally?! Thank the Force.

She quickly finished rinsing off the plate in hand and placed it in the drying rack, then grabbed a kitchen towel to wipe her hands before picking up the comlink laying nearby on the countertop. There was a moment of hesitation before pushing the play button for the recorded hologram to start.

Please, please be alive...
"Ava, I'm on Ilum. I'm not sure how well encrypted these lines are so I can't get into details but..." Better to rip off the bandage now. "He's hurt bad. Real bad. He's unconscious right now. Doctor said he'll make a full recovery but...It was very close. They'll be moving him to the med center at the Coruscant Temple. I'll be with him as long as I can but...This attack." He grimaced. "I know I'll be needed back on Coruscant soon. I won't tell you not to worry but, things could be getting real rough, real quick here soon. That's all I'm willing to say on this line. I'll see you soon. May the Force be with you." He paused and gave her a meaningful look through the hololens and then it ended. He paid for the booth and the message was off.
The Ralltiiri let out a small strangled cry as she leaned heavily onto the kitchen island. It was half from unbelievable relief that her baby boy was alive, but the other half was a mix of pain and anger at the news of his seemingly near-death injuries. She was thankful though that Dracken was by their son's side even if she couldn't be at that moment.

Soon, my loves, soon...

Ava wiped the moisture from her cheeks where tears had rolled down, a very rare emotional outburst for the war-hardened colonel with the Corellian Defense Force, then the veteran starfighter pilot focused her thoughts so she could make arrangements for an immediate departure to Coruscant.

The plan came to be that Goldie would be taking her personal X-wing while leaving the Banshee for Dracken's sister and father to follow sometime later with Gabriella and Izzy, the twins Ezra Pup; both of who would be staying with the extended family in Coronet until things got sorted with Gabriel.

The young Pryce looking more and more like her mother with long legs and light-colored hair still had a week left of the CorSec Youth Internship Program to finish. It would be a shame if Gabby didn't complete it as she had worked so hard and was top of her class. Plus, she really liked shadowing Agent Starkos, her mentor in the summer program.

"Gab let's go!" Ava called out rather impatiently holding the front door open with her already packed go-bag in hand.

"Hold on I'm coming! Geez, you don't have to get your panties in a twist. I was just taking Iz outside for a potty run before the drive to Aunt Miri's."

"Sorry, sweetheart. I'm just a little... "

"Pissy, stressed? It's totally understandable, Mom. Here, I filled up your favorite travel mug with caf. Everything will be okay, promise."

"Thanks. I don't know what I'd do without you," Ava smiled warmly at her thoughtful daughter, taking the lidded tumbler from the girl and giving the top of her golden head a motherly peck.

The leashed Ezru pup beside them barked and wagged its long, pokey-plated tail, wanting acknowledgment too. "And you too, Izzy boy."

"Love you," Gabby smiled back looking up into her mother's steel blue eyes.

"Love you more... Now you two get in the speeder. I still have to go all the way to the base before taking off."

Last edited:
"Unbelievable."

A familiar voice dropped down from above, the heavy thump of Firrerreo mass hitting the snow trodden ground.

"Both of you."

Jem stepped up behind Corin, his presence all too easy for her to track. She knew he had been up to something when she saw him slip in. She just hadn't thought to find Thing 1 leading the ordeal. "Shouldn't you be in the med bay?"

Jem's own injuries, a shot through shoulder and 3rd degree burns, had healed into faint red splotches across her shoulder neck and face. Her left eye was clearing by the hour and with it came a familiar disapproving look. She had been released days ago. She was here on assignment.

What was their excuse?

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Tags: Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo .

6omTtjj.png

A familiar face did catch Ariana, her Master Arenais, but she only offered a quick telepathic message to him that she was heading off to the Medbay, on her own strength and two feet. I can manage that at least. She figured that her Master wouldn't be too worried if she could still walk around. . . just not for long.

Ariana Du Couteau had indeed been the Padawan he had been hoping to see among the crowd of those coming in from out of the cold. Every student returning to the Temple after such an ordeal was a gladened sight, yet knowing that she had survived, let alone with the strength to communicate her will to go it on her own two feet, was a relief to behold. In response, Caedyn offered a nod of confidence and approval to his Padawan, falling in line behind her and walking at her pace with every intention of ensuring that she had a clean bill of health before eventually returning to duty.

The battle over Ilum was not unlike other war fronts that Caedyn Arenais had taken part in, and seeing his newly appointed Padawan returning in such a state was a bitter-sweet sight; Gladdened that she had survived, and yet wishing that he had been there alongside her during the engagement. The plan was to rendezvous with her on the surface, yet he and the strike team that Caedyn had accompanied, had been forced to prioritize their boarding of the Imperial Superweapon instead. Ariana had fought alongside her peers, those Caedyn knew to be capable but worried all the same.

The medical quarters were expectedly rife with activity as Jedi of all ages were being seen to, their wounds being addressed and all manner of injuries sustained across the battlefield now finding home in the healing wing of the Jedi Temple. Giving Ariana some space for the time being, Caedyn took the initiative to seek out one of the medical protocol droids in order to ensure that his Padawan's presence would be noted for staff to see her where possible. There were many others who appeared to be in far worse condition, so it was fair to assume that Ariana might be there for some time.

“Thank you,” she said, eyes finding the face of the other girl, “I’m… not certain I would be here, if you hadn’t been there.”

The words reached Caedyn's ears as he had been moving back towards where the two girls sat; Caedyn moved to stand nearer to the wall of the medical bay, as to keep out of the way of those working and coming in for assistance, yet also giving his Padawan her sense of independence. Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo appeared to be showing her gratitude, speaking as though Ariana had been a life-saving factor in their experience out there. It was a proud moment for the Jedi Knight to hear that his student had performed so admirably, and he was certainly interested to hear more of what had occurred.

Ariana had seemed to deflect the compliment by responding with the notion of their being Jedi. She wasn't incorrect, however, Caedyn couldn't help but silently wish she had taken the gesture to heart given all the horrible experiences they'd likely faced during the battle...-Least if theirs was anything like his own encounter. He didn't give evidence of the thought, however, instead turning his gaze to those others who filled the room. To his knowledge, Amani Serys Amani Serys was Chief Healer of the New Jedi Order, though Caedyn wasn't certain if she were present on Ilum or not. They hadn't run into one another, so he instead kept an eye out for other medical staff who might need support, as he himself had experience in healing through the Force.

AllianceDiscordIcon.png

Ilum_5.jpeg

Lieutenant Sara 'Meteor' Roche
GADF Marines, 222nd Nova Corps, 121st (Augmented) Battalion, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon Battalion Reserve

Objective: Debrief
Equipment:
Garrison Uniform

"Thank you for saving me."
The startled her, broke her from her thoughts. The soldier looked confused, and on closer inspection, she realised just how young he was. Sara was no old hand herself, but he looked only about as old as she was when she entered the Academy. There was little recognition in his eyes too- of course not, as she was in her off-duty garrison uniform, not her scorched and pitted armour.

"Am I... where am I? My name is Private Sid Berik, 2nd Platoon of the-" He stopped himself. His unit was gone. He was the last one. There was no one else. Right? "Did... anyone else make it?"
"Yeah, I think so. Not a lot, sorry to say."

He sat up, wincing in pain. He looked around the bay.

"I wonder if they know I'm here."

He seemed distraught, and now- awake and realizing the reality of it all, depressed from his efforts and violence... for nothing.
Sara was not sure what to say. She'd seen that look of confusion before; years ago on an unnamed rock when she lost her first comrades, looking into the polished shine of obsidian at her own haunted face.

"The Imps- the Imperials have left the planet. If you weren't with them when they left... You're in our custody now, accorded the rights and safety of a prisoner of war." Was he? Their countries were not legally at war at the moment. Although, the GA was unlikely to use that as pretext to start butchering prisoners, so it was close enough to the truth anyway.

obj1_test.jpg

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm and Helmet, and quite ruined)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana nodded happily to Daisy’s introduction, the slight slip of her new friend reminded her of the Atrisian style of Family names in their customary form of greeting. The young Du Couteau heir thought back to her father when he was asked if he was partially Atrisian but he had more than often stated he was not and simply enjoyed their fashion industry. No greater Artists of Fashion in the Core than Atrisia. Ariana remembered her father’s words as he smiled happily at yet another cape being delivered to their home.

Seeing the yawn from Daisy, Ariana lifted her legs back up on the bed and laid down, gesturing towards the other to do the same. “-If you can’t find a bacta-tank open, hopefully you can find some sleep in the mean-time.” Ariana offered, she badly wanted to find a chance to restfully sleep but with how much noise and movement was within the Medbay alone, the chances were slim.

“But we can also hobble or crawl an attempt to escape Ilum, I can make a call and get us a transport directly to my home on Teta.” Ariana offered as her own yawn cutting off the end of her sentence.

“-My father made a perfect mediation chamber, away any overflowing emotions that flood the Force. . . anger, grief, depression. . . a chance to finally be alone with the Universe, to ask the questions to the only one who can answer them.” She added, “-alone but never lonely. . .” She mumbled a tad as her eyes closed. Even tired she hadn't forgotten the small promise she had made to Daisy back in the caverns, they had escaped the worst of it and now with the time of healing approaching they could switch to thoughts of afterwards.
What do I do next?

Obj 2,
The Hallowed Scar

"You're contaminating the scene." he jerked his head at the speeder, then waved his hand to shoo the padawan away, stubbornly ignoring Corin's words. "Thought you'd know this by now." the petty side of the investigator was out in full force today.

"Unbelievable."

A familiar voice dropped down from above, the heavy thump of Firrerreo mass hitting the snow trodden ground.

"Both of you."

Dagon's features briefly softened at Jem's sight. Perhaps seeing her lacking the taint of the Dark Side sent a wave of relief to wash over him.

"What is it with you two -- can never sit in one place or something?" ironic coming from him.

He plucked the piece of doonium in an evidence bag stained with his blood.
Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Last edited:
BYOO

She followed the whispers deep into the tunnels, past the debris, past the corpses, past the drills, deeper and deeper and deeper, into a dank, dark warren that seemed to pulse with quiet power. The light from her glowrod cast eerie, climbing shadows across the stone. She heard blismals scuttling in the distance. Every scuff of her boot against the ground seemed impossibly loud.

CLACK!

She turned, her blaster almost flying into her hand-

But it was just a chunk of rock, clattering across the ground. She glanced up- the roof of the tunnel was splintered here and there, just one loud blismal shriek away from crushing her. It was definitely unstable. Her blaster wouldn’t help with that- only make it worse.

Calm your tits, Arkyn. It’s just a tunnel. A whispering tunnel. A whispering tunnel that might collapse.

The whispering was getting louder. Not quite incessant, but…it was like they wanted her to know she was headed in the right direction.

I must be mad. O
nward she went.

BYOO
-------------------------

Outside the Temple, the storm was intensifying. Leaning against the howling wind, Alex trudged his way to the Shadow Runner, with Seku close behind.

"Let's assume for a moment, you haven't lost your mind or have a closed head injury," Seku shouted over the wind as they made their way up the boarding ramp. "What exactly are you doing?"

"I told you already, something's calling to me out here."

"Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope," Seku said, rolling her eyes as she sat down in the co-pilot's seat and began powering up the engines. "I assume since you're the one being called, you'll be the one flying us in this blizzard?"

"You assume correctly," Alex answered, taking his seat at the pilot's console. "If we stay low, we can use the mountain range for cover, it should shield us from the brunt of the storm."

"I hope you're right. But if we die in a crash landing, I'm haunting you forever in the afterlife!"

"How can you haunt me if we're both dead," Alex asked with a smirk on his face.

"Trust me, Mister...I'll find a way," Seku replied.

The Shadow Runner rose into the sky, swaying like a leaf falling from a tree as the howling winds whipped around it. With a light touch at the controls, Alex swung the ship around and headed for the distant mountain overlooking a frozen lake. Besides him, Seku was gripping the arms of the co-pilot's seat tightly, eyes squinted shut.

"Relax already, we're still flying."

Flying low across the barren landscape, Alex brought the ship around in a wide, sweeping arc as it approached the mountain.

"You can open your eyes," Alex nudged Seku's shoulder and pointed to the tunnel leading into the mountain. "We're nearly there."

Alex brought the Shadow Runner in for a landing, noting the speeder parked near the entrance to the tunnel.

"There's somebody here," Seku said as she peered at the icy landscape outside.

"Looks that way," Alex answered as he powered down the engines and lowered the boarding ramp.

The pair departed their ship and slowly made their way into the tunnel. Seeing the bodies of fallen Alliance soldiers, Seku pulled a data pad from her coat pocket and began compiling a list of names from the IDs she found.

"I'll forward this to HQ, so they can see that these men receive a proper burial."

"What about them," Alex asked, indicating the fallen Imperial troops.

"SIA will be wanting any piece of info these troops may be carrying," Seku replied. "I'll put in a request to have a recovery team brought here for intel retrieval and to take care of the bodies."

GO TO THE SEEKER....

"We need to keep moving," Alex said, peering off further into the tunnel. "Whatever I'm here for...it's deeper into the mountain."

"Alex, this tunnel looks like it could collapse at any second. Are you sure this is really such a good idea?"

"Tread lightly, and keep your voice down. We'll be fine."

"I'm trusting you, Mister. Don't make me regret this..."

-------------------------------------------

Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

Obj 2,
The Hallowed Scar

He slumped backwards in exasperation, as if then to lay down across it. "Contaminating the scene." He repeated, almost mockingly only to throw his hands out wide in the middle of the unfathomably large scar, "Look at the size of this thing, I couldn't contaminate it if I tried."

Part of him believed that, even.

His eyes flicked over towards Jem with a hand rushed to his face with a soft groan, pulling down as if to tear his own face off. He could handle another disciplining from Dagon, not so much Jem. She had a different fire, one more threatening. Maybe one that came with the fact she actually stabbed him, where Corin could only at most think Dagon would threaten it with little follow through. Consider it a psychotic test, Jem could pass with flying colours.

"Bit rich coming from you, hoverboy." He retorted with eyes facing the sky.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom