Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate ILUMinati | Ilum Aftermath Thread | GA Populate of Lahag Erli

jeditemplebanner.png

DULCET
CORUSCANT | THE JEDI TEMPLE | HALLWAYS

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray
white.png
With an apologetic grimace, Cordé gestured vaguely to half of her face, feeling a pinch of guilt behind her ribs as she did so. It seemed to work, however. She received an indication of where she could find the person she was looking for.

“Down that way,” The mirialan gestured, and Cordé followed the length of their finger to the vague distance of the hallway. She parted ways with thanks and walked purposefully in the direction she’d been pointed. The less time she could spend in these hallways, or this temple in general, the better.

It was a different route than she’d taken to get to the archives during the temple’s grand opening. This time, she wandered through a part of the temple that was half outdoors, with tall stretching trees and bright-coloured flowers that sprawled out into pockets of sand. Little sparring areas. At the end was a tranquil setting of a soft-running fountain.

The directions for the mirialan were true, and Cordé immediately recognized the silhouette of the Jedi who’d healed her twice. She only knew his name because she’d overheard it from his Padawan friend. The alarm on his face when she’d used it and waved goodbye— see you later, Sionhad been notable even in the dimness of the caves.

“Hey,” She greeted. “Sion, right?” He didn’t look like he was expecting anyone. ”I wanted to take the serendipity out of running into one another. And you're not that hard to find.”

With a look up to the ceiling carved with historic stances and duelists she didn’t recognize, she suppressed a shudder.

“Still meeting in weird places though. Can I sit?”

There’d been something on her chest since Ilum, and now that they were shipped back, she wanted it resolved. The less nuisance in her mind, the clearer her focus could be. The better at her job she could be. The more impact she could have on the war against the Sith. And that’s all that mattered.

"You got your master's friend back safely? All those Jedi on that speeder looked pretty beat up."

Jem rolled her eyes at them both and kept her quips to herself.

Her freeze up was heavy on her mind. It had been Corin that had kept a cool head on the mission; it had been Corin that had stepped up and saved them all. Seeing him again made her ears tinge silver with embarrassment.

Dagon hadn't picked her to lead for a reason. He saw something better in Corin.

She pushed aside the corrosive whisper and got to work. It helped.

"Corin's right," Never thought she'd say that. "We're not much of a team if you don't let us in." The pointed words were heavy and followed by a fluttering glance. ...Guess she knew where those new walls had come from. She let a frozen heap of metal clank back into the compacted snow and straightened to face him.

"It's time you trust us, Master. Tell us what you're looking for."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Last edited:
obj1_test.jpg

Objective: Visit Kara in the hospital wing
Tags: Kara Jade Kara Jade / Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
div1.png
And I’m glad to see you’re doing well too, Silas.
"Don't worry about me, you were the one that was buried under rocks after all" he said warmly, choosing to take the attention off himself and onto the woman instead. He was happy that Kara had gotten through, considering everything she did for him in those moments. His emotions were running high and she did her best to calm him down. She was less experienced than him but older and wiser, something which saved his life in the end.

Then, a voice came from behind. Silas turned with a wide smile and moved forwards to give Jasper a much needed hug "I'm glad you made it out Jasper, unhurt no less" he said pulling back, giving him a reassuring pat on the back "We all did well in that guard, even when we were outnumbered"

Turning back to Kara, he motioned her head to the woman "Without Kara, I probably wouldn't be standing here now. I owe her my life..." Silas stated with a shy smile, knowing if she wasn't there he probably would have died from the lack of control.

Last edited:
2286809a3685e73514ce448125477b11.jpg

Ilum, Jedi Temple Hospital Wing
Tags: Kara Jade Kara Jade , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Jasper was caught very much off guard by Silas's reaction, who had hugged him without warning. He didn't fight it, however. His friend had clearly been through a lot. Awkward or not, Jasper had come here to support his peers the best he could.

"I'm glad you made it out Jasper, unhurt no less"

"Yeah," Jasper sighed. "I'm shocked I did. It was... brutal out there. When Miss Amani came to get us, the others seemed to be in rough shape."

The mention that Kara had saved Silas's life managed to bring a smile to Jasper's face. It was nice to know that. even amongst the chaos, everyone seemed to be keeping an eye out for their fellow learners. Hopefully, sometime in the future, Jasper would get the opportunity to do the same.

"It's a good thing she did," he continue, more jovial now. "Kai sounded really intent on throwing hands. It's not exactly a fair fight when you're opponent is a skeleton."

Jasper managed a faint laugh before he let out a sigh. It had been a mess. All of it. Ilum was torn up one side and down the other. There were wounded and dead still scattered across the planet even as they spoke. That wasn't even getting into what the Empire was harvesting kyber for. It seemed that the future was, in every conceivable way, incredibly uncertain. It was as though the entire galaxy sat at a crossroads, with everyone threatening to kill each other should they collide.

"What do we do now?"

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

Sion was going through his saber stances when that voice rang out behind him.

It almost made him drop his saber.

Almost.

But Illum had steadied his nerves somewhat. Part of him was still second guessing things. Leaving Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor behind and then leaving Zhea Nox Zhea Nox behind to fight the Imperial. At least they managed to get Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce and his friend out. That was an achievement worth celebrating and Cordé made it happen.

He righted himself and looked over his shoulder, sweat still trickling down as he took a breath in.

Luckily the girl didn't seem like she needed him to say anything. She was forcefully powering through the words, sentences, like she had it memorized or something.

"Yeah, of course you can sit." Sion said softly before disengaging the training saber and turning around entirely. "They are safe. Are your people safe too? You ran off like that..." Saying his name, like it was a sly secret pried away and without leaving her own in its stead. "Not that weird a place, is it? Just a bit intimidating..."

Echoing both their sentiment when they had met here the first time.

"Anyway, what's up?"

Allies: NIO l
Enemies?: Galactic Alliance l Sara Roche Sara Roche
Objective: Live

He sat there in full silence, staring into the void. His eyes drifted over to the redhead. She was a beautiful woman, strong but scarred. His eyes lingered over her for a moment, before he ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply.

"It'll never end, will it?"

Maybe the Sith did have a point- peace was a lie. Not real peace anyways. But what was peace worth? Or stability? Or power? What did the Alliance gain here? Or lose here?

What did he gain? He knew what he lost, what he left in the cold snow. He leaned back against the pillow, wishing he had a window to look out of.

"They said I'd be doing something greater than myself in the ads. Great, shining armor, nice dress uniforms. Fighting the Sith-" He turned to look at her, eyes cast down in shame.

"Now look at us."

Perhaps, in another time, they would have been comrades or friends. A few short weeks ago they were.
"What happens now?"

In the context of the question, he meant both with him, and with the war as a whole.

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

DULCET
CORUSCANT | THE JEDI TEMPLE | HALLWAYS

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray
white.png
It wasn’t that Cordé was unused to someone training or working out half-dressed — military training, wound dressing, etcetera — but she’d been so wrapped up in how to approach the stranger-but-also-not-stranger that she hadn’t really paid attention to anything about him until he turned around.

A tiny noise of surprise hopped out of her throat at the same time his light sword sshwoorm’d back into its casing.

Her first reaction was to flick her line of sight away, anywhere else. Heat warmed her cheeks, and she looked back at the fountain, counting the orifices which water flowed from.

Concentrated on the water, she nodded.

“They're always safe. They're tough. And they completed our mission.” An Imperial knight had been detained and handed over to the SIA. Anything that happened after was beyond Cordé’s paygrade.

Watching the water fall and turn from lines to ripples into the pool helped her settle.

What’s up was such a disarming way to venture into the topic that had motivated her to find him. It set off a domino of things about him that bothered her (she’d made the list several times for some reason) — namely, his name. She’d never wanted to know it, but now she did. Because she’d, for some reason, agreed to help him with one of his little friends.

Knowing his name made it harder to simply categorize him as a Jedi. Now he was Sion the Jedi.

Sion the Jedi who’d healed her, twice, with a touch. Sion the Jedi who’d looked horrified by the corpses of imperials her squadron had downed and looked as though, for a brief second, he’d wanted to heal them. Even though the light had been barely there, she’d seen it. And she hadn’t been able to forget it.

Sion the Jedi who used the same word to describe the temple they’d used the second-to-last time they’d randomly bumped into one another.

Her frustration settled into her arms, and she folded them across her chest. Hardness anchored her jaw, and she tilted her head at him.

“When’re you going to ask my name.”

Last edited:
BYOO

The tunnel began to gradually narrow until Arkyn was squeezing her way between the rocks sideways, careful not to startle the bismarls scurrying underfoot. The roof wasn't as cracked here but she didn't want to chance one of them screaming and causing a cave-in. Death by burial- be it the crushing or the suffocating- was a terrible way to go, and she had a lot of living left to do.

One moment, she was shuffling between walls that were almost too tight for her to make it through, and the next she was stumbling into a chamber that looked like something out of a dream. The whispering quieted to silence, replaced with a solemn radiance that made her strangely joyful. Vines- no, roots wound up and down the walls like filigree, glimmering with crystals that bathed the chamber in a soft, warm glow of rainbow colors.

Carefully, as if in awe, she approached one of the sections of flowing vines and pressed her hands against them, compelled by instincts she didn't understand. They were warm to the touch, pulsing beneath her hand like a slow heartbeat.

The roots, the tree, was in pain, she felt, emotional pain, as if suffering from deep sorrow. And yet...she sensed hope pulsing through the vines, faint but there, a second heartbeat that thrummed in the quiet moments between the first, and growing stronger every second.

When she pulled her hand away, two little crystals rested in her palm as if they'd been there all only and it was only now that she could see them. One was a bright, silvery blue, the other a brilliant green. Almost reverently, she slipped them into her coat pocket, turned to leave-

And stepped on a bismarl.

"Oh feth me."

The silvery rodent screamed. Then another, from somewhere back in the tunnel, then another, and another.

She cupped her hands over her ears and the chamber began to quake.

AllianceDiscordIcon.png

Ilum_5.jpeg

Lieutenant Sara 'Meteor' Roche
GADF Marines, 222nd Nova Corps, 121st (Augmented) Battalion, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon Battalion Reserve

Objective: Debrief
Equipment:
Garrison Uniform

"It'll never end, will it?"
Sara didn't respond. She was not sure what her answer to the Imperial could even be. To her men, maybe she'd have something to say. To her family or her friends back home. But the enemy? Little else other than hope it does, with me winning.

"They said I'd be doing something greater than myself in the ads. Great, shining armor, nice dress uniforms. Fighting the Sith-" He turned to look at her, eyes cast down in shame.

"Now look at us."
She knew what he meant. Carida was still culturally.... Imperial-adjacent, as was a significant cross-section of the Alliance. That meant valourising war, mythologising sacrifice and duty. Giving meaning to mass slaughter. No doubt the Empire thrived on that stuff. Their entire identity was militant resentment. First against the Sith, and now clearly against the Alliance.

"What happens now?"

In the context of the question, he meant both with him, and with the war as a whole.
The Lieutenant shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant but clearly uncomfortable.

"The S2 guys ask you some questions before packing you into detention for as long as this crisis with your government lasts. If you're lucky you get to go home early. Maybe you can get a second chance at finding meaning in the military."

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

His expression softening there with a smile.

"I am glad, we are losing too many good people already." Murmured warmly before going to fetch his towel. Once again Cordé would be struck with how empathic this lad was. Not in the generalized way most people were. Because most people were decent. They'd be happy for someone to know their friends were okay.

Sion? He felt her worry and fraughtness. Deeply in his core and it evaporated straight in front of her.

At least until she called him out about the name thing.

He paused there, hand squeezing down the towel and sighing. "You didn't seem to want to offer it, so I felt a bit awkward asking for it." If Cordé didn't mind doing a call-out then Sion would be just as casual about it.

Turning around as he started drying his shoulders.

"But since you know my name- what's yours?" Looking her in the eye. Was it strange or did he seem more confident than the first time they had met?

War seemed to do that to a person.

The screech of the Blismals echoed through the tunnels towards where Alex and Seku stood.

"Well, Loony Wolf, you just had to go and jinx it..."

"Oh please, tell me this is NOT happening," Seku shouted, pointing towards the splintering ceiling above.

"RUN!"

"What?!"

"GO!"

Alex pushed Seku ahead of him, glancing over his shoulder as pieces of the ceiling began falling to the floor.

"We're going to get trapped in here if we go any further down this tunnel," Seku protested.

"We're going to be DEAD if we stay where we are," Alex replied. "KEEP MOVING!"

Further and further, the tunnel wound on, at times pressing inwards to the point Alex and Seku had to squeeze sideways in order to pass. Suddenly, the tunnel opened outwards into a chamber of sorts. Here, the quaking was even more pronounced.

"Well, straight from the frying pan, and into the fire," Seku huffed. "You have any more bright ideas, Alex?"

"Actually...yes, I do," Alex answered, as he glanced around the chamber. Closing his eyes, he extended his left hand, calling upon the Force to aid him in quieting the shrieking rodents hiding in the chamber. Little by little, the rodents fell silent, leaving an eerie calm in its place.

"Ok, I'll admit it, I'm impressed," Seku said. "But it looks like we're not alone in here."

"I know," Alex answered, as he noticed Arkyn Rane. "I believe she is the reason the Force summoned me here."

Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

BYOO

When the noise stopped and the quaking subsided, Arkyn realized she wasn't alone. She'd been joined by a rather interesting pair, for a rather bland, Mid-Rim definition of interesting- a human male and a Rutian twi'lek, both bundled in thick furs to stave off the intense cold. The man had done something to calm the blismals, some sort of Force magic that she couldn't make heads nor tails of- she'd felt the way he coaxed and moved the Force, but she doubted she'd be able to recreate it. Not without hours of practice, and she couldn't imagine sitting still and thinking for hours at a time.

She'd go mad.

"So, was that exciting or what? The name's Arkyn. Arkyn Rane. That was you who calmed the little rats, yeah? Really did me a solid. My whole life was about to come tumbling down."

It was a terrible joke, but she made it anyway, craning her neck to look up at the slivers of light peaking down through the tangled roots. The tunnel was caved-in; she'd have to climb out if she didn't want to spend the rest of her days living in an underground cave.

"So...what brought you lot here? Did you hear the whispers?"

The Knight's mind was too busy with the 'crime scene' before him that sprawled over the horizon and beyond to sense the faint whispers plaguing Jem's mind. Another hundred men to investigate and it'd just half their work to merely sixty-seventy years. He was looking for a needle in a haystack. A haystack that spanned across the world.

Dagon rubbed the bridge of his nose before he sighed in defeat.

"I don't know." he admitted to Jem, his hands rubbing his face. "...anything that can give us more hints at that Imperial... weapon."

He gestured at the abandoned mining operation that had carved the surface of the planet for miles upon miles. "I don't even know how they managed to sneak up an operation of this scale right beneath our noses." The Jedi didn't seem too surprised. As one who had fought back to back with the Imperials in their mutual fight against the Sith, he knew, even then as a rump state, they always held the last trump card up their sleeves.

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

"So, was that exciting or what? The name's Arkyn. Arkyn Rane. That was you who calmed the little rats, yeah? Really did me a solid. My whole life was about to come tumbling down."

"So...what brought you lot here? Did you hear the whispers?"

"Yes, I heard the whispers," Alex answered. "I'm Alex StormWolf, and this is my companion, Seku Bondara. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Arkyn Rane. I have a feeling we were both called here for a reason."

"Um, Alex, why would the Force call you to a cave in the center of a mountain to be trapped after the tunnel caves in," Seku interjected.

"What?"

"Yeah, while you were busy doing your Jedi thing, the tunnel back there decided to collapse," Seku replied, pointing to a pile of rubble where the tunnel used to be. "So, how are we supposed to get out of here now?"

Alex glanced around the cavern, noticing the patches of light peeking through the roots cascading down the walls. The eerie whisperings began again...

Let go of the past. Let go of your pain. Climb out of the depths and be renewed....

"We go up," Alex said with a grin, pointing to the tangled mass of roots.

Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

Last edited:
BYOO

"Yes, I heard the whispers," Alex said. "I'm Alex StormWolf, and this is my companion, Seku Bondara. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Arkyn Rane. I have a feeling we were both called here for a reason."

"The pleasure is all mine, pal." Arkyn turned her attention to the walls- was she tripping, or had the roots moved? The wall looked a lot more easy to climb now than it had when she first entered. Still no walk in the park, but she'd climbed worse before.

"Um, Alex," Seky began, "Why would the Force call you to a cave in the center of a mountain to be trapped after the tunnel caves in?"

Arkyn started climbing, clambering up the wall one foot at a time. It was no different from scaling towers on Nar Shaddaa; easier, really, because there was no wind to fight against.

"What?" Alex returned.

"Yeah, while you were busy doing your Jedi thing, the tunnel back there decided to collapse," Seku replied, pointing to a pile of rubble where the tunnel used to be. "So, how are we supposed to get out of here now?"

"We go up," Alex said.

"Already ahead of ya'," Arky called down. It was a long climb up, but she didn't seem to be growing more tired- if anything, every time she raised her hand to grab another handheld or shifted her feet to change positions, she felt a burst of energy. "C'mon then! Time waits for no one, and I got what I came for. I think."

She continued climbing.

Last edited:
"Already ahead of ya...C'mon then! Time waits for no one, and I got what I came for. I think."

"You know something...I like her already," Seku said to Alex with a grin, as she grabbed hold of a root and began climbing. "So, you coming or what?"

"Be right with you," Alex replied as he grabbed for a root and began pulling himself up. As his hand touched the root, memories long hidden flashed through his mind. Startled, he withdrew his hand.

"What in the world?...."

ENDURE. AND ALL SHALL BE MADE KNOWN.

ENDURE? ENDURE WHAT? Alex thought to himself.

ENDURE THE TRIAL AND ALL SHALL BE MADE KNOWN.

HOW HARD CAN CLIMBING OUT OF A CAVE BE?

OTHERS HAVE TRIED...AND FAILED.

IS THAT SOME SORT OF A THREAT?

NO. MERELY A TRUTH.

Alex pondered for a moment and felt that he had some inkling of what he was meant to do. This cavern, with the strange tangle of roots leading to freedom, seemed to be a vergence in the Force. To pass this trial, Alex would have to face himself, overcome his own doubts and deepest fears. Suddenly, a bit of lore from the past history of the Jedi came to mind....

"What's in there?"
"Only what you take with you."

And a bit even further yet into the murky past...

"Brought you here, the galaxy has. Your path, clearly, this is."
"You know what I'm looking for."
"
Something lost. A part of yourself, perhaps. That which you seek, inside, you will find."

This clearly wasn't the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah, but the stakes were the same. Letting out a slow breath, Alex reached out once more and grabbed hold of the tangled mass of roots, and began the long, slow climb towards freedom....

Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

Last edited:
"Did the Imperials take the crystals out of spite, or is there another motive behind it?" Corin wondered aloud as he continued to learn forwards on the speederbike, draped over it carelessly with a creased brow left to stew in thoughts and possibilities. "Kyber can power a lightsaber, what else can it power and on that scale too?"

He did not think as to whether that kyber had been used as a superweapon, rather of the mind there was something worse yet to come.

"I saw the videos of it afterwards. It looked like an amped turbolaser, made into a beam instead. Is that even possible?"

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Objective 1: Coming Together
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open
Kara smiled slightly, waving the compliment off. “I just did the right thing, that’s all. Aside from the whole ‘defend those who can’t defend themselves’, we’re meant to look after each other too.

It was something her Master had drilled into her early on. While she was training to better herself, she’d also be fighting alongside her fellow Jedi. Especially other Padawans that would be learning right alongside her.

Ilum had been proof of that, ten times over.

Indeed, although let’s hope the next ‘spar’ isn’t on a Coruscant rooftop, aye? Although I’d pay good credits to see how Corin tries to ditch us again, should Master Noble appear.” Kara laughed lightly, leaning her head against her pillow.

She closed her eyes for a moment, stirring second later by Jasper’s question.

We rest, we recuperate. We learn from this experience and better ourselves. I don’t think any of us expected this mission to have unfolded like it did. But now we know, and we can prepare for any repeats in the future.

BYOO

The more she climbed, the further the flecks of light peaking through the roots above seemed to be.

She reached up for the next root to grab hold to and suddenly she was scaling Vorga's mansion on Nar Shaddaa, a gutter rat from the slums grasping for something more than scraps and cast-offs... She lifted her leg, pressed her foot against a root, and climbed into the cockpit of Drex's gunship, on her way to terrorize spice lanes as a young stripling of fourteen... She reached for another root, and pressed the throttle on her pod-racer, jerking the controls to smash into the sleemo who was threatening her lead...

They were the memories of who she had been, a girl raised on crime and violence, weaned on thievery and piracy and spice, on back-alley brawls and stabbings and shootings. And they were her future, if she didn't not learn to let go of her greed; her greed for credits, her greed for life, her greed for excitement.

The visions faded. By the Force, what a trip. It's like being on sharums.

She kept climbing, up and up and up, until...

Daylight. Snow. And open air.

As Alex climbed, scenes from his past flashed before his eyes. The loss of his family at the hands of the Sith, his own fall to the Dark Side.

NO! PLEASE...MAKE IT STOP!

ENDURE. OR FAIL. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Onward he climbed, through the years of wandering. The encounter with the Dark Lady Of The Sith, Venge, that left him missing his right arm. The years of hiding like a hermit in the desert on Tatooine. Being drafted by the Republic to join the ranks of the Sentinel Knights program under the direct command of the Supreme Chancellor. Meeting Seku for the first time when he was sent to the SIA to be briefed about the possibility of undertaking a mission behind enemy lines in the Sith Empire...

"WHAT BRINGS YOU TO THE OFFICE, HANDSOME?"

"WHAT IS IT YOU OPERATIVES ALWAYS SAY? I COULD TELL YOU BUT THEN I"D HAVE TO KILL YOU?.."

The visions took a dark turn. Alex suddenly found himself confronting memories that had been forcibly blocked from his recollection. Venge had been waiting for him. And like an insect caught in a spider's web, he was powerless to escape.

"KILLING YOU WOULD BE EASIER, I SUPPOSE. BUT I HAVE A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH PREPARED FOR YOU.."

Seemingly endless days of torture and the slow, agonizing poisoning through Sith Alchemy that weakened his resolve and drove him to the madness of the Dark Side once more....

"DARTH AMAROK I NAME YOU NOW...."

"WHAT DOES THIS 'AMAROK' MEAN, LORD VENGE?...."

"IT MEANS 'WOLF' IN A LONG FORGOTTEN DIALECT. IT SUITS YOU...NOW RISE, YOUR TENURE AS MY APPENTICE BEGINS,..."

NO! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW...

YOU'VE COME TOO FAR TO TURN BACK NOW...

I'VE DONE TERRIBLE THINGS...THINGS I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER....

YOU MUST ENDURE....

Onward, Alex climbed. Though his gradual return to the Light Side, and his rebellion against Venge. Being pursued by Venge's minions across the Sith Empire as he tried to make his escape. His inevitable capture and subsequent freezing in carbonite.

Suddenly, Alex felt daylight on his face and the icy chill of the wind. Hand over hand, he pulled himself out of the hole near the base of the tree, and took a few faltering steps before sinking to his knees, gasping for breath as the visions slowly faded.

"Alex, are you OK," Seku asked, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder.

"I will be...I think..."

"What happened in there?"

"All was revealed to me," Alex replied.

"Your missing memories?..."

"Everything...."

"I'm right here when you're ready to tell me about it," Seku said, catching the note of hesitancy in Alex's voice. "I won't rush you."

Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom