Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters
Renato Sarkin said:
I gain or lose nothing no matter what you do as I have nothing to lose and as a newer writer to chaos gain nothing anyway.
Check the date I joined, look at the date now, check the Member of the Month archive, look at the month of October, then tell me new writers at chaos do not gain anything. Then look at the tag under my avatar/playby and keep a straight face while looking at the screen.

Extragalactic war sounds fun. There is a mention of the rift in hyperspace in one of the books that there is a theory that the Celestials built it to keep out someone they might have been at war with.

That could be taken from as a source for an extragalactic species invading (akin to the Yuuzhan Vong).

Darth Vitium said:
Check the date I joined, look at the date now, check the Member of the Month archive, look at the month of October, then tell me new writers at chaos do not gain anything. Then look at the tag under my avatar/playby and keep a straight face while looking at the screen.
The Ego is strong with this one.

One positive result does not prove a theory, but one negative result disproves it. I have friends that had a hard time joining, so just because you are an anomaly does not mean the problem does not exist.

[member="Akio Kahoshi"] I sense no ego. I sense her defending herself because apparently people assume because you've been here for x amount of days you gain superiority over the others. The voices of the minute old accounts count just as much as the most seasoned staffer.

57965980.jpg

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] Except I saw now attack, only someone showing how many accolades staff has given her since she joined, when another new member simply stated how they would gain nothing from a map wipe. It was unnecessary and added nothing to the discussion except to remind everyone how much staff loves her (which I've gathered is a lot).

But then this post adds nothing to the discussion either.

So about that map wipe.

[member="Akio Kahoshi"] Then don't respond continuing the line of posts that do not contribute. As for the map wipe, I'm against it. I'd rather see people doing invasions and using the stuff they build in the factory. There's so much in there that people barely use because they're too busy twiddling their thumbs. Also welcome back, seems heated discussions always seem to draw you back Akio.

Never left, just been sticking to RPing. But when something this important comes up its really the duty of all members to give their voice and offer up their ideas for how to make the board better. I've only ever wanted this board to be the best it can be since the day I joined, and to help in whatever way I can. Hasn't changed.

[member="Akio Kahoshi"]
I was implying that effort gains results. One cannot be expected to be handed a proverbial microphone or megaphone without trying hard to get there. I never intended to imply that staff love me (? I didn't not even know this was the case), I was trying to further elaborate on the point I've made in another similar thread that Dredge posted discussing the topic of bullying and spotlights being solely on old members of seniority. And had I known that KenRath had left the board or was contemplating the idea of doing so, I would not have ever posted what I did. I hardly consider my ego to be as large as what little confidence I try to inflate. But thanks for popping it for me again.

Evasion Studios
So, it turns out I'm not actually dead - but I am supremely preoccupied. While on Holidays hiatus, I did a very bad thing - and I investigated other writing mediums that were not Star Wars. Yes, I heard you collectively gasp, and in a large part this is why my activity has slowed to a bare crawl. In fact I -just- checked all of the notifications for my characters. Granted there was only a piece of mail and not notification, but still, I felt like there was literal dust on those alts. So why am I telling you this? For one, I prefer transparency, and secondly this is why I am late to this discussion.

So a Map reset makes me think of three things immediately.

• Current story lines - We have a few(ton of) stories out there that are specific to locations. Actually almost all of them are, and most of them are very territory based. What would happen to the lot of them? Are we talking about a pan-dimensional plot hole that eats everything in it's path, something akin to the dread day of the WIPE? Plots, story arcs, ongoing dominions and TAKEADRINKTEFKA's would have to be either stopped or postponed at the very least.
  • Chaos' Canon - Our history is quite rich both with silliness, seriousness, massive blunders, and over the top epic action. Does this all get ret-conned? To the point that the characters themselves would be so highly affected, it might even delete some from the record books.
  • Territory - From what I gather as the board began, the territories were slowly built up by players creating the factions that make up what we have today. Some waxed, and some waned, and progressively it turned into what we have now. With such a vast member base, and people so devoted to the factions they reside within, the mad scramble for territory would be overwhelming. Dominions would be happening all over the place - and almost immediately following several more TAKEADRINKTEFKA's would pop up. The phrase 'mad scramble for power' comes to mind.
These are considerations I make just within the first five minutes of what I expect from a map reset, and the questions I have about how it would affect what has been already built. I also have not explored the various pages of this thread to find the answers, as I am inherently lazy.

[member="Akio Kahoshi"] I apologize my tone was misread. I meant it in the best regards, because you do have a solid opinion with claims that back up your opinions.

OOC tends to get heated for some reason and people tend to resort to attacking other members because of seniority or popularity with staff. Which the whole member of the month thing is picked on who is popular with the board if i remember correctly how the system works. From what I gathered with her post it was meant to show that new members can and do have a major effect with the community. People shouldn't leave because of a conversation about something that could possibly happen.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I don't think a map reset is inherently bad, nor is it inherently good. I believe it would be much more fun and tolerable if it was the consequence of a major galactic event rather than an arbitration without any in-character backing before the map wipe.

There's really not much else I can say, or I would expect anyone else to say. The opening post doesn't suggest, imply, or outright state why this poll was brought up beyond having new roleplaying opportunities - which pretty much could be said the same of anything meant to change the status quo. So to me, it just seems to be a question about the concept in general - hence my first paragraph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom