Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters
Give an IC reason and sure.

I really, really don't see an issue with this. Sometimes things don't go your way, and RP should constantly be open to things suddenly changing. Again, so long as there is an IC reason.

People hold onto the map like they do on characters. I'm one of them, honestly. But I think it's time for people to let go and enjoy a fresh start.

Man...

giphy.gif

This is just foolish. I never even heard of a stagnation issue until this day. Sides from the usual holiday inactives. I don't see the benefits. You say it will open up more opportunities for players? There are plenty of opportunities now!!!!!!!!!!. And in a years time we will be right back here looming over this reset button. Doesn't fix a thing.

sabrina

[member="Strider Garon"] Agreed a long term solution is needed either way, but I can also see why a map reset is appealing, though there should be compromise with it.

Opening the map so a bunch of flash in the pan factions could start up doesn't make sense to me. If they want to have their spot on the map then have them carve it out for themselves. "REBELLION". I can't stress that enough,

Its a hard choice. A really hard choice. A new start on the map has all kinds of possibilities, new enemies and new allies. We'll see some usual trends, no doubt the mainstream Sith and Jedi factions will have the most potential to grow the fastest. It can create some new conflicts, and lead to some old ones as well. I can also see where the hard work argument comes in, but I've always felt its a weak argument. My main concern is balance, and perhaps if we tweaked the rules after a reset on dominions or check ins we can make it more fair everyone.

Strider Garon said:
This is just foolish. I never even heard of a stagnation issue until this day.
You heard of Staggnation today but i think it was felt by players before this topic of map reset was brought up. Logging in making sure your still active in the faction, Domination and Invasion now and then to make it fun but in the end theirs no significant change to it all, there is no threat really to the structures or factions really.

A map reset is something i would say is not needed but merely wanted by the majority. Not because it gives a chance for other factions to rise or makes for good development of story but because sometimes its just good to have a change now and then even if its not permanent.

Renato Sarkin

R
Flash in the pan Factions?

How does this have anything to do with new factions who may or may not have a legitimate purpose? It does not benefit new factions in any way whether this is a map reset or not.

You people act like the Republic, One Sith, and Mandalorian factions are the entirety of the Chaos membership and nobody else matters. Like your opinions are the only ones worth considering.

To be honest I am perfectly ok with that. It has no impact on my RP experience. I can't get people to rp in threads they signed up for to post in them anyway and yet because YOUR threads are all gravy there is no stagnation problem.

If it were up to me I would wipe the map AND the factions major and minor just so all of you veteran players have to know what it feels like to be the little guy again scrapping and clawing just to be able to RP. Not to conquer the galaxy, no just to be able to get a thread finished.

New writers play hell trying to get going with no help from anyone not even Admins who support ideas OOC but when it comes to taking IC action do nothing unless it is for the veterans.

I have said this before and I will say it again. Chaos does not give a crap about anyone unless it is a current or former admin/RPJ. That will never change whether there is a map reset or not, whether one non admin sits into a "staff meeting" or 100 non admins sit in.

Renato Sarkin said:
Chaos does not give a crap about anyone unless it is a current or former admin/RPJ. That will never change whether there is a map reset or not, whether one non admin sits into a "staff meeting" or 100 non admins sit in.
To be fair, Chaos doesn't care about us either.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
I would be all for Rebellion rules as [member="Strider Garon"] and [member="Valiens Nantaris"] drafted them in Solutions

[member="Renato Sarkin"],

I strongly disagree with you on points of factions needing a wipe as well and "Chaos not giving a crap"

Renato Sarkin

R
To be fair, Chaos doesn't care about us either.
That was a very small part of my point but the fact that it is the only part you felt like commenting on pretty much proves my overall argument.

Renato Sarkin

R
I would be all for Rebellion rules as [member="Strider Garon"] and [member="Valiens Nantaris"] drafted them in Solutions

[member="Renato Sarkin"],

I strongly disagree with you on points of factions needing a wipe as well and "Chaos not giving a crap"
I didn't say factions needed a wipe I simply said I would support such a measure if it every came up.

The wonderful thing about having opinions is they do not require anyone to agree with them.

If I am to suffer a map reset, then lets do it right. The faction with the largest member base (OS) Should own the majority of the galaxy. Lets jump a few years into the future where the sith have successfully created a mighty empire with the map blobs to prove it. The Rest of us, including the mandos will have to fight our way through what ever means necessary to get our home back.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Skippy"],

This isn't about diminished ego or pride, this isn't about territory for me, this is about what loosing it brings among writers, I know writers who will actually leave the community because they would be forced into something they do not want to participate in if the planet they established ties with over roleplay can potentially be taken over by a faction they do not want to be part of. And to me loosing a writer, a friend, because of something to which an alternative can easily be drafted to avoid it, that's a negative that trumps all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom