Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters

Renato Sarkin

R
I voted on the fence.

Sure in theory it could create no RP opportunities but the very nature of what Chaos has become means simply that those opportunities would only be available to the older players while the newer players are still left off to the wayside. Which is the biggest cause of the stagnate feel to chaos to begin with.

As it is things like Dominions are simply treated as necessary evils rather than an integral part of the story by factions so does redoing them really matter. Factions will race to get the dominions at of the way to be able they have the most territory and the how and more importantly the why of having dominion over that planet or system still won't matter.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] - problem is, most of that's already been done with events. I'm sure [member="Tefka"] and the team have new ideas, though.

That said, it's gonna have to be pretty damn grand and innovative to beat Clockwork.

Qae Shena said:
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] - problem is, most of that's already been done with events. I'm sure [member="Tefka"] and the team have new ideas, though.

That said, it's gonna have to be pretty damn grand and innovative to beat Clockwork.
I'm sure between the people who are on Staff and such that they have the creative ability to beat an event.

Even if it didn't and met "par" or sub-par with some standards of other individuals - would it matter as a whole? Not really, as long as everyone had fun writing.

Writing and enjoying it is the end-game result that makes the difference.

Tefka said:
The conspiracy theorists probably already picked up on this, but in the same conference that we're discussing a map reset, we're discussing the next Galactic event.
I just think it would work out for both to be tied together and neat. Let's fire a Galaxy Gun and be done with it!

Darth Vornskr said:
This can only mean one thing.

Galactic Deathwing.

We're doomed.
Deathwing was so boring, why not just have a Burning Legion style group invade the Galaxy!

Demons who want to enslave all races, dark and light siders, subjecation and death. They want everyone dead or enslaved!

Strider Garon said:
Well, then whats the point in doing Invasions and Doms if we just end up losing our faction expansion in a year? Sorry If i am sounding a bit personal about this but I don't like wasting my efforts, my time on such threads if they will be all for nothing. Even right now these talks are killing my muse to do doms and continue on with the Campaign that i have drafted out against the OS. I know nothing has been "offically talked about" but i mean fek.

The Galaxy is getting full So lets Revisit the rebellion rules. Maybe with a full galaxy such will be more utilized. I personally loved the idea of rebellion and I even tried to have it implemented with in the Mandalorian Border with the Counts of Serreno. They just didn't get enough traction.

Increase the Min unique membership activity to keep Major Faction Status.

The problem comes in not the fact that we will gain more opportunities for roleplay, but rather the course of if actions will be massively altered. You need a reason, an in character reason for empires like the mandalorians or the fringe disappearing. Then you have if rulers like widek's who was put there by the site. If you do a map reset, you need an ic event like another plague to justify the loss of contact with worlds to such a degree.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
End of the day, we're here to have fun; to make new friends, make new allies/enemies in fiction and just enjoy escaping RL for as long as we can.

If we need a reset for everyone to start new ventures, take new chances and try new things that they wouldn't, then why not.

The second fictional planets and systems start to annoy people who feel they have "ownership" and can't see it's all just irrelevant fun, then it loses part of what Chaos is about I feel.

Just my opinion. A reset wouldn't mean the end of anyone's hard work etc, it would just be a nice chance to give everyone, new and old, new chances to make new allies and enemies.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Yeah, I think this thread solidifies my point: this whole thing already feels like a Clockwork Round 2, and I remember how upset people got at losing all that territory in an event.

I feel like doing a total reset on a similar basis is just a bad idea, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom