Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters

sabrina

I am on the fence, but if there is a reset. I think if their was a reset, I think each major faction should have some resembles something to reflect there current size. Even though it would be vastly reduced, but it should be reflected.

I agree with [member="Glyph"] . If there was a valid reasoning behind a massive wipe, then it would be far easier to get on board. In the end this is an RP board, and in my opinion, if people wan't to stagnate and not do anything with their factions, let them. If they don't want to RP, other people can take their influence from them. In the end, a wipe would only really give the already active and powerful factions benefits. Both OOCly and ICly I dont see how this would better RP, since I personally think that should be the ultimate objective.

I voted for, and I'm an FL.

Why? Sure, I can see opportunities with the current map, and sure the work put in by everyone is definitely to be considered, but the number of opportunities to be beheld with a clearing of the map are just too phenomenally huge to ignore. And interpersonal and inter-faction roleplay is very much about opportunity.

I have to confess, I've been in a state in recent weeks where just about all I see around me is targets. That's great, but there's a reason why - stagnation of factions. Activity for a lot of factions has been in a downturn or has stalled. There's almost nowhere to go now and if you want to get anywhere, you have to destroy someone... which isn't for everyone for a multitude of reasons, personal and otherwise. I can understand wanting to hold onto things, but that's where stagnancy comes from. People are often too concerned with keeping what they have to truly risk it.

Resets carry another huge risk as well. I've been through a timeline reset before, and the board I was on lost a lot of people from that. This will cause loss of members as well, guaranteed. It all comes down to being able to see opportunity, and whether the opportunities outweigh the risks.

In the end, I'm for whatever comes... so long as the custom planets remain on the map.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Strider Garon"],

I'm with Strider on this one, I joined this board because of its persistence, because if I helped to shape a territory I would be able to look at those planets and say "I was there, I helped to fight over them" if I wanted to build something and then reset just to start all over again I would spend time on Minecraft instead of here, not to mention others around me with whom I worked to establish the RP scene they are in who would be affected by the reset.

HK-36 said:
[member="Strider Garon"],

I'm with Strider on this one, I joined this board because of its persistence, because if I helped to shape a territory I would be able to look at those planets and say "I was there, I helped to fight over them" if I wanted to build something and then reset just to start all over again I would spend time on Minecraft instead of here, not to mention others around me with whom I worked to establish the RP scene they are in who would be affected by the reset.
Better hope ASA doesn't steak naboo after the map wipe... bethy will quit for sure.

If Chaos goes through with this then really there won't be no incentive to continue on as a Major faction. Say it happens this week, you reset the map with some major excuse of an event (Which has not been thought out of or sold on us). So the members will just have to roll with it to battle stagnation. Then in a year or two the map is full again. Most likely the same factions. Then people queen cause there is no room and they want a reset. So we press that damn button again and everyone loses out what they worked for a second time and then on and on. This is not a solution. its just a quick short sighted fix.

Fence.

Faction leader, advisor, former faction leader, and all-around idiot chiming in.

Tef, while I appreciate you wanting a simple yes or no answer, here, I don't think enough information is one the table as to how, when, where. or why this is going on. AS a faction leader of the Black Suns, I appreciate the chance to start from the top, and could work it into my storyline. That being said, I'm certain a lot of my members would be upset by the work they've put in on dominions and methods. I mean, the IC reasoning behind all this matters, and it's gonna need good justification if you want people to go with it.

So, my answer is basically "I need more info before I'm settled." Dunno what else to tell ya.

Summon out-of-galaxy demon things or something. Have them terrorize everyone.
Wipe the map.
Watch as we rise from the ruins better than before.
It's all about the story. It's always been about the story, the writing, the characters.
I say go for it. No matter what happens... we'll always find a new story to tell. Something we won't mind spending hours on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom