Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about a map reset?

How do you feel about a Map Reset?

• Total voters

Renato Sarkin

R
Every thread has "that guy", lol.
Hey you can call me "that guy" if you want and dismiss me because I refuse to kiss the asses of a bunch of writers and staff. I will wear that badge proudly knowing that the people who have everything are twisting in the wind at the chances of losing something in fear of it being somebody else's gain.

I gain or lose nothing no matter what you do as I have nothing to lose and as a newer writer to chaos gain nothing anyway.

[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin said:
If it were up to me I would wipe the map AND the factions major and minor just so all of you veteran players have to know what it feels like to be the little guy again scrapping and clawing just to be able to RP. Not to conquer the galaxy, no just to be able to get a thread finished.
Invidia.

HK-36 said:
I know writers who will actually leave the community because they would be forced into something they do not want to participate in if the planet they established ties with over roleplay can potentially be taken over by a faction they do not want to be part of
I'm going to go ahead and re-iterate, in a way, what I just told the Staff team tonight.

The map pales in comparison to what this community is. This community survives without the map. The map is a bonus.

We don't do what we do for the people who will leave. We do what we do for the people who remain behind.

So if anyone's part in this negotiation is "Well, if X happens, I will leave" - show 'em the door.

[member="Renato Sarkin"] your just being belligerent for no reason. This is a discussion, yeah it can be a bit excitable, but there is no reason or rhyme to be calling out the very people that have created this very site for your enjoyment. I may disagree with them at this very moment, but thats what discussion is for. Its not to badger them or anyone. Its to get opinions across and work our way through it.

[member="Renato Sarkin"]
It's a type of video card.

In any case, you seem to forget that every one of these 'veterans' were newbies once. When I started OP with Cira back in May '13 we had 3 planets and that's it.

Don't despise veterans because they have worked for and achieved something, else someone will pull the same accusation on you in 6 months.

I am against a map reset, certainly against a full one. I can see the reasons of all sides here, but I think it's far too early to start with the big sweeping changes. I favour overhauling the Rebellion and other rules first to break the stalemate before resorting to anything too dramatic.

Renato Sarkin

R
[member="Renato Sarkin"] your just being belligerent for no reason. This is a discussion, yeah it can be a bit excitable, but there is no reason or rhyme to be calling out the very people that have created this very site for your enjoyment. I may disagree with them at this very moment, but thats what discussion is for. Its not to badger them or anyone. Its to get opinions across and work our way through it.
While I am not going to argue whether or not my actions are belligerent my reasoning is very clear and does exist. It is simply based on how it is always the people who feel they have the most too lose that are the most vocal about how unfair a proposed action may be and how one sided their reasons for so viciously refusing to accept such actions.

So you have to redo a few dominions........ so freaking what. So you have to postpone your one man war against another faction for a week or two.......... so freaking what. What is it going to cost you that you were not already paying anyway.

Nothing, absolutely nothing. You are just worried that one of these flash in the pan factions is going to steal your thunder you crave so much. That just maybe your faction will not be as big or as popular anymore.

But hey I am just a belligerent fool anyway so why does it matter what I say.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
[member="Renato Sarkin"] - I have no major affiliation. I have absolutely nothing to lose.

But I've seen a lot of factions rise. I've seen a fair few fall, as well. I do know that a lot of people work very hard for their little map blobs and are proud of it. It tells plot. It's the stories told in the dominions and invasions, it's the stories told in the aftermath. There are so many stories told before and after that it's important. Some people will lose a lot of hard work for situations out of their hands.

And you know what? I agree. Losing that would be a tragedy.

I can see [member="Strider Garon"] and [member="HK-36"] points, as I'm sure others do as well. Having that map is definitely a symbol, for a good majority the factions now, of accomplishments; it shows progress.

However, I can see why [member="Tefka"] and the rest of the staff have come up with the idea of reseting it. Just spices things up a bit, and sometimes change and a new start is a good direction to go in.

There's pros and cons to both sides. If things do end up staying the same, I would hope the Rebellion aspect is brought up to be much more than it was; so that it kind of balances things out, and gives everyone an opportunity to compete in this doggy dog galaxy that belongs to chaos.

Though personally, I really don't mind change. I trust the staff completely.

Renato Sarkin

R
[member="Renato Sarkin"]

In any case, you seem to forget that every one of these 'veterans' were newbies once. When I started OP with Cira back in May '13 we had 3 planets and that's it.

Don't despise veterans because they have worked for and achieved something, else someone will pull the same accusation on you in 6 months.

I am against a map reset, certainly against a full one. I can see the reasons of all sides here, but I think it's far too early to start with the big sweeping changes. I favour overhauling the Rebellion and other rules first to break the stalemate before resorting to anything too dramatic.
[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Ok I don't see how a video card relates to anything I have said which is the source of my confusion. Also from my point of view which I realize has no meaning I don't despise veteran's. What I loath is the point of view that the veteran's as a group keeping in mind I have not mentioned any specific names seem to have forgotten they were once newbies.

I could list pages of wtf moments in dealing with more veteran players in several aspects of chaos where there was an opportunity to foster a positive experience in and out of character where a veteran replied with a response of "hey I was tossed in the deep in without a life vest and so sink or swim."

[member="Renato Sarkin"]
It's about the story, bruh. Some of us care about losing work. But a lot of us don't. Me? I don't give a flying *BEEP* about having to redo dominions. I don't care about a 'flash in the pan' taking some of what we lost. Because if they did... that means they aren't a 'flash in the pan' after all. No. That means that they're proving themselves. Which is a hella good thing. The reason a lot of these people are against it is because of the stories they built around these planets. Characters from those planets joined these factions because they owned the world. Some people incorporated that sort of thing into their backstories. Others have plots that were built around a certain government owning the planets.

This isn't about Veterans worrying about being replaced. It's about people getting concerned that the plots they've been building up are going to crumble around them without a good excuse.

'Little guys' would be losing things to. Some of these people that are starting out are using these planets for stories. Others are just building up their faction or group or whatever and this will set them back weeks or months. You're right, the little guys have to fight when they first come out. For them to repeat that would be unfortunate. Bigger a faction is, the more likely they'll be able to recover from a map reset. But the little guys? Those kick-ass factions that are still growing? They'll suffer. Some will pull through it but others won't.

Just don't think that the veterans don't give a crap about the little guys. Don't think that we've all forgotten what it was like to be brand-spanking new and wondering where the hell to start. Don't think that no one is listening. You don't have to shout to get attention. Not here.

Renato Sarkin

R
Hey a map wipe in my case costs me not only the entire purpose of both my remaining characters and the entire point of my "Rebellion" based faction concept that created opportunities for not only fleeting but a wealth of new NFU opportunities. But hey the work I put into two characters and a faction concept doesn't matter because I have only been working on them for a few weeks instead of a few years.

Still I am at least willing to consider that loss for the greater good of hearing out a map wipe. Which apparently makes me belligerent for no reason instead of just being adaptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom