Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Hostile Takeover | Neshtab Crisis Part II | Empire vs GA (Neshtab/Quesaya)

hammerandanvil.jpg

"Here they come."

Senator Dominique Vexx's lips thinned before the forward view was filled with the color of destruction. Reports of ship and weapon status filled the bridge as she stood there watching. It was the curse of being who she was -- someone of authority and power, able to commend legions, and yet having no skill herself in the efforts made by those she commanded. She was the one that said they would be there. She was the one that said they would hold. All she could give them was the unflappable, statuesque appearance of a Senator that knew what needed done. Everything else, she was forced to leave in their hands. All the responsibility, but none of the ability to do anything about it from here on out.

"Shields holding!"

"Bring weapons to bear on the lead vessel. Concentrate fire! If they begin to move out of position, remind them to stay in their lane."

It seemed the Imperial forces (Abeodan Charidot , Ignacious Korvan Ignacious Korvan ) were on approach now, and the Admiral was making sure the enemy didn't cut off their ability to... strategically withdrawal when the time came. Vexx could appreciate that. Not how you convinced your enemy to be where you wanted them, but in some way it was likely how a Senator corralled others into making the 'right' decision.

With a sweep of her left hand to keep her coat from flaring too wide, Dominique turned on the spot and strode straight toward the Communication station. "Hail the unidentified fleet."

"This is Senator Dominique Vexx of Denon and the Galactic Alliance aboard the SDS Apollyon,"
her crystlline voice boomed despite the background noise of battle. "The Imperial Fleet intends to claim Neshtab for its own and eliminate all sentient life that opposes them or their allies below. We shall deny them such a decisive victory. As it has been some time since we last conversed, I ask only that you inform us presently if your objectives in this system have changed." Regulations be damned, it only made sense for her to assume the enemy was somehow listening. The Alliance couldn't even be sure which frequency this unknown fleet ( T The Hallowed ) used. Assuming they used a form of communication anything like their own. So, it was better if the Imperials believed these unknown vessels were part of a coordinated assault by the Alliance. Presentation and appearances were everything even in war, or so Vexx was beginning to understand.

While awaiting a response -- if they deigned give one -- some good news surfaced with Starbirds and Starfighters ( Cynthia Alucard Cynthia Alucard ) entering the combat zone. If nothing else they could help screen enemy fighters pelting their capital ships, which would keep them all alive a great deal longer.

Tag Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | Ashkur Kilslee

wipethemout.jpg

The Empire
501st Legion
Special Forces
Corvallis Tavlar Corvallis Tavlar | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

X5Yx2PB.png
The authorisation from ORACLE came as no surprise and prompted little reaction from the Stormtrooper who had recently been forced to turn her weapon on Imperial citizens in the name of the greater good. She cared little for the morality of her actions but there was no denying the discomfort she felt pulling the trigger on someone she had vowed to protect. Today, she doubted she would feel such apprehension.

"Can't you find another place to stand? I'm getting a little too familiar with you over here." She whispered to the trooper who was practically standing shoulder to shoulder with her. "I would if I could but I'm not exactly spoiled for choice." He replied. "Yeah, they don't make ravines like they used to." She responded but the pair were interrupted and their gazes lifted towards the gesture of one of the accompanying knights whom she immediately recognised.

The call for silence prompted her to slowly lean to the side until she was practically touching helmets with the trooper beside her, where she whispered "Who put the Knights in charge anyway?" She asked, half-joking. She held no real hostility towards any of the other branches of the Empire but there would always be a healthy dose of underlying rivalry and if even her squadron weren't spared from her teasing then there was no chance others would be.

Silence fell over them in the moments following as they waited for the inevitable command. With each moment, they grew more tense, poised to attack when the command finally came.

Emerging from their cover, the troopers fell into formation behind the Knights and returned fire under their protection which grew more stretched upon the fall of one of the three. The troopers knew they needed to act fast while they had the opportunity to do so, to protect the lives of their allies.

Responding to Corvallis' calls for return fire, she aimed her weapon as he commanded, not that she could see well enough to know any better. "We can't expect the Knights to hold this up for long." She told the troopers beside her. "Hit them hard and fast." She was in no real place to be giving commands but she vocalising the obvious.

wipethemout.jpg

R A V E N
THE EMPIRE
CAVES | NESHTAB
ALLIES: Michael Barran Michael Barran | FN-999 | Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra | TE
ENEMIES: Ironhide Ironhide | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | GA | NJO
ENGAGING: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
GEAR: Armour | Pistol | Rifle | Vibroblade | Vibroknife | Grenade loadout
irondiv.png

banner5.png

ATRIUM

The damn tunnels were too quiet.

It didn't sit well with her. The moment Viki stepped ahead of her, Mischa grabbed hold of her elbow.
"It's too quiet, Vik. We're likely walking into an ambush." she said.
Viki's visor looked at her for a heartbeat. Then her voice crackled on the team comms.
<Hey Blue, maybe we should slow down and scope out properly, yeah? It's a bit quiet, innit?>
Gerard halted the squad as he looked back at Viki.
<We getting paranoid now, Calsey?> he asked her jokingly. <But all right.>

But fate had other plans that intercepted their Sergeant's one.
<Aiden, Calsey, how about...> he started as he turned back to look down the tunnel, but his sentence was cut off abruptly as a dark smoking hole appeared in his chest before his body crumpled to the ground.
<MOVE!> Mischa ordered the squad as she rushed to Gerard's still form, dragging him to at least some cover against the cave-wall before she removed his helmet.
"Take...out...sniper, M-m-misch." he barely stammered as he gripped her cuirass.
She gave him a nod, not trusting her voice in that moment.
It was Ilum all over again where she had lost her previous Staff-Sergeant. Just like now, he had given one final order before he had exhaled his last breath.

She gripped her rifle as she looked down the tunnel, all doubts about her allegiance out the door.
<Korrina, Blue's gone. We are dealing with a sniper. Give me some cover, but stay low. I'm gonna make a run for it. We need to take him out.> she told Viki.
<You better not be taking an afternoon jog. We can only give you so much cover.> her friend said.
<Got it. I'll make that run on your word. Just heads-up - I'm gonna fling a flash down the tunnel.>
<Bet.>
Within a minute, heavy bolts came flying down the tunnel in the direction from where that sniper shot had come.
<Run like you've never run before, Raven.> came Mischa's cue.
<Got it. Visors!> she warned her squad.

Whoever was at the other end of that rifle was going to pay for their cowardice. In a swift motion, the flash grenade was flung down the tunnel to at least give her a headstart while her own visor darkened over to shield her against the disorienting flash.

And then she made that sprint.

wipethemout.jpg

Starlin’s danger sense flared, and to his amazement a missile crashed into the cave ceiling, sending a shower of rocks down upon his men. He managed to seize some of the larger pieces of debris, tossing them toward the Imps. But what the hell was up with that missile? The angle it had hit at was unnatural.

Looks like my Knight in shining armor has arrived,” he muttered. Glancing at his surviving troops, he shrugged. “Uh, keep shooting! I’m gonna go get the one who lobbed that missile at us.

While the soldiers continued to fire at the enemy forces, Starlin began to make his way across the cavern, lightsaber and shoto in each hand. Eventually he spied them. Two Knights—well, one Knight, as he watched the other be taken down by blaster fire.

Picking up a large boulder with the Force, Starlin lobbed it at the remaining Sir, more to get his attention than anything else. (Although if it did squish him, that would save him some time…) He waggled his fingers in a come-hither gesture, grinning broadly.

FN-999

F

wipethemout.jpg

908th Legion - "The Reborn"

TUNNELS OF NESHTAB - APPROACHES TO THE ROYAL HIVE

Manpower: 11786/12000
Objective: III
Allies: Empire | Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra | Michael Barran Michael Barran | etc.
Enemies: GA & Pariah Legion | Ironhide Ironhide | TBD
Intent to Engage: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Equipment: Sniper | Rifle | Shotgun | Pistol | Flamethrower

The 908th vanguard emerged right behind a Pariah company.
They opened fire in unison, wreaking havoc on their flanked foes. Half the company had been mowed down before the survivors returned fire, taking shelter behind whatever they could find. Outnumbered and outmaneuvered, they were a desperate lot. The 908th advanced confidently forwards, mowing down the Pariahs in their path and then staging from the very points of cover their foes had just used.

It was over in under five minutes.

[Tunnel 3 chokepoint secured.] stated a nearby lieutenant as he hastily put new rounds into his shotgun.

[Good.] replied FN-999 over his comms. [Only five to go. Let's keep movin-.]

All of a sudden, it felt as someone had thrown a titanium hammer at his bare chest.

[We've got company.] gasped out the Baron as a sharp pang of pain flowed through his torso.

Sniper.

The bullet had shattered the central plate of his chest armor, exposing his stomach and the upper half of his belly to hostile fire. Fortunately, the bullet had lodged itself firmly in FN-999's armor instead of his abdomen, and the object currently piercing him was a blunt piece of shrapnel that happened to contain the disarmed bullet inside. Falling onto one knee, the Baron let his troops cover him as he reached down and ripped the chunk out of his flesh.

The wound was wide, but it was not deep and so there was relatively little blood loss.

In short, the Baron could wait to treat himself until the battlefield cleared without having to fear organ failure.

For now, he was pissed far more than he was hurting.

[I'm moving in.] stated FN-999.

Before any of his subordinates could object, FN-999 adjusted his ROCKET and blasted forwards. For a few seconds, he enjoyed the sensation of weightlessness as he launched up near the roof of the tunnel meters above, watching the renewed battle unfold below. Without the flanking advantage the 908th had previously, the fighting was far more intense, with both sides digging in and inflicting casualties on each other.

The flash of a rifle barely gave him enough warning to swerve to the side before a bullet soared past him, slamming into the roof above. In an instant, FN-999 traced the flash with his helmet's infrared sensors. It came from a Gruag in old Sith legionary armor, kneeling on an elevated platform with an Imperial-issue Angry Owl sniper rifle in his hands.

Little did the unfortunate Pariah know that he was facing down one of the key members of the LS-1 design team.

The Baron withdrew his own Angry Owl from his waist belt and aimed it at the sniper in midair, firing a shot directly at the Graug's helmet. It shattered in an instant, sending the being tumbling backwards. Still, that was not the end of the Pariah. The LS-1 had been designed as a light sniper rifle, versatile and reliable but lacking in punch compared to other models. Had the Graug sniper shot the Baron with an IL-25X, he'd probably be bleeding out in a field hospital instead of merely suffering a shrapnel wound.

It was with this knowledge that FN-999 fired a second shot. This time, the bolt lodged itself firmly in the Graug's skull, instantly draining the life from the sniper. Vaguely realizing that he was about to hit the roof of the tunnel, the Baron descended to the ground.

Only to land directly in front of three Pariahs.

FN-999 let out a sigh, and then got to work.

He swung his Angry Owl towards the lightest armored Graug and fired a shot at his chest, sending him reeling backwards. The second Graug lunged at him with a vibroblade, which he blocked with the length of the Angry Owl before thrusting upwards to parry the Pariah's blow. He shoved the staggered Pariah in front of the third in the group just in time to absorb the shells of his semi-automatic shotgun, which at such close range instantly killed the being. Realizing what he had done, the Graug fearfully loaded another shell, fumbling extensively as he struggled to stay focused on the threat in front of him and not the fact that he had just killed his own comrade.

In the end, it was not enough, as the Baron had exchanged his Angry Owl for his SFP-60x and shot him in the skull from two meters away, instantly dropping the Pariah.

His attention swung to the third Pariah, who was on his hands and knees, still coping with the bullet digging into his chest.

"I surrender!!" cried the Graug. "Please! Don't kill me! I have a family, I have pe-"

FN-999 slammed his armored foot onto the Pariah's torso, fresh blood escaping his open wound as he screamed out in agony.

"Do you think I give a damn about what you think?" retorted the Baron. "Do you?"

"Please." repeated the Graug weakly.

As FN-999 stared down at the pitiful being beneath him, his mind suddenly travelled to a place far removed from the caves of Neshtab.

Ten years ago. Siege of Bastion. Sith tratiors, Sith rivals. Too many good men dead. Far too many good men dead.

The Baron slammed a fist into the Graug's face, instantly shattering his nose and renewing his cries of pain.

Too many dead. Urban hell. Catastrophic battle. Dosuun.

A second fist connected with the Pariah's jaw, shattering it and several teeth.

Dosuun, the place where everything had begun to fall apart. The descent of the alien barbarians onto the grand capital of the First Order, desecrating it beyond repair.

A quartet of fingers tore the Graug's eyes into mush.

Harris, Ion, and Questis slain at the hands of the reptilian brutes.

A boot bent its skull inwards.

A third fist took out most of the remaining teeth and tore the tongue to shreds.

Dosuun had been in flames. It only made sense to return the favor.

FN-999 withdrew his leg from the mongrel, pulled out his flamethrower, and opened fire.

Oh, how
good it felt. To see the mongrel, the beast, the monster of a thousand sacks and a thousand raids burning to a crisp. Flesh melting just as that of so many good men that day. A vengeance two decades in the making, a bloody domination, an absolution of an ever-present nightmare. It was pure ecstasy.

That was until a pair of hands pulled him away.

FN-999 instinctively swung around, hand just above the trigger of the flamethrower, only to be faced by a man in Imperial armor.

"Nines!! Nines!! It's over! It's okay, it's over now. We took the field."

Lieutenant Colonel Bigfoot stared his superior down, keeping his hands on the Baron's shoulders.

"You killed him, he's dead. No need to waste any more time on him."

The Baron turned back, startled to realize that the Pariah was little more than a puddle of blood and a few scattered bones with charred flesh hanging off. Had he imagined the whole encounter? No, it wasn't possible. He still held his flamethrower, which felt lighter than it did when he first equipped it. Which only meant.

"I must've... I must've had an episode." confessed FN-999. "One moment, I had him on the ground, and the next... he was... I was on Ba... I was on Dosuun again. During the Fall."

"Oh god." muttered Bigfoot, gripping the Baron tighter. "We need to get you to the field hospital. You're in no condition mentally to lead from the front."

"Nonsense." replied the Baron bitterly. "If I don't lead from the front, my men will lose their faith. We need every advantage we can get here. Remember, I'm the CO here."

"I really hate it when you pull that on me." scolded Bigfoot. "We're tight, aren't we? Can't we treat each other with respect? You're the smartest commander I know, but sometimes you can be an absolute idiot."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." conceded FN-999. "I'm working on it, I really am. My therapist says I'm making progress. Anyways, we don't have time to deliberate much further. Let's finish this job."

"Fine." concluded Bigfoot. "Just as a FYI, we've picked up an Alliance-affiliated freighter landing in the cave entrances above us nearby. I've sent a company up to deal with them."

"Thank you. For everything."

"Hey, I'm just trying to be a good friend."

hammerandanvil.jpg

OBJECTIVE 1: HAMMER AND ANVIL
TAGS: OBJECTIVE 1 MARINES
T The Hallowed

In hindsight Minerva Fhirdiad never expected she would be defending a strange moon like this. Yet here she is with a squad of Alliance marines taking positions on the opposite end of this landing zone's entrance. While several marines were setting whatever materials as a makeshift barricade the Mandalorian covered them with their other squad-mates. This whole station was downright weird from its style, its functions and the inhabitants themselves. She shook her head, just recalling how they passed by some of the cultists just minutes ago.

Well at least they're not fighting us. Best to enjoy our fortune in that regard at least.

Through the T-Visor she looked out to the empty landing zone yards away. It won't be long before the Imperials arrive. Minerva's eyes narrowed at the thought. The Empire's heirs were more than capable fighters she admitted but Minerva had grown to detested them ever since the disastrous summit with her people at Kestri. They should've never been allowed there in the first place.

It doesn't matter to me if they weren't looking for a fight nor fired those first shots at our ships. They still snuck in troops disguised in Mandalorian armor planning who knows what until they were confronted. Their very presence endangered our families and children at the time. Not to mention I haven't forgotten what the arrogant trooper said to me during the ceasefire when we reminded them they were in our territory.

"Mandalore's a dozen of a thousand lightyears from here last I checked, kid." he tapped his helmet with a knuckle, a sly smirk tugging the veteran's lips, "Check your nav."

Those words more than anything boiled her blood even now. It was a foul taunt, reminding her that Mandalore was under the Empire's banner and most of her people were displaced from it. Gritting her teeth underneath the helm, she thought.

The Imperials will never be satisfied until they have the galaxy under their heels. They believe we should feel honored to become their pets. That anyone who doesn't do as they pleased deserves be punished or even purged.

Believing all this, Minerva's resolve was renewed. Yes she was only one Mandalorian warrior acting on her own initiative but her mind was made up long before this moment. The Empire must pay for their arrogance. Her thoughts were interrupted when the marine sergeant answered a com message from their Brotherhood allies.

"Copy we're in position."

Focusing back on the platform some distance away Minerva suppressed a sigh. She had been waiting for a battle to start. Next to her the barricade was more or less set up with a heavy repeater in the center.

"Alright marines get ready here comes the Imps."

Sure enough they all felt the vibration of the station's guns blasting away and saw the incoming shuttles and cruisers above providing covering fire.

At the Brotherhood champion's command on all defenders Minerva nodded. The time has finally come. Half a minute later an Imperial AEG flew toward the platform. Wanting to commence the first strike the armored warrior lowered her blaster and instead aimed her jetpack just as it descended. Suddenly a missile whizzed out of the pack's top and sped for the transport.

Moments later the cockpit exploded and engulfed much of the transport in flames before crashing onto the center of the platform with a second explosion. The marines cheered at the sight but another AEG followed in, blasted away with cannons forcing several to cover and few were killed or wounded. Minerva ducked down before hearing the gunship land with a thud followed by the sound of stormtrooper boots.

Quickly the marine squad exchanged fire with the invaders. Getting up Minerva aimed down the sights and pulled the trigger. Three bolts struck a stormtrooper center mass but he only paused before a fourth bolt cut through his neck and collapsed sideways. The firefight raged on with growing intensity by both sides as the AEG ascended and unleashed its firepower.

Ducking again she dodged several bolts before firing back but a marine next to her wasn't as fortunate as she flew back with a hole in her gut.

"Take down that gunship!" The Weequay sergeant exclaimed before another marine aimed a rocket launcher and fired. The missile flew with a whine but the gunship took evasive action and launched counter-measures that destroyed the projectile. The marine with the launcher was struck in the face and dropped dead.

Minerva cursed in her adopted tongue before an idea occurred to her.

"Cover me, I'll take care of that thing!" She told her allies before launching herself up via jetpack.

Rocketeering she spin and evaded the gunship's murderous barrage while the marines fought the advancing Imperials. Subsequently she maneuvers to the left side before ramming herself through the gunship's glass and shattering it as she rolled onto the floor. The pilot and co-pilot were too stunned by what just happened before Minerva drew her dual pistol blasting both.

The gunship lost control and veered away from the platform. Swifty Minerva flew out leaving the transport to cash on the rocks below. Then she turned her full attention to the surviving Imperials on the platform. She dived, firing on them from above, disrupting their advance and soon the marines finished them off within a few minutes.

Then she landed back at the damaged barricade where the medic was tending to the wounded with some help. The sergeant smiled a toothy grin.

"Not bad Mando, not bad at all."

"Well you Alliance folks allow me to help kill Imps so I say we're even on that score." She said in answer.

The sergeant's grin fell.

"We're not out of this mess yet. Those were just the initial waves."

Let them come. Minerva thought to herself but didn't say out loud. She wasn't done spilling Imperial blood just yet.

Last edited:

wipethemout.jpg

Neshtab
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Dionus Bharro Dionus Bharro

"They're coming."

"I can hear them, too. How many of them do you think there are?"

"Too many for the forward choke points, it seems..."

Valery heard the voices of the soldiers behind her and finally spoke up herself, her voice calm and projecting both confidence and strength that she hoped would inspire hope. "Stand your ground and stay in position." All around her, she had helped direct a solid defensive line with heavy repeating blasters, a few small turrets, and plenty of regular riflemen. In the rear on slightly elevated platforms of ice she had created, snipers and their spotters were waiting as well.

Those who would enter this tunnel first were walking straight into hell.

"Imperial Knights will be leading the way to provide their men with cover, so hit them with those turrets," she instructed, knowing that the heavier bolts couldn't be reflected back that easily, and were often far too overwhelming to block at all if they were fired in great numbers. "Snipers and heavy repeating weapons to pick off the lines behind that, and the rest of you..." She glanced over her shoulder and flashed a confident smirk.

"Hit them with everything you got."

Turning her eyes forward again, Valery drew the hilt of her double-bladed weapon into her hand. She had chosen it because it would allow her to provide a lot of cover, and especially in the days of the Old Republic, it had been her preferred weapon for dueling too. Finally, she just waited and closed her eyes while her senses expanded out into the caves to feel the enemy approaching with all of their hatred and vile intent.

She feared there would be no honor or respect in this battle.

"Here they come," Valery said, right before two violet blades ignited from the emitters of her weapon, and as soon as the enemy entered their tunnel, her plan would be executed, starting with the opening salvos of the turrets.

blackout.jpg

niosmol.png

Objective: OBJECTIVE 2: BLACKOUT;
Besiege the mountain stronghold to capture or kill the key persons of interest.
Tags: Open to SIA, ISB, Special Forces
(Open for engagement).

I hate these arrogant brats, always ready to show off their.. Skills. EC-644-21 would think, still mapping the current confrontations and the "battlefield"'s terrain maps. It was a snowy day on the Mont Issus, as always on Neshtab. It didn't make it easier for the Empire's forces to besiege the Fort Netus.

EC-644-21 couldn't resist to the urge of going into expedition mission, to get a clear and advanced view of the upcoming battlefield. He only noticed small confrontations and was pretty close to get busted, if it wasn't for his enhanced senses. He did create a good map from memory, which he wrote back in the cheap outpost he was positioned in.

A pretty bad thing first, they had the high ground on our forces, and a efficiently defendable position. EC-644-21 would then take his
CSR-50i Slugthrower Sniper Rifle adjusted with a Bipod, using it to find and place any enemy garrisons or squads and planify more advanced attacks.

Isn't attack the best defense afterall?

Last edited:
3RD POST
QvL5iYm.png

MJafGl9.jpg

THE NESTAB CRISIS II: HOSTILE TAKEOVER
-AN AGE OF STRIFE STORY-

QvL5iYm.png

LeFSBlm.png

CAIRN_ONE
RINGLEADER OF THE PELLAEONIST CLIQUE
WARDEN OF THE IMPERIAL KNIGHTS
DRUID-GRANDMASTER OF THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
y8BqXr9.png

Tags (Friendlies): Dionus Bharro Dionus Bharro Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra FN-999 Corvallis Tavlar Corvallis Tavlar
Katja Javik Katja Javik Lily Stevens Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin Garris Corrack Mischa Korvan Mischa Korvan

Tags (OPFOR): Ironhide Ironhide Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Valery Noble Valery Noble
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau Alicio Organa Alicio Organa
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Orson Velus Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek

QvL5iYm.png

QvL5iYm.png

BORN OF BRIGHT STARS VI: DANCING WITH ETERNITY - PART 3
ZpBBN8C.png
OLD-TOWN DISTRICT, DRASTARRA,
BATTLEFRONT: EAST, NESHTAB (SPRING 878 ABY)

FZnw84e.jpg
QvL5iYm.png

'Intuitive that your pain already knows to associate itself with me.'

With clear curiosity, the lethal, power-wielding beauty who stood against the Druid was smiling.

Warning of a deeply mischievous mindset that suited her subtle, stealthy ways to troublesome effect.
And throughout the moments of recognition, continuing on throughout his request for a name, the smile remained, wickedly holding in a fearless promise of violence at a moment's notice. Waiting for the Woad to make the first move, the first step or lunge, waiting for the Bloodhound's brother to prove his worth against a warrior who had never been so close to achieving glories normally reserved for rivalling Goidels, and with the highly-coveted title of,"Barrans' Bane", it would not be long before Ashina's name was etched across the walls of eternity itself.

'A nickname?'

Much like the sagas on the frozen walls of the community park, Ishida's legendary name alone would carry for centuries if Lord Michael perished that night, and with the seemingly-imperishable flames of the lanterns adorning the four corners of the near-stadium sized enclosure around them, the nightly dark they were keeping at bay seemed all the more deathly as the cloud-covered sun steadily receded beyond and below the mountaintops in the west. This would be a danger unlike any he ever faced before, and to an extent that perhaps even his own feud with the Dathomiri Sith Lords paled in comparison to the danger Lord Michael was in by then, something new of the likes the Wanderer knew he would need to face someday; and though his relationship with readiness was a rocky thing at best, and though it would have benefitted Barran greatly to be prepared for such a fight, the Woad was trapped in the makeshift arena with the Atrisian whether he liked it or not.

'Fun.'

Seeing the smirk, Lord Michael couldn't help but succumb to the infectious nature of it, and being of a smirking clan from a smirking culture, it was almost as infectious as a yawn by then. Even despite the clear threat aligning her attacking-rhythm to his own, clashing and holding Ashla's Arbiter against the curved quick of the Druid's very own Mountainsong, Barran couldn't help but acknowledge the benefit of detaching from the intensity that drives each given fight, lightening up a little at the fact others had, were at the time, and would die in ways much worse than their own demises under the circumstances. After all, whenever Force-Wielders of Lord Michael's sort were asked what was preferable, they always said it was better to die a quick, clean death than to perish in slow, excruciating pain, and even better to die cleanly against warriors of great renown and repute alike.

And when he saw the lantern-light illuminate the cold surfaces of both swords in their second clash of the fight, an increasing sense of old Taro's yin-and-yang could be felt in the equally-applied force from both perspectives, intensifying the joy of the moment in ways he never thought would be possible in such circumstances. Starting something of a recurrence within the fight itself, for many duelling firsts for the Woad would occur as the clash progressed, and many new plateaus of excellence would be discovered and shared between himself and the Atrisian as a result of the sensations and revelations discovered therein.

'You should know me by my deeds.'

To anyone else, that phrase would have rung as a banal, introductory statement, like that which precedes an attempted great-endeavour, but to the Wanderer's ears, there seemed to be a meaning and hidden knowledge in her wording, secreted away in the sudden deepening of her own curiosity in turn. But as soon as a recognition of sorts was seen in the Jedi's gaze, Lord Michael knew the real changes, the real revelations were about to transpire, and by the time Ishida guessed,'You're a Barran.', the Druid knew there was more to his opponent's choice of phrasing, much more going on beneath the surface of seemingly superficial wording. It was enough that Lord Michael was silent in his brow-furrowed nod of confirmation, letting Ishida retain the proverbial speaking-floor as he pondered with increasing frustration, growing increasingly curious as to who this knight could be.

However, there was one particular Jedi knight who carried a particular reputation that preceded her in such a fashion, a renown gained from deed alone that set her apart from her Atrisian peers in the Force-wielding community.

It can't be- Ishida Ashina, can it?
Surely not.... I know,"Small Galaxy", but- what?

This is too much to be a coincidence.

'The eldest?'

Winding his neck back in an entirely new form of surprise, and instead of fear having the driving, spurring effect on the surprise, it was irritation that bordered on murderous rage as the Woad shot back,'You fething what, mate?', but in an eerily quiet tone that conveyed much more than any shout, scream or roar ever could. And in all that time, Barran was standing deathly still with eyelids receding and eyebrows rising in a brief display of his former manic furies, baring the whites of his eyes and clenching his jaw whilst trying his utmost to reign in a side of him unseen since his Tarkinist days. But in drawing in a breath shaking from the cold within as opposed to that without, taking in all through his nostrils and out again, the Druid continued,'Naw, the youngest - an' the last-surviving.... I should know, believe me - I should know.', and only then did the internal struggle with reopened wounds slowly but surely start to shift in Lord Michael's favour.

'I was the one who identified my brothers remains, as is the traditional custom of my people, an' under the - circumstances, I was the only one on the planet at the time who could. I even saw how he died when my index and middle fingers together brushed against the frontal lobe of the charred skull that remained, saw the orbital bombardment an' felt that searing heat until I snapped out of it, an' here you stand - forcing me to drudge up a past I moved on from.... Poor form for a Jedi, wouldn't you say?'

Resetting his form then and there, the Meyerite principles would be abandoned for those the Woad learned to perfect under the guidance of his Serennoan King, taking on a recognisably ancient form known to Jedi and Sith alike. But in veering away from utilising Makashi with his Cavalry sabre, the life-long adherent to tradition then sheathed his Songsteel and brought his lightsabre to hand instead, and yet, much to the Druid's surprise, it was not the blackened-songsteel hilt of the Pale-Blue he always wielded. And as the curved hilt's lower half caught the base of his palm, Barran quickly realised he was holding the Galaxy-renowned sabre of Lucien Dooku, a surprise unlike any Lord Michael had experienced that evening so far.

I know not why my soul wanted this.... It always draws out my own sabre. Always.
As for how or why though - I'm not so sure I want to find out.

The Wanderer's lightsabre was still clipped to his belt, and in realising that there was no way his mind was under the impression it wasn't there, Barran let a loud shudder shake through the air as the intense blue glow illuminated Ashina's flowing locks before him. It was clear that Lord Michael was missing his friend, and with no means of gaining time enough to grieve, it seemed as though his soul was still calling out for it's brethren-counterpart. As if the grief for the loss of a friend was intensifying that which Barran still felt for the loss of his big brother, and for the comrades he lost along the way, and it was souring his perception of the Galaxy around him, as if all was becoming infected by a virus of hatred and gore-filled ultraviolence. It needed to stop, and whether the Druid would live long enough to see it occur with lasting finality, he needed to try at least.

As in that moment, it seemed to the Wanderer that none else were - anywhere.

ssFYYul.png

LINK> <LINK
ssFYYul.png

'So what's the craic w'Novania these days? All well under that Tarkinist system still?'

Sniggering audibly, though heard doing his best to stifle it, Varim quickly shot back,'Our beloved nation is thriving now, and with a constant feed of increasing freedoms from the Kato Institution, we can freely express views from other corners of our Ideological Triangle.... Its just a system of governance on Archais, Randall. Especially with our Priest-King considered.', leaving his views on the proverbial table to leave no mistaking as to which ideological corner he leaned by then. There was nothing either of the officers would keep from each other in this regard, making it all the easier to put concerns and the likes to rest with finality, and in times of political uncertainty, this was something of a rarity in the Empire of late.

'Oh, is that so? Interesting tidbit o' current native-events anyways.... You - errrr - ever considered the path o' shamanism yersel, or...?'

This time, the sniggering had devolved into wheezing, clearly in the know on something the Highlander wasn't, though it had been taken in good humour. A new Deathseer had been chosen since the Priest-King's highest-ranking subordinate perished on Hoth, and in the months since the shaman's ascension, it had been often said that the one who had been chosen in secret had also been a member of Firedance Battalion since it's inception; but none of the human-born brethren of the Brotherhood were ever told who it was, thus bringing about a rather humorous dynamic between the most curious and the most secretive of the fold, holding in continuation for almost three years by then. One individual was on the verge of giving the Deathseer's identity away at one point, but as soon as it seemed like the name would be dropped on the Brotherhood's ever-suspecting laps, the Arkanian in question had been transferred out to the ADF before anyone could find out.

Putting the matter to a faux-rest for the foreseeable future, but the Goidels, in all their infamous, Galaxy-renowned persistence, would only continue in their guesswork. And in the clear, founding base origin in the two senior-most dedicated members within the Highland Brotherhood itself, and bearing it's clearest signs in the two adjutants leading the 300 operators on Neshtab, it was clear the trend would continue for as long as the Arkanians remained silent on the matter, but it wouldn't stop the Gallowglass from prodding with the issue.

'Perhaps someday I'll be permitted to say who it is.... But you can rest assured it isn't me, though I do practice Shamanism - my role in the Order of the Warseer is but a low rung on the ladder. Nothing fancy like Sur-Huwal and the Deathseer, of whom I haven't even met yet by the way - haven't even met one of his Grey Masks yet either.... Seems as though they don't like to be known, or seen for that matter.'

<"Ahana-Merla to Warmask Red! Are you listening?">
<"What is it, Warseer Red? Speak up and clearly if you can.">

A feminine voice, belonging specifically to the only other serving female within the Highland Brotherhood's upper-echelons, and consequently, the only rank-carrying woman on the ground that day; Lady Nathalie Scott would have been in a position to alleviate such pressures of shining against the sea of masculine operators, but in light of the Serennoan King's disappearance, the young Stag of the West would be deployed elsewhere in the constant search for Dooku instead. However, despite the obvious lack of the savage legend in the making, Warmask Red was holding her own quite well in light of the sheer depth of excellence she was included with, as not only had she earned her way into the Neshtab Cadre on the merit of her skill with a rifle, but her skill as a Seeress had saved more than enough Novanian lives in the years leading to her deployment to Drastarra.

<"The GADF, they-">
<"Its alright, darling.... We can handle it.">

However, little did anyone know it at the time, but the words she would speak that day would change the course of the war for the soldiers of the Serenno henceforth, as similar words had changed the face of war that IMPAF had always claimed to know just moments before.

<"Well, it doesn't help that I'm purposefully broadcasting to the entire Cadre at the moment, and with reason in mind.... There's something I think you all should know - now I could've just kept this quiet until we got home but I FETHING DIDN'T!!!! REMEMBER THAT, BOYS!!!! BECAUSE I WON'T FORCE MYSELF TO REMIND YOU AGAIN SO LISTEN UP!!!!!">

<"You heard 'er, lads. Firedancers an' Goidels alike will listen to the Warseers words! Go for it, Merrian!">

<"I have just received word from Major Shazzeke of Sabretooth Legion, so we know their word to be true already, making it all the easier to comprehend what was being said at the time - no matter how disgusted you will be to hear what I have to say.... The GADF, as of one hour and fifteen minutes ago, have endeavoured the unforgivable! THE JEDI HAVE CHOSEN TO SIDE WITH THE PARIAH LEGION!!!! HOLDOUTS FROM THE SITH EMPIRE WE OVERTHREW TOGETHER!!!! THIS, AS MUCH AS YOU DON'T WANT TO ADMIT TO YOURSELVES, IS CORUSCANT'S LAST PROVOCATION!!!!">
The only one present who knew this behaviour to specific, the only one close enough to know such things about Merrian, would be her husband; and fortunately for Randall's curiosity, much to the great luck and coincidence of knowing the man who held all the answers, Varim was and always would be that man. Seen easily when McBain turned around to find Ahan-Kaskim's thumb caressing his wedding-ring, the Goidel sympathetically inquired,'Merrian's never been much of a shouter, has she? Seems unlike 'er, an' though this is just an assumption on my part, I'm guessing she doesn't even sound like that when you're both at home the-gither either. Am I right, or am I missing something here?', to which the Novanian snapped out his reverie to turn and respond with a confirmatory shaking of his head.
'It sounds very much like the Mother's Root is in my wife's bloodstream now.... It would seem we heard her in the process of turning from sober to someone else entirely, and it looks very much like my Merrian will be gone until the sun rises.... So now, we must fight - as the Ancients have only gone and decided for us sadly. For this I sincerely apologise, my friend.'

ssFYYul.png
y8BqXr9.png
ssFYYul.png

QvL5iYm.png

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
T_6G_HfOSkuxtQN18U6VntjD4YufbXCzRHaOCsifc18m83gXR0i_3_9t0lpUXF0SFzIExVGM2wIRKclgNgaTg9t3wMjYmOLW3IwBJgkXXWDdDJunnEnC-Tp70vQa4_kfUKgoW0R0lMn5QMTfcR9axz1fAy8-5nvhll4pBq0t4mXsDH8ng8pnadcKMh8G1w

OBJECTIVE 3: WIPE THEM OUT. ALL OF THEM.
“Stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone.”
― Suzy Kassem,

Landing on the ground, amidst the chaos was easy enough, Caltin never went into a theater without some level of a plan. This place was sheer chaos and if he was still one to get easily irritated, well let’s just say that the massive Jedi Master would be infuriated right now. However he is just not that person anymore. Make no mistake, the big man had not changed in his approach to much of anything, but the more he has seen in his lifetime, the less he has learned to dwell on it.

What he was looking at was the outright fear in the eyes of the populace. The terror that they were experiencing gave him the energy to respond accordingly and that was to run straight into the fight like he always did. There was no point in drawing either of his weapons yet, “pawns” were always sent out onto a battlefield first, a shame really as they were just as sentient as those in charge. Regardless of his thoughts on the matter, the massive Jedi Master could dispatch those around him easily enough, mostly with his physical abilities or use of the Force, but sometimes with a simple warning to withdraw. It was good to have a reputation.

It was when he came across a group of Imperial Commanders ,or Knight Troopers, or whatever they are called trying to hold hostages in front of him. Taking a moment to put his hands up, Caltin wanted them to believe that they were in charge. They were not, he was, he was waiting for what was to come next, their weapons were instinctively removed from the throats of their captives, still close, but not close enough. That was the opening he was waiting for as the big man slammed his right fist hard into the ground. The controlled Force Wave that he summoned knocked all of them off of their feet as he pulled their weapons through the Force away from them.

Leave. Now!

The would-be hostages did not need to be told twice as they got up to run, so did those to whom he was targeting, or at least they tried to.

Not you… or you… or you… or even you.

Those whom he did not grab were experiencing the upending feeling of an armored individual hitting them like a projectile. It was not something you could talk about every day, but it happened nonetheless as soon all of them were grounded. They were incapacitated, but would survive, the difference between the Jedi and… well everyone else. So with that he was moving on to the next target, this invasion of theirs was efficient but it was not unexpected. He had seen this type of “Imperial Aggression” in the past, arrogant ignorance to think that their actions would go unanswered.

Where do I need to go? Get up. Tell me what the worst place they could attack would be right now.

“Well… there’s the hive.” Spoke up one of the rescued refugees.

“Don’t Capas! Stay out of this and maybe they will spare us!”

“Are you kidding? There are Jedi trying to save our lives!”

“No! Just surrender. Turn this Jedi in and accept Imperial rule. It will be easier this way!”

Caltin had no patience for this. If they wanted to sell him out, they could do so, but they would have to do it with him on the move. Right now there were more important things to consider than the whims of a few too afraid to do anything. It would be different if the majority of the planet felt this way, but that was not the case.

Where is the hive? Point me in the general direction so that you do not have to say that you helped.

Three of them just pointed, and he was on his way, just in time to see a monstrous Stormtrooper slaughter a local.

TAG: FN-999 | Michael Barran Michael Barran

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

wipethemout.jpg

Objective: Survive
Tag: Lily Stevens

div1.png

"Get the injured out of here..." he said with a deep breath, keeping his lightsaber stance strong just in case any more imperials came down the tunnels. Before him was an assortment of scattered bodies, most of which had been taken down by his bright blue blade. He had already been fighting for a long time, but he couldn't rest just in case any more of his allies fell to the imperial wave. Somewhere in the tunnels was Valery Noble Valery Noble who he had met before the battle started, Silas hoped for her safe return.

"What will you do Jedi?" one of the soldiers asked the battle worn Jedi. Snapping his head to him, he motioned further into the tunnel "I will provide a distraction while you create another defensive line. We cannot let them get to the civilians" he stated sternly with a grit of his teeth. Silas's body was riddled with burns and cuts, ones that were sustained from the tough battle so far. Thankfully, it wasn't anything major. With a nod, the soldier gathered his remaining troops and carried the wounded deeper into the tunnels, leaving him alone in the dark

"May the force be with you all" he muttered to them before sighing and looking into the dark abyss. Silas could hear the echoing of footsteps and talk not too far away, another squad was coming his way. Using the cover of darkness, he was going to use the element of surprise to dispose of their threat.

For now, all he could do was deflect their attacks like wave to rock...

blackout.jpg
DjqGXyQ.png

Objective: II - Blackout
Tags: DT-1159 DT-1159 | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

Varos_Post_Banner.png

The hum of Varos’ lightsaber echoed through the corridor as he advanced into the base, with the contingent of Death Troopers following in step. One of their targets was situated in a command center deep in the facility - Major Jultany Winspirr. Several teams were deployed to intercept the leaders who doubtlessly were making their way to egress points. The logical countermove on the part of the Empire would be to deploy fighter squadrons to try and intercept whatever shuttles ended up escaping. But that was outside of Varos’ purview for now. Instead, he was focused on carving his way to the Major.

Blaster bolts screamed through the air, whizzing by his head by mere centimeters before his lightsaber whirred about to block the flurry of additional shots coming his way. Several shots were deflected into the durasteel walls around them to cause notable scorch marks, while nearly half a dozen more were deflected back at the source - causing muffled cries of pain to echo through the sound of blaster fire. Particle bolts surged from the barrels of the Death Troopers, yellow bolts burning through the air at what remained of the defending squad opposite of them. Several more fell, but the defenders remained fixed in their position no more than 20 feet down range.

<“GRENADE!”> The distorted voice of one of the Death Troopers shouted, and just in time as a small cylinder flew through the air from the Collective loyalists’ position. Varos wasted little time, as he flicked a finger to cause a ripple in the force, which would in turn push the grenade back through the air to whence it came. As it hit the ground, the defenders hardly had any time to react. The explosive charge erupted at their feet, casting a sonic pulse throughout the area and throwing them bodily off of their feet. Varos closed the distance, with the Death Troopers hot on his tail. Each trooper in turn fired a single shot into the disoriented defenders’ heads while Varos appraised the area. They were now positioned in a four-way junction, which provided them with a means to penetrate deeper into the facility and make their way to the position of Major Winspirr.

But before they could make much headway, Varos paused.

He sensed a presence drawing closer, a sense of... contained emotion laying under the surface. Was it anger? Was it some sense of righteous indignation? The Knight Inquisitor smirked faintly under his helmet. ‘A Jedi...’

As the Jedi approached, her lightsaber pike unignited, Varos waved his bodyguard onward.

“Secure the target. I will take care of this.” His head was inclined toward them as he spoke, but soon after leveled squarely upon the Jedi who approached. He held his own lightsaber at his side, his muscles tensed in a state of readiness.

“You feel quite angry for a Jedi.”

His voice carried a hint of familiarity, even though Varos was quite certain he had never met the Jedi before. “Your order used to stand for something. But now, you stand alongside collaborators and traitors. You will be dealt with as such.

Without another word, Varos would loose a heavy shove through the force, to be followed by a surprise charge off of his back foot - saber at the ready in a high-arc over his head; primed to cleave his foe from neck to thigh in one fluid motion.

DjqGXyQ.png

Last edited:

wipethemout.jpg

div1.png
After taking the first shot to kill one of the Imperial soldiers, all hell broke loose inside the tunnel. From both sides, bolts of plasma were fired toward the enemy, and while most were able to find cover, the occasional scream of another soul being ripped apart by war would echo through the caves. If it wasn't for the adrenaline rush and need to fight for survival, the sound would have been haunting Aiden, as it reminded him of that ambush on Selvaris.

The screams of agony, the cries of grown men calling to their wives, mothers, and children. It would stay with him forever.

Turning his scope to movement at the side, Aiden looked for a target but was blinded by a sudden flash he hadn't expected. He pulled his eyes away from his rifle and shook his head, "Ah chit..." he muttered before turning to his spotter, "Marc, see anything down there?" he asked, and because of the distance they had to the source of the flash, his spotter wasn't all that blinded.

"Got one on the move!" he called out.

"Take 'em down, I'll keep providing the men with support," Aiden said before he laid back down and turned his focus to other Imperial soldiers, who had taken advantage of the flash bang as well and were trying to advance. While he began picking them off, his spotter drew his rifle and slipped away from the elevated position, hoping to intercept the woman that was coming from them down their flank.

"You're not getting any further," the young Marine mumbled to himself, mere seconds before he jumped out of cover and looked to fire at his target.

wipethemout.jpg

Wipe Them Out

Objective: Survive
Gear: Lightsaber | Blaster Pistol

Tags: Orson Velus | Garris Corrack

Rebel_Div.png

Mind-bending tunnels, simultaneously cavernously wide and impossibly narrow, snaked round, beset atop and below by wickedly sharp icicles, or maybe stalactites. He couldn't tell. He'd been here before. Hoth, still fresh in his mind. But that time, Master Nox had been with him, this time he'd lost his companion. Varen felt his heart pounding under the thick layers of his amourweave parka and his hands shake under his gloves. Sudden footsteps propelled him into a sharp dash down the nearest exit.

Varen gripped his lightsaber close to him, turning corner after corner, hearing the dull rumblings of battle.
"Orson!" He yelled to no-one.

Orson.. Orson.. Orson.. came the eerie echo as the sound bounced across the walls of the cavern. He'd been behind him not too long ago, but some amour-clad troopers had some other ideas and they had been separated. Coming to a sharp halt at what seemed almost like a clearing, he clicked his saber on, the green hue providing some illumination. Better than nothing, he though to himself as he pulled up his goggles to get a better gauge of his situation. The padawan caught his breath for a moment, as he saw it escape his mouth into the frigid environment.

Master Nox had always been told him to be aware of his environment. The Force was in every living thing, and he'd be able to feel them. If he concentrated hard enough. And so he stood, taking a long exhale, closing his eyes, and finding tranquillity in the darkness. He was soon ejected from his contemplation, by a sharp rush of a feeling of imminent danger. Not only his own.. but that of someone near him. Orson. Dashing, this time faster, he felt air whip past him, letting his instinct lead the way. He almost lost his footing turning another turning into a wider part of the network.

He stood incredulously, but still out of view. Orson was definitely in danger. Ssshuck. He quickly disengaged the saber, taking cover behind a part of the network that protruded out. Think think think. A distraction! Focusing, he put out an arm, using the Force as an extension of it, picking up a large rock-sized piece of snow. Three. Two. One. He leapt out into a roll.
"On your left!" He yelled to Orson, sending the large snowball hurling at the Inquisitor.

wipethemout.jpg

C A V A L I E R
NESHTAB
THE EMPIRE

N5cG5gd.png
No survivors.

No mercy.

Good.

It only meant the rules of engagement were few…depending on the commander. Perhaps there were those with a bleeding heart, their own morals impeding their efficiency in battle. Simon, however, did not allow those emotions to incumber him. Duty came before himself. Horrendous atrocities such as the use of chemical warfare would not be dismissed under his command. So long any tactics did not cause Imperial casualties and caused issues with their advance, he would not protest against it.

At the tip of the spear of their onslaught was the Imperial Knight, a storm to consume anyone in his way. Stormtroopers supporting him as they used Simon as a shield while maneuvering and suppressing the enemy with their firepower.

Inch after inch, soon they’d become miles of gained ground within the caverns.

But within all this chaos there was a familiar aura. It was…

You

…and right within his line of advancement. She had not come to reason with herself, placing the will of the Jedi Order before the needs of the Galaxy. What would it take to convince her to walk away from that path?

But if she would not reason, then he’d have no choice.

THE MOON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

FN-999

F

blackout.jpg

SUBPOST - 908TH SPECIAL FORCES DIVISION

cK7rsUf.png

EC-644-21 EC-644-21

On the edges of the battlefield, a squad of pitch-black stormtroopers appeared out of thin air.

They were an elite detachment of the 908th's already elite Special Forces Division, personally selected by the Baron of Borosk for their exceptional creativity and combat prowess. The group silently convened on a rocky plateau overlooking Fort Netus, huddling together in a circle. Nods and hand signals were all the veteran commandos needed to hold their silent commune before they dispersed, vanishing as suddenly as they had appeared.

A pair reappeared on the flanks of a certain recently rediscovered clone asset.

"Greetings, EC-644-21." called the first trooper. "Hold your fire, we're Imperial."

"The Baron sees great potential in your wisdom." continued the second trooper. "What course of action would you recommend from here? If you wish, we could relay it to other forces."

wipethemout.jpg

908th Legion - "The Reborn"

TUNNELS OF NESHTAB - APPROACHES TO THE ROYAL HIVE​

Manpower: 11781/12000
Objective: III
Allies: Empire | Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra | Michael Barran Michael Barran | etc.
Enemies: GA & Pariah Legion | Ironhide Ironhide | TBD
Intent to Engage: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Equipment: Sniper | Rifle | Shotgun | Pistol |
Flamethrower

The Baron suddenly froze, utterly still.

"What is it?" asked Bigfoot. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"We're being watched." answered FN-999. "I can feel it."

The pair briefly scanned the area before Bigfoot tapped the Baron on the shoulder and pointed further into the tunnel.

About twenty meters away stood a large, powerfully built human male. He stood alone in front of the regrouping company, staring directly at the Baron and the charred corpse beneath him.

"Jedi?"

"Probably."

After all, the Jedi were the only ones bold or stupid enough to stand alone and exposed against superior numbers. Evidently, this man was either an idiotic, overconfident Padawan or a powerful and experienced Knight or even a Master. Given the man's build, FN-999 was tempted to believe one of the latter two. Yet even if he was only a Padawan, carelessly charging the man would likely lead to needless slaughter. It would be better to play it safe and send a probing assault rather than watch the entire company get annihilated by a Heavenshield or Starchaser.

"Send a single squad forward with a rocket launcher." ordered the Baron. "They will fire only the rocket launcher at standoff range and then stand back until the man reacts. If he is unharmed, order a general retreat from the choke, half covering half."

"Smart move, Nines." replied Bigfoot before entering his comms network.

A squad of stormtroopers moved up in front of the pair of commanders, the lead trooper carrying a Harbinger. He hastily engaged the homing setting on the launcher, locked onto the looming man's heat signature, and opened fire, sending a missile soaring directly across the tunnel to its target.

The only point of uncertainty remaining was whether or not the missile would do its job.

Garris Corrack

G

I N Q U I S I T I O N
niosmol.png

OBJECTIVE THREE - WIPE THEM OUT
LOCATION - Neshtab, Cavern System
TAGS - Varen Ardos Varen Ardos | Orson Velus
Theme

First, it was a prickling on the back of his neck. Then, it was a foul taste on the air.

Stopping mid-stride, Garris turned around slowly; his singular, grey eye staring down the new arrival, seemingly frozen in fear. Swinging his star-white blade out to his side, the tip barely inches from the ground, as he began his slow, predatory advance. "Well... what have we here?" the Inquisitor asked, rhetorically. "A jedi? No doubt, hoping to save your precious friends?" the man mocked, each italic carrying a dosage of metaphorical venom.

"Unfortunately, you are..." pausing, the man raised the tip of his blade, letting it trail over the line of bodies he'd left in his wake, before lowering it to the ground again. "Too late to save them." the Inquisitor taunted, a sadistic smirk painting his face. It was clear he intended to continue this tirade, intended to keep poking the proverbial bear, to try and launch the initiate into a passion-fueled frenzy.

He was, however, rudely interrupted. Reacting instinctively, he raised his off-hand as the snow-boulder broke against his barrier. What purpose it was meant to serve, Garris doubted even his second assailant truly new. Baring his teeth, the man raised his blade into a ready position, launching himself at the Padawan Duo with tenacity.

Immediately pressing the attack against the vibroblade wielder, Orson Velus, he opened with a one-handed variation of the traditional Djem-So opening stance. Bringing his blade down upon the inexperienced opponent, it brought with it a substantial amount of physical force, if blocked. Presuming that the obvious swing was countered, Garris swiftly brought his blade around, crossing back over from the opposite angle as he seemingly aimed to bisect the young jedi at the midsection.

While he pressed the attack against the presumably inexperienced saber combatant, he outstretched his off-hand. There came a powerful thrum as his second opponent, Varen Ardos, would find himself pressed with the issue of a remorseless Force Push, aiming to send him flying backwards into the cavern wall.

Keeping his gaze fixed on the jedi initiate, Orson, he brought his blade crashing down once more. A fierce scowl formed itself on Garris' face as he tried to lock blades with the young jedi, thinking to use his superior power and experience against him. "You are pathetic-" he spat.

Orson Velus

O

wipethemout.jpg

GADividerWhite.png

Equipment: XX
Tags: Varen Ardos Varen Ardos | Garris Corrack

white.png
A combination of the Inquisitor turning to face him, and Varen calling from behind him broke Orson from his momentary freeze up. Orson's gaze was momentarily drew up to the Inquisitors single eye, before returning to around his solar plexus, which is where he fixed his gaze for the time being. Having only one eye definitely seemed like something he could capitalise off of, but he'd have to bide his time until that opportunity presented itself.

While it was uncomfortable to listen to the Inquisitors taunts, it was just that. It produced no visible reaction the Padawan, nor did he make any effort to move, apart from the occasional readjustment of the blade in his hand. He could assume Varen was still behind him, presumably on his left as he suggested, which bought a sense of comfort. If Varen stuck around, Orson felt confident that he could hedge his bets on a two versus one.

"Oh, wow." He muttered as the rock bounced away harmlessly. That was certainly a handy trick to have, he should try and look into that assuming he got out of here in one piece. It was when the Inquisitor launched himself that Orson's face dropped, having not expected the tempo of this encounter to have shifted so quickly. If there was one thing that Orson could bet on, it was his athleticism. He should be quick enough to react, but it was a whole other matter whether or not he'd be able to counter attack.

He wasn't keen on getting his blade locked up with the presumably stronger opponent so quickly, so he opted to move slightly back, and to the right instead of parrying the first blow. Unfortunately, there was no time for him to counter, and he was already being pushed back, and on the defensive, as the blade came around once again. This time he decided to meet it, not wanting to walk himself out of space and back into a wall by accident. His right hand moved to also grab the blades hilt, adding more of his weight and strength behind the block. His eyes widened, discomfort evident on his face as his arms jolted uncomfortably as the two blades met. Maybe he should of just stuck to dodging, but he had no time to do so as the Inquistors blade came down a third time, which forced Orson to react and bring his blade up to meet it once again. The force of it forced the Padawan to bend at the knees slightly, almost knocking him over, but for the moment, he began to press back against it, aiming to hold it in place at least for a moment, hopefully creating an opportunity for Varen to attack.

Be careful what you wish for.
VLnuDRId6twEt5BYOauFgaVLZ35o_HR7mTyryb3Kq3t9_wE8nt_PFpYcM7kto9R4Tzi5P-A09FbJJiZfO7adhJkB58sbX2TWjBXsrNvi1a9-ORtcr7W6GZCecpcTVT3v5h7OVjNGjkyzY5hsiKNxLUDkxBIhMKcTnuMehjzeyty_8Uzq6rtTitwup0W2LQ

OBJECTIVE 3: WIPE THEM OUT. ALL OF THEM.
“Stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone.”
― Suzy Kassem,

When a Jedi is taught about combat, the first thing that they are taught is the need to enter each situation with a completely open and objective mind. This is a primary ingredient to the reasoning for a frowning on attachments, on pride, and much of the Jedi Code. You cannot allow distractions to take control of your emotions and thus your response. Of course this is considered “simplistic” by many as it does not take the individual into consideration, some can handle attachments (after all there have been plenty of instances of New and Old Jedi Order members to have married and sired children). To be fair, there are also plenty of instances of those who cannot but that is neither here, nor there. If you follow the original tenets, they will tell you a different story, one which will be focused on right now.

Caltin Vanagor, Jedi Knight of the Old Jedi Order (yes, that one, with all of the “You know whos”), Jedi Master of The New Jedi Order(not this one, the “Praxeum” with “you know who”), the Silver Jedi Concord, and the “New” Jedi Order (This one) was focused on what just happened in front of him. He “violently disagreed with” bullies, and that is what he just saw. It was a reminder of the Stormtroopers he would come across in the past. A part of him wanted to charge after them, after all there was a tactical withdrawal (not a retreat) in place right now. Then he saw it and everything slowed down.

A single squad, firing an RPG at him. Everything slowed down and he could see it almost like it was a video and he was watching “frame by frame.” The choices he could make right now. Caltin was safe, no doubt. Sure, he would feel a direct hit in the morning, and probably have to take a minute or several to heal himself, but his connection to the Force is not what it used to be (different, not weak) and he did not have to think about Force Shields, or healing, or Tutaminis for that matter, they simply happened for him. Redirecting, or for that matter, Stasis was an option too, a very viable one. There was a problem to all of this though.

Why just a single RPG?

Simple, these troopers were smart, incredibly smart. They did not know who he was, which was to his advantage, so they were testing him. Trying to find out what he could do. “The Lion King” himself Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield told a story of something like this happening to him after the attempted destruction of Tython (and Caltin’s ensuing rescue of both he and Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser as well as others back to Midivinter). So there was an interesting thought. They were making their play and waiting for his response, no need to respond with everything right now. Respond with just enough.

Leaping out of the way of the projectile and letting the explosion bring a gaping hole into the ground, he did not try to oversell it but played it enough that it was “reactionary” and not planned. Caltin watched the tactical withdrawal knowing full well that there was no way in Mustafar that he could pass for a Padawan, but no sense playing his whole hand just yet, he still had some trump cards that he could hold on to.

No sense rushing into a Rancorr’s Den until you know whether or not it is empty. Right?

TAG: FN-999 | Michael Barran Michael Barran

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

blackout.jpg

SUBPOST - 908TH SPECIAL FORCES DIVISION

cK7rsUf.png

EC-644-21 EC-644-21

On the edges of the battlefield, a squad of pitch-black stormtroopers appeared out of thin air.

They were an elite detachment of the 908th's already elite Special Forces Division, personally selected by the Baron of Borosk for their exceptional creativity and combat prowess. The group silently convened on a rocky plateau overlooking Fort Netus, huddling together in a circle. Nods and hand signals were all the veteran commandos needed to hold their silent commune before they dispersed, vanishing as suddenly as they had appeared.

A pair reappeared on the flanks of a certain recently rediscovered clone asset.

"Greetings, EC-644-21." called the first trooper. "Hold your fire, we're Imperial."

"The Baron sees great potential in your wisdom." continued the second trooper. "What course of action would you recommend from here? If you wish, we could relay it to other forces."

blackout.jpg

niosmol.png

Objective: OBJECTIVE 2: BLACKOUT;
Besiege the mountain stronghold to capture or kill the key persons of interest.
Tags: Open to SIA, ISB, Special Forces
(Open for engagement).

He was surprised when the Shadow Troopers arrived, when you're alone: you cannot predict what could happen, to you.

EC-644-21 still raised his
CSR-50i Slugthrower Sniper Rifle at one of the troopers, taking precautions as he is one against a squad. He then quickly said, with the known voice of Jango Fett, slightly sounding like a robot:"Course of action, huh? I'd be thrilled to share my plans of the battlefield and their tactics but first.. -"

EC-644-21 took a quick look at the outpost he settled and the weaponry and the Datapad in it, after that, he'd finish his phrase. "Identification, all of you. We're never to prudent, especially when giving out classified informations."

EC-644-21 would still keep them in sight, reaching for his Datapad which his around five steps behind. Well, he'd now be waiting for the troopers indentifications.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom