Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech EWR-52 'Purge' Flamethrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
uMOQPEh.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer | Sith Imperial Research and Development
  • Affiliation | Closed-Market - The Sith Empiure
  • Model | EWR-52 'Purge' Flamethrower
  • Modularity | N/A

• Production | Minor
  • Material |
    Galvanized Durasteel
  • Faraday Cage
  • Flamethrower Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification | Flamethrower
  • Size | Average
  • Weight | Average
  • Ammunition Type | XR-Hellpyre Formula - Fuel
  • Ammunition Capacity | Fuel Tanks [ Approximately two minutes of continuous fire ]

• Reload Speed | Very Slow
  • Effective Range | Long Range
  • Rate of Fire | Very High
  • Stopping Power | Very High
  • Recoil | Very Low

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths |
  • [ Cleansing Flames ] - The Purge is designed as a new standard for flamethrowers used by the Sith Empire, providing an excellent delivery of the deadly XR-Hellpyre it uses as its fuel. The Purge is capable of firing out a pressurized stream of Hellpyre up to 90 meters away to deliver scorching caustic death to both biological and armored targets.
  • [ Compact and Efficient ] - Unlike most traditional flamethrowers that are usually held and fired from the waist, the Purge is small in comparison to its predecessors, being light enough to be carried and held like a rifle. This allows for greater control and accuracy of the Hellpyre projection whilst also allowing for a majority of the weight being shifted to the tanks that store the fuel. It also expels fuel in a much more efficient manner while still maintaining its deadliness, resulting in better fuel efficiency and longer continuous fire.
  • [ Over and Under ] - The Purge is unable to ignite via electrical means as the Hellpyre becomes extremely volatile and explosive when exposed to electricity. The Purge features two barrels, the top firing pressurized Hellpyre while the lower one projects a short range flame that has its own separate fuel cartridge it uses to ignite it, or project flames at a short range.
Weaknesses |
  • [ Fuel Tanks ] - Despite the fuel tanks being protected by a Faraday cage to combat the potential for exposure to electricity, the Purge's fuel tanks are capable of being punctured by Verpine shatter rounds, resulting in leakage of the fuel and its activation, resulting in a gruesome and brutal death for the user. The Purge can also be heavily counteracted if the Hellpyre it shoots isn't ignited and then exposed to electricity as the resulting exothermic reaction that follows will follow all the way back to the source. The fuel tanks are the biggest weakness to the Purge.
  • [ Close-Range Exposure ] - Ironically, the Purge while an excellent tool of destruction for mid to range engagements has a poor time when dealing with tight close quarters. It also requires specially made armor to fire otherwise the wearer will be exposed to caustic fumes that will destroy their respiratory system and extreme heat.
  • [ Indiscriminate ] - Like any weapon, the Purge does not discriminate between friend or foe. Only those with specially designed armor are capable of resisting both the flame or acidic properties of the Hellpyre, and any who get caught will die a horrific and extremely painful death.

DESCRIPTION

The EWR-52 'Purge' was designed to set a new standard for exotic weaponry used on the battlefield by the Sith Empire. Shifting away from traditional fuel sources used by flamethrowers in the past, the Purge uses the newly developed XR-Hellpyre as its fuel, allowing it to not only be effective at incinerating targets like its predecessors but also handle armored targets by melting through them with the acidic properties of the Hellpyre.

It features a compact, dual barrel design that allows for greater accuracy of the projection and effective fuel projection. The pressurized nozzle fires streams of Hellpyre up to 90 meters away with the overhead barrel while it uses the underbarrel to ignite the fuel. The Purge is mounted with an electornic scope that assists in locating targets before dispatching them. The fuel pack is a set of fuel tanks that are wrapped in a Faraday Cage to prevent explosive mishaps from exposure to electricity, and due to the efficiency of the caster itself, has a significantly longer up time for continuous fire.

The Purge is designed to cut threw terrain with high vegetation as well as dispatch infantry and armored personnel due to the specialized Hellpyre formula, making it a powerful exotic weapon to have on the field. To prevent its use from unauthorized personnel, each Purge is keyed to a specific electronic signature of its designated user and cannot be used without that 'key' to prevent it from being picked up by an enemy and used against the Sith Empire. Failure to provide this 'key' results in the caster jamming and an electric current being sent directly to the fuel tanks, causing them to self destruct and bestow an extremely painful death upon the foolish.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Good morning,

Flame throwers are always fun weapons, but going through the sub I noticed that the ratings are a little unbalanced, by 2 rating points.

I would recommend looking at the submission and decrease the ratings by 2, but, if you wish to send the submission through as it currently stands I will approve it. Please let me know.

[member="John Locke"]

I wasn't aware that submissions were based on a points rating system, I will keep this in mind for future submissions. While I don't mind lowering the fire rate to Very High, it doesn't particularly make much sense to me for any of the other aspects lowered considering it is a flamethrower and the canon flamethrowers we have seen such as the D-93 Incinerator had an effective range of 75 meters which is an impressive range for a flamethrower. Were it any other class of weapons I would be more than happy do more balanced ratings, but the ratings as they are now, feel they are within logical reason.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

That does make sense.

Submissions are based on a balance system, a mass-produced submission with average ratings is seen as balanced, every rating you increase or decrease should aim to keep that balance. There is a certain level of discretion that comes as the production decreases.

In this case, I would suggest that the production ration be reduced to Minor since it appears to be something primarily used by the Sith Empire, that would maintain balance so you have no problems later while still retaining the intent of the submission.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

That does make sense.

Submissions are based on a balance system, a mass-produced submission with average ratings is seen as balanced, every rating you increase or decrease should aim to keep that balance. There is a certain level of discretion that comes as the production decreases.

In this case, I would suggest that the production ration be reduced to Minor since it appears to be something primarily used by the Sith Empire, that would maintain balance so you have no problems later while still retaining the intent of the submission.

[member="John Locke"]

Thanks for the clarification. I've lowered the production rating. I think for future reference if a point system is being used, there be some table for how many points each production level is and how many points can be distributed per rating level. Just for clarity purposes so this type of issue doesn't come up again.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Thank you for being so accommodating. I will speak to the rest of the factory staff about ways to make it easier to understand the templates and balancing.

Enjoy the flamethrowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom