Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Hope and Providence | Galactic Alliance and Allies

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Right for Uncle Judah and Master Valery Noble. Justice smiled. He knew what this was about. “You just want to show Master Noble the ring,” he teased as he leaned in to kiss her forehead.

“I love you.”

Justice could not say it enough. While she was stressing out over the wedding details, the young Jedi was just happy to be happy. He had grown a lot from the nervous and timid boy that had lost his arm. Now he was a Jedi Knight and the most beautiful woman was about to be his wife. Yeah, he even asked her out first, on a real date.

“Sure, let’s go.”

He took her hand and started to walk over to Valery and Judah, who seemed to be trying to get the Sword to dance with him. Same old uncle. If only he could turn the charm off long enough to realize he was still hurting inside. Maybe he knew that already. Justice was not going to pry. It was not his place.

“Sorry Uncle J, the dance is going to have to wait. You have not congratulated my fiance yet.”

He looked over to Valery and winked as if to say she owed him.

“Doesn’t she just look gorgeous?”

Outfit: Modest Dress | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Open

"I know, I know," Valery assured him. "But I think I'm just on the same page as Katara." Which meant she thought he was an idiot for giving up on it all as well, but it was still his choice to make. She'd support her friends through anything, but she wasn't ever going to try and change someone against their will. He had made his decision, and she'd respect that.

For better, or for worse.

Valery then smiled and dipped her head before looking out into the hall, "It's not always easy to be happy these days. But family has a way to make even the most difficult times feel easier." Something that she could certainly agree on with him. The way he smiled at how happy Justice and Hollis seemed together said it all. Similarly, she was just as happy to go through better times with her own family as well.

"Care to dance? For this one time, I promise to behave."

Valery blinked, turned back to him, and tilted her head, "Dance? I-" She paused as she noticed someone approaching from the corners of her eyes. Justice and Hollis had spotted them and made their way over, likely to show off their wedding rings. Valery just grinned and quickly rolled her eyes as she caught Justice's wink.

"Oh my gosh, you two are adorable!" Valery beamed a very warm smile and walked over to Hollis first. She gently reached for the woman's hand, just to hold it up and look at the ring with that knowing smile. "I'm so happy for you two. I know how exciting and scary it all can be, but I just know it'll last forever with you both." She smirked and looked at Hollis.

"If you ever end up needing help with anything, feel free to give me a call." She winked. "Weddings can be a pain to plan."

Although he didn’t quite understand how or why, the two padawans seemed to move decently well together. Despite Ko himself admitting he wasn’t much of a dancer and Loomi’s seeming lack of confidence earlier. Somehow the two danced in a surprisingly coordinated manner. “Well you’re doing great, Looms.” he replied to her, shortening her name to a single syllable. “And hey if you do fall, I promise I’ll catch ya!” He playfully teased some.

Like he had imagined too, the dancing had helped to give her dress a more lively presence. Loomi’s full spin makes her dress bloom like a purple flower quite nicely. Ko’s attire wasn’t in any way restrictive but it didn’t quite compliment his dancing like hers. The more loose jedi robes concealing some of his more subtle movements, especially the large sleeves over his arms.

What did shine through his movements though was his footwork. Rhythmically doing energetic little cocks and taps. Even crossing some here and there. Tapping his toes and heels against the ground one after another. There was the occasional off beat move of his but he didn’t let that bother him. He was enjoying the shared moment too much, any minor mistakes to get his spirits down. Nor did he worry about onlookers, largely because he always had people looking at him funny since he left his homeworld.

Part of his mind thought back to when they were at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He remembered some of the words Master Kahlil Noble said. Something along the lines about padawans like Loomi and Ko being allowed to enjoy their youth. The Kel Dor thought for a moment if this is what the Jedi Master had in mind…

New House of the Goddess, Ord Providence
- Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia - Rens Ahim Rens Ahim - Mya Jesel Mya Jesel - Open -​

Sonya dipped her head, "I'm glad it has served its purpose, then." It was impressive what a mere piece of architecture could do to bring people together. The Montitian senator only knew the brutalist designs of her megacity home, and they hardly invoked a sense of unity or pride in what had become of the planet. But this temple was much different.

"We've still a ways to go," Sonya concurred. Rebuilding would take more than just throwing money at the problem, but it was a good stepping stone. Might as well wring some good out of the pockets of the wealthy, "I'm just glad to help how I can. Which hopefully will involve a more hands-on effort in the future." She was no stranger to getting her hands dirty (in the more honest sense of the term). And that was far more rewarding than navigating the sociopolitical web.

Senator Ahim noted a passing figure, turning Sonya's attention to the woman in question. She smirked, intrigued by the arrival, "I was wondering if any League representatives would be making the trip." Interaction between the two governments thus far seemed rather light, in her eyes.

Ord_Providence_Event_2.png

Ord Providence, New Temple of the Goddess
Tags: Sonya Provost Sonya Provost , Rens Ahim Rens Ahim , Mya Jesel Mya Jesel

Beam_Saber_2.png

"I'm just glad to help how I can. Which hopefully will involve a more hands-on effort in the future."

"But of course," Yumia nodded. "Procuring funds is only half of the work after all. Preparations are already being made by my cabinet to ensure that the actual reconstruction part is just as smooth. I'm afraid that will take some time to prepare. We want to be sure that no money is wasted from the donation pool."

Finding affordable means of doing such with high quality supplies was proving to be a cumbersome task. Already her staff had wasted hours of research, though they were gradually making progress. Of course, the most time consuming part would be actually dividing up the funds. Valette was determined to see it through, however. The end goal of it all would certainly be rewarding enough.

"So Yumia you invited Mya Jessel of the Rimward Trade League as well. Very impressive I must admit."

"Indeed," the senator nodded. "It only seemed natural. They are one of the few nations standing after the war. It only seemed logical to bridge the gap."

Word came from one of her attendants again, a soft frown coming to her face beneath her hood. One of Miss Jesel's staff had been a bit chatty, openly speaking ill about the event. It seemed that between the representatives of the RTL there was a general belief in corporate corruption. It was upsetting, to say the least, especially when this was meant to make it clear that Ord Providence could very well stand on it's own without the gaze of the corporations, not to mention the recent movement to censure the Trade Federation. Alas, there was little to say on the matter, not if she wanted discussion to remain friendly.

"First I'd like to attend to the visiting Queen of Hapes," Yumia reasoned. "Perhaps the two of you would like to join me?"

She'd give a moment for response before setting off. Having the monarch of a nation outside the Alliance was certainly no small deal, especially for her planet's first public event. Yumia wanted to make sure that she had her best foot forward in that regard. The Godoan approached Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray with a graceful step, restrained but by no means passive.

"Good evening, your majesty," she greeted, giving a cordial bow. "It's certainly an honor to have you in attendance. I hope you've found the event amiable thus far?"

Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Rens Ahim Rens Ahim Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia

"It's not that I'm opposed to the concept of charity," Mya explained to one of the other attendees, who had been intrigued enough by her unorthodox attire and her bodyguard's chatter. "It can be helpful as a short-term measure, but that is also its most significant flaw. It lacks the sustainable structure necessary for systemic and long-term effects. In that case, charity can be especially useful as a seed-fund."

"Is that so?" The other attendee asked- a Dug who traced his fingers along the braids from his face. "How do you distribute the money then?"

"An endowment," Mya replied, hands behind her back. "Create a fund or trust that generates income over time. It's how we've been funding the Outer Rim Development Corps for our logistics and infrastructure work in the Outer Rim. After the initial funding, we have had little need to contribute directly to the ORDC, and further donations can go directly into the fund, ensuring the longevity of the donations."

One of her bodyguards tapped her elbow, and she paused, turning. "Message for you, Chairwoman."

"Excuse me, please," Mya said, stepping away from the conversation and moving closer to the wall.

Tag: Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia

The queen of Hapes here as well?! That was a good sight. As a regional power, the Hapes Consortium is not to be trifled with. Not that Rens would want to anyway. He considered Yumia's offer but quickly decided to let his host handle it.

"I'll make sure to pay my respects later to the Queen but the Trade League's chairwoman deserves the same courtesy. Better we handle this simultaneously. Good luck."

With that he made his way toward Mya Jesel. But as he did, the Mon Calamari noted she headed over to the wall, making a call. Well no matter, he can simply wait until done. Approaching he was close enough but without listening to her private conversation. Instead Senator Ahim respectfully nodded at the ranger bodyguards.

"Good evening gentlemen and welcome. Thank you for your service to the Outer Rim. If you can be patient with me I'll wait right here to speak with Chairwoman Jesel once she is done with her call."

As someone who is constantly dealing with people he could tell they are not too thrilled at his presence and were even suspicious. He can understand the latter aspect given it is their job to protect their charge. As for whatever other reasons they may resent him for, well both he and them will just have to deal with the situation.

Of course if the Trade League's leader doesn't have time now I'll wait for another opportunity.

Last edited:

Khala_2.png

Hapes2.png

Wearing | Ord Providence​

With her guards turning to the approaching Godoan, Kha'la turned around as well to face the woman who she was perhaps looking most forward to meeting. This entire event was an opportunity to meet politicians and even other important figures of the Alliance, such as its Jedi. But they were all here for Ord Providence, and Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia was its representative.

"Good evening," Kha'la greeted in return when Valette made her way over.

She then dipped her head politely, and raised a hand as a gesture for her guards, who stepped aside to allow the Queen Mother to get closer. Her green eyes immediately inspected the woman's choice of attire, and much like the decorations for this hall, it was more than enough to impress Kha'la. As with most Hapans, she had a strong appreciation for beauty.

"I certainly have no complaints, but I was looking forward to finally meeting you." In other words, her evening had already gotten a lot better. "It perhaps won't be long before the Alliance reaches the borders of our cluster, so I wanted to meet with representatives who can give me their views on being a part of it." That, and gaining some political allies never hurt, even if Hapes wasn't in a postion where they really needed them. The war had never reached the cluster, and ever since her coronation, she had worked hard to strengthen her people.

Ord_Providence_Event_1.png

Ord Providence
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Loomi_divider.png

Dress

“And hey if you do fall, I promise I’ll catch ya!”

"Don't give me ideas," Loomi remarked with a grin. "I'll hold you to that on our next mission."

Loomi found herself confused for a moment. Where had that come from? One moment she had been so nervous, but somehow she had managed to let out... playful banter? Maybe it was just being around Ko. He had a very intoxicating personality. It could have just been his positive attitude rubbing off on her.

Where had this thought even come from?

Eventually, the Godoan did begin to wind down. The song had come to an end, and her body moving in unfamiliar ways was draining. It seemed that she'd need some practice to dance for longer stretches of time. She had a blast doing so, however. Loomi found insides swirling with ideas, random thoughts that drifted by to quickly for her to process. Something felt so unusual about this experience, but she had yet to truly process what it was. Maybe some time alone with her thoughts would help her figure it all out, but that could wait.

"...Thanks," she finally said, tucking her hair behind her left ear. "I... I had a lot of fun. Maybe we could... y'know, hang out more sometime?"

Her face went red and her antennae curled back. What had prompted that? Almost immediately she went into autocorrect mode.

"Y-y'know, if you wanna..."

With: Loomi Loomi

04fYQtb.png

The Kel Dor teen almost raised an eyebrow to playful banter. But chuckled some from her words Instead. Loomi was starting to seem a lot less anxious from how she had come across earlier.

Soon enough as the music came to an end he would wind down with her. He too took some heavy breaths through his mask from the dancing. Normally Ko didn’t think he’d feel that winded from it. But perhaps the fun and excitement from the situation left himself feeling a little winded. Ko himself knew he needed some practice with it. Maybe even learn some techniques for the next time he finds himself dancing with someone else.

“You’re welcome Loomi.” He said with a hidden smile and a friendly tone. Then she asked her simple question about hanging out more somewhat gingerly and blushing more after she did. This event caused Ko’s own leathery skin to become more noticeably flushed. Even he felt a bit of a flutter inside himself. Seeing her get a little more anxious once more, Ko finally replied.
“Absolutely Loomi, I’d love to hang out with you more... Hmm…” He thought for a moment, and brought his hand up and rubbed the back of his neck some. “Maybe we could do that field trip to Corellia and their enclave sometime?” He suggested, goggled eyes looking down at her. Recalling back some to when they together during the discussion about the Jedi Knight's pilgrimages. Remembering to that Loomi mentioned that a change in scenery would be appreciated.

Rens Ahim Rens Ahim Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

"Everything is in place?" Mya said into the encrypted comlink softly. "Very good. Set things in motion with the advisory boards and have the motions ready to take to the Council."

She looked up as one of the bodyguards raised a finger to catch her attention. Mya considered for a moment and then nodded, sliding the comlink away into a belt patch before moving away from the corner of the wall.

"Hello," Mya said, holding out a hand. "I hear you wished to speak with me. I'm Mya Jesel, chair of the Rimward Trade League Council."

Ord Providence
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Loomi_divider.png

Dress

"I... I'd like that," Loomi nodded, "It sounds like a lot of fun."

There was something so surreal about this entire situation that the Godoan couldn't wrap her head around. There was so much compassion in the people she had found herself surrounded by, a level she had believed to not exist. Her memories may have been foggy, but she was certain with every fiber of her being that this was an alien experience. The liminal boundary between sleep and the waking mind was flooded with voices that she couldn't hear, words she couldn't understand, yet they punctured her soul all the same. Ice cold, sharp as daggers...

What gave her value where it hadn't before? Why did people seem to look so fondly upon an empty shell of a girl when her past life seemed to be filled with nothing but grief? It was like she was an imposter in her own skin, mimicking somebody else.

Perhaps it was for the best that some things remained forgotten. Loomi feared such a revelation could yank the thin line she walked out from under her. It was probably good for her own health, she reasoned, to just stay in the moment. She was safe here. The shadows couldn't reach her.

"Golly, I should call it a night," she decided. "I think my body wants to rebel against me... Thanks for coming out here with me, Ko."

He was so cool and composed, a complete juxtaposition to how much of an internal mess she was. Loomi couldn't help but wish she could be more like that.

"You're real cool."

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png
Wearing: xxx
Weapons: xxx x2
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan

Judah’s eyes darted to Justice with a cold glare. While he was excited for the pair, he knew Val was likely close to agreeing to dance. While his promise to behave was good, he was still disappointed that his family had interrupted the one time Valery seemed likely to oblige him. It would be his luck.

He smiled when his eyes fell on Hollis.

“The ring is beautiful. Kid did good didn’t he?”

Judah nodded to Just as he paid the compliment. At least the boy had good taste. He turned to the barkeep and asked for four glasses of champagne. They might as well toast the young couple as Judah was certain there had not been much of an engagement party of any kind. They were all still Jedi after all.

“To the future mister and missus Lesan. I hope you have a long life of joy, happiness, and a lot of children.”

He looked to Valery and winked. If anyone understood the joy of children it was her. She seemed to be happy, even if a bit tired. A welcome night free to be with friends was well earned. There were plenty of promises going around as help was being offered to plan the wedding.

“Naturally I will pay for the honeymoon. I know all the best places.”

Judah wiggled his brows. Val would likely slap him again at some point, or at least roll his eyes. They were getting married however, and the Master Jedi was going to encourage them to be fruitful and multiply.

Tag: Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

Rens genuinely smiled. He shook Jesel's offered hand. "I am Rens Ahim, senator of Bestine IV. It's an honor to finally meet you."

Quickly letting go of her hand he folded his arms behind him and explained.

"Beside paying my respects I was meaning to reach out to your League for sometime but circumstances delayed me until now. To put it clearly Chairwoman Jesel it is my wish that our two civilizations could become better neighbors by establishing official diplomatic relations with one another. But what is your opinion on the possibility?"

Last edited:
Rens Ahim Rens Ahim Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

"Senator Ahim, of Bestine IV," Mya repeated, shaking his hand before releasing and clasping her hands behind her back, head tilted as she listened. "Pleasure to meet you."

As the senator spoke, she waited, listening, nodding slowly. The proposal was straight to the point. She appreciated that. Mya had little patience for the subtle maneuvering and manipulation she had seen in the more traditional political systems. People said time was money, which was correct, but not in a way most people considered. Workers rented their time to companies in exchange for money, which they then gave to others in exchange for products, created by other people in exchange for time. Credits were simply discrete, abstract measures of time.

"I think there is certainly a possibility," Mya said after a few moments of consideration. "I can make no promises or guarantees, but I'm certain the rest of the Council would be willing to initiate discussion, depending on the terms and concessions exchanged."

Tag: Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

Rens nodded in reply. As a son of Outer Rim immigrants he understood in a certain way where Mya Jesel was coming from. Trust is not easily given by people of the Rim and actions matching words matter more than political slogans. But he was glad that it would be discussed by the league members.

"That is fair, it won't be easy as evident with our galaxy's history. I too can't promise much but this... That I will do my best to advocate the possibility to the Alliance senate. We will certainly debate about it."

He chuckled about the latter knowing how infamous the senate's discussions to most people. Becoming serious again Rens Ahim concluded.

"If our states do agree to open dialogue I look forward to that. Have a good evening Chairwoman Jesel and may the force be with you."

With another polite bow of the head he departed to find his wife.

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

FLOWING FORWARDS
PEERING BACKWARDS
COMMERCIAL DISTRICT
PROVINIA - ORD PROVIDENCE

Ceri Fraissi Ceri Fraissi | Lily Decoria Lily Decoria | Open

“Cool!” Toby didn’t listen to the classical stuff as much, but some bands worked the classics into their stuff, and others were at least inspired by it. So he dabbled sometimes, but that she danced was even cooler and more interesting because one of his sisters danced through a few styles. The strength, control, balance, and coordination needed? Mad respect.

Toby felt he might trip on himself if he tried.

Toby had just turned back to watch the band, and had his own fist in the air, with a holler: “YEAAAAA–” that transitioned into a mangled yelp as he was accosted by the collar, stumbling backward, and his head turned sharply to look at the dark-haired girl… gosh, her excitement made her look prettier, an errant realisation that, when it hit him in the sharp adrenaline of the moment, pulled a laugh out of him that was more surprised than anything else as he acquiesced and fell into line.

“Alright, alright!” Toby said in a voice infected by that laugh, throwing up his hands in surrender as he wobbled into place between them, and she pounced her question on him. “Toby!” he hollered back, only hesitating for half a moment - his family had long served in the starfighter corps of the Alliance and its predecessors, among other roles; he was proud of where he came from, yet also wary of being recognised on that basis alone… but what was the likelihood that she’d know anything about that at all?

“Toby Perris!” he finished with another yell, putting getting to know two pretty girls over his own misgivings, “You?!” he asked back with a holler before turning his head briefly back to the band again, between any answers they would give. Toby would always try to look when spoken to, if he could: that'd been how he was raised. As the Veils song came to an end, and the next act came on, the white-haired girl asked another question; he didn’t slot in his own answer, but instead looked at Ceri too. How would she answer?

Toby knew the answer, or an answer; music could be a little subjective, and he’d been chastised before for not allowing others the opportunity to speak up. In primary school. More than once. It’d taken a while to learn to rein in that impulse, but he still felt it. Like the knowledge itched at his brain.

The first and last time he’d admitted that itching feeling, as a kid, Kelly - his second-eldest brother - had told him that bugs had crawled into his ears while he was sleeping. Toby just had to know if that was even possible. And that knowledge, that morbid curiosity had a cost: it unsettled him for days. It still gave him the heebie-jeebies, and he watched horror holos!

Last edited:

SPARKY
COMMERCIAL DISTRICT | PROVINIA
TAG: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria | Toby Perris Toby Perris

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

PARTY

"Alright, alright! Toby! Toby Perris! You?!"

Something told her she had to know the name, maybe she did know, but not right at that moment. She just bobbed and grinned. His laugh made him even cuter.
"Ceri Fraissi!" she introduced back with a holler before thrusting a fist in the air again at the end of the Veils song. She was totally in her element. She wished she could play like that. It was totally epic.

As the bands transitioned, Lily had another confused moment.
"is this not the same band?"
Ceri blinked at her friend for a couple of times. What? But Lily seemed to legit want to know.
"Uhm, no! These bands all share the same genre of music, though! They're all rockers! So that's why they sound almost the same!" she explained over the next song. "But they all have a different feel to their music, though! We call it sub-genres! But it's not for everyone, I admit!" Rock was something you get or you didn't. There wasn't a grey area. She looked at Toby. "You wanna add something?"

All the questions aside, though, she just loved being here with friends new and old while listening to absolutely good music. She had died and gone to heaven. Or she could die now.

Her life was complete now.

Outfit: Dress
Tag: Ceri Fraissi Ceri Fraissi | Toby Perris Toby Perris

Rockers? Why was the term rockers though? It sounded that Lily had to do a lot of research when she was back at the temple. Attempting to figuring out why these strange terms were being used, it could be a language issue, perhaps they were originally called something in another language and Basic term shifted it to rock and rockers, that happened a lot in languages she found. However, she could only figure that out once she researched several hours and Lily knew that this type of thing was going to be several hours long in terms of researching.

Looking at the pair, they seemed very in sync with the music and clearly shared an interest in music as well. It was a nice connection Lily thought, one that she felt a little awkward intruding on now with her questions and ignorance in the matter. "So... The band now, they are good as well then?" Lily asked curious, she couldn't really tell what she felt about it or not. She didn't have enough data to make an answer, it was one performance of a single song. There was no way she could know for certain whether they would be good or bad, for all she knew this was their only good song. Ceri and Toby would clearly have a better idea about what quality the band was.

"How do you dance to such a song like this? It is very crowded to do a full dance..." Lily admitted as she looked around, dancing was the closest she felt to fighting and communicating. There were emotions and feelings shared in dancing that were not always commonly expressed through word languages like Basic. From what Lily could see there was not much dancing but thrashing around, it seemed angry or aggressive in a way that she was unsure was good for the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom