Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Healing Sands | GA Dominion of Obroa-skai and Bogden

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"They invited senators, it's already political."

Iris glanced to the pair of Mirialans muttering amongst themselves. She stared at them for a moment though, then to where Amani and Alicio were. Really stared.

".. You're not Organa's right?"

She'd been gone for so long who knew, they could very well be the Organa's children for all she knew.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Saria Rae Saria Rae

Braze's mischievous grin grew wider as he listened to Loomi's response to his comment about the temple possibly being haunted by Jedi spirits. He enjoyed playing with the idea of ghosts and the unknown, though he didn't intend to genuinely scare anyone.

As Loomi expressed her uncertainty about exploring ruins, Braze's demeanor shifted from teasing to reassuring. He wanted to make sure she felt comfortable in their exploration. "Don't worry, Loomi. It's not about knowing what to look for right away. We're all here to learn and discover together," he said with a warm smile. "And hey, you've got Lucy with you, so you're definitely well-prepared."

When Jonyna mentioned meeting Force Ghosts before and having her mother's presence in her lightsaber, Braze's interest was piqued. It was always intriguing to hear about others' experiences with the Force and their connections to it. He nodded in acknowledgment of her comment and shifted his gaze to Jonyna as she shared her thoughts on what they might find in the temple.

Braze's expression turned contemplative as he considered the possibilities. "Kyber caves, lost holocron halls, an old training room... that all sounds pretty exciting," he chimed in. "Who knows what we might uncover here?"

With his curiosity piqued and a sense of unity in their shared exploration, Braze felt a growing anticipation about the discoveries they might make within the ancient temple's walls. The prospect of learning and unearthing forgotten teachings was a thrilling one, and he was ready to delve deeper into the mysteries of the past.

Giq1FWv.png

ACADEMY RUINS
Braze Braze Loomi Loomi Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"G-ghosts?"

Captain Drake turned around and shined his glowlamp in the young Jedi's face. No amount of credits from the Obroan Institute seemed worth this. Experience on the galactic frontier had earned him a small reputation guiding offworld expeditions. This was not the first time he'd worked with the New Jedi Order either.

"Nobody said anything about ghosts."

His face looked pale. An old Kathol Navy field jacket protected him from the elements. There was a Glie-44 blaster holstered to Drake's belt but that was a last resort. BD-7 emitted a fearful beep from its perch on the captain's shoulder.

"Just-" he took a deep breath, "Try not to touch anything that looks dangerous, okay kids?"

Last edited:
"Exactly. And don't sell yourself short Saria, you are well educated, in my eyes. A diplomat has to be, so they know what they're talking about." The Padawan smiled at his fellow Padawan, nudging her with his elbow carefully. He was mostly just trying to keep the smile on her face. It was importance to give people confidence. Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble helped to give him confidence, so he was hoping he could do the same for Saria.

Shan couldn't help but give a wave in the direction of Amani Serys Amani Serys a small grin spreading across the Mirialan's face at the sight of the Chief Healer. She was one of his role models at the end of the day, both from sharing a species but also because she was the Chief Healer. She was what Shan wanted to be eventually. It was also a reminder for why he had to try and keep hope right now. He couldn't let his frustrations over recent events get the best of him. Senator Alicio Organa Alicio Organa was a stranger to Shan however. Of course he knew about the Senator, but the Mirialan hadn't ever actually seen the man as he gave a wave over there as well.

"A political debate can sometimes be useful, Saria. It helps to exercise the mind sometimes, whilst getting their point across. Just remember, whilst they may be debating, it is nothing something we have to concern ourselves with. We can focus on the tour, and the tour alone."

He kept a smile on his face, before a newer stranger arrived in the form of...another Jedi, he hadn't really seen before. Whilst he waved his hand to her, his smile was almost instantly wiped off his face when they asked if he and Saria were Amani and Alicio's and it was almost with a frown though he shook his head.

"I...No. My parents are gone. I'm Shan. Shan Pavond."

Gone. That was a strange...term for Shan to use but it was technically true. He doubted he'd be able to see his mother, and he definitely did not want to see his father anymore. So...this was what he was going to go with.

Saria Rae Saria Rae Iris Arani Iris Arani

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-Skai
Tags: Braze Braze , Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Atlas Drake Atlas Drake

Loomi_divider.png

"G-ghosts?"

Loomi turned, giving a sympathetic look to the older man. He seemed rather chiseled, but the idea of ghosts seemed to genuinely shake him. His emotions were potent.

"I-It's okay," she tried to assure the explorer. "They're probably not dangerous ghosts, if there are even any."

She wasn't concerned about touching anything dangerous. This place felt safe after all. There was nothing here that would harm them, at least nothing that she could feel. She placed a hand on the wall, letting her mind connect to the stone. It was quiet. Peaceful. This place had been in rest for a long time.

"Maybe we'll find some holocrons..."

"Like in the archives?" Loomi asked. "I-I wonder what they could store..."

5vQy2JP.png

Obroa-Skai
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

saria_divider.png

"A political debate can sometimes be useful, Saria. It helps to exercise the mind sometimes, whilst getting their point across. Just remember, whilst they may be debating, it is nothing something we have to concern ourselves with. We can focus on the tour, and the tour alone."

"Perhaps," she noted with a frown, "But I do hope that they don't waste their time. Matters of diplomacy should be punctual."

The arrival of another Jedi seemed to completely change the topic. She asked if they were... Organa's? Saria frowned, shaking her head as Shan gave his answer.

"I'm afraid I have no parents as well, at least not biological ones," Saria noted. "I haven't met the Organa's as of yet."

That was weird. They were a rather young couple, at least in their mid to late twenties. Both her and Shan were at least in their upper teens. Weird. Anyways, that probably wasn't important.

"I'm Saria Rae," she finally introduced.

5vQy2JP.png

Aurora Medical Facility, Obroa-Skai
OBJ. 1
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl - Open -

There was a noticeable tilt of Alicio's head as he listened to the scarred senator. What she said didn't sit right with him, but it wasn't as if he could do anything about it in the span of one hospital tour. The woman was dedicated, that much was clear. No mind that strong would change so flippantly.

Perhaps there was something he could learn.

"I have yet to see a planet's populace grieve with you," he noted, standing with an open posture. "And if fear were the only thing that glued the Alliance together, one would think we'd bleed members in peacetime." His face was soft, non-judgemental, even as he voiced his contrasting ideals. "Have you wondered if they've seen something you haven't, and not the other way around?"

Amani found her way to his side, and Alicio suddenly remembered his manners. He'd gotten so distracted by the politics, he'd forgotten decorum. Smiling sheepishly, the Count bowed his head. "Sorry, I forget myself. I'm Alicio."

Alicio didn't hear the mutterings of the RTL delegate, but he turned his head slightly towards the man, as if tasting something on the air.

Last edited:
"No. I have no siblings."

Shan said rather abruptly. Family was not his favourite subject right now. If he hadn't been on edge at the family talk, he might have given more thought to the whole sibling idea. Though he shook his head as iris asked what they were both here to learn about and Shan just brought a smile onto his face.

"Yeah. Healing is one of my talents. One of the things I've always had a natural talent for. Master Serys actually took me on a mission roughly when I first joined."

Iris Arani Iris Arani Saria Rae Saria Rae

Spoke out of turn. he thought to himself. The Padawan should be seen and not heard.

Nathan instinctively turned his head away from Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , staring out into the frozen wilderness and back to the waiting facility. He didn't want the Senator able to recall him too easily. One idle comment from some unimpressive nobody could be dismissed. He doubted the Chief healer, Amani Serys Amani Serys , would pay it mind either.

Silently, as he studied the hospital, he contemplated silently what the others were saying passively. Nice good bubble shield...cover the whole building in Matrix Armor...yeah...might have a shot against bombardment... Of course, he would press for extra facilities to be created underground. If they gave him lip, he'd just dump more credits. That usually shut these types up.

Was it bribing your way to victory? Oh, my, yes. YES. It totally was.

On the other hand, these types never listened to anyone without credits. And if credits could obtain what moral reasoning or intimidation would fail at, was that not preferable, if the result was a non violent solution where both parties got what they wanted?

He listened to the other Padawans, while staring at landmarks of interest. That was the big difference between his era's Padawans and this one's...his era's Padawans had to learn to get paranoid, fast, because the Galaxy really was out to get them....

They'll need supplies... he thought to himself. Safehouses. Food. Emergency Teachers. Where do I get emergency Teachers and keep them on ice until needed?

Nathan began to wonder if there were any enterprising knights who had a death wish/didn't mind sleeping potentially a few decades somewhere forgotten until the need arose. How to compensate?

I'll probably have to have them made, like I did with Julia's original guardian. Guess I better see if there are any shards lookin' for work...

Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl was correct in that she didn't pay his presence much mind. He moved away from them soon after, standing nearer to his "fellow" padawans.

"I have yet to see a planet's populace grieve with you."

"How long will you be here on Obroa-skai?" she asked, an almost playful smirk curling one corner of her painted mouth. He was being gentle with her, she noted. She certainly wasn't trying to insult or humiliate him by arguing against his viewpoint, but she wasn't demure about it. Civil and respectful, but still on the attack with her questions. "Long enough to interview the ordinary citizens and learn what they think? Or will you only glimpse what the people who made the arrangements to join the GA want you to see?"

"If fear were the only thing that glued the Alliance together, one would think we'd bleed members in peacetime."

"I can think of a few reasons which would prevent member worlds from leaving—aside from the fact that we've not had a truly lasting period of peace in a long, long time," she said, her head swiveling forward. The group was finally being led inside to begin the tour. As they entered the main building the cold winds ceased to blow, and Sycorax's gravity-defying hair stood on end once again. "Forget the geopolitical impracticality of trying to be a sovereign island in the middle of an allied sea, too. Joining the Alliance means building connections between worlds. The ties that bind become increasingly complex and intricate, until they can hardly be fathomed. Sever one, and you have a crisis on your hands. Try to cut yourself loose, and you'll collapse in the absence of the support you've grown to rely upon. No one likes to be vulnerable."

Sycorax turned to face him again as the tour guide began to prattle on about the facility, its research and technology, and how it would all benefit the Alliance. She lowered her voice so as not to disturb those around them. "There is no returning to what once was. The cost is sunk, like a failed marriage between two people who have nowhere else to go. It's a sorry state to be in. That is why I mourn."

"Have you wondered if they've seen something you haven't, and not the other way around?"

"There is plenty that I don't see," she said with a nod. "But I try to make a point of seeing what the 'majority' misses. I listen to what most would habitually tune out, either because they don't care enough, or don't want to hear it."

"Sorry—Don't mean to interrupt. You are…?"

"Sycorax Laveaux, Senator of Dahrtag. Better known as Necropolis." Alicio introduced himself as well. She raised a penciled eyebrow. "Do you know what they say about you, Alicio?"

Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective One
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

The eastern sector of the Colonies region of the galaxy was beginning to wear on the young Du Couteau heir. Damian’s eyes struggled to remain open as his hand attempted to stifle down a yawn, quite unsuccessfully. He looked around and saw his cup of recaf, his eyes narrowed with disgust as his hand lifted it up to his lips and drank it quickly. His situation hadn’t changed much in the last few months, which in some cases was worth celebrating but in Damian’s opinion he wished for a down-turn.

Sustainable growth was a common trope discussed among politicians and diplomats whenever a Corporatist Party Member begins to make headway. The uncomfortable truth though for them is that the Corporatist was right, the Galaxy had entered into a peace and the Alliance has only grown ever larger because of it. Or rather, the Alliance caused the peace in many circumstances. While Imperial Remnants were hounding the far reaches of Alliance Borders, the Sith threat was mostly contained in the outer reaches of the western galactic quadrant.

Damian felt the caffeine begin to take its effect and his attention returned back to his data-slate. With another system being introduced into the Alliance it meant another population added to the market, new trade agreements, contract work, union organizing and perhaps most importantly foreign investment wanting to get first entry advantage in the markets. For Damian’s part he was here to provide Union representation through the Royal Miner’s Guild of Teta. It was an effective Worker’s Block that allowed Damian massive influence over the Industrialists back on Teta, as well as provide a sizable voter base.

His father had planted the seed for the Nobility of Teta to challenge the Industrialists during the reign of a Corporatist Administration underneath the Avaricious Chancellor Tithe. A Man to never underestimate, my father said in his journal. Damian eyed the calculations being run on his data-slate and sighed as he slouched into his chair. The Royal Merchant Fleet hadn’t been ready to meet the exponential need of fuel to not only maintain their current orders and contracts, but to add to them the current pace of expansion of the Alliance.
And I don’t see the Alliance stopping anytime soon.
Vy2NTqS.png

Alicio and the woman (now properly introduced as Senator Leveaux) had fallen into an impromtu, exhibition debate of sorts. Amani gave her husband an amused glance. Senators just couldn't help themselves it seems. Perhaps they should be grateful that these two took their jobs seriously enough for it make a worthwhile discussion even off the Chamber floor.

Amani was no politician herself, but her role among the Jedi demanded a degree of diplomatic acumen. She listened politely, not quite finding it her place to speak until the woman from Dahrtag had finished responding to Alicio. "…What would you gain from independence, Senator Leveaux?" The mirialan suddenly asked, prompting a hypothetical, "The Alliance is gone. Dahrtag is a sovereign planet. What do you get that wasn't there before?" The question wasn't a leading one, it was genuine. Though her position was evidently on the side of the Alliance. While it suffered from the bloat and bureaucracy of most large governments, she found it to be a net positive on galactic cooperation and unity. And it wasn't exactly the most constrictingly conformist nation out there. Dahrtag's culture in particular certainly stood out even after all these years of shared government with the rest of the Core.

5vQy2JP.png

Obroa-Skai
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Iris Arani Iris Arani

saria_divider.png

"No. I have no siblings."

That was correct, but why did it sting so much? Saria felt weird. She'd just push that thought to the back of her mind and nod with agreement. It was true, after all. She didn't have any siblings either.

"I'm not a healer," Saria explained. "My interest lies far more in matters of diplomacy. Especially with the upcoming conflict the NJO has great need of negotiators. We can't just focus on violence."

She was not much of a combatant at all, but she understood it's place. Still, it was not the only way to solve a problem. Learning to speak to people on their level was sometimes the best way to resolve a conflict, not to mention it was far easier to protect people when you actively communicated with them.

"I assume you're a healer then, yes?" she asked.

5vQy2JP.png

Aurora Medical Facility, Obroa-Skai
OBJ. 1
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - Open -

Alicio's smile mirrored Sycorax's. He didn't often enjoy the games of the senate, mostly because the views he opposed were often entirely greedy and corporation-focused. Their goals were different, so they could never truly agree. Vocally sparring with someone else that disagreed on how to help people, however, he found far more agreeable. "I arrived when you did," he conceded, losing none of his sure posture. "I've talked to more average citizens than you may give me credit for, but you are correct, I tend not to stay. There's always work to do." One doesn't simply go for a fortnight-long hunt with a party of Gotals on a whim. He genuinely tried to understand the people he worked for.

But she was right, in the end. He didn't have the time to judge the political landscape of a world once the festivals were over. It was something to think about.

He didn't see a lesson he could impart to himself in her next points, however. "If any worlds were chomping at the bit to secede, the time would have been at the end of the Hyperspace War." The Alliance had breathed a sigh of relief, after the Maw collapsed. Alicio wouldn't have blamed a planetary government for thinking the worst was over. How could they have known more was ahead?

The senator's smile sharpened, as if he'd chambered the tiniest of 'gotchas'. "So we can agree that planets join the Alliance for safety, to secure political ties to planets around them that are difficult to sever, and for economic benefits that overshadow what they could accomplish separately?" Those were the top reasons to join the Alliance, in Alicio's opinion. What his fellow statesman believed on the matter would inform much of how he thought of her.

Both the politician's and his wife's final questions were met with raised, curious eyebrows. He was interested in hearing both answers from Senator Laveaux.

"If any worlds were chomping at the bit to secede, the time would have been at the end of the Hyperspace War."

Sycorax canted her head to the side. "No one is 'chomping at the bit' to secede. Not if doing so means you lose more than you gain. Even if what you would gain is priceless."

"…What would you gain from independence, Senator Leveaux?"

"Freedom," she answered without hesitation. "A chance to start over, without the shackles of an exterior bureaucracy more concerned about gaining new worlds than taking care of the ones it already has to weigh us down. Beholden to no one but ourselves."

Alicio didn't respond to her question, but he seemed eager to hear her answer. "They say that you will be Chancellor of the Alliance one day," she said. "Having met you just now, I can't say whether I agree or disagree with them yet. But it is worth noting."

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-skai
Objective II - Jedi Ruins

GAPostBreaker.png

The antechamber echoed with the thuds of boots as Cailen, his Master, and her partner walked across the stone floor. He brushed his hands against his biceps, trying to rub a bit of warmth into his cold muscles, but he was grinning despite the weather; There was just something about old Jedi sites like the Academy that amazed the Padawan.

"Master?" Cailen asked as they went, his eyes unsure of what to look at next. "How old do you think this place is?"

Centuries was his guess, but he couldn't be sure.

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-Skai
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

"If I answer that, am I getting another age joke thrown at me?"

Valery smirked at her Padawan, before she turned to her husband to throw a preemptive glare his way. If anybody was going to make the joke, she suspected it would be him. He... probably knew enough about her to know she had actually been on Obroa-Skai before her stasis too.

Back when she was guiding a new Jedi emissary into their role on the planet.

"What do you two think we'll find in here? An interesting artifact? Ancient texts?"

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

Giq1FWv.png

OBJECTIVE II

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Obroa Jedi Academy, Obroa-skai |
| TAG: Open! |

If there was anything that fascinated this curious little astromech, it was knowledge - raw, unfiltered knowledge for him to digest and learn from. BB-610's memory banks were a treasure trove of history, and the notion of broadening his vast collection of the galaxy's lore excited him to no end. He could leave the Sith and the war crimes and the life threatening terrorism to all the trained Jedi he knew; this was what enticed him. And so off he went, landing on the planet of Obroa-skai -- he was just as much a part of the Jedi Order was anybody else by now, he reasoned to himself, so there was hardly any reason for him to not stop on by for some healthy research.

The droid was giddy from excitement as he stared at the academy's entrance. Such a pristine moment in history, frozen in time for all to admire! There was so much to learn from years upon years of information, all contained in books, holocrons, and ancient artifacts he couldn't wait to examine. Enabling his flashlight, BB-610 peered below, glancing at the steep slope that fed into the academy's main hall. The astromech tried his luck, inching downward, but he could already tell that the gained momentum would be a little too much for his taste. So, aiming one of his liquid cable launchers from a tool-bay disk, BB-610 fired a tight cord that tethered to a nearby pillar as he slowly descended at a much more leisurely pace.

While lowering, however, the droid could feel his hook begin to loosen. Glancing skyward, he noticed that the area he'd grappled to had worn with time, crumbling with rubble, until it finally gave way and sent the poor astromech speeding down the slope, unable to halt himself until he CRASHED into a nearby assortment of items, clashing into an archaic blackboard covered in a white sheet, spinning it and flinging the sheet onto his body. Vision obscured, BB-610 wobbled and tumbled, rolling around blindly as he wailed loudly for help, waltzing around looking like what was best described as a bedsheet ghost.

GADividerBlue.png

As they entered the facility, Nathan was idly listening to the tour guide, but he was more interested in the banter between two Senators, and listened to that more as he followed along.

It pretty much confirmed what he was already understanding of the Alliance. So greedy for planets they end up not being much different from Imperials in that aspect. The bloating made his job ten times more difficult. On the other hand, these populations, he was realizing had a bad habit of having short memories...if you don't take them, they go running to whoever will. How many times have these planets changed leaders just in the last forty years?

Populaces like this got no loyalty. Too well fed. Too coddled. A part of himself in the back of his head started to understand, at least partly, why his fallen traitor of a Daughter, Laertia Io Laertia Io , hated these governments so much, and possibly even hated the civilizations they guarded.

Too soft. That's what he noticed. Perhaps it was better a populace be made to suffer regularly, he mused. Misery would certainly teach them who their real friends are. But no. Provide too much. Keep them docile. Keep getting re-elected. Sometimes he wondered if he shouldn't just consider supporting the Mandalorians, like Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida . At least their population was smart enough to shoot back instead of just running like all these fethin' weaklings--

He stopped himself, realizing the thoughts were dangerous, born of internal frustration and confusion over what his objective should actually be beyond avenging himself on the Cultists.

Did he even want these governments to survive? Or just the Jedi? If he wasn't exactly fond of them, or their populace, why go to the trouble of trying to help them?

I do not abide chaos he reminded himself as he studied the hospital security. The other Padawans, if they were smart, were as much studying the Senator's conversation as they were engaging in their own musings.

I absolutely do not abide chaos.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom