Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Healing Sands | GA Dominion of Obroa-skai and Bogden

Bad Actors... Alicio Organa Alicio Organa didn't know the half of it.

When he was young, Nathan had always wondered what a functional Galactic Government was like. Now that he actually lived in a functional major faction...he remained unimpressed with a shockingly vast number of them. The Leaders, that is.

Already, even in the league he had witnessed such trusted officials make absolutely baffling, hair brained decisions that cost them tactically, in the favor of being perceived as heroic.

Hearts and Minds, he was told when he asked.

Why would I want such inherently fickle hearts and minds? he asked himself, keeping his thoughts locked tight and hidden. They'll turn on you the instant you fail and go to the other side for what they lie to themselves is a better deal. Inherently disloyal.

But he listened all the same, staring intently at whatever the tour guide pointed at. Some of the female AND male interns gave him googly eyes as he passed by them.

(Cutaway of Nathan sitting in an elegant chair by a fireplace.)

(Nathan: It's not my fault I look like Ackles. Blame the Narrator.)

The endless bickering of prosperity versus sovereignty crashed like waves between Alicio, Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux , and Amani Serys Amani Serys

The Dahrtag Senator might not be wrong... he mused to himself. But I want 'both' their cooperation. Amani will be the real problem. She'll try and pull Organa back if she smells anything fishy.

He stopped, blinking a bit in a moment of internal confusion.

Do I WANT to do something fishy?

Nathan had ambition, but it was the sort of ambition in coming up with the most effective survival methods to keep from being destroyed by Sith in general, in addition to crushing the Cult of The Brain Demon. The trouble was the millions and millions of others who had different ideas of what survival entailed. Or even what victory could be defined as. And the Jedi...

For the Jedi it was just business as usual. Like one succession of mass slaughters every decade or so was normal.

He didn't know what to make of that. Plague Era Jedi would have been horrified by their lack of precautions. Only his own form of indoctrination prevented him from experiencing the same level of anxiety. It was simply one more thing to work around.

But how to make it palatable?

But he was settled. In a few days, a proxy would contact both senators. They seemed among the least worst answers he had at the moment...

Last edited:
5vQy2JP.png

Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

“If whether or not someone gets paid determines their merit, then I can’t imagine how you find merit in anyone.”

Sycorax gave Amani an odd look, wondering how she could’ve completely missed the point about the tour guide, but Alicio swiftly put into words what the Senator of Dahrtag was thinking. The conversation then shifted to the subject of the New Jedi Order.

The couple were cutesy with each other, sharing innuendo about Jedi and politics mixing. Sycorax’s gaze started to wander, wishing there were refreshments available. Something alcoholic would’ve been nice.

That may be so, but Kahlil Noble shouldn’t be representing the NJO to begin with,” she said, her dark eyes refocusing on Alicio and Amani. “He acts like what he is—a brazen warrior being forced to play politics. Someone more level-headed and trained in diplomacy would be better suited to the role.

She had only mentioned Ukatis, but Alicio brought up Rodia. “Those are two different scenarios, but both show signs of imperialism taking root.” At bureaucratic red tape, her eyebrows rose. “Are either of you aware of the current political situation on Ukatis?" she asked. "From what I understand, the sudden death of their Crown Prince has had potentially catastrophic effects. Being an old-school monarchy, without an heir to the throne they will most likely have another civil war once their current king dies. And I hear he is already in poor health..."

"Would you rather the Alliance assume direct control of the Jedi?"

She took a deep breath, then exhaled in a long sigh. “I am undecided. On one hand, I am appalled at the current state of things, which makes me want to do something about it. But my personal principles would prevent me from imposing on the sovereignty of a private religious institution.” She took a deep breath, then exhaled in a long sigh. “If the Alliance were to wash its hands of the Order, they would at least be able to claim no responsibility for their actions. Give them over to the mob to do with them what they will... Either way, they'd probably wind up as martyrs.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Most of it is diagnostic. If you don't know what's wrong, you can't fix it. Not a lot of it is portable, though. Bacta tanks even less so, and they're probably the best thing for someone to heal in. There's some things you can easily teach people, but not everything." Iris glanced to Shan for a moment, giving him a simple nod. She understood the intention. It's how she often felt about Denon. But there were limits.

And it was important for Jedi to know them.

"It's never too late to learn, though. The more you know, the better off you'll be."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Saria Rae Saria Rae

Shan returned the nod. He understood that you couldn't teach everything to people. You could lead a Bantha to water, but you couldn't make it drink at the end of the day. The Mirialan wasn't the kind of person to try and push when he knew it was a hopeless cause...Okay, no. That's a lie. He is definitely the type who would try to keep pushing, even if it was hopeless. Sometimes, especially if it was hopeless at the end of the day. He wanted to support as many people as he could, but he just tried to stay focused on what Iris was saying.

"Exactly. I want to try and learn as much as I can about healing. I'm not much of a fighter, but healing? It's something I've always had a natural talent for. At least, that's how I've felt."

Saria Rae Saria Rae Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Holocrons can contain a wealth of knowledge. They might have battle strategies, ancient Jedi philosophies, or even lightsaber techniques that have been forgotten for centuries. And, given the age of this place, who knows what unique insights they might hold?"

Braze could sense Captain Drake's unease and decided to lighten the mood.

"Relax, Captain. If there are any ghosts, they're more likely to offer us sage advice than hexes," he said with a chuckle. "We're here on a quest for knowledge, not to stir up trouble."

His eyes caught the glimmer of something hidden among the ruins. It was an archway, barely visible under the accumulation of dust and grime. The Force hummed, tingling at his fingertips as they approached the hidden passage.

"Ah, what do we have here?" Braze muttered, brushing away the dust to reveal ancient inscriptions. "Looks like we might be onto something."

Whether they'd find holocrons, kyber crystals, or merely the echoes of the past, each step forward promised to reveal another layer of the ancient Jedi legacy.

"Shall we proceed?" he asked, looking back at Loomi, Jonyna, and the visibly unsettled Captain Drake. "After all, we're here to discover, and discovery waits for no one."

"I didn't say getting paid was a reason to trust someone," Amani restated annoyedly. More than anything it was the side jab at journalists that made her want to roll her eyes. And the Organas had more reason than most to be irritated with journalists.

But the looks from both Alicio and Leveuax already had her feeling intellectually disparaged. Then Leveaux went so far as to talk about giving the Jedi Order over to the “mob" which intentional or not, was phrased exceptionally like a threat, including talk of martyrdom. Amani no longer felt welcome among the political talk, and rubbed her arm uncomfortably. The tour was moving on, perhaps it would be best to focus back on her job, "I'll leave the politics to our ambassador," She said flatly, and turned to leave, "Nice meeting you."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

<I could, that's true. .. Maybe I should.>

And like that he was suddenly incredibly eager to try it out. Later. Not here. With the two of them. Cailen was the one they were going to watch after and make sure he didn't get overwhelmed by the sensation.

And the ruins. So many secrets to find.

"We do have ropes you know." He raised a brow, glancing down to Valery with a smirk. "Don't need to lift him up there when we can climb."

Cailen Corso Cailen Corso | Valery Noble Valery Noble

5vQy2JP.png

Aurora Medical Facility, Obroa-Skai
OBJ. 1
- Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux - Open -

"Or perhaps senators shouldn't be entertaining the idea of betraying our staunchest allies," Alicio countered, a hint of annoyance in his words. Kahlil was a friend. Perhaps, in private, he could offer his assistance to the Shield. But the Count had a bit more faith in Master Noble than his counterpart did.

The Senator from Dahrtag seemed convinced that both events somehow showed signs of imperialism. Not only that, but that the Jedi had destabilized Ukatis. "Were you told that the Jedi assassinated the Crown Prince?" Now that would be a concerning development. "The current power base is destabilized, yes. In my opinion, the Alliance should certainly intervene to stop a civil war in one of it's member worlds. In fact, I believe it's protocol. Unless you'd rather leave them to sort it out themselves." More bait, sure. But a fair conjecture, nonetheless.

It seemed Alicio didn't take Sycorax's last few comments as she may have intended, either. He hoped she had meant it as harmless speculation, but it certainly sounded like she considered it a valid option. He picked up on Amani Serys Amani Serys ' discomfort, which immediately set the Count on edge. He puckered his lips, nodding his head at Amani. "I'll... catch up soon," he offered, his head ticking down.

There was a moment of pause, before Alicio finally spoke. "You're ultimate goal is for Dahrtag to secede from the Alliance. If that's the case... why join the Senate?"

Last edited:

It was political theater, Alicio,” Sycorax said. “That shambling Imperialist mummy rarely leaves his tomb except to stir up trouble. Nearly everyone in the Assembly plays the part of puppet at one point or another, but it’s rare that you can so obviously see the strings. Whether his cackling supervillain performance was intended as a trap or a test, Kahlil didn’t do as well as he should have. He lacks the political savvy to recognize the manufactured drama for what it is.

Sycorax watched Amani Serys Amani Serys leave, wondering if the reason for her departure was due to discomfort with the shift in topic. Ah, well.

"Were you told that the Jedi assassinated the Crown Prince?"

No, nothing so blatantly fiendish as that. But I did hear a rumor that the Jedi blackmailed the Crown into covering up the truth,” Sycorax replied, her tone almost nonchalant even as she leaned toward him and lowered her voice to a more conspiratorial volume—an act which necessitated enveloping Alicio inside her personal cloud of security. “One can’t help but notice that the former Princess is now in their custody.

"The current power base is destabilized, yes. In my opinion, the Alliance should certainly intervene to stop a civil war in one of its member worlds. In fact, I believe it's protocol. Unless you'd rather leave them to sort it out themselves."

Alicio,” she began with a somber sigh. “I could bring up Chaldea now, but I have no particular desire to reopen what must be a terrible wound. Suffice to say, intervention can drag things out or make things worse. Especially if the true motivation for the GA getting involved in a civil war on an otherwise unremarkable agricultural world would be so that our staunchest allies could cover their asses. Pardon my Zeltronian.” She leaned against the railing overlooking a medical bay area, watching the hustle and bustle of droids, doctors, and nurses below. “But it’s all conjecture anyway. Maybe the Ukatians will dig up some illegitimate son and install him on the throne before things get too out of hand. It’s been done before in other monarchies.

"You're ultimate goal is for Dahrtag to secede from the Alliance. If that's the case... why join the Senate?"

I was asked,” came her simple, honest reply. “After years of corruption and scandal, the people wanted someone they knew they could trust. I was Mayor of Lamont before this, and a damned good one at that, but I had no ambitions of being a senator.” She shrugged. “In politics, if you refuse to play the game you lose by default. If no one else can do it right, you must step up and do it yourself.

She studied him in profile, eyes wandering over his finely shaped features. They were very much alike, she realized. That wasn’t so rare—people with opposing views could actually have a great deal in common. She just didn’t expect to find it here. “A word of advice,” she said softly. “Every now and then, get back to your roots. Pretend that you’re not the Senator or the Count or even the husband of a Jedi Councilor, but only the little diplomat who wants to help. It soothes the soul. And my door is always open, if you ever wish to talk.

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-skai
Objective II - Jedi Ruins

GAPostBreaker.png

Cailen was beaming, trying his best to convince Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to go along with her idea. He’d pull every stop short of pleading to convince them.

He’d learned from and old Jedi on Dagobah that sensory deprivation helped a Jedi use psychometry more deliberately. Cailen did his best with closed eyes, even sometimes practicing in the darkness of his dorm at night.

But levitating would be next-level.

“I-I can do it!” he stammered with excitement.

They were both powerful Jedi, and he had grown a lot since the last time he used his abilities. Even then, being on Tython and seeing what he saw was only enough to make his nose bleed; He survived the ordeal and found his greatest possession with use of psychometry.

Cailen was pretty confident he’d be safe in their hands.

He looked to both Jedi with a longing gaze, his voice coming down from the rush of pure excitement now.

“I can do it,” he repeated.

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-Skai
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

<Mhmm~>

She was grinning a little but when she stared up at the ceiling and heard Kahlil vouch for using ropes to get up there, she blinked and gave him a bit of a look. "Love, I'm all about not using the Force when we don't need to but... that's quite a climb." They'd have to climb up the walls and then across the ceiling, which was some complicated climbing as well. Not that they couldn't, but it'd take a lot out of them.

"You sure it isn't safer if we lift him up there? Psychometry can be overwhelming, so it'd let us keep a hold on him." Not that they couldn't catch him if they were to climb but...

It was cold and she didn't like climbing in the cold.

"Up to you two, but we'll get you up there," Valery smiled at Cailen. "As long as you promise to tell us exactly what you see, hm? I'm quite curious about this place now."

Giq1FWv.png

ACADEMY RUINS
Braze Braze Loomi Loomi Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"I'm relaxed!" he did not sound relaxed, "Friendly spirits. Sacred texts. Sounds wizard."

Captain Drake lifted his glowlamp and visibly jumped when the statue of a robed Jedi loomed down at them. He was supposed to be looking after these apprentice sorcerers yet could barely control his own superstitious dread.

"What are we looking at, BD-7?"

His droid scanned the inscription Braze had found. It was old enough that BD couldn't translate it alone. Maybe with access to a Jedi database but not here.

"Guess every once in a while, both suns shine on a womp rat's tail," Drake grinned and punched Braze's shoulder, "We can take a quick look around."

BD-7 scurried excitedly on little mechanical legs from artifact to artifact. Drake entered the old Jedi archive with his holstered blaster grip in hand, ready to draw at a moment's notice. There were no apparent signs of undeath...so far.

5vQy2JP.png

Aurora Medical Facility, Obroa-Skai
OBJ. 1
- Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux -

"The second a thought is voiced in the Senate," the Count said, observing something along the tour, "It is given power. It may be a performance now, but that line of thinking is the kind to fester if not taken seriously. A strong stance is the only acceptable response." Still, Alicio frowned. "But I agree. Master Kahlil should not have said all that he did. I imagine that meeting will cast a dark shadow over his next few appearances."

Alicio stayed still as Sycorax enveloped him into her circle, well aware that her guards were watching his every move. "If the Jedi aren't directly involved in the current succession crisis, then it sounds like a failure of the state, rather than any wrongdoing by the Order. If anything, we've learned that governments installed by martial coup tend to be flimsy."

I could bring up Chaldea now, but I have no particular desire to reopen what must be a terrible wound."

Too late.

Alicio visibly snarled as Chaldea was mentioned, turning away from Senator Laveaux to hide some of his anger, his pain. The senator's very presence in the Force grew heavy, a sickly-sweet dread in the air. Then, as if it were a trick of the light, Alicio was normal once more, fighting to regain his calm. Someone not sensitive to it perhaps could blame the feeling on a sudden chill. But the Count could only hope the Padawans were far enough away not to feel the shift in the Force.

Unsurprisingly, he didn't comment on the rest of her thought. Nor her origins. Only her word of advice, which seemed to put a smile, however shallow, on his face. "That time of my life was not very soothing, Senator. Besides..."

"I will always be who I am. A servant of the people."

"Be seeing you."
Alicio took his leave of his new colleague, returning to Amani Serys Amani Serys ' side. Once there, he quietly held her hand.

- EXIT -

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-skai

GAPostBreaker.png

"As long as you promise to tell us exactly what you see, hm? I'm quite curious about this place now."

“I will, I promise!” he said, bouncing on his toes.

He fixed his gaze on the mural overhead, already getting a sense of what memories it may reveal. Cailen slowed his breathing while the Jedi prepared to lift him upward. His eyes fluttered shut, closing him off from the physical world while his mind eased off into the Force.

Then came the sensation of weightlessness as his feet left the stone floor beneath him.

It was as strange feeling but Cailen stayed focused on the mural. He traced its designs behind his eyelids, recalling the colorful masonry like a well-studied map. His fingertips reached forward, and when his palm lay flush against the stone, the pictures began dancing through his head.

“They were… scientists?” Cailen said softly. He watched memories of a Jedi tending to some kind of data archive. The room was unfamiliar, but certainly some part of the original Obroan Academy.

Imagery of Jedi initiates studying beneath the full beauty of the mural came to him next. Maps, charts, statistics…

“…analysts,” Cailen corrected.

“They’re collecting lots of data- analyzing it and storing it somewhere in the Academy.”

He relived pieces of dozens of memories in the span of mere moments, watching a spliced history of Jedi Consulars collecting and studying knowledge from all over the galaxy. A faint smile touched his lips; Centuries had passed since these Jedi had lived, yet they behaved so similarly to the New Jedi now. It amazed the Padawan to see for himself just how timeless their Order was.

But the smile quickly faded as the memories shifted. A violent black fog, inky and sharp, spread over the mural. He couldn’t see the Consulars at work anymore, only shadows of where they stood.

“Master…?” he muttered. “S-something’s… wrong.”

His eyes danced behind his eyelids as he searched the memories for the cause of the darkness. Suddenly, a crimson lightsaber ignited among the fog. Blasterfire filled his senses, and for a brief moment, he could almost smell the burned tibanna in the air. The Consulars stood to fight, but they were overwhelmed.

“They’re under attack,” the Padawan said. He clenched his jaw tight, holding onto the painful past.

“Stormtroopers? And- and a Sith.”

The clarity of the memories became an inky blur of lightsabers igniting and then dying against the single red blade, until only the Sith remained. Then… nothing.

“They… they were wiped out,” Cailen said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Last edited:

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-Skai
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

<I know what you're thinking.>

There was just a faint smirk on her lips while she looked at her husband. Having grown up in a jungle, Valery never liked the cold, and the idea of a difficult cold while she couldn't feel her toes didn't sound too appealing. He knew that played a huge part in this, and she knew that he'd tease her about it.

But that would have to wait.

Together with Kahlil, she gently lifted Cailen off the floor with the Force, and slowly brought him up towards the mural. She was careful not to go too fast, and kept a rather intense focus on him. There was no way she'd allow him to fall or even move an inch without it being her intention to make him move.

Then she watched, and smiled as the first of the memories began to reach out to him through the Force. What he described sounded wonderful, and Valery wondered if they'd be able to find any of the data they had left behind. But what started as something that sparked curiosity, turned into a nightmare. Valery blinked, and felt the sudden shift in her Padawan as the final memories of the Jedi here flashed through his mind.

"Cailen, snap back out of it!" She called out, but it was too late and he was forced to endure.

By the time it had finished, he told them what happened and Valery frowned while she brought him down. Much like other Temples in the Galaxy, this one had been attacked and destroyed by forces of evil. "...maybe we can still find something related to the old Jedi here? A way to remember them." She looked at Kahlil now, clearly with a bit of regret in her eyes. She just had to have him tap into the past.

This was her fault.

"If the Jedi aren't directly involved in the current succession crisis, then it sounds like a failure of the state, rather than any wrongdoing by the Order. If anything, we've learned that governments installed by martial coup tend to be flimsy."

"Do you perhaps feel a need to defend your planet's own monarchal style of government, Count Organa?" she asked. "But yes, it was always flimsy. I am simply... questioning."

"That time of my life was not very soothing, Senator. Besides... I will always be who I am. A servant of the people."

"It was a simpler time, though, wouldn't you say?" She gave him a doubtful look. After the conversation they'd just had and the conclusions they'd reached, he still styled himself as a servant of the people? He was braver than she thought. And more delusional, too.

As she watched him leave, one of her guards snorted. "How'd you manage to make two new enemies during a guided tour?"

"Not enemies," she muttered. "But I suspect that they are both unused to having their views challenged by someone they could not easily dismiss as evil or corrupt. They didn't seem to know what to say, either one of them. I didn't fit their idea of a friend or a foe." She cast a glance toward the couple, who were now holding hands a fair distant ahead of her. "The Senate has been divided between radical black and white sides for too long. It's high time someone introduced some shades of gray."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a sigh as the Padawan was lowered before glancing to Valery. And just raised a brow. <He is your Padawan. Don't look at me with regret. Focus on him.> There was a lesson in everything, especially mistakes and failures. He turned his gaze to the room around them, scanning for any signs of those who'd likely be left out. Sith, Stormtroopers, they weren't the kindest when it came to their purging of Jedi.

No matter the age.

"Possibly. Whatever they were seeking to uncover sounds like the Sith didn't want them to."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

Giq1FWv.png

Obroa-skai

GAPostBreaker.png

Cailen wanted to open his eyes as soon as the memories died, but he held on for a moment to ensure his psychometric link was safe to sever before pulling out of the past. He looked to his Master with apologetic eyes.

“That was… intense,” he said, laughing uneasily as the Jedi lowered him down.

Cailen could sense his Master’s worry, but despite the darkest part of his vision, he was proud of what he’d witnessed. The Padawan had overcome a lot since his last psychometric episode, and considered how old and powerful these memories were, he was pleased to have seen this much at all.

“It was so vivid, even more than-“ … he was going to say Tython, but the eyes being flashed between his Master and her husband warded him from bringing up another close-call with his ability.

“-than before,” he settled.

“The Academy was amazing! They were scientists and researchers, with huge volumes of data. They studied it here,” he explained, nodding to the mural, “then stored their findings in a- in a vault or something.”

Cailen reflected for a second, brows furrowed as he thought. He nodded approvingly at his own conclusion.

“Definitely a vault. Someplace safe and hidden, here in the temple.”

He look to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble with eagerness.

“Do you think it’s still here? Maybe we can find it!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom