Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship GS-60 "Valkyrie" Class Heavy TIE Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoi-anh-slicer-ren0000-1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Valkyrie -
    • Armed with a frontal array of 24 proton beam cannons, the Valkyrie is able to lay out an exceptional amount of damage. Brutal, efficient, it is built to lay into small capital ships, specialized points on larger vessels, ground emplacements, and even transport fleets with a higher shot chance than conventional bombers. This allows it to help screen for smaller ships, while partially engaging the likes of starfighters - though not nearly to the same level as even regular fighters.
WEAKNESSES
  • Bertha -
    • While its certainly a powerful vessel, the reality is the heavy fighter suffers in a secondary role as any sort of air to air fighter. While possible, the manuervabiulity and speed of the Valkyrie limit its operational effectiveness when faced with anything but the weakest of enemy fighters. Strictly meant for engaging smaller capital ships, it will not stand up to the test of time against anything smaller than it.
DESCRIPTION

khoi-anh-slicer-ren0005-1.jpg

Once more into the breach, Jaeger Solutions looked to offer the Lords of the Sith a more certain approach to ground assaults, attacking small capital ships, and otherwise decimating a variety of targets with greater precision than bombs or rockets often allowed. This is where the Valkyrie was created - based on both the TIE platform, and built slightly off the 'big gun' model of the GS-90. Powerful, strong, and girthy - the Valkyrie serves as the mainline heavy fighter for the would be Lords of the Sith fleet.​
With its primary armament being synchronized proton beam cannons, the Valkyrie prides itself in being a singularly destructive force on the battlefield. When fired, 24 proton beams are sent out to a single target - keeping parallel up to 2km before reaching a critical centerpoint. In practice, this means that the ship can launch powerful strikes up to very long distances to take out very precise targets - say installations, shield generators, or anything that might stop bombers from getting an opening. Even anti-air can become a target, due to the sheer range of the cannons.​
All in all, this makes the Valkyrie not necessarily a step up from the GS-90, but certainly makes it a sister to her in flexibility. With a hyperdrive, higher squadron count, and reasonably better defenses - the Valkyrie has plenty of operational options provided to it not many other ships of its class have. Branded with Jaeger's seal of approval, it ships out to the frontlines quickly and efficiently.​

Last edited:
Alright, had to talk it over but I think I got the idea on it.

My main issue is that there is 24x Proton Beam Cannons on this bad boy. My issue is that the one shown in Rebels had 4x Proton Beam Cannons but I still like the idea of this but the wording is...overpowered.

Why not use instead the Composite-Beam Lasers from the LAAT Gunships? They are smaller, not as powerful but give the same effect you are looking for.

Otherwise...I wish for you to reduce the amount of Proton Beam Cannons on this...as this length of this is very close to the same length of the B-Wing in the show.

Let me know what you intend to do and we can work from there.
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Would changing the kind of laser on it tangibly alter the rating or de facto damage output of the submission? Assumedly the Proton Beam Cannon would be scaled down to the strength of an heavy fighter with extreme armament, and the Composite Beam Lasers would be scaled up to a Heavy Fighter.

Or does the rating, in this case, not actually mean anything?

I ask this because I feel as though the choice of Proton Beam Cannon is simply flavor. In reality, I'm not sure it actually matters what kind of laser I list, just want to maintain the creative integrity of the design.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

I understand completely from that standpoint. Yes, I understand it is flavor yet there is almost no real wookieepedia page that shows a smaller version of this properly. Unfortunately the only thing we got to work on is the B-Wing which uses four to hit a small capital ship and do some real damage. That was just one though...this is multiple starcraft at once.

Yes, this is Extreme Armament, probably more than that at this rate. The only other suggestion I can give is perhaps making a tech equivalent of it? There probably is already a huge market for it, why not?

As for changing the laser, actually it would. The one on the LAAT is a simple quick fire laser for a two second then recharges. It mainly just damages turrets and infantry though having twenty-four of them would essentially give the same effect I believe you are looking for. Again, the only real way to probably make it true to the fact, be to make it into a tech submission.

I gave my thoughts, what on yours?

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

My thoughts would be that these are 24 Proton Beam Cannons that have a few caveats. They are minitarized, simplified, and underpowered by comparison to anything else; essentially working like the equivalent of a TALWS to a laser pointer. If, as I said, they are scaled down to the miniature, and have been done so before on the Lancet or B-Wings - though only toned down farther, would that not suffice?

To say it simply, if an LAAT was a 1, each one of these would be more like a .5. They're weak, simple, but they're fun for the writing aspect of it.

Would that work, if we specifically mention they are infact far weaker versions of their canon equivalents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom