Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gra'tua Cuun, 'Our Vengeance' | New Imperial Order [ SoM ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aPROzUN.png

G R A ' T U A _ C U U N
'OUR VENGEANCE'
FLAGSHIP OF THE SONS OF MANDALORE​

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS | Active SLAM
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Very High armament
  • Extreme defenses
  • Advanced shielding systems
  • Cloaking systems
  • HIMS
  • 'Powerslave' droid brain administration
  • Beskads of the gods
  • Concealed command bridge
WEAKNESSES
  • Low / Very Low maneuverability
  • Low hangar allocation
  • Large Profile
  • 'Wedge' shape / exposed aft
  • Bulk of firepower in closer ranged weaponry
DESCRIPTION
Our Vengeance. There could be no better fitting name for this Star Dreadnought. As New Imperial naval doctrine found itself drifting more toward small and numerable vessels to combat its opponents in combat, in order to minimize the effect of losses on a strategic scale by spreading fleet assets across formations and fronts, the doctrine was broken in very particular circumstances. With the growing industrial capacity of the New Imperial Order climbing in capability as the Braxant Campaign of the Third Imperial Civil War courses toward its conclusion.

However with the end of one objective comes the beginning of the other. Established in the strategic scale planning of the conflict by Irveric Tavlar, Kor Vexen and Vaulkhar Zambrano, the New Imperial Order had set in place a course to quickly move to establish control of the Braxant Run in order to stifle the chain of supply to the Sith-Imperial Capital of Bastion before eventually laying siege of the planet. The second step, implying a New Imperial victory at Bastion was to set the sights of the Order's war machine south, to the Mandalore Sector. The objective here would be three fold. Firstly, it was an object of personal nature to the Sovereign Imperator, having spent his career with a respect toward the Mandalorian Creed and warrior culture only to have his opportunity to defend Mandalore property in the streets of Sundari ever tarnished as it led to devestation and genocide of the Mandalorian people by the Sith Empire.

This event then led to the formation of the Sons of Mandalore and their eventual move to an enclave in-exile on the planet Krieg, where they brokered an alliance with the New Imperial Order with the agreement that the forces combined would fight to liberate the Mandalorian worlds from the Sith Empire and in exchange for the Mandalorian Sector remaining under New Imperial influence, it would be returned to the Mandalorians to be governed autonomously, breaking generations built rivalry and malaise between the 'Imperial' and the 'Mandalorian' as they shed blood side by side to fight in the interest of a common goal.

What came next was not only a strategic need, to create another vessel which could disrupt Sith-Imperial maneuvers by acting as a close quarters bruiser and high speed ramming vessel but as well to break open holes in planetary shields to allow movement to the ground, where the New Imperial Order could force a ground engagement while contesting orbit where it could better make use of its strategic and tactical strengths. All of this, has culminated in 'Our Vengeance'.

Last edited:
Hello there, my name is Beltran Rarr and I will be the factory judge working with you on the first stage of the SSD approval process. I'm (slowly) working my way through the sub and overall, it's looking very good so far. One thing that has come up thus far is:
I have been unable to determine whether the NIO has permission to use this material as it is: closed-market. Please link the relevant permission, assuming you have it, in the Permissions section. I will likely have more feedback as I get further into the sub, but for now please address this issue.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to tag me here and I will do my best to help. Thanks!

Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

Here it lists that NIO and Technoid Manufactorum can use ApexTech equipment

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Okay, thanks. Please provide that link in the Permissions section. Also, just for ease of reference, could you also provide a link to the Technoid Manufactorum page in the permissions section as well? I know Gat Tambor is your alt, but I still need to see the permissions in the proper section. It just makes it easier to judge.

Beyond that, this looks pretty good to me! Make those additions and tag me here and I will kick this on up to the next stage of approval.

Thanks!

Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

A good start here, good work guys. However, before I can approve this submission there are still a few things I need clarification on.

Defences

Kiirium Shielding

What exactly does this entail? As far as I can tell from the Wookie article Kiirium is an armour material and an outdated one at that. How does this translate into shielding? What kind of effects does this have? Are there any special benefits? This element of the submissions is going to need a lot more fleshing out.

Advanced Systems

ECM

Your link here takes us to the Star Wars RPG wiki article instead of a chaos submission or wookiepedia, please provide the correct link.

Strengths

You mention a "Starbreaker-seismic cannon" in your submission. What is it?

Weaknesses

You mention the following weakness:
  • Basilisk War Droid Reliability / compensation for lack of starfighter compliment

What does this mean?

Defences

Kiirium Shielding

What exactly does this entail? As far as I can tell from the Wookie article Kiirium is an armour material and an outdated one at that. How does this translate into shielding? What kind of effects does this have? Are there any special benefits? This element of the submissions is going to need a lot more fleshing out.

Kiirium Shielding is described to be able to reflect and alter the trajectory of laser weaponry upon impact, but easily destroyed by kinetic weaponry so its a hard counter to one type of weapon but easily countered by another weapon. If need be I can remove it, its not really something I reliably describe in fleeting anyway and thus isn't really a hill I\ll die on.

Advanced Systems

ECM

Fixed, always forget to scrub that one

Strengths

You mention a "Starbreaker-seismic cannon" in your submission. What is it?

Sorry, left that in from another submission, removed it.

Weaknesses

You mention the following weakness:

• Basilisk War Droid Reliability / compensation for lack of starfighter compliment
Just means in an attempt to subvert the low hangar capacity, basilisk war droid launch mounts are fixed to the ship to supplement the starfighter compliment on board. They work but only really to deploy in low orbit and are almost universally outclassed in everyway by traditional starfighters, essentially supposed to depict an adherence to traditional mandalorian aesthetic within the craft's design.

John Locke John Locke

Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

My apologies, this one slipped by me, however, in the future please do not bump your thread as this in breach of Factory Rules, but instead, approach me privately to check on the status of a submission.

Kiriium Shielding

Where are you finding these details on Kiriium Mirror Shielding? The link provided to the wookiepedia provides none of these details. I have copied the article below for ease of reference.

Kiirium was an armor material used to shield starship engines and heavy weapons. By the end of the Galactic Republic, it was considered antiquated but serviceable. It was transported in easily smelted ingots.

However, during the time of Xim the Despot, it was a valuable war material. He recognized the need to obtain vast quantities of the metal for his growing war machine, and loaded the treasure ship Queen of Ranroon with kiirium, mytag crystals, and beam-tubes to hoard it in his vaults on Dellalt.

Millennia later, Han Solo discovered the fabled treasure of Xim consisted of this stockpile of war supplies, now worthless due to advances in technology.

Basilisk War Droids

Are these droids to be counted as part of the ship's fighter compliment, or are they deployed in addition to the 24 squadrons of fighters? I ask because since they have space combat capability the Basilisks would count as fighters in their own right, regardless of their effectiveness against modern fighters.

Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

My apologies, this one slipped by me, however, in the future please do not bump your thread as this in breach of Factory Rules, but instead, approach me privately to check on the status of a submission.

Kiriium Shielding

Where are you finding these details on Kiriium Mirror Shielding? The link provided to the wookiepedia provides none of these details. I have copied the article below for ease of reference.

Basilisk War Droids

Are these droids to be counted as part of the ship's fighter compliment, or are they deployed in addition to the 24 squadrons of fighters? I ask because since they have space combat capability the Basilisks would count as fighters in their own right, regardless of their effectiveness against modern fighters.

I just remove both tbh, neither of them have much bearing on how I plan to write it.

Trajan Fett Trajan Fett

This submission has been pulled because I noticed an issue with its armament. In particular the use of the Superheavy Composite Beam Turbolasers which are marked on the wookiepedia article as a superweapon.

Site rules prohibit the use of superweapons as per the quote below:

Superweapons are restricted to Staff-Approved Events and must be destroyed prior to the end of the event.

As such, I'm going to ask that you please remove the Superheavy Composite Beam Turbolasers from this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom