Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TXA Starbreaker-class Seismic Mass Driver Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
OISuod4.png

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Super-heavy Mass Driver Cannon
  • Size: Extreme
    • Only able to be fitted in 3km+ battlecruisers or ground based installations
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Super-heavy Caliber Seismic Mass Driver Rounds
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small
    • 15 rounds
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Incredibly powerful, able to potentially rupture and eviscerate many variations of reinforced or composite hulls.
  • Wide area of effect,
  • Effective against star-fighter waves and large capital ships.
  • Seismic and ionic explosive generation makes it effective against most shielding systems.
  • Not power intensive.
  • Not a primarily energy/laser weapon. Effective against most shielding systems.
  • Extreme range, stopping power and very fast projectile traverse.
  • Voidstone projectile coating to prevent force manipulation.
WEAKNESSES
  • Extreme size, heavy weight.
  • Semi-unique production.
  • Limited aim/traverse. (Coaxial to the ship, bow facing)
  • Only able to be mounted into battlecruiser+ sized capital ships or ground based installations.
  • 1-1 Punch (Seismic and ionic wave erupt simultaneously, not ionic->seismic, meaning a dampened effect if the round cant rupture the shielding system of the target.)
  • Effect limited by wider fleet/ship dispersion in naval combat.
  • Disc shaped area of effect.
  • Atmospheric dampening of seismic waves make it have diminishing returns on use in orbital bombardment.
DESCRIPTION
Originally commissioned to be the primary weapon system of the Dissident Aggressor-class Star Dreadnought used by the New Imperial Order, Technoid Foreman Gat Tambor decided to expand the array of production to a basis allowing for further testing and inclusion into other Technoid Manufactorum special projects. With the popularity of mirror shielding negating the effects of kyber crystal charged turbo-laser projectile weapons, the Skakoan engineering facilities opted for a different use of a bruising weapon in naval warfare.

Utilizing seismic disruption and ionic pulse wave generators the Starbreaker-class Mass Driver cannon fires an extremely fast super heavy round at sub-light speeds before it explodes immediately before hitting its target, exploding out in a seismic, ionically charged wave which could serve to rupture both advanced shielding systems and heavy, reinforced ablative hulls. Though only truly effective against compact formations of starships, large profile starships or starfighter waves it has a limited use but allows for a battlecruiser or star dreadnought sized ships to gain the upper hand in engagements facing their counterparts.

Last edited:
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Sorry it took so long to get to this review, but I've included some points I would like to run through with you below. Please take a look and let me know what your thoughts are.

Strengths
Not a primarily energy/laser weapon. (Mostly negates Laser Reflective Armor, Xythan Force Shielding and Kiirium Mirror Shielding)​
You say here that the weapon isn't a primarily energy weapon, however, that doesn't match with the components of the weapon. The wookie for a Seismic Charge states that "This small explosion soon collapsed in upon itself before releasing a shock wave of energy that would obliterate material in its path." You also state that the projectile contains Baradium which according to the wookie, "When detonated, a baradium weapon produced an incandescent sphere of energy, normally vaporizing everything within it."
You also state that this weapon is a counter to Xythan Force Shielding, however, the wookie says, "The shields could absorb and return all energy," This doesn't specify which forms of energy are mentioned here, instead referring to ALL forms of energy. This includes ionic energy which is a major component of your weapon.​
Extreme range, stopping power and sub-light projectile traverse.​
Could you define what you mean by sub-light projectile traverse? Sublight covers a vast variety of speeds.​
Voidstone
You mention that the projectile contains voidstone dust, however, it isn't mentioned again in the submission. What does the voidstone do in this submission?​
AOE
One thing that also sprung out at me was that this is an AOE weapon with extreme stopping power, This makes the weapon almost impossible to avoid once it's shot which is something we try to avoid since it's up for your opponent to call hits. I'd like to know your thoughts about this.​

GOOD, VALID and UNDERSTANDABLE critiques overall. I should open up with that subs for me are flavor/aesthetic crafting more than anything else. Its never my intention to make the THE VERY BEST IN CLASS anything, it isnt my intention to create anything that is the end all be all god power sledgehammer capable of obliterating anything, i wont be offended by whatever hit or lackthereof the opponent takes, doesn't bother me at all.

However, this is semi-unique so it could come into someone else's hands so yeah might as well cross the t's and dot the i's here.

Strengths / Energy

Solid points aaaaand I think the original interpretation I took of an 'energy weapon' was a weapon that discharges plasma, laser, disruptor bolts etc. I more or less consider a seismic charge/explosion a kinetic weapon. In short, a laser or blaster bolt can be reflected, bounced off etc where as an explosion can't (at least not by any conventional means) regardless, with the absolute WIDE reaching implications of a Xyston force field i interpeted it again as an energy projectile weapon not neccessarily pure ENERGY/moving force. But again, its so vague I could just easily be flat out wrong. In the end, the Xythan force shield strength isn't the hill I'll die on as we both agree and is luckily, the system of Chaos. Opponents call all hits.

It's something I'd like to keep in if only because of the vagueness of the Xythan Force Shield in wookieepedia and how easy it is currently to slap it unto everything and I feel as though the 'energy' interpretation could really take it either direction but it also does stress ALL energy so really I'm not losing sleep without that point regardless.

Voidstone

The voidstone was more or less meant as a component utilized in the round to make it so its unable to be manipulated/its traverse altered by the force. Again, not really a hill I'll die, was more or less icing on the cake to make it a more robust round.

Yeah this is a decent point. What I can clarify is that it would have a standard 'disk' eruption as the seismic charge depicts in the movies. As all hits are determined by the opponent, I'm ok with there being no hard number the blast radius of the cannon and leave it up to the opponent to take it as however effective they deem.

John Locke John Locke

Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Energy

I think in this case if you pull the Xythan Force Shielding here then I think that this will be fine in terms of the shielding systems. You could always mention that the Xythan Force Shielding is able to to block the energy component of the attack.

Voidstone

That's what I expected, however, if you could mention that in the submission as a strength then that would be fine.

AOE

Again, that sounds fine. If you put that in the submission that will deal with that point nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom