Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Funny character quirks/habits

Oh, this is a fun one.

Alicio is a bit of an overthinker, to no one's surprise. He has spent many a post staring off into the middle distance, pondering something in the middle of a conversation.

Along those same lines, Alicio likes to be sure he means what he says. Therefore, he's a slow speaker, and has a habit of thinking excessively long about questions asked of him. Hence all of his "..."s.

Finally, he often suppresses smiles and laughs (quirking his lip up, hiding it behind a hand), something he learned growing up, but he's begun to snort when he laughs. Something he picked up from Amani Serys Amani Serys .

I really don't know how to, summarise Tathra.

I'd say Tathra has a sort of ruthless and indomitable spirit. And part of that is being unyielding in that he is right, not unyielding in his values. Without flinching, he'd dispatch anyone who threatens his goal of Drael on top. He's studious and has an answer for everything.

He's best when he is on the move, and busy. Oozing with animalistic charisma, confidence and an unshakeable bravado in his might makes right no matter what else changes. Has to kill another Drael in secret to keep the others in line? Fine. Someone else does the same thing but it doesn't align with his views? Horrid, heretical.

And, I think he gets bored sometimes. On many occasions, he could've done things a simpler way but chooses to take a more difficult or exciting route. This applies to both combat and other tasks. It's something that happened naturally as I wrote him, often resorting to hand-to-hand or using just his Axe's blade when he has a massive assortment of tools at his disposal.

Quintessa Quintessa may or may not have picked up a habit of teasing or making fun of Sith Knights and Masters in their face, even knowing it might turn out badly for her. A Sith called her “darling” one time and she answered with “Yes, mom”

Alessandra Io Alessandra Io likes to adopt droids as her children, though I haven’t explored this as much as I’ve wanted to. However, it was a major point for her during the Tython Annihilation.

Bella Bella is scared of spiders/arachnoids! She freaked out once when Buzz droids got on her fighter while she was flying with BB-610 BB-610

Tem growls and grunts. He also gruffs, grumbles and grumps. A lot. He's a grim grouch like that.

On a more serious note, he has a tendency to be a bit too blunt, as well as correcting others or otherwise giving unsolicited advice. Makes him come off as condescending and dismissive even when he's trying to be constructive. I like to call it Sithsplaining.

He is also a perfectionist and a tech-head, and loves tinkering away in his workshop. Oh and he plays a tonne of dejarik on the holonet, under the handle CrookedKn1ght.

There's more, but if you wanna learn how much of a weirdo he is you're gonna have to dig them IC. =P

I forgot to mention Miri’s quirks gahhhd

I tend to write her as rather cold, so she doesn’t show a lot of expression. But she does have a habit of raising her eyebrow at people. Kyell Laysel has also destroyed her ability to interact socially; she now doesn’t react to people trying to talk to her unless they repeat themselves/raise their voice, because she’s more used to having telepathic conversations than verbal. Who are you talking to, me?

Always.

Characters for me are a collection of traits, experiences, history, mannerisms etc. So I can bring those to any thread, the only challenge when you have written many is to keep them distinct or interesting enough.

So some examples:

Kei scratches his stubble. Jerry rigs equipment and prefers to just patch everything up. Drops into military speak in a battle. Has a grin for every type of reaction. I tend to take out words intentionally to make his sentences more succinct and less grammatically correct.

Glade/Natoline uses a lot of slang. The word kinda or adds 'ta to the end of words. She is a very bouncy personality so I add in that kind of language or movement. She scrunches her nose a lot, and pfffts her hair out of her face. She's also in her hoverchair which adds a huge variety of rp plot tools.

Taiden is contemplative, reflective, cautious and inquisitive. I give him a lot of pauses and he asks a lot of questions. He reads from body language, bows a lot, and has subtle movements. I like to think he's the most reserved character I have, outside of his quest for knowledge, so I hold back things others might express and hint about them in text instead.

Sera is a religious personality, she's very light and gracious in her hand movements or body language. I make a lot of softer qualifying words in her dialect, but she's also extremely 'out there' when she speaks about the future predictions she makes. So I have this contrast between a harsh dogmatic language at times and a wishful dreamer to play between.

Raien is a dry bitter old broken ghost, that thinks he knows better than anyone else. So he looks through people, only looking for what he wants. He speaks in a broken voice. I add a lot of pressure and gravity to situations. Drawing on those themes when he walks, moves or acts (Much of this in Darth Centax now as Keth is a dead shell)

Kylraya is whatever animal(s) she's bonded too. Which if you've not tried this type of character, its very very fun. Her mannerisms alter depending on her pack creatures. Although she's a twisted mess now, like all of keth's experiments.

I've got too many to list but you get the idea. I pick out some mannerisms, try to make them unique to the character, and then they can be distinctive to the other accts i've got. Looking at them this way means i don't get bored with characters, only storylines.

Last edited:
Liin is a classic young Lady that is polite to everyone, regardless of if they are deserving it or not, ha ha! She has a firm grasp over any temper, and maintains a tight wall around her true thoughts and feelings towards some people, believing that being open allows for her to become vulnerable. In politics that is never a good thing, ha ha!

She is new to the outside Galaxy, so her own views of it is very innocent and almost childlike. Propaganda abounds on the holonet, so one can only believe what they see with their own eyes!

When Milla gets into awkward social situations that make her nervous, her tail wraps around any available body part. Mainly legs, arms, her waist. Sometimes it reaches the point where she has to physically pry her own tail off whatever it has latched onto. More embarrassingly, her tail has grabbed ahold of pieces of furniture and refused to let go. Not a fun thing to happen when in front of a crowd.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais has a habit of using humour to compensate for awkward or tense situations, trying to find light in everything so not to show his doubts in the presence of others.

Kathrok eats people.

Lukan Rath steals valuable items from the jedi temple on coruscant and sells them at a higher than market price in the lower levels by embellishing their worth to the jedi as a means of promoting his street cred.

This list would be a mile long if I listed every little quirk and odd thing about Tegan she is a walking talking disaster piece.

1. She refers to everyone in general as kids, children, or slaves. This due to her age and just about everyone she knows being younger then her when it comes to referring to them as Kid or Child. Also she adopted calling people kid from her Father Blade Ice Blade Ice who calls everyone kid. When she refers to them as any of these terms it's often to refer to the fact they are young, naive, or in the case of slave restricted by codes and laws she does not bind herself to as she believes she has absolute freedom. It's also a way to speak down to people so it is often used to be derogatory towards someone.

2. Her stare is eerie despite the glowing orange eyes when she looks at someone it's like she is staring right through someone like they actually are not there. Most would assume this is because she sees the person as nothing but in truth it's because she actually isn't sure if they are real or part of her delusional mind so she treats someone like they really aren't their because she isn't sure herself if they are actually real or not.

3. Insanity is her Mask, it's a story line that was explored a longtime ago what is Tegan with out her insanity. The answer is she is a broken little girl who barely functions. A punishment for some crimes she committed a spell that restored her sanity was placed on her and she went catatonic for many months and after that she was like a meek child that didn't know much about the world and surviving though still highly book smart. It took her mind slowly breaking again over time for her to function. Madness is mask she needs to wear to function, it's her shield against the world and chase away the nightmares that plague her. Her insanity makes her more scary then any monster that has tried harm her.

4. Every move she makes is deliberate Tegan's fractured mind works in some weird ways. Every move she makes always has a plan of action at the ready as she thinks ahead of interaction. Like chess you are thinking about your opponents next moves steps ahead of their current one. She thinks like that at almost always. This is also what makes her very sneaky and crafty in a fight she will make some subtle hand movement and you will miss it and the next thing you know your wallet is missing or there is a dagger to your neck. Her dancing like a maniac in the middle of battle but she is making rune circle with her feet as the most recent example.

5. In the same vein she thinks of every interaction like it's game, her game and she is meant to win. Even though she loses a lot. lol
She more often loses because she holds herself back to make the game in her mind more challenging and fun.

6. Most darksiders feed off hate, fear, and anger. Tegan's power feeds off Chaos, destruction, and also fear to a lesser degree. It's actually what makes her so powerful because war is almost always chaotic and destructive.

7. Tegan is a pathological liar and is so delusional sometimes she even believes her own lies she has told not remembering what was real and what she made up. This is why you can't trust anything she ever says even the times she has said the absolute truth about something most people won't believe her because of all the other absurd crap she has said. It's also in odd way the main reason a lot of people underestimate because they just think she is lying about something.

8. Claims every title under the sun as her own. She is mand'alor, Dark Lord, Grandmaster, Empress, and God. Just ask her she will tell you how great she is and about every title she has. Though some might think this part of her delusion it isn't, it's actually because she thinks titles are ridicules thing people give themselves to feel important. She does it to take the piss out people and there titles, it's also why she just randomly gives people Darth Titles to take the piss out of the sith.

9. Hates being called a Sith because she was litterally exiled from them and branded a traitor by the old sith council in the days before swchaos which was led by Mason England (Aka Darth Apparatus / @@Soeht ) at the time. Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis was the only sith she had trusted in a long time outside her own father Blade Ice Blade Ice . She despises Sith more the Jedi, she just like messing with Jedi who bind themselves to a code she finds silly. In fact her Darth Title of Darth Sokar she wears as a mockery of the sith, because she is not one of them she was kicked out and branded a traitor.

10. I could go inot more of her quirks her god complex, her family code that she does follow though she bends a few of the rules to her own will. Go into some of the finer points of her insanity like talking to inanimate objects. The fact she is an exceptional dancer and cook. The fact she is soul bound to her husband or the fact someone is actually married to her (Must be crazier then her). How she thinks she owns all her siblings and they must do her bidding though they never listen to her. Oh and that her best friend is Santeria Decuir Santeria Decuir though feeling isn't mutual like with most of her friendships. Or the fact she has stabbed or turned on everyone of her allies except The Dark Coven of Dathomir. Or the accidental kidnapping of the wrong people which seems to happen a lot with her.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
  • Vanity - Probs my favorite character trait to roleplay out loud. Highly recommended. I think I've blamed at least a dozen character gaffs on having them wear the latest fashions from Empress Teta. Rather than something practical or scene appropriate.
  • Real Food - A weakness and honestly not something I'd recommend to other writers. A grilled chicken panini with avocado might sound fab in a roleplay lunch setting? But it's not very StarWars'y.
  • Laughter - Tons of my characters chuckle, miff, haha huff, snort, ho ho ho, or just otherwise laugh out loud at most things. It's a taste test for many.
  • World Building - A common habit of mine is to fill at least the first paragraph of any character's introductory post with sensory overload. Sights, sounds, temperature, clothing, culture, and color pallet. I want my character to notice the world and have it notice them back. I want the world to be a character, a companion, and a steadfast impact on all my decisions made IC. The first NPC you notice, is always the world you're standing in.
  • Have A Car - This is one I learned early in my RP career. Always have your character own a personal vehicle, and have it nearby. Whether to transition scenes, store gear, actor a companion, hold your coffee, or just to escape danger. A personal vehicle is one of the best 'extensions' of your character a writer can ask for.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
I’ve never really thought about it but I’ve always imagine Noah’s quirks and habits being pretty similar to my own.

One is penchant for small little repetitive actions like click a pen or tapping his foot or flicking the safe on and off on a weapon he’s holding.

Another is massive caf consumption, probably nearly four, five or six cups a day at least.

Outing myself a little with this one but he has a very…warped sense of humor, preferring dark humor, innuendos and straight just sexual humor. Noah and myself are perverts >.>.

Lastly we both have a penchant for knowing obscure historical facts as we both are massive history nerds.

Mira almost always speaks in a proper tone. I purposely make sure to write her saying "will not" instead of "won't", "cannot" instead of "can't", etc. If she does say "shouldn't" instead of "should not", that's a warning sign something is wrong.

Mira usually wears Atrisian clothes. She still keeps Atrisian traditionalism and mannerisms. She does this to keep her memories of her late family alive.

Mira needs time alone to recover and recharge her batteries after battles.

Mira loves fish dishes, as she lived in a fishing village.

Mira struggles to wake up in the morning.

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla is a potty mouth, thanks to the environment she grew up in. The Enclave only worsened it.

Gwyn losses time and has hyperfocus when working on a project. She'll suddenly realize after two days of working that she has not eaten, slept, or used the refresher.

Gwyn used to be into Hot Topic style edgy punk clothes in her teens. She's mellowed out and grown up since.

Gwyn has shirts, jewelry, etc. with Mandalorian symbols on them, so she can wear casual clothes while still keeping the Resol'nare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom