Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO and Allies | To Rise Above, Soar

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"]

He neglected to bring it to his lips and kiss the knuckles as was customary.

Instead Lucius savored the way he had put her off balance just with a single remark- it spoke of things, suggested, it implied that the Crown Princess was less than comfortable with the regime change slowly making its way through Zakuul. This, of course, was not a deep surprise. How would the people of Panatha feel, if a foreign nation suddenly steamrolled in and started to apply pressure on them? How... handy for the First Order then that they had a Zambrano ready to go.

Rather than a kiss Kailari received the faintest of squeezes as a psuedo-shake and then her hand was free once more. "Change begets change, my Lady, the old gives way for the new.... and the new becomes that much more weary of future change." No one wanted to be caught up in the cogs of the machine, did they?

Not even when their own rise had caused the crushing of cogs of others.

"Ah, yes, Crown Prince Theran. By all accounts a man of discipline and ambition." He watched her reaction to that casually with one eye, until his other focus was admittedly pulled elsewhere. Instead it was on the tide of the dark slowly roiling over them and raising goosebumps as the proximity increased. The Queen of the Reach was a natural beauty, all dark, all fire and it took quite some restraint not to go to one knee immediately. Such was the fate of the kneeler, was it not?

Kneel once.

Your knees will get used to it.

"My Queen Zambrano," Instead Ara received a deep bow from his waist down- deeper than she had received from anyone else. Such was the rank between an Epicanthix Lord and the Queen of All. "Lord Lucius of House Cedeno, loyal vassal."

A smile followed suit as his attention slipped slightly to the Moff.

Hmm... Calgar? Yes, that seemed right.

"Moff Calgar, an honor as well. This is Crown Princess Selanno. Recently arrived from the Zakuul court." Already framing the narrative for his conversational partner. But it was all in good spirit, was it not? After all, she was new here and all that Lucy was trying to do was put some of the pressure off, no? Clearly there was no other game at play here. Rather than push forward and give the Zakuul princess more reprieve, he simply waited to see what she would do next.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Better a trouble-shooter than a trouble-maker. Kay smirked a little, holding her glass in hand while [member="Adron Malvern"] and [member="Connor Harrison"] spoke among themselves, gathering information on eachother and asking questions as though she wasn't there.

She glanced down at her gown, sliding her free hand down one of the folds of fabric. At least she wasn't dressed up too much. There were others wearing gowns, so at least she wasn't standing out.

These gala events tended to go the same way. People came and immediately branched off to their own cliques. Maybe they just didn't want to offend their companions, she wasn't sure. But it gave her insight to the inner workings of some of the other governments out there. There was a lot of isolationism, except for when it came to the want of credits. And aid during war. Kay's government operated differently and it was perhaps for that very reason that they remained a sector of safety in the Galaxy.

Kay had another sip of...whatever drink that was. The last time that she was in First Order space she was with her husband. Hopefully the topic of [member="Veiere Arenais"] and his trial won't be brought up. This was supposed to be her break from it all.

Adron hosted an interested expression as Connor spoke. He listed off so many factions, many of which Adron had personally gone to war with. It never failed that you will enjoy conversations with people that prove themselves your enemy. Yet Connor wasn't Adron’s enemy, not here, and not now. Hopefully that was not something to change. As he spoke of the Confederacy Adron was reminded of the wound sported on his side, a gift from the Confederacy, as it were.

“The confederacy. Yes I am very familiar.” He said, a tone of interest and amusement taking over.

Connor seemed to give, what Adron perceived, as a disclaimer, stating his respect for the Empire. This, in turn, caused Adron to return the words with an understanding nod. “I told a
...colleague not long ago. I keep the warrior on the battlefield. So while I may war with the Confederacy, I do not have hate for them.” He admitted.

Connor seemed a man of some honor and perhaps even a good man. In some ways he reminded Adron of himself. No, that was incorrect. By Conner's words he was a selfless man, who tended to the balance of the galaxy. Adron was selfish, seeking only his own advancement and the pursuit of his own agenda. Connor asked about Adron and his duties within the Empire, there was a moment taken as the man took a sip from his own flute.

After swallowing the sweet liquid, Adron would speak. “I serve as the Captain of his Majesty’s guard and High Moff of the Bothawui Sector.” He said, before gesturing to Kay. “Lady Kay saw some intelligence behind my words and requested that I serve as an advisor to her, of course I could not decline such an honor, so here we are.”

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Lady Kay"]

"I am sure you could show some of those locals a thing or two, they'd never see you coming."

He chuckled again, although this time it was more subdued. His demeanor grew more serious as time passed, the smile gradually fading from his face as he casually dropped his facade and began to reach out with his senses to sample the other Force auras that occupied the estate; similar in manner to how a snake would flick its tongue to collect the chemicals in the air. The Emperor could sense manner that were attuned to the Dark, and several others that were more moderate in their alignment.

But above them all he could sense the presence of his granddaughter, the Arch-Queen.

"But I'm afraid I could only afford a brief chat, Samka, I have business to discuss with my granddaughter." And like that he turned to leave, his departure just as abrupt as his arrival. Though his height provided him with ample challenges in a structure designed for normal Human height, it also allowed him to practically part any crowd he was confronted with. Most saw his purposeful stride and quickly moved to get out of his way, those less perceptive seemed to be moved out of the way by some unseen hand, as if they had been lightly pushed out of the way. There were not many among the crowd who could bar the Emperor's advance through them, though the other Epicanthix at the party knew to keep their distance from their former King.

'Ah, there you are' mused the Emperor, his molten gaze falling on Queen Ara and her gathered entourage. True to form, the Emperor wasted no time in letting his presence known by speaking directly to his granddaughter, ignoring the others for the time being.

"Queen Zambrano, I had wondered where you've run off to."

[member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Jorryn Fordyce"] | [member="Darth Lucifus"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Erin Vikar"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"]

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Tha’ga noticed Kyrel in about the same moment he caught sight of her. She quickly popped a Cardellian mint into her mouth, chewed and swallowed to counter the aftertaste of champagne on her palate. THe fact that she was alone and not with some Hapan entourage was puzzling enough, though if he remembered correctly the Hapan politician was a mere pawn at the court and back-of-the-Chess-board one too.

“I hope I’m not disturbing you, Kyrel.” With hazel eyes she glanced at the shot in his hand and the empty one near to him. Funny, he had not drank any alcohol at all when he’d visited Hapes but then again, they had not been in the most relaxed circumstances. Even at the Temi family estate.

“I’m here to hand deliver some information from Tmoxin. And I suppose, enjoy myself while I’m here. Is there somewhere private we can go or would you prefer to stay right here?”

While her form was poised, her large kohl-rimmed eyes gave away her nerves, especially the way her pupils contracted and flit around the room, before landing back on his face.

The circumstances under which they’d met prior could only be described by Tha’ga as a mixture of seditious and profound on many levels.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Braser smiled and greeted the butler at the doorway to the massive estate as he took his military cap and opened the wide doors for him. As always Braser wasn't much for parties but it was always a good thing to show yourself to your higher ups, even get them to take a liking to you. He exhaled and brushed of his brand new overcoat and stared down at his polished black boots, taking a step into the lavish room. It was filled with beautiful dresses, well tailored coats, and lots of alcohol. The first thing he noticed was the amount of nobility and lack of familiar faces. He began to make his way through the see of people, nodding and smiling as he passed them. Just so he could get to the bar, the one thing that might make the night more bearable.

He made it, standing at the edge of the counter he smiled at the bartender "Your finest brandy please." As the man prepared his drink he took a moment to look around the room for anyone he might recognize. Just then out of the corner of his eye he caught two faces he know, a Chiss Captain and The Grand Admiral. He knew the two from Zenoma Sekot, he had fought on the surface but he had heard of the Chiss's bravery and the Grand Admiral's sacrifice but best not to mention the incident that had occurred in the planets ordered. He smiled and thanked the bartender as he took his drink and walked towards the two. His drink in his left hand he extended his hand to the two fellow navyman and woman and flashed a smile "Captain, Grand Admiral, I don't believe we've met."

[member="Robogeber"] [member="Morro"]

The small squeeze of acknowledgement from the man's grip in lieu of the traditional gesture was off-putting, though she was a bit relieved he didn't lift her up just to press his lips against her hand. Still she couldn't let the irritation crack on her face, every way [member="Erin Vikar"] spoke was fishing for a reaction from the young princess and she had already given up too much of herself.

"I suppose you're right Lord Cedeno," She muttered passively, taking a sip from the drink in her hand. "The problem comes for when the old struggles to find it's place in the new." Mixing her own problems as she played on the words of the Epicanthix. "But they find their ways."

The glass stayed raised to her lips as she turned to see the pair coming towards them, ignoring whatever the sly man had hoped to get out of her by mentioning her brother. The more knowledge of her situation he spoke, the more suspicious of the man she grew.

At least it was intriguing in it's own twisted way.

The girl was just a small bit shorter than Kailari herself, dark curled hair hanging past a beautiful gleaming dress that made Jorryn question her own taste in outfits for just a short moment. The man flanking her was thankfully a more appreciable size compared to the one beside Kaila, dressed properly for the evening as well.

The princess watched as Lucius took a deep bow before the girl, Kaila's smile growing more pleasant as she learned who the woman was. Faces were hard to remember but Panatha's close proximity to Zakuul had always kept them informed, and hopefully that closeness could be extended between the two women.

The Zakuulan's attention followed Lucuis as her turned to the sharply dressed man flanking [member="Ara Zambrano"], the ever-knowledgable Epicanthix revealing his name, [member="Dante Calgar"], as well before introducing Kailari herself to them. As her name escaped his lips, the princess gave a small curtsy to the duo as a sign of respect.

"It's always a pleasure to finally meet those you hear so much about," The sweetness from earlier returning to her voice as she addressed the two. "Especially those who lead a planet so close to my own."

With Zakuul's border being opened by the deposition of Emperor Orliss and the subsequent rule of the First Order, making friends with other nobility, especially ones that ranked highly within the order itself, was important to sustaining the jewel of Valkorion.

Her attention was again pulled away as another monster of a man came near, making Kaila feel even more dwarfed than before. His attention fully on the Queen of Panatha, speaking words to her that the Zakuulan couldn't hear.

At least the Zambrano was short as well.

It was that shortness at least that revealed the identity of the man talking to her, his downward stare allowing Kaila to glimpse the mark burned into his forehead. She hadn't known what the Emperor of the Sith looked like, but she had heard of the same symbol crested over [member="Darth Carnifex"] head. The Zakuulan was simply surprised that he had ventured so far from his realm, even if it was to meet his daughter.

Carlyle's eyes scanned the horizon for some form of contact he recognised. Most of his officers who had accompanied him, dispersed, availing themselves to the refreshments offered by the Neo-Politan government. However, there was one distinguished face, which seemingly shocked the newly minted Grand Admiral. Her majesty, Lady Kay of Commoner. The droid, or more accurately, droid masquerading as a man, took Morro's arm, and ventured forth to the royal.

"Your majesty!" He greeted, with a warm smile pursing his lips, "A pleasure, a pleasure!" He began, chuckling in an amused fashion. He then gestured to his arm candy, "Milady, please acquaint yourself with Captain Temm'orr'oasee." The man gestured, saying her name perfectly in the Chiss' native tongue, "Captain, this is her majesty, Queen Kay of Commoner." He then paused, allowing himself a chuckle. "Although I am sure there are many titles there I have missed." He mused teasingly, before giving the women time to greet, and make the appropriate actions given they were now in the midst of royalty. "I must ask, what exactly has bought you from the Core, your majesty, to our lovely cradle of civilisation?" The droid inquired.

He was however stopped dead, with the intrusion of Braser Steltan. The droid, reeled and turned to gaze at the man. A look of contempt all but obvious on his face, from the mans intrusion. He could tell his rank, just by looking over the man. "You would be correct Commander." The droid drawled coolly, as he accepted his handshake. Another man attempting to give a little shine. Perhaps pick up some anecdotes and stories to relay to his subordinates, about how he'd met the Imperator at his own promotion ceremony. "And you would be?" He inquired. It was an impressive story to hold in ones repertoire, sure, but one Carlyle at least now, in the way of a better class of company, had no interest in reciprocating.

[member="Braser Steltan "]| [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Morro"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was quite surprised to see [member="Robogeber"] heading her way. Was he? Or was he moving past her? Nope, he stopped and cracked open his usual smile and chipper attitude, one that she was familiar with during his visit to Commenor a long time ago.

Kay turned to him and smiled, bowing her head in greeting. "Lovely to see you again. And congratulations, Grand Admiral." She turned to his companion and bowed her head. "Greetings, Captain. Queen Kay or Lady Kay is fine. I'm not entirely picky."

Just as she was about to answer his question on what had brought her here, as well as introduce him to her own guests, [member="Braser Steltan "]had arrived. Whether or not Carlyle was amused or irritated, she wasn't quite sure.

This wasn't her party, so she just patiently waited, rather than interjecting.

[member="Morro"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Kei had said to mingle and socialize while they were here so Ra decided to do just that. Her drink was finished quickly and she stood up from the table they had been sitting at. So far the only people she knew here were Lady Kay and Adron Malvern. They had arrived together with a third person she didn't know.

Assuming Kei had gotten in here through his ties with Commenor, they should at least say hello. With Adron present there as well, she had even more reason.

Now even though so many here openly indicated they could use the Force, Ra did not. She kept her ability hidden and secret. Her position as a merchant had lead to this small deception. Her clients did not need to know she was a Force user or what her alignment was. To be known as sith, her word wouldn't be trusted and in the end she would loose money, her position and likely any respect she might have.

At this ball, only two people knew she could use the Force. Both of them her apprentices and both came with Lady Kay.

As she headed in the direction of that group, Ra noticed Carlyle had reached Lady Kay first. So instead of addressing her first, she would stop at Adron and his companion. Giving her apprentice a nod, she kept it professional and turned her attention to Connor. At an appropriate pause in their conversation, she would hold a hand out to shake and introduce herself.

"I am Ra'a'mah Numare, but please just call me Ra. Much easier to remember. In fact the only person that has only ever addressed me by my full name all the time is Mister Malvern here."

If he was observant, then Connor would figure out she and Adron had met before. At least for now, she would keep to herself the extent of how long it had been and the circumstances of their meeting. Along with that, she would also keep their current relationship secret. Especially since she was here not as his master, but as another guest at the ball.

[member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Kei Raxis"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Madelyn smiled politely as she was introduced to the Grand Moff's cousin. Taking his hand, she shook it gently and spoke. "It is nice to meet you, Colonel." The Moff stepped closer, her photographer moving back a moment later, giving the two some space. As the woman inquired into the state of affairs at home, Madelyn's head tilted, a golden curl slipping from its place to fall lazily in front of her face. She brushed it away with annoyance. How impractical these decorative hairstyles were.

Upon hearing the question, the Governor's lips drew into a line for a moment, before returning to their neutral position. She looked aside, searching for a way to put a complex situation into a few words. She recalled their last meeting, where the Moff had remarked disparagingly on the state of Madelyn's governments. Things had improved since then, but it was a long process. Certain advisors were starting to prove themselves as consistently problematic.

"The political situation is beginning to resolve itself." She murmured, her voice just loud enough to be heard. "The cabinet is in agreement now that the strain on our economy has been alleviated somewhat. What I'm doing now is working to prevent any future instability." She gestured lamely to the dark, poorly concealed bags under her eyes. "As you might be able to tell it's a full-on process."

Seemingly forgetting about the politics on Varonat, Madelyn perked up. "Now, shall we have a photo?" She gestured abstractly behind her, summoning the photographer. "I know it's a bit of a drag, but they want it for the press. You understand how these things are." Her eyes locked with the Grand Moff's as she said the words, lingering for a moment before she broke the gaze and gave a cheery smile.

[member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]

Gavin Ovmar

G
He arrived late, not that anyone would particularly care, least of all him. He held his invitation out at the door and sauntered in not bothering to wait for confirmation that he was allowed entrance. The corner of his lips lifted on one side in a lopsided grin as he took in the posh interior, then in appropriate Ovmar fashion he made his way to the drinks.

He unbuttoned his suit jacket as he walked, the click of his polished hard sole shoes unintentionally matching the rhythm of the music even if it was slightly reserved for his taste. He gave a serving woman his most charming grin as he lifted a fluted glass from the tray in her hand and winked before continuing on to mingle with the crowd.

Charming lot, not all of them obviously, but a few. And he was certain he could find someone to make him an apple martini somewhere among the help.

Morro could not help but dote on Rausgeber just a little. She had been under his command when he’d died, and not only that, most of all he had risked his life to save her, pushing her into the escape pod when the Vigilance went down. He would have saved everyone on the ISD if he could have.

But due to her physical state, she would not be able to follow him around the gala as he greeted everyone, even though he did his best to help her along as the Grand Admiral spied a stunningly dressed dignitary and made introductions. Morro’s tone was low and husky, her Cheunh-accented cadence slow and deliberate: “Your Majesty, I have heard so much about you from Carlyle.”

She turned to the other man who approached and as the Admiral nearly dismissed him, Morro turned his way. “Nice to meet you, Officer Steltan.” Her hand was warm, handshake firm and efficiently quick.

Despite her own prideful upbringing, she’d once been that new and unaware recruit. It would do her no good to be impolite especially as a female and as an alien in the First Order ranks, two attributes she was acutely aware of being around so many humans.

[member="Robogeber"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Braser Steltan"]

Four glasses in and another in reserve, an hour passed successfully in self imposed seclusion.

From a neutral standpoint this gala was turning out far better than the previous two she attended. In fact, it might even end without embarrassment or some kind of drama. Besides the inane posturing of the various tools going on and on in self important tones as though the hubris was a bubble begging to be popped -there was one instance of the Grand Moff, [member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"] (or whatever coming surname would be adopted once the dust settled) giving the most subtle of nods to her Fallanassi accomplice. Naturally, they could never acknowledge each other publicly. Not only would it be improper from a social standing, but it would also draw attention to a fact that was better off hidden from awareness as long as possible.

Blegh. Illusion and infiltration may have been the Major’s specialty, but this evening just dragged on in garish, irreverent overtones that she could hardly tolerate, and certainly not at this level of sobriety. One more hour -nay, two more, and it would be possible to leave with the first few waves of these flies. However, standing here alone would probably be both too painful and lonely to manage without jittering discomfort, and so the woman grabbed her glass, made note of the slight, woozy warble of the hall as her head moved and felt more heavy than normal, and started to walk in search of some path that would take out of this main area. While she maneuvered various conversations were overheard in passing, but it just so happened that she fell into range of this utterance:

“Now, shall we have a photo?”

The Major’s mouth split into a pearly white frown -a gash of distaste- because she would always recognize that voice, modulated, sickly sweet, cancerous, and oh-so professional. Not even in her wine-addled state would a conversation with [member="Madelyn Lowe"] be pleasant. Instinctively, she made a left turn behind some other people in motion and found a set of double doors. Passing through, this lead to a number of hallways that eventually opened into a rear staircase. Here and there couples talked in more private spots. Always picking the direction with the fewest amount of people, this eventually led her to double back and forth on the upper floors of the structure until the Major came upon a decadent courtyard on the roof of the Hall.

A number of benches faced towards a large, ancient stone fountain at the center of this verdant, nigh overgrown circumscribed area. Water bubbled gaily and one could also hear distant chattering from the lower balconies straddling the sides of the building. Pleased with seeing that nobody else had discovered this little section, the Major walked up to a ledge and proceeded to lean against the railing. A vast tract of the city could be viewed from here along with its skyline, and it was a perfect place to quietly contemplate in solace.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi nodded along, her dark eyes tracing the blonde woman's face for any signs of duplicity, but she detected none. [member="Madelyn Lowe"] was either telling the truth or a skilled -- Natasi's inner monologue almost said liar, but she corrected herself: politician. "I'm pleased to hear it." She put a hand on Madelyn's forearm, gently at first. "If I can give you some advice, Governor Lowe... you are the Governor of Varonat. Your people will hold you responsible for the failures of your cabinet, for the gridlock and inactivity. You're the only game in town as far as they're concerned. Keep control of them, and if you must sack them, then sack them. Balance knows I wish I had when I had the chance," she muttered this last bit as an aside into her champagne glass as she lifted it for a sip.

When Lowe brought up the photographer, Natasi offered a tight smile, maintaining the woman's somewhat forward eye contact. "A photograph? With me? How daring. Of course, if you wish."

Natasi glanced at Pierce, who delicately moved out of the shot, and Natasi squared her shoulders towards the camera, arranging her face in as pleasant a manner as she could. "Please be sure my office gets a copy of that," Natasi told the photographer, producing a card with contact information from her handbag. She shook hands with the photographer and thanked him before turning back to Governor Lowe. "Think about it, Governor. I haven't known you long and I don't know you well, but I can already tell that left to your own devices there are bigger things on your horizons than squabbling with idiotic functionaries."

Kyrel was needless to say beyond pleased. Looking at Tha'ga he had looked at her and was brought up with recent memories during his personal involvement with the skirmish on Hapes. In one way or another was part of what he thought was a long-term quest for more power. Power that would be useful in the future, but he knew his place his loyalty was to the Ren and the Supreme Leader ultimately, himself second and anyone else with whom Kyrel cared about. The skirmish and the night after at the Temi estate was something that he hadn't thought about too much. In fact, he tried to forget what happened during that evening. He had now stared at the woman, reaching out with the Force for the first time since had last seen her, he was filled a light. When he felt it was like the warmth, not that of a raging inferno that would consume all in its path, but a soft flame that had made him feel something, he pulled back instantly and staggered back physically. Although to anyone it would seem he would have only stumbled due to drunkenness.

When she had spoken, he could tell she was all but calm and collected but had always held a slight fascination that she could only display when speaking to him. She had said she had a message from Tmoxin. To say he liked the woman would have been an exaggeration, that woman had caused him trouble and so he had wondered if perhaps this time she would bring something good. He was both curious and filled with a slight dread but displayed nothing. He spoke collecting himself quickly into his cold composure. "I insist we speak privately." His tone was cold and icy as his as his words all the same. He then gathered himself and had seemed like he wasn't intoxicated.

He had led her away from the bar, and from the main room to travel to one of the vast corridors, stopping not far from where they had left, Kyrel than spoke once more, now only standing and facing her. "What is it that you have come all this way to give to me?"

[member="Tha'ga Temi"]

Connor nodded with interest and swallowed more of his drink. It seemed this man was high up in the Imperial chain.

"Mm," he smacked his lips at the empty flute, "sounds like you're just the man for the job. My hats off to you for a fine operation. And it's good to know the Queen has the right sort of help, because Force knows she needs it right now. While the Confederacy have given me a temporary home, my standing is with balance and with the Force. I am not your enemy. Not today."

He raised his empty glass and looked for a waiter. As he did, he caught the Queen in conversation with a peculiar looking being - [member="Robogeber"] - one who looked a little familiar and standing with a Chiss - [member="Morro"] - looking like she had a glow to her. Before the chance came to ask who they were, another stranger made an introduction - [member=Ra'a'mah].

"Ra. A pleasure." He took her hand with a gentle shake. "Connor Harrison. So you two know each other? Are you a fellow Imperial follower, Miss Numare?"

Her aura made it clear she was not serving the Empire as such, but her service was to the Dark Side of the Force.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

She should have remembered just by shaking hands, a person would likely be able to pick up on her alignment. However, this was a detail she had forgotten when that hand was extended to shake that of Connor's.

"A pleasure, Mister Harrison."

Giving an almost genuine smile, it didn't reach her eyes though. Her words and tone were professional. Neutral bordering something that sounded friendly, but not familiar. This was their first meeting, so a distance would be kept until she knew more about him.

"Mister Malvern and I have known each other for several years. Actually before he joined the Empire. We worked together for a while. No, I am not an Imperial follower. I'm lead of the merchant fleet for the Free Worlds Coalition and Metal Lords before them. I heard you mention you are staying with the Confederacy?"

It was not stated as a question, her ending tone would indicate it was intended to be one.

"There have been a few times I've conducted business with a few members there. Establishing trade and ensuring there is open trade and business between clients. It works both ways, I have sold items to and from your government. What is it you do there?"

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Tha’ga felt hypnotized for a moment by Kyrel’s gaze, until she realized just where she was again. They were not at the Temi estate discussing the history of Lorell Raiders. The pair stood in a lavish room filled with dignitaries and military-folk alike, most under the helm of the First Order, a government known for its hold on the Outer Rim and the Unknown Regions as it stretched to the Core itself, challenging the Galactic Alliance at every space lane.

And yet here she was in awe of the power of the Order, when she should have been representing Hapes. When Tha’ga thought about it on the surface, she branded herself a black sheep of the family, but in reality she’d always stood in the looming shadow of her sister.

Kyrel stumbled a bit, causing the Hapan to hold out her hand, not to reach him and catch him but hovering in the air, a steady grip if he chose to grab it. She was acutely aware of not showing any type of personal attachment to anyone or anything this night.

She nodded at his recommendation to recover in a more private space. Maybe he needed to gather his senses a bit, but Tha’ga whole-heartedly agreed that isolation away from prying ears was best.

Once they were in the nearby corridor, the Hapan politician glanced left and right to make sure no one was lurking in the darkness. In this low light, Tha’ga had trouble seeing, bad night-vision a hallmark of her race, and the sudden feeling of blindness caused her heart to race.

She held out a datachip and said, “Tmoxin has signed over the majority of her holdings to Varas. She will inherit them when she turns twenty-three.” With typical dramatic flourish, her older sister had prepared a hologram to deliver more of the message, likely some type of demeaning instructions to the man before her. But Tha’ga, despite promising herself she would not, began to let her emotions creep in and did not play the holo, only remarking, “Since you are her main caretaker that would mean you would also gain a stake in them. There are some stipulations, in the case of Tmoxin's death, but I thought I would see if you have any questions before I go any further.”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom