Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO and Allies | To Rise Above, Soar

“You look so handsome in human form,” remarked Temm'orr'oasee. “Just like on the very first day I met you, and you ordered me to change my uniform.” Another woman may not review that memory with such fondness, but Captain Morro was a consummate Imperial, not only respecting but relishing the ranking system of the First Order as it reminded her of the precision, rigor and routine that dominated the life of an everyday Chiss.

Grand Admiral Rausgeber gently took a hold of Morro’s blue hand as she sat resting on a nearby divan. She was nearly eight months pregnant, and the wear and tear on her body from supporting not one, but two fragile lives inside her, was taking its toll. She did not bore her companion with the details of her physical condition. Right now the Chiss officer only wanted to indulge herself in the nostalgia of his transformation.

“Your speech was magnificent, of course. I’m incredibly proud of you and honored to be by your side tonight.” She’d stood in the audience during the ceremony in rapt attention, a flush of admiration coursing through her as the rank plaque had been pinned to his label.

“And yes, we should go mingle.” Sighing as Carlyle helped her to her feet, despite her round belly, Morro wore a cream colored gown with a sash, not as lavish as some of the opulent dresses that would be in abundance tonight, but the light beige tone brought out the royal blue of her skin.

Once in the grand hall, the Chiss declined a drink from a passing serving droid and gazed out at the crowd. Most guests looking at the pair were stealing glances at the Grand Admiral, and she reminded herself that he would be in demand tonight. A thin smile graced her red lips, the glowing crimson eyes showing little emotion. "I hardly recognize anyone not from the Navy," she remarked.

[member="Robogeber"]

A person accustomed to meeting rooms, Ra was not normally at a function this large. Small gatherings that were business oriented were what she was used to. So deciding to approach things that way, she would view each small sect of people along those lines. Each group could be thought of as potential clients for her, but she wouldn't speak to them like that.

"Mingle you say? Why not start with Lady Kay and Adron there?"

There was also another man present she had never seen before. He was with Kay and from what she knew of the Queen of Commenor, she wouldn't allow anybody this close unless she trusted them.

Taking a sip of her drink, she would wait to see if Kei would take the lead or if she would have to. At that moment a speech happened that caught her attention while it went on. She turned to observe the person speaking and the reaction of those also listening. Her days of being involved in combat and wars were in her past or so she thought. Joining in the applause granted to Carlyle, looking back at Kei when it died down.

"We can do this. It'll be fine."

[member="Kei Raxis"]

ozzYces.png

With his hands folded atop one another, and resting over his crossed legs, the Thyrsian waited patiently as the repulsorcade had ferried him towards the distant estate. It was an interesting turn of events to find himself in possession of an invitation, one which he had initially believed to be a mistake due to the freelance nature of his work. However, as he too had been promoted into the Officer Caste of his Organization, there was a sudden need to celebrate underpinning his decision. Thus, mere moments after the flimsiplast had come into his possession, Khonsu had found himself travelling to the fringes of the Galaxy, shrouded in the finery of his people.

His torso was shrouded in a lengthened dashiki that was dyed in the darkest of ebony hues, broken only by the embroidered stitching of contrasting gold that seemed to shimmer in the radiance of the overhanging lumen-strips. While all of the elegance had been woven into his shirt, the coverings that embraced his legs were simply woven from the same shade of lusterless black that covered everything from his shoulders to his muscular thighs. It was a move, which admittedly the Mercenary cared little for, that would ensure that the wandering gazes of those within the estate would focus on the tribal patterns inscribed into the fabric.

Or, at least that was what his tailor had promised. Who knew if that would be the truth of things when he had finally arrived at the estate and presented his invitation.

As his journey slowly came to an end, the Thyrsian found himself unconsciously rolling several of his Kimoyo beads between his fingers, finding some comfort of familiarity in the gesture. This was the first time he had ever gone into… well… any function bereft of his powered armour, and it was clear that there was some lingering doubt over his choice of attire. While it would’ve been an interesting choice to wear to this formal event, and a scandalous one at that, such an outfit would make him stick out more than he had intended too. That was why he was thankful that his contracted tailor had elected to go with the darkened fabrics, rather than the ivory threads that his fellow Sun Guards had chosen for him.

Nevertheless, any lingering doubts that he might’ve had during his transit from the Spaceport nearby to this fine establishment were cast to the wind as the repulsorcade had touched down on a platform outside the estate. It was time for him to adopt his game face, and mingle with the elite. Such things would be expected of him now, due to his advancement to the rank of Twisuns Legate, as that was how his organization had garnered the more lucrative contracts. There was always some rich, and unsavoury individual who wanted someone else of their selective caste eliminated. Such were the games these political dignities liked to play, and for that, Khonsu was willing to deal himself into the fold - just for the chance to end up with more credits lining his pockets than he knew what to do with.

When the automated door had swung upwards, filling the interior of the transport with the floral stench that reeked of the greed attributed to the upper classes, the Mercenary roused himself from his seat and headed inside. He had flashed his invitation to the household guards that sought to deny him access and was soon fully embraced by the opulent ambiance. For a moment, as he stood within the entranceway, the man fought against his nature to divine the building's exits and scour the guests for any signs of suspicious activity. He wasn’t working this evening, but the edge that had been beaten into the depths of his very soul wasn’t something that he could easily turn off at the flip of a switch. Therefore, he needed something to ease himself into tonight’s proceedings and instantly zeroed in on the bar. It seemed that there were several figures of note crowding around the marbled countertop, discussing private matters amongst themselves.

Knowing full-well the scowls he would’ve gotten by jumping into a conversation between members of the aristocracy unbidden, Khonsu elected to move towards the nigh-empty section of the bar and managed to flag down one of its many tenders. When the man was finished helping another of his many clients, he came down towards the end that the Sun Guard occupied - stopping only for a moment to admire his pseudo-tunic and the muscular specimen beneath. It was almost imperceptible, but a trained eye could easily deduce what the Tender was thinking. “One Tatooine Sunburn,” the Thyrsian said, coating his every word with his Desert-born resonance. “If you please.”

Although the Mercenary could’ve preyed upon this man’s emotions, adopting a salacious visage in the hopes of amassing more liquor than he was instructed to give, it was not something he was interested in pursuing. Not in such an elegant establishment, nor with the company that currently resided within. There were far too many wandering eyes and few familiar faces for his liking. So, after the man had tipped two decanters of Starshine Surprise's into a crystalline flute and gave the vessel a stir for good measure, Khonsu had taken the glass in hand with a nod and placed a credit chit in the man’s outstretched hand. With drink now in hand, the Sun Guard slowly spun about on the spot - and began watching the ever-growing crowd of various dignitaries mingle amongst themselves.

"Your suffering could be sensed from outside, Lady Ren."

The voice, booming and authoritative, could be heard clear through the cacophony of a hundred different conversations and the ever-present backdrop of music, as if the soundwaves of everything else had taken a momentary backseat to that of the dark voice. Though despite the voice's harshness there was an underlying sense of humor borne from familiarity, a casual jovial nature that came from intimate association between comrades.

Carnifex himself didn't take kindly to parties of this nature as well, but he couldn't turn down a personal invitation from his own granddaughter even if he wanted to. So he had come, dressed in his most crisp Imperial officer's uniform with a large cloak of maroon armorweave draped from his broad shoulders. A large medallion hung around his neck, suppressing his presence in the Force until he was almost indistinguishable from everyone else in attendance. He didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

"You look radiant, Samka. Though I much prefer you in battle armor. Have you perhaps seen where my granddaughter is? She has the nerve to personally invite me but didn't bother to meet me at the front gate, the silly child."

[member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Samka Derith"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
"Governor Lowe," said Natasi pleasantly as the Varonat Governor approached her. "How lovely you look tonight. One hopes you'll be able to unburden yourself from the cares of government, at least for a few hours." She shook hands with Lowe and noted with distaste that the woman had a photographer in tow. Natasi was to be a prop for this blonde woman's ambition; it was understandable and, deep down, Natasi was forced to acknowledge a grudging respect for her chutzpah. This woman, this golden-haired viper -- she was going places.

"Governor Lowe, may I present my cousin, Colonel Pierce Fortan III?" She gestured towards Pierce. "Pierce, Governor Madelyn Lowe of Varonat."

Pierce offered a hand for shaking and murmured "How do you do?" before retreating back to Natasi's side.

Natasi stepped closer to Madelyn, offering them a measure of privacy. "How are things progressing at home?" she asked, her eyebrows lofting to show genuine concern. "I have the economic figures detailing the impact of the Ministry of Industry & Research easing production quotas. I'm more interested in the other matters you brought to my attention."

[member="Madelyn Lowe"]​

The party would be the first time in a long time that the princess of Zakuul had been able to escape the world, a good opportunity to meet those that would rule over her and her people now. At least with the ancient empire coming under the First Order's grasp Kaila no longer had to feel choked under the responsibilities that their father had left her and Theran, the sense of freedom was appreciated in the cloud of uncertainty that was the deposition of Emperor Orliss.

The door of her car opened as the blonde Zakuulan stepped out from her limousine, a curt nod over the shoulder a small sign of thanks to the driver as he closed the door behind her. She came in a white dress that held itself up by a golden clasp sealed around her neck, her only accessory aside from a small golden clutch that held her invitation.

It didn't take too long to get past the doorman, her picture had been in recent First Order news articles that talked about the subjugation of Zakuul so just a quick check of her invitation was in order.

She looked outward as soon as entering the venue, staring out into the crowds to look for any of the individuals that she might need to rub shoulders with to move forward.

Imposing figures stood mixed in with the crowds, her eyes tracing over their figures assuming that they might be the ones to talk to. Kaila held her hand aloft as she picked up a glass of champagne from one of the passing trays before making her way to the less imposing of the giants, [member="Erin Vikar"].

"I can't say I've seen many giants before," Her voice coming out sweet as she came up beside the man. "But this party seems to be populated with you."

The glass pressed against her smirk as Kailari took a sip from the champagne in her hands, her eyes quickly flickering over the man and his outfit to get a general feel of his position.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Kailari Selanno"]

He turned slightly to accommodate the new presence at his side.

A glance up an' down as he measured if this was someone worth associating with or if it was better to simply ignore her. Pretty face to be sure, a dress that spoke of wealth, but those were only two quantities of several that had to be checked, before closing in on a connection. The recognition flickered in his eyes soon after- Zakuul, yes, it had been quite the prize for the First Order when they added it to their little empire. "Oh, we are only giants when we leave the Reach, princess Selanno." Lucius responded before offering his hand, palm upwards, for her to rest hers in. "Lord Lucius of House Cedeno, a pleasure."

His tone was warm and it cut an interesting contrast to the cold contrast of his attire.

Robes, yes, but they were spun from fine (and expensive) vine-silk from Belsavis. The livery was golden and emerald, he cut quite a figure in it. Fingers decorated with expensive rings, one of them being the signet ring of his house. It was a heavy emerald stone set in onyx, but all of it suggested one thing.

Lucius loved showing off... and he loved himself above everything else.

"Which doesn't happen often, granted, the rest of the Galaxy is quite... unhelpful in accommodating us." He had learned by now to be slower and more calculated in his walks. That was what happened when you hit your head about four times in a single walk. "How is the mood of the Zakuul court, my Lady?"

Right to the point.

Anyone else might have danced around it, but Lucius was interested in how the princess (by all accounts a novice of galactic affairs) would fare against it.

A door opened from behind, footsteps followed. Her head turned to catch a glimpse of the person heading towards her to see [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]. She was a pale woman with white hair probably a few years older than her. A pretty thing. Following her came traces of the Dark Side, giving Samka a familiar and pleasurable prickle of goosebumps on her skin. She held power in the Dark but she was no Knight of Ren, Samka knew near every face by now, it was her task as Overlord. She likely belonged to another group, probably Sith then, The Sith Empire had a few attendees tonight.

She extended her most charming smile to the newcomer as they settled besides her. "A little violence could add a lot to tonight's entertainment," the words in contrast to her sweet, airy voice. "Although I wouldn't want to be on the bad end of it," she added. "Nor would I endorse bloodsports."

Samka let a sliver of Darkness creep outward, just enough to send a cold shiver down the woman's spine. It wouldn't show how powerful Samka was but it would be enough to let the other woman know she was dealing with someone who walked a similar path.

"I hope you brought that just for me," Samka gestured to the drink the Sith woman held. "I could use something strong this ev-"

As she was adjusting her position, pulling her legs out from dangling over the side and moving to cross them together, the doors opened again and this time she knew just who the man was.

"Lord Carnifex," she said in surprise. "I'm surprised you made it but I'm honoured that you did!" She hopped to her feet and offered [member="Darth Carnifex"] a curtsy.

"And I'm not suffering, I've made a friend, see?" Samka gestured with a shake of her head towards the Sith woman. This could be interesting, if the girl was of The Sith Empire than that means her Emperor had just walked onto the balcony and addressed the young woman she'd approached on a friendly first name basis.

"You're too kind, Lord Carnifex," Samka smiled up at the giant of a man, a small blush creeping onto her cheeks - a handy trick to have control over. "It is your best attribute. As for your granddaughter, you may have to wait your turn," a playful ghost of a smirk on the young Ren's lips. A small satisfaction in knowing she was one of a tiny few whose lip the Dark Lord of the Sith tolerated. "Being the young, beautiful Queen of Panatha makes her quite popular. It would be rather rude to jump the line."

The sinister words threw Jorryn through a loop coming from such a sweet sounding girl, an unlikely sentence coming from the figure as she sat there. It was amusing, in a way, the Echani thought as she smiled into her glass before once more taking a sip of the clear blue drink, toying with ideas about what the girl's story was. Perhaps just a sense of humour that ran a little too dark.

"I suppose it would be," The acolyte said as she guided the drink downwards onto the barrier. "Though I suppose it wouldn't make the one's throwing this celebration too happy." The jovial tone coming back as she quickly recollected herself from the odd mix of the girl's appearance and words.

The cold wind blew across the balcony, brushing it's way past Jorryn's open back as she leaned against the stonework. It had been colder than Jorryn thought it would be and for a second she regret wearing a backless dress, for a second her smirk disappeared into a look of discomfort. It wasn't until she realized that the goosebumps raising on her skin and the cold shiver lasted longer than the gust of wind itself.

The red lips changed from a grimace to a knowing smile as the Echani looked back up to the girl, the charming smile still plastered on her face. It was always interesting to meet another darksider, whether on the battlefield or at a simple party.

The Sith's eyes flickered between the girl and the drink as she gestured towards it, sliding it forwards to [member="Samka Derith"] as she spun around with a grin still on her face.

"Help yourself, I can grab another." Jorryn's mind still lingered on the brunette's now clear attachment to the darkside, tongue firmly in cheek as she looked quizzically at the girl. "My name Is Jorryn Fordyce, you are-"

The end of the Sith's sentence simply dragged on as her eyes turned to where the girl's gaze was staring, doors parting way to allow a goliath through the doors. Her expression quickly changing from a neutral look studying the man to freezing in shock when he turned to face the girl the Echani had been talking to, recognizing the face of the Sith Emperor immediately.

She didn't stay motionless for long, as the girl with Jorryn brought the Dark Lord's attention to her. Quickly brushing her dress to fix it, Jorryn held her palm over her chest as she took a deep bow before the behemoth.

"My Lord, I hadn't heard that you were coming." It was the first time that the silver haired Sith had met or even seen her leader and the nervousness was plain in her voice.

The familiarity between the two was yet another thing of the girl that caught Jorryn off guard, the playfulness of their conversation pulling the Echani's amber stare back to the brunette. She was even more curious about who the girl was now, though questions would have to wait as she held her bow until [member="Darth Carnifex"] acknowledged her.

The Emperor threw his head back and laughed, his own jovial nature a facade in the same manner that Samka's adorableness was a front. Both, at their deepest cores, were monsters, butchers, killers, and champions of the Dark Side of the Force.

And they both knew that.

"I am pleased to hear that she is settling into her new role as Queen quite nicely, no doubt with you helping her along the way, Samka. It must have been quite the sight for you to travel to Panatha, for it must seem like a world of giants." Most Epicanthix, male and female, were well over the two meter mark in height, and were thoroughly statuesque in muscularity and fitness. Physical strength was something that was seen as immensely desirable for both sexes, and combat was held to a near religious standard among the masses.

To the Epicanthix, the gargantuan Sith Emperor was on the high end of the average height spectrum.

Now his gaze fell on the young acolyte who had socialized with Samka prior to the Emperor's arrival, "And I should hope that my arrival was a surprise, Acolyte Fordyce, otherwise I would have been immensely disappointed."

[member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
The young Hapan who entered the Vex Estate on the planet of Neo Polis was likely the polar opposite of the staunch and black-clad Imperials at the achievement ceremony in both values and dress, though with her finishing-school mannerisms, she fit right in, at least until she met up with security who scrutinized her credentials in a way that they had not with the few guests in front of her.

Tha’ga Temi, wearing a pristine white gown, hair pulled back in a tight roll, stood patiently until she was given the all clear to enter the gala. She’d not brought an escort upon Tmoxin’s orders as what she planned to deliver required an element of secrecy. The Hapan politician with a strong resemblance to her more infamous sister fretted a little bit. It would have been nice to bring a date, she internally griped. If anything he or she even would have been protection from her own worst influence - herself. And maybe even that someone else who she’d also been ordered by Tmoxin to greet.

Tha’ga had a message to deliver, and by hand was still one of the best ways to make sure confidential information did not end up on some blackmailer’s datapad. It’s how Kyrel Ren was able to gain a hold of Tmoxin in the first place and since then, the Blood Monarch and CIS Vicerene had taken no changes with sensitive intelligence.

The redhead gazed around the room, familiar with the type of lavish wealth on display at the Estate. The guests were quite eclectic, and until she found the Master of Ren, Tha’ga would be content to people-watch. The military, dignitaries, ambassadors, even spies likely would all be here in attendance. After thirty minutes of drinking champagne and scrutinizing the Halcyon fashion scene, she finally asked a party host: “Where can I find Mr. [member="Kyrel Ren"]?”

The man's courtesy caught the princess admittedly off guard, though she didn't let that change the pleasant expression on her face. That quickly changed however as he furthered the revelation by addressing Kailari by her name, changing the charming smile into a confused look for a second before resting in a slight smirk. Whoever this man was he had certainly come prepared to this event, that or she was who he waited for.

"Well you are certainly an interesting man Lord Cedeno," She accepted his hand by placing her own against his palm, though the size difference did make it a bit of a stretch. "And I'm sure the Reach is equally so."

She knew only a little about the Panathan Reach, but most of it was to do with the royals that found themselves over there. Her own planet was close to theirs so knowing and intermingling with the other noble families was fairly common, though recollection of each one didn't come as easily to the girl. Mostly it was filled with knowledge of the Zambranos and their tight grasp over the planet, weaving themselves throughout the roots of the planet.

Her mood was cut however when the noble asked her about the Zakuulan courts, a change that she couldn't hide as easily even with her attempts to recollect herself.

"Many of them have been able to find a place within the First Order fortunately," A forced smile made it's way onto her face as she pushed back the unsure feelings that she came here to solve. "Those who had kept the machine oiled found a place in the administration."

"Unfortunately there were also those that had to be removed," The sombreness of her voice hiding behind a positive note, not even beginning to mention herself or her father. "But that is to be expected. And we have been assured that the rest of the transition is going well underway, led by my brother."

Theron had managed to find himself in an accommodating position, his competency was gladly welcomed over the previous king. He knew that there had to be unity if Zakuul was to stay a prominent planet and spearheaded the transition himself. Kaila however had a less sure future, she still had all the riches from her pedigree but her own position in the First Order was left unclear.

[member="Erin Vikar"]

A smile broke into a soft giggle at his laughter. Simpering without being overly sweet.

"I do my best to guide although she is bolder than I originally anticipated, your blood I don't doubt," a subtle raise of her brow and lowering of her tone expressed the meaning behind her words. The Dark Lord's granddaughter hadn't quite becoming the unquestioning puppet figure Samka had envisioned but her more assertive role wasn't necessarily bad so long as she stayed loyal and Samka was certain she would. Ara's loyalty to the Supreme Leader was always one of her own convince, a fact the much more devoted Ren had noted to her chagrin, but the woman's loyalty to Samka herself? The pair had developed a rapport, enough that the Overlord was certain of her devotion.

She flashed another smile up at the towering Dark Lord, "Was that a dig at my height?" Her petite arms crossed in mock indignation. "If you must know, my time there is spent sinking into furniture, avoiding being walked into by witless locals who lack peripheral vision and leaving those rather ridiculous Panathan meals unfinished. But I have plenty of room to stretch out in the guest bed so I shalln't complain too much."

"Acolyte Fordyce," Samka repeated, the woman had made an effort to introduce herself before but the appearance of the Dark Lord himself had naturally draw attention. The Ren offered the Sith a small curtsy of her own, not as deep as the one she'd given [member="Darth Carnifex"] but a mark of respect nonetheless. "A pleasure, Samka Derith at your service."

Her eyes sparked a little, attempting to catch the gaze of [member="Jorryn Fordyce"] for a moment. Her eyes were large, soft, reassuring. They promised good things, they promised comfort. Fordyce stood in the presence of her Emperor, a fate sure enough to invoke a variety of emotion in a young Acolyte. Samka remembered the day she had met her Supreme Leader as among the challenging of her life. Marching in an open field before the Galactic Alliance's military had nothing on the fear of the day the Supreme Leader had asked about their failures. So she did whatever minor gestures and expressions she could to put the Sith woman at ease.

She took a small sip of the blue drink the Sith had given her. "So tell me, Fordyce, what exactly have you gotten me?"

[member="Darth Lucifus"] thread hadn't updated when I wrote this, didn't mean to miss you out! I'll include you in the next round of posts!

Kyrel had only attended a few parties in his time. The last few during the War against the Alliance, and still he felt naked in his flesh, unlike the armor he wore for most of his time. Throughout the months there was a great change, War had broken out all over the Galaxy, and Kyrel had been everywhere. He had recently traveled to the Sith capital of Bastion attending to important matters there and had only recently helped in the Uprising of Hapes. There he had met a young woman, strong in the Force like her sister, but had been born in the Light while Kyrel was in the dark. The last time he had seen her there was an encounter that had surprised them and since that moment she hadn't been out of his head. Part of him wondered if she could be turned but he never was a good teacher.

Kyrel was clad in the dark tunic that he had often wore when he wasn't in battle. In itself was a mixture of that of an Imperial officer's uniform and that of an Inquisitor or Dark Jedi, with a cape that had flowed underneath him. He sat at the bar, noticing faces from the Sith, CIS, and even the FWC which had started to collapse due to skirmishes from the Sith, and the skirmish on Hapes which he himself took apart in. He was disgusted by even looking at them, at times he was even tempted to kill them. "Liars, Traitors." He muttered in his intoxicated tone. He had gone through several shots of Corellian Whiskey. Of course no one heard him, but how the Imperials managed to let these people in he had no idea. As far as he was concerned they did not deserve to be here to enjoy festivities. Perhaps if they had helped the First Order then they would have earned their place.

Still, his personal ire for those he had deemed unworthy of being apart of the event, was largely kept to himself. Tonight was for the proud Imperials who had served the First Order and have earned their rewards even the mechanical monstrosity that was Grand Admiral Rausgeber. He had only known the man vaguely, but one could argue that with his achievements his career could possibly rival that of such Imperials such as General Hux, and Grand Admiral Thrawn. Like most of the officers, they did not understand how important the Force was but could say he was impressed with the man who was now a machine. He took another shot before seeing a woman come up escorted by one of the guards. "Sir. This woman would wish to see you." Kyrel nodded and as the guard stepped away he stared at the woman. He couldn't believe it, had the whiskey already kicked in too early? As if he should sound happy he only sounded suspicious as he spoke still in an intoxicated haze. "What are you doing here Tha'Ga?"

[member="Tha'ga Temi"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Well, at least [member="Adron Malvern"] and [member="Connor Harrison"] were getting along. That was a good thing. Let her to be the one to argue, not them. Hopefully tonight wouldn't be an uncomfortable one.

Kay followed them further inside the venue. It was busy and getting even busier still. She paused at the tray of drinks as it was presented to her. What to choose? There were drinks there that she didn't even know the names of. But she picked one anyways, with a light pink liquid inside. When she sipped it she discovered that it fizzed, tickling her nose. Well that was...different.

She observed the two of them while they talked about the Empire, all the while her mind starting to drift. When it began to be known that her ties with the Empire were growing closer, what would that mean to the Silvers and the Alliance? Would they feel threatened by that and attack her people? She hoped not. But it was certainly something that she'd have to address soon.

There was...Carlyle? He looked vastly different than when she had seen him last. That was of course a very long time ago, when her territory was still very small. Perhaps in time she'll approach [member="Robogeber"] and both congratulate him, as well as learn of what had become of him.

[member="Kei Raxis"] @Ra'a'mah

I sold my soul to a three-piece
And he told me I was holy

Theme: Hold Me Down

"...expecting someone specific?"

The familiar voice interrupted her reverie, a flirtatious and amused smile turning up her lips as Ara’s attention moved away from the crowd, to lock onto the suited man now approaching, hand extended in greeting. A tip of the head sent her hair tumbling to the side, long curls left unbound along her back, a few delicate chains woven into a crown of braids in difference to her normal circlet or tiara.

”It would be hard to find a night that was not suited to such pleasantries, Moff Calgar.”

The lilting purr held an edge of laughter as she easily identified the man who had originally brought the young Zambrano to Panatha, her hand delicately placed in the palm of the offered hand, a slight bow from the waist her more formal greeting than his.

”A surprising turnout indeed, especially for such a backwater planet.

A soft chuckle invited the Minister of Security to share in her joke, mirth sparkling in her irises, little to no actual disdain present in her words nor expression. A playful, easy exchange to answer the mockingly knowing grin the man wore, the beginning of a game she recognized all too well peeking out from his own gaze.

”I must admit to interest as to whether my personal invitations were accepted, or whether they choose to show their support at a distance, no doubt with a large donation of credits in leu of their attendance.”

Almost in answer to his own inquiry, her mind cast out almost absently, a map of stars lighting up in her mind’s eye, auras and Force signatures both familiar and foreign sparking her interest. A sip of the dark liquid in her glass burned down her throat, a soothing fire that resulted in a satisfied sigh of pleasure, her shoulders relaxing imperceptibly. The small motion send a ripple of movement down the sleeves of the gown she had chosen for the occasion. In the light of the chandeliers above, the multitude of jewels sewn into the thin fabric spark with incandescent fire as they cascaded down sleeves that brushed and a back that draped delicately over her frame. It was far more modest than the Arch-Queen might normally have worn, but the soft peaches and creams and tight-fitting bodice accentuated the curves of the Half-Hapan enough to satisfy.

In the peripheral of her vision, beyond the arch-way that separated the small salon from the main gallery, a figure caught her eye, dark and brimming with power, a height that towered over the rest of the gathered guests. An aura that was just memorable enough to hold more interest than the rest of those surrounding. Finishing her beverage with a large swallow and wolfish grin, the Master delicately offered her arm to her companion, knowing full-well he was versed enough in the ways of court etiquette not to accept.

”Walk with me, if you would?”

Gracefully draped across the arm of the Moff who had initially installed the girl upon her throne, she made her way to greet one of her nobles and the lady who had joined him.

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Erin Vikar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"]​

​As Connor led them to drinks, Adron too took a small flute from the tray, holding it in his hand as he took a shallow sip of the clear liquid. A decent drink, holding a sweet aftertaste that he could grow on him. As the evening progressed he may require something with a bit more body, yet this would do for now.

​The questioning and subsequent compliment on the Empire caused Adron to incline his head in gratitude. "Like all others, the Empire is merely trying to make our vision a reality. Our people are provided for and our borders are secure. What more could we ask for?" He said, in reply to the man's line of questioning.

​Adron looked up, taking notice of how the party was beginning to liven up. The flow of guests was increasing and the more he looked about the more prominent faces could be noticed. Of course this set him a bit on edge, to be in a crowd so saturated with unknown potential, yet in the end he would smile and carry on. "Tell me, Mr. Harrison where do your duties lie? A military man? Or perhaps another man of business?"

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Lady Kay"]

As the Emperor spoke her name Jorryn straightened herself back upright, though her posture was still clearly tense. Her lips curled into a nervous smile as she nodded in reaction to his words, the humour of it unfortunately lost in the situation for the girl as she was further surprised by [member="Darth Carnifex"] speaking her name. Even as the brunette brought the Lord's attention to herself, the Acolyte still stood rigid attempting to clam herself down.

It was a curious look for someone dressed so finely too look stiff as a bone.

She hadn't expected to meet the Emperor of the Sith so early in her career, despite her occasional arrogance and pride about her strength. The entire situation was surreal to the Echani as she took a few breaths to calm herself down, driving her nails into her palm as an attempt to focus herself.

The weight slowly lifted off on her shoulders as she calmed herself, the humour of such a small girl talking this way to such a behemoth of a man, least of all the Dark Lord of the Sith, was finally making it's way to Jorryn. As she eased into the whole situation it finally dawned on her that someone else had joined the trio, a familiar figure, [member="Darth Lucifus"], from Ossus who the Echani greeted with a curt nod.

"Acolyte Fordyce"

The uttering of her name brought Jorryn's attention back to the petite woman who had been so friendly with the Emperor, a relationship that left the Acolyte curious to say the least. She could feel a soothing sign coming from the brunette as she dipped for a curtsey, the reassurances in her eyes doing a wonder in calming the Echani down as she introduced herself. After taking a second to draw a deep breath the Inquisitor returned the gesture politely, a relaxed smile on her face as she dipped slightly to meet [member="Samka Derith"].

"The pleasure is all mine."

Jorryn had completely forgotten about the drink by the time the girl brought it up to her lips, reminding her to order one of her own again.

"That is a Corellian Blue," She spoke softly as a hand raised to signal a waiter to bring the pair of women drinks, a nod of acknowledgement telling her the message had been received as he left to retrieve the drink. "Not the fanciest drink in the world but they tend to make these events more enjoyable faster."

A small smirk coming off as she leaned her palm back into the concrete of the railing, eyes quickly darting between Samka and the Emperor. It didn't take her too long to understand that the petite girl wasn't as she pretended to be, the small sense of the force that nipped at Jorryn from earlier being an intentional tendril from her instead of the poor control of a novice.

"I can't say I expected this when I saw you sitting there though," Her amber gaze quickly flitting back to the Dark Lord, making the subject of her sentence clear even if it wasn't already. "Can't say I'm sure where to begin with questions." It seemed unlikely that she would get any answers to satisfy her curiosity.

Instead she turned back to the girl beside her, this time leaning forward towards the girl's face. She looked deep into her eyes with a piercing look, though the stare carried more curiosity with it than anything else.

"Those can't be their true colour can they?" It was a presumption on her part from the experiences, but still the acolyte hadn't met anyone who could hide the influences of the dark side as easily as Samka had. The sweetness of her eyes looked real enough, but if Jorryn's assumption about the presence that ran across her back was correct then it was just an illusion.

A trick to keep an aura of innocence, hiding away whatever power she truly held.

Taking a sip of the fizz, it was rather dry but had a fruity tang. The Royal Advisor spoke and emendated a subtle confidence and a Force aura. Once again, it was refreshing to see not all those subjected to narrow-minded career paths just with the Force at one’s fingertips. There were many more important positions in the galaxy that needed clear, focused and tactical minds.

Adron’s question was a good one.

"Oh, I, er, travel. A sort of…licenced trouble-shooter." He gave a small chuckle. "I’ve seen all corners of the galaxy in my line of work. I’ve served with the Silver Jedi, the First Order and briefly the Sith Empire. Currently I’m helping the Confederacy find a footing, but that had led me to Commenor and our dutiful Queen."

He knew a few of those names would probably rattle the chains.

"Yet I side with no great Jedi or Sith, no great Lord or Lady who is blind enough to think they can singularly control and influence the galaxy. It doesn’t work that way. I’m here to maintain balance. To ensure the strong survive and the weak do not. So, while the names I have mentioned may appear on the Empire’s Most Wanted list, I have a respect for your people you’re your objectives."

The Empire would be a worthwhile place to visit and influence. Maybe Adron would be a way in?

"Safe to say I’ve encountered, battled or helped a good number of people in this very room now. Their signatures stick out like a beacon. But there will be no trouble from me. Not today." He took another sip. "Same question to you? Where do you sit in the scheme of things for the Empire? And how did you come to serve the Queen?"

[member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom