Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO and Allies | To Rise Above, Soar

Lord Lucius of House Cedeno, loyal vassal. Indeed.

A gracious smile met the deep bow he offered, a quick glance from the corner of her eyes to catch the Minister of Security’s reaction to the sign of devotion, contrived or not. Offering her hand with a polite nod of the head, the Arch-Queen’s eyes sparked with a slight bit of recognition of a name now fit to a face.

”Lord Cedeno, yes, I had thought I recognized you. It is a pleasure to see you again, I do hope all is well?”

Vaguely she remembered seeing the Lord around court once or twice in the past, his voice, full of pride and self-confidence, paired with a slightly cocky smirk…not a persona she would easily forget. Nor was the flashy emerald and gold wardrobe the members of House Cedeno often sported. Tonight was no different, the mix of muted and flashy definitely eye-catching amidst the far more subtle suits of those surroundings. A slight tilt of her head accompanied the man’s recognition of her companion, noting with interest that Lord Lucius went through great pains to identify each of them before they could do so themselves. Appreciation and mischievousness glimmered behind her expression as she recognized the subtle power play for what it was, to establish his knowledge and familiarity with those surrounding was to establish dominance. Interesting.

She might have commented had the Lord not shifted the attention away from himself and onto the lovely lady beside him, a far more petite figure compared to the towering Epicanthix in a lovely dress accepted with a gold clasp. Ara had grown all to accustomed to being the shortest in a group after months spent splitting her time between the Panathan court and the Bastion of Ren, the woman having taken after her Hapan mother in height and delicate features, yet sporting the trademark coloring of the Zambrano line, all darks and fires.

”Your Highness,” An inclination of the chin and small curtesy, one royal to another, was offered the blonde woman, a sweet smile turning up her lips, arm still linked with [member="Dante Calgar"] ‘s. ”The pleasure is mine. I must admit I have been disappointed that the chance to visit Zakuul has yet to reveal itself. I have heard so many wonder-“

"Queen Zambrano, I had wondered where you've run off to."

And thus, she was among giants yet again.

Months of lessons on etiquette and court manners meant she knew that to express her displeasure at the disruption in the form of a sigh at the Dark Lord of the Sith, and her estimable Grandfather, would be a social faux pas in such a public setting. Instead, she easily withdrew her arm from Moff Calgar’s, turning to face the towering figure of [member="Darth Carnifex"] with a slightly tighter smile than was offer to the rest of the gathered party.

”It is hardly wandering off when one has been enjoying a beverage and conversation for longer than a few moments, Lord Carifex. I had wondered if you would choose to attend.”

A slight chuckle creeped in as the Master offered a small bow from the waist, both in difference to their familial relation as well as to his position, her eyes slightly narrowed in a dark humor, knowing he would recognize the undercurrent in her words. How had he reacted to the second of invitations to arrive on his desk?

[member="Kailari Selanno"] | [member="Erin Vikar"]​

"So long," The Ren said airily after the retreating form of [member="Darth Carnifex"], offering a little wave at the Emperor's back. Leaving her with [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]. "He's quite the charmer, isn't he?" She smirked to the Sith Acolyte, slightly aware that the woman may be too awestruck to appreciate her humour.

Ah. Alcohol. She repressed a slight shudder as the Corellian Blue passed down her throat. She'd never gotten along well with the stuff. It was often too dry or bitter for her taste. Truthfully, she hadn't actually expected the Sith to hand the drink over at a stranger's behest yet here she was and if she wanted to maintain her enigmatic appearance, well, it only made sense to drink it.

Hopefully the fact that she was far more accustomed to children's sweets than the burning of alcohol didn't show too strongly on her face. Hopefully.

Glancing back up, she caught Jorryn starring, the amber eyes of those touched by the Dark baring into her. Samka's head tilted to the side slightly, meeting the woman's gaze in a silent invitation to continue.

"Those can't be their true colour can they?"

She gave a small snort in response and a half smile. Samka brushed a lock of her brunette fringe from her face to show her eyes more clearly. "That depends on what true is. These are my natural colours, you know," those brown irises flickered from side to side as she made certain the coast was clear. They were alone on the balcony.

An extended blink and once her eyes opened once more, they shone with a piercing crimson. Most who walked the Dark path would have the amber irises the Sith woman opposite had but a few would have a much deeper red. Samka was one of those people. The colour had drained from her cheeks, the positive glow gone and replaced with snow white flesh while all around the pair there felt a sudden shroud of ice and fear.

But then it was gone.

Just as soon as it had descended, the atmosphere returned to normal and the Ren girl beamed back brightly and warmly at Jorryn with her shimmering brown eyes.

"Shhh," Samka whispered, still wearing a mischievous grin on the young woman's face. "We can't trust everyone in attendance not to be my enemy for later. So let's keep our little secrets together, shall we?"

It was amusing. The Grand Moff wouldn't know about her ascent to Governor of course, that had been kept under wraps after Deputy Director Shepard had become involved, so the woman was ignorant of the little plots and tricks she'd used to gain the position. Nor did she understand that Madelyn's cabinet consisted mainly of twisted lackeys that she would use to further her political power.

Now was a period of change. The keys needed to ascend to the throne were not the same as those needed to rule from it, Grand Moff Fortan was correct in her assessment that some people needed to be removed, though Madelyn wasn't entirely convinced a dismissal and a kick on the rear would be all that was required.

Stifling a chuckle, Madelyn smiled for the camera, waiting for the flash and the woman's comment to the photographer before turning to Fortan and responding. "I think you're right, Your Excellency. I would do well to keep my eyes on the prize." Unable to hide her emotions fully, the corner of her mouth turned up in an uneven smirk, and her eyes took on a momentary glint of mischief.

Remembering herself, she flashed a beaming grin at the Grand Moff and the Colonel, sticking out a manicured hand with short, perfect nails. "Thank you for putting up with me, Your Excellency. I shall let you enjoy the rest of your night." With a quick flick of the eyes up and down the Colonel, she smiled and spun around, leaving the Grand Moff behind. She had her photo, and that was all that was needed.

[member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi watched the woman turn and walk away, the smile dropping from her lips almost immediately, as if the weight of holding it was too much for her. "Is this what I've been reduced to, Pierce?" she asked. "A prop?" She turned to her cousin, lifting her drink again and taking another long drag from her drink. "She walked away form me. She decided she was finished talking to me -- that would never have happened in the old days. And the worst part is that -- I'm not even that bothered."

"Isn't that good?" Pierce asked over the rim of his scotch glass.

"Perhaps in the sense that it's good for someone to go blind if the only thing they have to look at is squalor," Natasi muttered. "I'm not being melodramatic, before you accuse me. It's -- oh, I don't know." She looked sullenly at the crowds as she sipped her drink, her dark eyes narrowing at each familiar face. How strange it seemed, these people all standing around, drinking, enjoying themselves, as if nothing was amiss. "Fiddling while Avalonia burns -- from the inside," Natasi muttered.

"What?" asked Pierce.

"Just shut up, would you please?" Natasi snapped. "How long until we can leave?"

​Nodding his head at Connor's compliment, Adron arched a brow once Ra made an approach. He could not help at chuckle at the fact that he alone called Ra by her full name at all times. "Well, names are meant to be spoken in their entirety." He said, before looking to Ra with a smile. "Especially one as elegant as yours." Offering Ra the compliment, the High Moff would glance over to Kay, just to make sure she was safe and well occupied.

​As the conversation turned back to the topic of the Confederacy, Adron finished the rest of his drink, immediately finding himself needing a fresh beverage to replace it.

​Once another waiter passed by, offering to take the High Moff's glass he offered it up before turning back to the duo. "As I said, while our diplomatic relationship with the Confederacy is not the best, I have no hatred towards them. The galaxy is filled with fanatical, murderous, governments. There are many evils yet to be addressed.

@Ra'a'mah @Connor Harrison

Lydia covered the promotion of Grand Admiral Rausgeber for the Camden Media Group, and had stayed behind to follow up on some leads, making her a little late to the post-ceremony celebration. She ducked into the ladies' room and changed into a strapless red dress, quickly brushed her hair and pinned it carefully with a few decorative pins, and went to work applying her makeup. When she was feeling presentable, she took her pack back out to her vehicle and then walked back into the party, showing her credentials at the door, and began looking around for her date, Colonel [member="Rolf Amsel"].

She didn't see him right off the bat; perhaps he was taking care of some official business somewhere. No matter; they would connect at some point. She made a beeline for the bar. "Tom Collins," she told the bartender. "Try not to drown it."

Liddy tucked a credit chit into the tip jar and turned while the bartender worked on her drink. Her glassy eyes scanned the crowd and lit upon [member="Dante Calgar"], and despite herself she couldn't look away. She hadn't seen him before, and had thought that she wouldn't have to worry about him tonight. Her blood ran cold as she stared at him, and when the bartender returned with her drink, she forced herself to look away. She hoped Rolf would be there soon; she felt safer when he was nearby.

"Hmm?" The Echani's attention jolted back to the girl beside her as spoke, turning awake from the Emperor's imposing figure as he disappeared into the doorway, "He certainly is." The joking manner of [member="Samka Derith"]'s words passing over Jorryn as she spoke seriously. The Dark Lord had certainly been far different to what she expected, more surprised than disappointed or excited.

Jorryn then asked her question, the curious look on her face as she tried to look past the girl's visage for hints of the corruption of the dark side. Her eyes were truly brown and the pure glow radiating from her cheeks seemed as natural as a child's, though the Inquisitor felt that there was more to her than the appearance. Samka whinged ever so slightly from the drink, but her study of the brunette's features was more important than her motions.

She had never met someone that could feign an appearance so she was mostly guessing, though it was clear that this was no trick of the makeup. But in her something in her guts told Jorryn that the sensation she felt was controlled.

The girl's subtle motions to allow the Echani's inspections told her she was onto something however.

Brushing her hair to the side to reveal her eyes clearly and quickly inspecting the rest of the balcony, Samka's eyelids closed for an extended period of time. They opened to a deep crimson that Jorryn had never seen on a Sith before, though it was clear from the air that they were from the same causation. The paleness of her skin to a glassy white came along with the same presence from earlier, though this time it didn't simply crawl along the acolyte's spine. The intense aura of darkness emanating from the brunette bore down on the silver haired Sith's shoulders this time, though instead of a discomforted grimace Jorryn's red lips parted into an excited grin.

And then just like that the only coldness the acolyte felt was the breeze blowing over the balcony.

Jorryn leaned backwards with a small shiver, her body still not being as prepared for that darkness as much as her mind was. One short scoff of disbelief escaped the Inquisitor's lips, still surprised as to how much power was held in a girl Samka's size. Let alone how she managed to hide all of it.

The Echani took great pride in her visibility as a servant of the Sith, proudly letting her amber eyes glow fiercely at all times. But even she could admit the uses of being able to hide all that corruption if the need ever arose, especially for her job as an inquisitor.

"Well if we're being honest," She muttered as she straightened herself out again, calming the goosebumps that had raised against her skin. "I don't even remember the colour mine were."

Her childhood had been one of abuse and education in the dark side, even by a tender age her eyes had glowed gold with the beauty of the dark side. Memories from before that she couldn't recall, nor did she make any effort into remembering. Still the curiosity was clear in her eyes now, sparkling with ideas of how to use this technique.

"I don't believe betraying your trust would ever be a smart move with what I've seen," The dreamlike tone still clear in her short giggle as she tried regain her grasp of the situation. "So you have nothing to worry from me, my Lady." The title coming out without thinking, a natural instinct for one who had had respect for their betters beaten into her.

"All I'm wondering," She said with a hint of eagerness behind her voice. "Is when can you teach me that trick."

The waiter that Jorryn had motioned to earlier had finally made his way back, offering the Corellian Blue to the Sith as she relieved it from his grasp before shooing him away.

"I do wonder what my eyes looked like when I was a child." She whispered as she grinned into her drink.

Samka returned to her perch, hopping back to sit upon the stone railing. This time she sat facing the doors rather than dangle her legs off the side and had moved a little closer to [member="Jorryn Fordyce"].

The woman was oddly innocent, especially so for a Sith. She seemed to hinge on Samka's words with childlike wonderment, even excitement. Samka had caught the way she had smiled upon dropping her disguise. The pulse of the Dark Side causing obvious pleasure instead of discomfort in a way only its adherents felt. The way she showed respect too, by referring to the Ren as my Lady was exactly the sort of thing the prideful young girl found endearing.

"it's nice to have appreciation," Samka smirked mischievously at the Sith as she took another swig of the drink.

Her eyebrow cocked slightly at the Acolyte's words. "Teach you? I don't tutor just anyone, you know," her smile keeping things good-natured. "You'll have to impress me," her eyes sparking with an issued challenge.

"I do wonder what my eyes looked like when I was a child."

"Look at me," she ordered firmly yet not unkindly to draw Jorryn's attention from her glass then leaned in slightly to study her gaze much as the woman had done to her previously. No. On further inspection, there was no hint of the natural colouring of her eyes. It was lost to the golden hue of the Dark Side. "Hm," she grunted admitting defeat in the search of any trace of her natural colour. "I'm sure this is an improvement anyway. It is evidence of your power and commitment. Although if I had to guess," Samka's gaze flickered to take in the rest of the woman's appearance. "Lightly coloured hair like yours often means lightly coloured eyes. Not always, this galaxy is a large melting pot of genetics, but there are still trends. I would say your eyes were blue, if I were to venture a guess, or perhaps even green."

The Ren settled back, taking yet another sip from her drink, noting the glass was nearly empty. "You must have been turned young to not remember anything of your past appearance," she ventured a conversation to the Acolyte, probing for further information. "Younger than I was at the least. I was... Ten? Eleven? I've stopped counting birthdays. It seems pointless when there's so many calendars in the galaxy."

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"]

No reaction was almost as succinct as an outburst of magnificent rage as far as Cedeno was concerned.

After all, it was a lack of etiquette to ignore even the smallest piece or snippet of conversation, the fact that it was more preferential to the alternative? It told Lucy there were quite some... deep feelings when it came to her brother. None of this was of any use to Lucius personally, of course. Why would it? His interest in Zakuul was five minutes old and no plots were in motion involving them.

But sometimes the game itself was the joy.

"Oh, you know me, my Queen." A wide smile spread lazily in response. "I always find the pleasure in things." But the dark presence of the Dark Lord suddenly sweeping over them and heralding his coming.

Lucius immediately took a step back and bowed.

A bow that was much deeper than what Ara had received, if she was paying attention, if not... well, that was okay.

The touch of his fingers brushed Selanno's elbow. Indicating that after her bow she, too, should take a step back and let Ara occupy Kaine. There were... bigger fish and Lucius did not try to pretend that Kaine wasn't much larger than any one of them. It was best not to pull his attention too much. Oh, he was a polite despot and presumably still remembered his efforts to help him him retain the Panathan throne.

But... still.

"It must be quite thrilling to be surrounded by so many powerful faces at your first jaunt past Zakuul, princess." Lucy murmured, shifting his attention back to her.

The words of the Panathan queen came welcome, the friendly tone in her voice only brightening Kailari's mood as she expressed her wish to see Zakuul. The shortening off her compliments somewhat disappointing the princess as the massive figure loomed over the group, directly speaking down towards the Queen of Panatha.

The symbol immediately betraying the identity of the man to Kaila as [member="Darth Carnifex"] allowed her to once again dip herself in a curtsy to the Sith Lord, the same height that she had done for the other present Zambrano.

"Lord Zambrano, a pleasure." Her words coming out sweetly though she could see plainly that the figures focus was on the brunette instead of a wider conversation, the brush against her elbow confirming that fact. "I would hate to interrupt family," An innocent smile widening across her face as she turned fully to face [member="Ara Zambrano"]. "If you're able to manage your way to Zakuul, I'll ensure that you're giving a grand welcome."

With one final small bow, the princess bid her exit alongside [member="Erin Vikar"] as she followed him. A questionable decision but she found his irksome personality amusing in it's own way.

She took a sip as the words leaked out of Lucius' mouth, her smile fading a bit as he prodded more about her feelings.

"And here I thought you knew about Zakuul, my Lord." A more droll, patronizing tone came out as she decided to poke back against the Epicanthix. "I have been surrounded by Emperor's my entire life, I hardly get giddy when I meet another." Two of them specifically.

Wait it's three now, kark.

"I must admit however that meeting other nobility certainly is interesting," Her thoughts again turning to the past as her mind searched for memories of her childhood. "My eyes have been focused inwards too long." A wistful sigh escaped her lips as she took another pensive sip of her drink.

[member="Dante Calgar"]​

Jorryn's arm fell back against the stonework beside the pair, laying the drink in her hand down along with it. She watched as the girl again took a seat on the railway, another thing that caused Jorryn to wonder how dedicated [member="Samka Derith"] was to the act. Whether she stayed this way all the time, the youthful look and act deceiving others, or if she simply didn't wish to alarm the other guests.

Mindlessly the Echani chewed her lip as her mind began to wander once more, before the brunette pulled her attention again.

"You don't have to worry about that," The words coming smooth out of her mouth as she raised up once more before standing in front of the Sith, leaning in for a short second with a sinister and determined look. "I'm sure I can do more than impress."

The confidence in her abilities was certain in Jorryn's mind, but what she did best was manipulate. The ability to hide the beauty of the dark side could come in handy when it came to her place in the Saaraisash. The challenging glimmer in the Lady's eyes made the comment even more interesting, a sure sign of the girl's interest in Jorryn's power.

The Echani was caught off guard however, as the girl commanded the Inquisitor's attention to her. The surprise was clear in the pale haired girl's face, but only for a short time until Jorryn realized that Samka was returning the inquisitive stare back at her. The Sith returned the girl's earlier gesture of trust with a submissive gaze of her own, allowing the girl to finish her inspection.

The outcome was unfortunately the same as Jorryn's own knowledge, but the compliments that came along certainly softened the blow.

"It was more curiosity than wishing to regain my old eyes," The pride in the amber glow radiating from around her iris' came clear through her voice. "They could have reflected the galaxy itself and still couldn't compare to the beauty of the dark side."

The girl's pondering continued, the Inquisitor's mind again drifting as she tried to imagine herself with blue or green eyes. All she was certain of was that she could definitely rock whatever colour they were.

But then the grin disappeared as the question's of Jorryn's past were asked, clearly caught off guard once more. She rubbed the back of her head awkwardly, not even noticing that she was ruining the careful bun her hair was wrapped up in. Being a member of the dark side was the Echani's proudest feature, displayed in all aspects of her life. Unfortunately her mind didn't seem to share that eagerness of her origins.

"Oh, uh, yeah." She muttered weakly, not being able to hide the awkwardness as much as she wanted to. "I was turned very young, can't remember much past that." The dull pain creeping into the back of her head as she couldn't help but venture into her ancient memories.

"How about yourself," The weakness quickly turning into an eager tone as she rapidly changed the subject back to Samka. "I can't say I've seen eyes quite like that. Keeping them hidden is a tragedy."

She finished her champagne in a long gulp, tilting her head back until she felt lightheaded. She lowered the glass, clenching her eyes closed for few long moments before they snapped open again. "I'm going home," said Natasi to Pierce after a long moment of awkward silence as she stared into the crowd, at everyone and no one.

"Home?" Pierce asked. It was the first time he had heard Natasi refer to Number 10, Park Boulevard, as 'home' -- which made him wonder... "Back to Number 10?"

Natasi's voice was wry when she responded. "Where else?"

"Let me just finish my drink," said Pierce.

Natasi shook her head and placed her empty champagne flute on the tray of a passing waiter. "You must stay and pay my respects to Grand Admiral -- whatever the hell he's called now." She saw his eyeroll and pre-empted it. "Best behavior, Pierce. Remember who signs your paychecks." She reached over and patted his cheek affectionately, letting her hand linger against the curve of his jaw for a few long moments. She studied his face for a few minutes more. "You look so much like Grandpapa, it's really quite extraordinary," she muttered.

Pierce's eyebrows furrowed and he wrinkled his nose. "Are you drunk?"

The Grand Moff chuckled, but the sound was hollow and joyless. "I'll miss..." she cleared her throat and looked down. "...the rest of the party. Goodbye, Pierce."

As quickly and effortlessly as she arrived, Natasi left. Pierce knew better than to go after her, but his eyes followed her all the way to the door.

"And how would you impress?" The Ren challenged [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]. "Once this event is done, you'll fly back to your empire so far from here and I will sink back into the shadows. It's most probable we'll not see one another ever again," she offered a mocking pout of sadness at the idea.

When the Acolyte spoke of the Dark Side's beauty, Samka responded with a smirk. "Well said." It was the first time the woman had really felt Sith tonight. She took deep pride in her alignment, as she should. It's what made them powerful, it made them better. Even if Jorryn was far from the height of her power now, one day she would be and so long as it was the Dark Side which fuelled her, it would make her a force to be reckoned with.

Although it was back to uncertainty soon after, the Acolyte becoming shy, unfocused when questioned on her past. "Those times are not always pleasant but they are necessary to become what we are meant to be," she said kindly. "Things have to be torn down so that they can be rebuilt stronger. The principle applies as much to a building as it does a society or an individual."

Samka went to take another sip of her drink only to find it empty. When did that happen? It must have slipped her mind... and despite her disdain of alcohol she found herself craving another.

"Well aren't you kind?" Samka chuckled as Jorryn moved the topic back onto her. "When you work where I do, it pays to have them hidden away. Let's imagine someone here takes a picture to remember today's events. Let's imagine they put that picture in an email to a family member. Let's imagine that person has been monitored as a person of interest by the SIS, the Galactic Alliance's intelligence services. Let's imagine that picture shows yours truly caught faintly in the background. A young girl so obviously walking the Dark Path. They would try and piece together my identity and, well, we can't have that. There's far too much at stake and I work better undercover."

She held out her empty glass expectantly, waiting for the Sith to get them a refill. "I'm not the type to put statues of myself everywhere, if that wasn't clear. At least for the time being."

"How could I pass up such a direct invitation from my granddaughter?"

A dark smile crept across his face, his wickedly baleful eyes passing over Ara and her entire entourage. He recognized several of the faces that had surrounded his grandchild, but there were many others that he did not. Nonetheless, he initially ignored them, as he had done previously with Samka and Fordyce, in lieu of directly conversing with the object of his immediate fixation. "I regret to inform you that the other you invited could not attend, she's quite busy with her current line of work. She sends her most sincere apologies."

The Lady of Secrets was very busy indeed, with the Alliance rushing to clean up the Empire's new devastating offenses across the Core Worlds. She would keep the Emperor updated on everything that passed through Alliance hands, and the current whereabouts of the Alliance's top officials.

Everything was falling into place.

"But I am sure you're chomping at the bit to talk with me about our mutual acquaintance, she's been quite informative on your last gettogether."

[member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"] | [member="Erin Vikar"]

ffbBTO1.png
Kyrel could notice the young woman was lost within his cold gaze. Was she recounting events of that night? Was she still fascinated with him? These questions kept persisting within his mind and waited till she had finally snapped out of it. Strange as ever he had thought. Could the Force be drawing her to him, he didn't know but one more second of them standing, and he would protest that they move quickly. Still, they had moved and when she finally showed him why she was here. He remained expressionless as she told him that Varas would hold most of Tmoxin's holdings in the event of her demise.​
He did not have any questions, to find that the woman had left her holdings to Varas when she is of age had brought excitement to him. Perhaps the holdings could benefit both the First Order and the plans that would become of the Hapes Consortium, but for now, he wouldn't say, he had only stared at Tha'ga for a moment before replying. "Proceed,"
Seeing her now after that night was awkward enough, he could only imagine what would happen now after she finished her business. He didn't want another repeat of that night and tried to forget it, even now images had crawled back into his head that had spoken of temptation. He had hoped that after all this she would go back to her partying, but for now, he couldn't say let alone what would come of this meeting.​
[member="Tha'ga Temi"]​

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Tha’ga may have been nervous and yes, at times naive. But she wasn’t stupid.

And if there was one thing the Hapan was good at it was remaining diplomatic and somewhat poised, despite what turmoil she felt inside. At least she could act out the facade of grace for a little while until she was alone somewhere and could exhale it all out like air from a balloon.

Examining the flimsis for a moment, she realized there was not much more to tell. Breathing in slowly the redhead near-human said, “In the event of Tmoxin’s death, her holdings will be awarded temporarily to Derek Dib, Viceroy of Siskeen until Varas comes of age.” She bit her lower lip for a moment, and whether Kyrel cared for her sibling or not, Tha’ga felt the need to inject a bit of humor into the dour and tense moment. “Don’t worry. My sister is a conniving cat with nine lives. She won’t die before Varas is twenty-three.” Or I hope not, thought her younger and devoted family member.

The Hapan politician examined Kyrel’s face for any trace of the charming and inquisitive human at the Temi estate, yet she could find none. Perhaps he was inebriated, but either way, Tha’ga with her jaw set, felt a coldness there that she had not felt before. And unlike when she’d first seen him sitting at the bar, she felt sorry she’d come. People were fairly easy to read - body language, a subtle ambient aura, even The Force rippling mysteriously under your skin. Tha’ga read the signs.

“I’ll not disturb you any longer with this. I can see your busy.”

She turned to go, back to the party as he’d hoped in his mind, heels beginning to click rhythmically on the marble floor.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

ffbBTO1.png
The more Tha'ga spoke Kyrel couldn't help but see her beauty, images of that night continued to flood his mind, despite him wanting to say otherwise, he wanted to catch up with the young woman. He had taken an interest in her in many ways, from wanting to show her the ways of the Force, grooming her to be an apprentice. Show her what true power was, something that you could wield the Force of nature itself and not behind a chair in some court. The woman had carried potential indeed.​
He tried to calm his anger, how Tmoxin keeps getting into his life he had never known. The funds had pleased him yes, most likely coming in handy for the plan that lied ahead with the future, what had even made him raise an eyebrow when he had heard of another Viceroy taking control of those funds. It didn't make a difference to him the funds that he had used from the First Order would do until such assets are taken.​
As a sign of Tha'ga's enhanced awareness, she had turned to leave to which Kyrel had turned to grab her wrist. Speaking in a gentle tone unlike before in an inquisitive tone, as he loosened his grip once he had caught her attention. "Tmoxin could have sent someone else. You came here for something else besides a message, tell me what brought you here Tha'ga?" He said relaxing his gaze as he stared into her hazel eyes getting lost in them for a moment.​
[member="Tha'ga Temi"]​

"I find promises of learning to be the most tempting to seek one out," Still eagerly chewing the words out as the girl began to exaggerate a pout before leaning back to stare out into the city. "Plus finding people lurking in the showers is part of my job." Her amber gaze turning back to [member="Samka Derith"] as her tone became more curious. "Though I can't say I've ever had to track down someone quite like yourself."

Taking another sip from the blue liquid in her glass, the dull pain from her memories began to subside as she took a bit more from the cup that what would be considered lady-like. Jorryn's palm found the base of her skull as she once more tried to rub it away, a morose look on her face as she stared towards the floor. The Ren spoke kindly, but anytime that her past came up all of the Echani's flair disappeared.

"You're right of course," Quickly turning back to face the brunette with a grin forced out against the nagging inside her skull. "I would never wish to go back and change where I am now. The dark side was the only path I've yearned to walk, the freedom and power that come with it are all I long for in life."

Her mind wondered as to why she was sharing so much information with someone she had just met, maybe the girl had already latched a tendril to her mind in order to gain some insight.

Probably the booze though.

Speaking of the Corellian Blue, Jorryn hardly stifled a laugh as the shorter girl raised an empty glass to her lips. The Echani herself was also getting through her drink surprisingly quickly, the glass already being more than halfway finished. Still the pain had begun to subside so it she could slow her pace down once more.

"I suppose toning down the flair of power could be useful for someone like yourself," A small note being tucked away in the Sith's mind as she wondered what the girl was, possibly an assassin or a spy. "And as unique of a flavour as your eyes are among the dark side I can understand the need to hide them away. I wonder if they would make my job easier or harder? People fear the Sith and that fear is useful in it's own way, but I wonder if a normal appearance would bring out more willingness."

Jorryn pondered this for a short second before the girl lifted her empty glass, a smirk parting in her red lips as the acolyte beckoned the same waiter over and signalled for a pair of drinks to be brought.

"A statue of myself is most of the reason why I keep my appearance up." The Echani jested as she raised the glass up to finish what little was left. "I'm sure that one day I will hear your name across the galaxy in the Empire, Samka, statue or not."

Know you? Hardly, M’lord.

The look that lingered on the retreating figure of Lord Cedeno was a mix of calculation, anticipation, and humor, the depth of his bow to the Dark Lord not passing unnoticed, but also going unquestioned. For now. It was no secret that many of the Noble houses of Panatha still owed their allegiance to her estimable Grandfather, a few having chosen to follow his “exile” rather than to stay and see what one of his kin could offer them instead. Those who had chosen to remain had sworn their fealty to the new Arch-Queen and the Supreme Leader, but Ara was not so foolish as to assume that words spoken in a formal ceremony precluded them from stabbing her in the back, should the chance arrive. No, the game was to win those she could over…

And stay one step ahead of the rest.

”I shall make arrangements to do so immediately, your highness.”

The soft promise accompanied by a friendly nod towards the other Monarch was all that was afforded before the air moved away, a hushed conversation offering the Arch-Queen and [member="Darth Carnifex"] some semblance of privacy. A small smirk tugged up the corner of her mouth as their conversation reached her ears despite the din of the room, music, and Kaine’s booming voice, too long spent overcompensating for the poor eyesight that accompanied her Hapan blood, a disadvantage to balance out the fine features she exploited all too well.

A feigned sigh of disappointed crossed her lips as Kaine delivered the news she all but expected, a soft frown replacing the smirk almost as quickly as it came.

”I am sure she is. Quite a shame really, as I found out last engagement quite enlightening.”

A knowing look from the corner of her eyes was cast toward the tall Epicanthix, her words carefully chosen as his were, conscious as she was of the Minister of Security close at hand. Lifting a tall-stemmed glass from a passing tray, Ara sipped at the pale pink liquid, surprised at the brightly floral notes mixed against the astringent champagne, a far more pleasant sip that she had expected. Allowing the surprise and a bit of satisfaction flash across her face as she took another sip, a simple hand motion indicating that the waiter should offer the beverage to her small entourage.

”Indeed, we have much to discuss, M’Lord. Perhaps another time and place? I hardly believe it would be a matter of interest to those gathered here and I would so hate to be a poor hostess.”

A slight narrowing of her eyes as her crimson gaze caught his, unspoken promises that they would speak sooner rather than later flashing in their depths. Where he may have expected to see anger or disappointment, instead there was merely humor and curiosity. An inclination of her head indicated the rest of the group, attempting to draw his attention to those gathered, rectifying the rather rude single-mindedness he had displayed upon his entrance.

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Kailari Selanno"] | [member="Erin Vikar"]​

"If you do hear my name, that means I've either failed utterly or had a career change," Samka muttered to the Sith. "Let us hope it's the later."

"Speaking of careers," she cast a curious gaze over [member="Jorryn Fordyce"]. "You said your job was to... watch people shower?" The Ren raised a brow as she regarded the woman. "I knew that Sith could be degenerate but I didn't know they made a job out of it," the amused smirk on her face reassuring the Acolyte this was to be taken in jest. "Asides from that, what is it that you do? Perhaps then I could tell you how useful hiding in plain sight could be."

The waiter reappeared with drinks for the pair. Samka smiled brightly and nodded with gratitude as she took her glass and sent the man back inside to the main gathering, leaving the women alone once more. Taking a small sip, she cocked her head to the side, regarding Acolyte Fordyce for a moment. She sent small, cold, probing tendrils of Dark energy to pick up on the woman's thoughts and feelings, making little effort to hide what she was doing, assuming the Sith would be somewhat used to her superiors analysing her.

For Samka, the Sith was interesting in her blend of Darkness, excitability and openness. She relished the cold embrace of the Dark Side as she should but already showed her emotions to the Ren with a genuineness rare among the adherents to the Dark. It was an odd combination and made it clear she was still relatively unproven among their ranks. This gave her the opportunity to rapidly grow in power over the coming years. Samka's probing and testing had that in mind, the Ren Overlord examining how much potential the Acolyte may have moving forwards and whether future contact may be beneficial for them both.

All the while, as the invisible, icy tendrils probed the Acolyte, almost caressing her, Samka continued to beam up at Jorryn as sweet as could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom