Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Does "obtaining the permanent sponsorship of a major faction" need to be a new major faction which hasn't been listed as signing a contract with your company before or can you re-do a contract to make it permanent?

[member="Janick Beauchamp"] If by that you are referring to a writer who owns Workshop A, writing a contract thread with another writer who owns Company B, and both writers using that same thread for a tier-up request, then yes they may do so, so long as they meet the factory requirements for what they are using the thread for.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
The salvage rules are clear in that:

• You may only salvage items you have submitted. You may not salvage items you have purchased and/or been given.
However, in a corroborating thread with both writers, can an item, owned by Writer A, be salvaged and made into a tech submission that Writer B creates?

Calina Ovmar said:
Following the death of Anaya Fen her company has fallen to her daughter who already runs her own. Is it possible to merge the companies? Or is it better to make one a subsidiary of the other?
Whichever process you would prefer. It'd probably be easier on you to make whichever is the smaller company into a subsidiary of the larger one, however.

She moves like she don't care
I am currently working on products to be sold from my company (pending approval). Once approved, I will like to submit its products. Can I submit one general product type like wines under the technology thread, but include all the different varieties of wines in it? For example, under wines there will be red, white, emerald varieties.

I am fine with submitting multiple entries, but the description and ingredients for wines will be similar (e.g. red or emerald or peeled grapes grown in Alderaan, yeasts, sulfur dioxide for ingredients and a fancy description of the wine made from Alderaan).

Mariya Fleischer said:
For example, under wines there will be red, white, emerald varieties
Varieties being listed in the same submission are fine, as long as the variations are not so different from each other that they become entirely separate consumables. Red wine & white wine are close enough that this is fine, for example. An example where this wouldn't be okay is if the variation was something like rubbing alcohol and wine (to keep the context as close to what you'll be submitting as possible).

She moves like she don't care
More newbie questions. Apologies for making you guys work...

1. It is mentioned that "Codex & Factory submissions may only be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's approval date." If I have a roleplay thread that is ongoing and my company is suddenly approved, can I still do an "Active Company Expansion Objectives" like asking for sponsorship from a faction or signing a contact in this ongoing thread?

2. Under the company rules, it is mentioned that for Active Company Expansion Objectives, they include "Establish another operation for your company" and "Establish or help establish a new location". How does one go about doing this? I am assuming it is to roleplay things out as a thread and not merely provide a submission to the codex as a new operations or a location (e.g. factory or outlet). If it is based on a roleplay thread, do you still need to submit a codex for it after the roleplay is done?

3. For major projects, it is mentioned that "create, produce, or service something that would have a sizable impact on the growth of your company" and "Only the posts in Dominions and invasions that pertain to the actual project will count for the major project". I am guessing there is no fixed number of posts on this but the efforts put in. Also, it means that somehow for some reason, you do something related to your company project like salvaging during an Dominions or invasion instead of trying to fight with someone, the effort is counted?

Thanks.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Hey all,

For a submission that includes Phrik, instead of stealing just the ore from one of the planets listed in the Restricted List, could I steal rather the whole product? Its more so for story reasons than anything else.

Thank you much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom