Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Can a Workshop create a Mass-Produced item, so long as it is explicitly stated that the item in question does NOT count towards the advancement of said Workshop? i.e. mass-produced weapon add-ons, ammunition types, etc.

These items would be made by the workshop up to and including a Mass-Produced scale, but again, would NOT count towards the advancement of a Workshop to its next tier, and would have to explicitly state so in the Tech Submission.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Work shops are not meant for mass production of items. A workshop is a small shop that specializes in unique to semi unique items.

"A Workshop is a small operation, comparable in size to a Tier One Company. A Workshop’s growth in tier reflects increasing prestige and expertise in a specialized field"

Comparable to a tier 1 company -- and a tier 1 company is unable to mass produce items.

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

We used to have a guide, but honestly, it is about the scale of the project rather than posts.

It should be something big that can have a comparable impact to your business once complete. The next stage of your company that showcases its skill and ambition.

Can I gain more than one restricted material from a thread and use these materials in different projects?

Say for example:

I go on a mining expedition to acquire stygium for a personal ship, and write the thread through the eyes of an NPC accompanying my character, completing the RM mission:

"Complete a role-play from an NPC’s perspective who is accompanying your character."

Can I then use the NPC RM mission to obtain personal cloaking devices to be used in its own sub unaffiliated with the stygium and use the stygium for its intended purpose?

I intend to create a lighter armor for Ran, made primarily out of silk and plates for the upper body. After some research, I decided I would like to utilize the following materials for said armor: songsteel for the plates and shell-spider silk for the rest. Since the production of the item would be unique, I believe there would be no need for a dev thread as regards the use of songsteel. However, the shell-spider silk has been mentioned to have a resistance both to vibroblades and blaster fire in its wookieepedia article and I am a little concerned that combining this material (which is not in the restricted materials list) and the songsteel would be abusing a little bit. As is the case, my question is if a dev thread would be recommended for this armor submission.

Thanks in advance!

[member="Ran Aohki"]

Spider silk is fine. It isn’t restricted :)

Although, shell spider silk isn’t really much of a “silk” persay if you are thinking cloth. It is more like a weave. But otherwise, should be fine to use both.

So, I am creating a material for my Chaos-approved planet, and there is a natural-occuring material, and a refined alloy that is made after refining and mixing it with durasteel. Now my question is...should I submit both in one or do they need to be in separate submissions?

For quick clarification, the jist of the material is that it is considerably effective against kinetics/pressures, with the alloy inheriting these traits, but to a lesser degree.

Lord Mettallum

A really buffed Metal Lord
So recently i have gotten permission by someone who owns a canon company for me to buy it and we are wondering do i just make the company submission with a screenshot of our pms on buying the company or are we meant to do other stuff before the transfer of the canon company can be done.

edit: well this never got answered and the submission i made that caused this question has been approved so i guess there is no need to answer anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom