Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Eddak Manod said:
What are rules on Company Merging? Can a lesser tier be merged with a larger tier, thus growing the lesser tier? I couldn't find specifics on the situation in the rules.
The larger company tier becomes the tier of the merged companies. A thread regarding this merger should be completed.

Eddak Manod said:
[member="Nadja Keto"]

Sorry? Does that mean only the larger company benefits from the merger like a contract, or does the smaller company gain the tier of the larger company?
They merge into a single company.

Besides physical defenses, Kuat Drive Yards undertook other measures to protect themselves or prevent capture. Every ship built or upgraded at a KDY facility had secret backdoor codes installed, allowing KDY security forces to access and gain control of that ship, or simply shut it down. The KDY facilities and some ships were fitted with secret self-destruct mechanisms to prevent capture.
Kuat Drive Yards/Legends - Security section, final paragraph​

Would this be illegal, if it was clearly stated in a Marketplace Thread, that if any KDY assets (Ships, vehicles, Weapons) were attempted to be used against KDY assets or facilities, that they would be shutdown? Of course, unless an individual learned/knew about the backdoor codes, and was able to disable them? This would only pertain to new items which were submitted to the factory, by me.

It would only remotely disable, so jamming systems would render the codes null.

I know the ruling regarding Tier 6 companies only being able to produce 5km ships at limited, however, let's say a faction wanted something larger than 5k built by a certain company. Would they be allowed to do so?

Ferron Troste said:
Kuat Drive Yards/Legends - Security section, final paragraph​

Would this be illegal, if it was clearly stated in a Marketplace Thread, that if any KDY assets (Ships, vehicles, Weapons) were attempted to be used against KDY assets or facilities, that they would be shutdown? Of course, unless an individual learned/knew about the backdoor codes, and was able to disable them? This would only pertain to new items which were submitted to the factory, by me.

It would only remotely disable, so jamming systems would render the codes null.
If it is not in the submission then the submissions cannot do things they were not approved to do, such as being remotely disabled in such a manner.

Zahori Denko said:
I know the ruling regarding Tier 6 companies only being able to produce 5km ships at limited, however, let's say a faction wanted something larger than 5k built by a certain company. Would they be allowed to do so?
No.

Gerarich Thanor

Bigger the ship, the better
For ship hangars in the templates and squadron counts, is this including ground vehicles as well? Or is the hangar only meant for the number of squadrons of starships?

If it is separate and ground vehicles is not influenced by the hangar, how do I get the number of squadrons of ground vehicles?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Do Tier 6 Companies and Tier 6 Workshops have the same fleet limitations for simplicity sake? Or can a Workshop not have a fleet at all?
Workshops cannot have fleets. They are specifically listed as small operations generally employing only the owner of the workshop, and perhaps a few NPCs.

Gerarich Thanor said:
For ship hangars in the templates and squadron counts, is this including ground vehicles as well? Or is the hangar only meant for the number of squadrons of starships?

If it is separate and ground vehicles is not influenced by the hangar, how do I get the number of squadrons of ground vehicles?
The easiest way to gauge how many vehicles you can fit via the hangar is to calculate it against the starship squadron size. Taken from the star fighter template: "The average squadron for any starfighter is 12, at lengths averaging 12.5 meters." Basically, based on your vehicles size, if it is larger than 12.5 meters, you would have smaller numbers able to fit into a hangar. If the vehicles are smaller, you can fit more.

I’m not a hundred percent sure if this is where I should be asking this question: but suppose I was looking to use a “pistol” version of a bow caster. Would that count as just a modified bow caster, or would that be something I had to get approved?

Drauchir said:
I’m not a hundred percent sure if this is where I should be asking this question: but suppose I was looking to use a “pistol” version of a bow caster. Would that count as just a modified bow caster, or would that be something I had to get approved?
The factory is optional. If you don't wish to submit it, and it isn't breaking any rules or possibly overpowered, feel free to go without making a submission.

Let's say that the site had a rule about not being able to play a character that is of a race of dragon-like look, and name. So would it be against the rules to create a Talisman of Transformation? If not, then I would assume that the weaknesses would have to be major and be rather crippling if exploited/and or for a very short amount of time?

I know that the rule states that you cannot play a character that is a dragon, but because this is an item that can transform you into a dragon for a very short span of time, with major downsides, would this be allowed, or banned due to the rule?

Ignis Imura said:
Let's say that the site had a rule about not being able to play a character that is of a race of dragon-like look, and name. So would it be against the rules to create a Talisman of Transformation? If not, then I would assume that the weaknesses would have to be major and be rather crippling if exploited/and or for a very short amount of time?

I know that the rule states that you cannot play a character that is a dragon, but because this is an item that can transform you into a dragon for a very short span of time, with major downsides, would this be allowed, or banned due to the rule?
If there is a rule which exists that bars writers from playing dragon species, then transforming into a dragon species would make your character a dragon and thus in violation of that rule, however briefly.

[member="Kaine Australis"]

No, each linked thread may only be used to fulfill one of the sub-requirements for each tier level. ( IE: No double-dipping the same thread to fulfill a major project and a contract.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom