Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

[member="Jamie Pyne"] | [member="Raziel"] | [member="Cira"]

Apologies if this is not the appropriate place but could I please have The Jedi Path removed from the Archives and returned for final approval. The Dev thread has finally been finished.

Malen said:
Just wondering, is it possible for an AI to be used for mass-production
Because AIs are a restricted material their production is capped at limited production. For more information about restricted materials, you can check the Factory Standardized Rules.
fb16c27f876ccda6b98ca5392ecc3714.png

Wellen Jones

The Boys Are Back In Town
Good evening factory folks,

I was wondering, I have a tier 3 company that I have somewhat left to disappear into obscurity. I'd like to take over the company with this new character, as the old CEO/President character is now deceased, and I'd like to carry on with the company. Is there any company modification I need to do before making factory submissions/doing business threads/tiering up? (Just a little note, this is a factory submitted company, not Canon)

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
[member="Darth Ananta"] [member="Cira"]

The Factory rules specify that an approved item cannot be used in a thread which start date begins before the item's approval date. Does date include time as well? i.e. if an approved item is approved an hour after the thread has started?

[member="Jak Sandrow"]
The rule is enforced including time if it is reported, but if the other party (other people you're writing with) are okay with you using a submission that was approved after the thread started you should be in the clear. Just keep in mind that you may be reported if everyone you're writing with are not okay with it, which would mean a Role-Play Judge might ask for you to stop using the submission.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
find my self in a wee dilemma
i'm planning this as a barricade weapons platform
barricade_complex_by_aimmort-d3gk2p8.jpg
it's intended as a portable prefab barricade. so it's a trailer. would it count as a vehicle or Tech?

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
For workshops, can personal commission threads count separate from Unique products? i.e. if I did a unique product and a thread for that product, would those count separately? Or as only one or the other?

Ello guys and gals! I shall soon become famous on this forum, for i have waaaay too many questions needing answers. Question of the day: Would a rebound ray cannon be okay? Heres what i was thinking:
Range-Standard turbolaser range
Damage: 0,5x turbolaser damage on 1st bounce, turbolaser damage on second bounce, serious damage (1,5 to 2x turbolaser damage, whatever is reasonable enough)
Bounces: 3x per shot
Bounce range-500 m to 2 km, whatever is reasonable enough
Curved shot tragectory, requires advanced targeting computers to plot shots quickly and reliably
Weak in 1v1 duels
Slow tracking but can bring down three small ships with one shot (rounds are attracted to metal, once within 10- 50 metres from target, the shot veers to the target) Rebounds almost never miss (only ridiculously fast ships can evade cuz speed and attracted to metal)
I really like this concept and the stats can be changed easily. Could a member of staff edit this to something they think is reasonable? PM me with the reply or tag me here if you can answer this question and give e pointers on reasonable stats for this weapon. I want this to be minor production or even limited and im ready to write dev threads about it. Still need to expand my company to do weaponry.

[member="Kyle Raymus"]
Based on the information you've provided I do not see something of this design being acceptable when balance is put into consideration. A weapon which fires turbolaser rounds that home in on their target, can hit multiple target by bouncing/rebounding, and does more damage with each successive hit is not balanced.

To break it down:
  • Turbolasers have no canonical ability to lock onto targets (after the shot is fired), or be attracted to metal in the way you've envisioned. This, by itself, is largely unbalanced.
  • Turbolaser rounds being able to strike multiple targets by way of rebounding or bouncing breaks from what turbolasers do in canon, and thus from star wars.
  • Each successive strike from these bounces doing more damage is not balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom