Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Can ship sizes be up-scaled with Workshop tiers as they are with Company tiers? Obviously only companies are allowed to mass-produce, but are tier 6 workshops able to make very large ships?

[member="Dax Fyre"]

With the changes to restricted materials as of January 1st, you may perform the objective any way you see fit. If this is a unique submission, you do not need to perform the mission objective at all for Phrik. If this is for Semi-Unique and you are not using a T6 company to manufacture it, or you are looking for limited production, my initial statement applies.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Workshops are limited in scale to a Tier 1 company unfortunately. It is not feasible for a single person to build a Dreadnought or comparable battlecruiser.

Mariya Fleischer said:
1. It is mentioned that "Codex & Factory submissions may only be introduced into role-play threads whose start date begins after the submission's approval date." If I have a roleplay thread that is ongoing and my company is suddenly approved, can I still do an "Active Company Expansion Objectives" like asking for sponsorship from a faction or signing a contact in this ongoing thread?
Yes. As long as the other people in the thread are okay with that.

Mariya Fleischer said:
2. Under the company rules, it is mentioned that for Active Company Expansion Objectives, they include "Establish another operation for your company" and "Establish or help establish a new location". How does one go about doing this? I am assuming it is to roleplay things out as a thread and not merely provide a submission to the codex as a new operations or a location (e.g. factory or outlet). If it is based on a roleplay thread, do you still need to submit a codex for it after the roleplay is done?
You just do a role-play thread to establish our company's growth in that area or field of work.

Mariya Fleischer said:
3. For major projects, it is mentioned that "create, produce, or service something that would have a sizable impact on the growth of your company" and "Only the posts in Dominions and invasions that pertain to the actual project will count for the major project". I am guessing there is no fixed number of posts on this but the efforts put in. Also, it means that somehow for some reason, you do something related to your company project like salvaging during an Dominions or invasion instead of trying to fight with someone, the effort is counted?
  1. Yes, we go by the effort you put in, not the amount of posts tallied up.
  2. You need to focus on the major project as the subject of each of your posts in those threads (such as those dominions or invasions)

I had two questions I've been wondering about.

For my Tier Up Sizable project, if I write a full story by myself taking a project from conception to development and completion using multiple NPCs, would that satisfy the requirement, or is it better to write a thread with another writer to tell the story?

Also, how do we differentiate between an A.I. and a droid brain? They both seem able to do similar things. I ran into this in a previous sub where I'd have had an easier time using a droid brain but didn't want to stumble into making it seem like an AI. I was wondering how we differentiate between them so I know for future submissions.

[member="John Locke"]

A droid brain is programmed to know what it is designed to know. It can learn things relative to what it is designed for, such as a pilot droid could learn to pilot any number of ships, or learn how to better fly, navigate or evade.

An AI is limitless learning potential that contains a sentience to it akin to that of a person. It can potentially have true emotion, it has freedom of thought, and possesses all the qualities of a living being. It would be afraid to die, for example. A droid lacks all of that.

As for the sizeable project, it would be best to do this with another writer, to explain the involvement it has with some manner of the galaxy outside of its own bubble.

Hi!

Table 1.0

There are listed values for maximum combat fleet / maxmum non-combat fleet meterage on Table 1.0.

There are no listed values for the meterage for Space Stations owned by Minor Factions or Companies (I'm guessing it's functionally irrelevant to Major Factions) - are there any such limits?

Unique Canon Ships over 500m, can they still be claimed? I noticed Tanomas Graf held a Star Destroyer but it's mentioned he might have been grandfathered through an older system. I thought Canon Items had to be owned by the Writer Account, but can only be fielded if you have an appropriate faction or company. I was interested in a ship under 1,600m, and it isn't destroyed.

Shia Kryze said:
Hi!

Table 1.0

There are listed values for maximum combat fleet / maxmum non-combat fleet meterage on Table 1.0.

There are no listed values for the meterage for Space Stations owned by Minor Factions or Companies (I'm guessing it's functionally irrelevant to Major Factions) - are there any such limits?
A military station would be considered a part of a combat fleet, and a civilian station would be considered part of a non-combat fleet (for the purposes of fleeting engagements).

Eddak Manod said:
Unique Canon Ships over 500m, can they still be claimed? I noticed Tanomas Graf held a Star Destroyer but it's mentioned he might have been grandfathered through an older system. I thought Canon Items had to be owned by the Writer Account, but can only be fielded if you have an appropriate faction or company. I was interested in a ship under 1,600m, and it isn't destroyed.
Canon ships over 500m cannot be claimed by writers. They exceed the limits in place for Factory size limitations. The ship referenced was approved prior to this ruling and was associated with a major faction with the writer in question as the designated PC captain.

Super TD-T47 said:
If I was to design a drop pod, under what category will it go?
If it does anything beyond act as a big metal pod to drop something from the air/orbit to the ground (such as: Can it be piloted? Are there controls? Repulsorlifts? Weapons? etc), then I would submit it either as a vehicle (only for use in-atmosphere) or starships (for use in vacuum, beyond an initial drop).

If it just acts as a metal pod that has no other functionality than being released from whatever is dropping it and landing on the ground, then basic tech would suffice.

Super TD-T47 said:
Also is owning a private Lurcehulk Droid Battleship allowed?
500 meters is the maximum length for a PC owned/affiliated starship. A character cannot possess a personal ship over 500 meters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom