Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Empire of the Hand

Leena Mai

L
[member="Mason Deschart"], don't lose heart!

This faction seems to have a foundation based on slow or unreliable posters, you could wait them out! ;)

Trust me, that wont work. The foubdation may be slow, but the others wont be. The point is, the creation of this is a slap in the face to those who were essentially making this same thing in the form of the Remnant. That and I know people will join this faction over ours because of who runs it. Like it or not, popularity is always a factor.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
There's a couple of ways to go with this. You could collaborate and see if the two factions are able to reconcile. You could have them feud and create conflict in an Imperial civil war type situation. You could meet halfway between those and have them be allies or rivals.

What I don't recommend is letting bad vibes sit unaired in the open. That's what happened with Atrisia and the Fel's, and I believe it's what prompted the fall of both.

You dont get it because you dont see it. Those that made this have more member pull than those of us at the Remnant. Our thread has like 5 posts in it and has been up for a week or so. This was posted yesterday and has multiple pages.

I am actually curious on where this new Imperial Faction would be located. That would affect their interactions with each other.

To be honest I think it'd be nice if all Imps could get together. Might make them an interesting threat if they all ended up being some form of Imperial splinter cells with an overarching Empress/Emperor shared between them all. Would be weird/neat having them all spread out too.

IC here though you're all maniacal jerks. . . .well from this character's view.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Alright... so let me be the bad guy here for a second. How's that the problem of the makers of the Empire of the Hand? As I hear it this has been planned for a long time and simple OOC time constraints have hold it back, and let's for a moment pretend that it was only conceived yesterday... the Imperial Remnant and the Empire of the Hand are both canon ideas with canon foundations.

You can't lay claim to things like that and neither can you blame people for wanting to create a faction of their own with a foundation in canon.

Instead of getting yourself angry over this, you should focus on your own faction and try to make it the best you can.

Just my two cents.

[member="Mason Deschart"]

Im done. You guys arent seeing what Im saying and thats plainly obvious.

We will not gain as many/any new members because of this factions existence. The pull of this factions member base will make people want to join it instead of the Remnant. From an OOC standpoint, this faction will destroy our ability to effectively recruit.

Mason Deschart said:
Im done. You guys arent seeing what Im saying and thats plainly obvious.

We will not gain as many/any new members because of this factions existence. The pull of this factions member base will make people want to join it instead of the Remnant. From an OOC standpoint, this faction will destroy our ability to effectively recruit.
Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy then....

The faction that is more popular wins. If yours isn't more popular and you can't make it so it's not like it'd last long anyway.

If we didnt have competition with a group thats exactly like us but has big name people in it then we wouldnt have a problem.

The point is this faction is a waste when they could have all joined the Remnant and helped us develop it, making one larger, solid faction instead of two split ones with basically the same concept.

Mason Deschart said:
The point is this faction is a waste when they could have all joined the Remnant and helped us develop it, making one larger, solid faction instead of two split ones with basically the same concept.
Welcome to our cycle of factions. Sith did it first, got ruined. Jedi did it second, got ruined. Next comes the Imperials!

Mason Deschart said:
If we didnt have competition with a group thats exactly like us but has big name people in it then we wouldnt have a problem.

And they will turn around and say 'Touche, why don't you just join the Empire of the hand and help us?'

Just because you were first with the idea doesn't give you some sort of magical copyright on the idea and make people join you first. If people want to join this rather than you, that's their choice.

[member="Mason Deschart"]

Let me make this simple - you are beating your head against the wall of 'things you cannot control'. I would suggest making more productive use of your time by working on what you can control instead of bleating out the diatribe of the unfairness of the universe. Being here, speaking as you have been, is a detriment to your faction, and produces little else in the way of results.

Even simpler - You want people to join your faction? This is not the way to act. Not the way to go about it.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I absolutely get it. This is very similar to what happened with Atrisia when the Fel's showed up.

That ended badly for both factions. It would be disappointing to see the same thing repeated. I encourage conversation here because there's no reason this conflict can't be worked out one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom