Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Empire of the Hand

The Empire of the Hand
empire_of_the_hand_insignia__grand_admiral_thrawn__by_viperaviator-d5272qg.png
What is the Empire of the Hand?

Historically, the Empire of the Hand was a secretive, autocratic government established by Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Unknown Regions soon after the rise of Palpatine’s New Order. As an efficient government that held to most Imperial ideals while eschewing the less popular edicts of Imperial doctrine, such as the Tarkin Doctrine and institutionalized xenophobia of the Imperial heirarchy, the Empire of the Hand was an extremely stable example of governance. With an extremely disciplined military that accepted all forms of aliens into its ranks, the Empire of the Hand existed to defend the Unknown Regions from extra-galactic invaders, and the monsters that lurked within it.

Now the Empire is being resurrected, and with no great threats to the galaxy lying beyond its borders and the demise of the illegitimate Imperial successor states that rose after the Gulag Virus, it is turning its gaze inwards to the Core.

Why?
Because why not? The Empire of the Hand is probably one of the more awesome concepts of Star Wars literature, showing a balance between Imperial and Republican ideals, with an extra dash of Chiss. Chaos has been crying out for a viable Imperial faction for ages. The Fels and Atrisian Empire were good concepts that came and went pretty quick, and left me personally wanting more. Also, Star Destroyers, AT-ATs, TIE Fighters, stormtroopers, clawcraft, Grand Admiral Thrawn, the 501st Legion, the 181st Squadron, Moffs, Chiss … I believe that we have the writers to deliver on the huge promise of an Imperial style faction.

Also, because Chaos.

Mission

OOC: To provide the Chaos community with an awesome Imperial faction to play with. A more individual story-based faction than the usual Chaos: A Game of Galactic Dominance style factions, so basically, an alternative to the norm.

IC: The uniting of the galaxy under a pax imperium, whilst maintaining the moral standards of the Empire of the Hand.

Execution/Structure
Government: Authoritarian Empire
Head of State: Emperor/Empress

Streams: Political, Military, Intelligence

The Empire of the Hand has historically been oriented towards being a military organisation first, but both Politics and Intelligence have become of supreme importance as the resurgent Empire grows in size and strength. These are the three main streams for a character to join as a member of the Empire of the Hand, though places can and will be found for those characters who do not apply to any of those streams.

Also: Empire of the Hand, now with added Science.

Political
Political ideology is what separates the Empire of the Hand from other Imperial successor states. Focusing more on establishing alliances and trade agreements between systems with the Empire, and less on ruling through fear and force, a political character within the Empire of the Hand requires a higher amount of diplomatic nous than the norm.

The political system of the Empire of the Hand is a top-down structure, with the Empress being the Head of State, with a high amount of executive power. His/her political power is held in check partially by the Council of Moffs who serve and advise him/her, headed by the Grand Moff. Below the Moffs, Governors hold direct control over systems.
  • Empress - [member="Ashin Varanin"]
  • Grand Moff
  • Moff for Internal Administration
  • Moff for Security
  • Moff for Internal Affairs
  • Governors
Imperial Intelligence
The Empire of the Hand’s Intelligence stream is based off of the rich content available from Extended Universe sources. Cunning and ruthless in equal parts, Imperial Intel is second to none in the galaxy. Separated into two sub-streams, the Imperial Security Bureau (ISB) and Inquisitorius (Force-user sub-faction), there are a huge amount of character opportunities for writers in this particular stream of the Empire.

Imperial Security Bureau:
The ISB is the Empire of the Hand’s dedicated law enforcement, internal and external intelligence agency. Characters in the ISB could expect to work in the Surveillance, Investigations, Internal Affairs, External Affairs, Interrogation, Re-Education or Enforcement departments. The head of the ISB is the Central Commander, with a ranking structure very similar to the traditional military format.

Inquisitorius:
A secret division of Imperial Intelligence made up of Force users called Inquisitors, this is basically the coolest thing ever. Potential Inquisitors were extensively examined and tested, then put through rigorous training in order to become deadly agents for the Empire. In the Empire of the Hand, all forms of Force users are accepted as long as their loyalty to the Empire is assured. The ranking structure is as follows:

• Grand Inquisitor - [member="Ahani Najwa"]
  • High Inquisitors
  • Inquisitors
  • Apprentice Inquisitors
Military
Originally a military-centric system of government, the Empire of the Hand maintains a large and extremely disciplined fighting force. The Navy is the premier military authority, and is made-up of two sub-streams, the Fleet and the Marines. Military characters will have a lot of room to get themselves into exciting threads and advance through the ranks, if they so wish. Being a relatively small military on the galactic scale, the Empire of the Hand’s armed forces focus heavily on the tenets of maneuver, though that is open to change as the faction progresses.

The Imperial Fleet:
Headed by the Grand Admiral, the Empire of the Hand boasts several fleets that are renowned for their discipline and proficiency. Mixing classic Imperial and Chiss elements (TIE fighter/clawcraft hybrids are a massive sustain), the Imperial Fleet is well known for its ability to maneuver, and the sharp tacticians in command who make it so. The ranking structure will be illustrated in due time, but expect something very much like the British command structure. TIE fighters, Star Destroyers, clawcraft, all the bread and butter stuff can be found within the Fleet.

Unique units -
  • 181st Fighter Squadron
  • Black Eight Squadron
  • Death Squadron
  • Thrawn Fleet
  • And the list goes on
The Imperial Marines:
Headed by the High General and dominated by the pre-eminent Stormtrooper Corps, the Marines are a highly maneuverable force that follows doctrine centred around high enemy casualties while preserving friendly forces. These aren’t your garden variety stormtroopers that can’t hit the side of a barn door. These are thinking stormtroopers; highly disciplined, precise and well-trained, and under the Empire of the Hand every soldier is a leader of some description. Sweet white stormtrooper armour is a massive sustain.

Corps of the Imperial Marines:
  • Stormtrooper Corps (Infantry)
  • Corps of Imperial Cadets
  • Imperial Armoured Corps
  • Imperial Corps of Artillery
  • Imperial Corps of Engineers
  • Imperial Corps of Signals
  • Combat Intelligence Corps
  • Imperial Corps of Transport
  • Imperial Medical Corps
  • Imperial Ordnance Corps
  • Imperial Corps of Military Police
Unique Units-

• 501st Legion

• Empress’ Guard

• And all the other countless awesome ones
Imperial Department of Military Research (Science)
A Factory-addict’s wet dream, Imp R&D is responsible for researching new weapons, starships, technologies, battle stations and biotech for the Empire of the Hand. With several high tier corporations affiliated with Imp R&D, this place is basically like a giant Factory sandbox. Join up, get creating, get deving, get subbing, get involved. Science is awesome.

Q and A
My character is a Force User. Do I have to be an Inquisitor?
A. No. No way. You have freedom to do what you want. That’s what this site is all about. Mostly.

Are my characters limited to joining a specific stream?
A. Also no. No they are not. You are only limited by your imagination! This is what dreams are made of!

Will we be heavily, heavily encouraging the creation of character-driven unique units within the Empire, like, I don’t know, the 501st Legion?
A. Heck. Yes. Nothing could get me more excited.

What do you guys have going for you?
A. Everything. Good hair, not bad at dancing ... Seriously though, this is an experienced and inventive group of writers that we have on board already, all open to new writers and new experiences. And we have a habit of kicking butt. That we do.

Here is where you ask questions and I answer them. But basically, sick concept, get involved while the getting is good. Join here!

Love,

gossip gurl xoxo

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Out of curiosity, how will this group interact with the Imperial Remnant that now exists as well?

Aurelio is definitely a pro-imperial at heart, so I'll be keeping an eye on this! :)

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

[member="Aurelio Murtix"]

I wouldn't worry too much in that department, they will ether not last long enough or they will fit in more with the Republic. Their ideals are the republic with an Emperor over and republic, light siders who commit "lawful evil"

If any f them read this, my challenge still stands to prove me wrong and we meet in war.

[member="Darth Ares"] It shall be a glorious war. And after the war I'll count how many of them go flying off to Mommy about their broken rattles. Or was that Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee? One of the two, surely.

But war. I approve of war. Unless it's against us. Then they die. . . wait...

OOC: Welcome!

[member="Ahani Najwa"]

You feel strongly about war, I like that. I will look for you in this glorious war, but if you cross me, you would do well to memorize my face. It will be the last thing you see before I send you below.

OCC:

Welcome back to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom