Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Duel of Faiths [Warlords of the Sith Story Campaign|Episode I]-[Check OOC]

dggf28R.png

Allies: WotS| Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield | Vora Kaar | Darth Interitus | Darth Voyance Darth Voyance
Enemies: NJO | TSE | Ryv

S6xooCK.png

“Ah, the other Jedi,” Vinaze remarked as Ryv vaulted over him. As the Jedi’s blade careened for the Sith’s head, Vinaze moved aside in a quick blur, arriving only a few feet from where he had been. The upside to having his body controlled by the force was such abilities of movement, ones he had never thought he could perform. The downside to being able to avoid Ryv’s attack was his loss of focus. As soon as Vinaze moved, his grip on the padawan slipped, and the boy fell to the ground gasping desperately for air.

Vinaze curled his face in disgust. “I felt your presence nearing. It was you that ended my servants. I could feel them returning to the force from whence they came.”

Vinaze began to circle slowly around the room, never breaking eye contact with the Sword of the Jedi. “You must think I am weak enough to agree to either of your terms, but the dark side has given me strength beyond what a man like you could fathom.”

Vinaze lifted his hand with great concentration, feeling the connection in the force between the two men. There was only one way to test the true mettle of a Jedi, beyond lightsabers and telekinesis. Vinaze grasped Ryv’s mind with the force, struggling against the willpower of the Jedi.

“You are a powerful Jedi, aren’t you?” To his disbelief, the Jedi resisted his mind trick. This was certainly no mere Jedi Knight. “No worries, I know you cannot overcome the dark energy of this place for much longer.”

Vinaze began to channel the energy of the tomb that was all around. He focused all of his will into overpowering this Jedi. As he struggled he slipped a prayer to Ajunta Pall under his breath. As he finally broke the threshold into the Jedi’s mind, he relaxed. If Ryv was as powerful as Vinaze thought, then he would only have a short amount of time to recuperate before the Jedi broke free from the nightmares that were now plaguing his waking mind...

"You still don’t have a good opinion of them."

"No, I don't." Beltran replied, looking at Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . "I have no good opinion of any person who seeks to enrich or empower themselves at the expense of others and I'll not support any regime that would enslave others."

Beltran really didn't want to get into yet another debate of philosophies with the woman. While he was coming to respect her and the honor that she'd displayed during their interaction here today, he was coming to believe that they both held views that were diametrically opposed. Perhaps they would find a way, one day, to reconcile those differences or perhaps they wouldn't, but the Lorrdian really didn't feel like rehashing it over and over again. He was about to tell her this when she spoke again, surprising him.

"What motivated you to become a soldier? I already know why you wouldn't be a Jedi, but I don't know why you became a soldier."

Beltran pondered his response for a moment, staying silent and then he answered. "I became a soldier because someone believed in me." He said. "I grew up an orphan on Lorrd." He told her. "I lived in an orphanage, and then on the streets. I became a gang member. I robbed others, took from them and hurt anyone who tried to stop me. I killed people. A lot of people. Eventually, I got so good at killing people that I did it for a living. Then one day, my fortunes changed. My patron was killed and I was forced to flee my world. I wandered the galaxy for a long time, working as a mercenary and an assassin. Then, by chance, I met an Antarian Ranger named Valkren Calderon Valkren Calderon . He recruited me into the Silver Jedi's war with the Sith. He showed me a better way to focus my dark impulses, in service to freedom rather than my own enrichment."

Looking out across the battlefield, Beltran suddenly wished that his friend was here with him now. "He was a good Commander, a great man and an even better friend."

Beltran went silent for a moment, remembering all of the things that had brought him to this point in his life. He was lightyears away from the man he'd thought he would be and that distance was only growing. Maybe that was a good thing. Maybe that meant that one day, there could be a life for him after all this violence and death. Beltran hoped that his friend had found that, wherever he was now. Maybe a family. A wife, kids. I nice home on a farm like the one he'd grown up on. Maybe, one day, Beltran would see him again. But if he didn't, he would always remember the Commander who had made him a force for good.

"And you," He said, glancing over to Ingrid once more. "What of you? What made you become Emperor of the Eternal Empire? Why did you choose that path?"

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
KorribanBanners.jpg
Objective: Protect Adrian Vandiir from any trouble.
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | G1 OmniLink || Shield talisman | Empyrean gland | Taozin amulet
Tag: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr
dRUm20K.png
"I don’t defend the Sith Empire, but they don’t acknowledge slavery, but I know you didn’t mean that and I accept your decision."

In addition to actual slavery, there was another that was not called that, but in the eyes of others it was slavery. Didn't know the man didn't want to argue, but she didn't want to do it either. Had more important things to do than quarrel with Rarr or fight meaningless word battles about something. Their views were similar in many things, but not in many others. Ingrid accepted this and the honest answer she received to her question surprised the woman greatly.

Feth! Plus, it all affected a point that was a huge weak point for Ingrid. Ever since she had her own income always supported orphanages, war orphans, hospitals. Luckily, didn’t know what such a situation might be like, but she saw it in a lot of people and didn’t want such children to be deprived. Luckily, she now had plenty of money for that, not to mention the upcoming foundation that was planned with Adrian. In this respect, the Eternal Empire was good, not letting the orphans get on the path that Beltran had to take.

"The Commander can be a great person."

Said honestly. Knew exactly what such a person was like and that also wanted the two she looked at like that to be here, but in her case, those persons were lost. First Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , then Tacitus. Although the woman had been missing for several years, Ingrid didn't know if she was alive or dead. Tried to search her, but so far with little success. And saw Tacitus' death in person. She? Might surprise the man.

"I never wanted to be an Empress. I was born in Nelvaan, the place that later became the centre of the Eternal Empire. To a warrior culture, to a clan system, right in the middle of an assassin war. According to our culture, every young person will be a warrior, so as soon as I learned to walk, I already had a sword in my hand. I was taught as an agent and assassin from an early age. I was raised to suppress all my emotions, I was four or five years old when I first killed a man, an assassin of one of the hostile clans wanted to kill me and my younger sisters. As I got older, the two elite armies who served our clan also trained me as a soldier, one as an intelligence agent, and an assassin, and I received tough mental training. I served the CIS for a long time, then returned home after the Eternal Empire was established. The Emperor called me, I was honoured and we regained our older noble rank. His men were conducting an experiment; the experiment failed and found me, waking up my Force Sensitivity. Before that, I was an average person, I became Tacitus’s disciple, first his agent, assassin, and then head of Blackwatch, the Intelligence, gaining increasing political influence, joining the STRATCOM as the Overseer of the Intelligence Committee, after which he chose me as his right hand and I also received the rank of the Overlord. Due to the Overlord title, I became the regent after his disappearance and then the Empress after his death. If you ask me if I wanted to? No, as a simple agent, I was happiest. I never wanted power and influence, nor stepped out of the shadows into the light. That is, my world, I would not even ask the Force if I had a choice. I just don’t care about any such power just to be able to serve my Empire and my family…"

Even now, said only what was well known about her, no intelligence agency is likely to know more than that. She kept everything a secret, and Nite helped with that.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

0XoE8UH.png

Armor: X | Lightsaber: X | Theme: X
Allies: Darth Voyance Darth Voyance | Vora Kaar | Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze | Darth Interitus | Xenro | WotS
Enemies: Ryv | Carnifex | Mlow Eman'outther | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Riyo Milne | Onrai | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Sith Empire | GA
S6xooCK.png
How powerful it was to witness the bombardment of Korriban from the displayed viewports, watching infernos spread wide and far from each individual impact. He was uncertain on how many were killed, but that was not what truly mattered to him beyond entertainment. What meant more to the Devil was the landing of this great vessel and the invasion of Korriban's surface. Already, several of his closest followers, including one Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze had landed upon the sands, although his presence - though incredibly strong - had gone silent the further he went on his quest.

The Praxeum would descend and unleash those hungering within its winding, cyclopean halls, and the Jedi soiling such ancient lands and the wayward Sith that had remained oppositional to the Warlords would suffer such terrible fates. The sagas of this battle that would be written and released to the Galaxy decades later would bring readers and listeners to tears. Force them to beg for the chance to reverse time and save those poor souls from their horrible damnation. Tell them that they should have lowered their arms and submitted to the might of their foes. This Kascalion knew for certain.

The Praxeum broke through the fleets and entered proper orbit, carving through the atmosphere like a descending titan cast away from the heavens. Slowly, ever so slowly, did they descend, now appearing in the red sky, visible for all to see as the war raged on the ground. The sands were scorched from blaster fire and drenched in blood, the spirits of dead Sith appeased by the carnage. Kascalion would have grinned if he had the flesh, but instead, he remained still and glaring at the viewports, each second passing with the relative speed of hours. There was only one clearing in the location they had marked for descending that was able to hold the Praxeum safely, and that is where the Devil ordered it to land.

And so it did.

With the final motions necessary to avoid colliding with tombs and jagged rocks and dented sands, the Praxeum touched the sands and a wave of accomplishment filled the command center. Rising to his feet, Kascalion ordered, at last, the releasing of the Sith awaiting their meal so anxiously. Silently, the command center officers sent about the string of orders from terminal to terminal before reaching those in the main entrance, where the transport ships shot up their engines and ensured that their passengers were secured. Inside those tombs of metal and cybernetics, gnashing teeth, auras of red and black, and glowing eyes in the darkness shuddered and shook. How how much they desired combat. Domination. Death. The Dark Side flowed through them in advanced, unknown ways as the Praxeum did its work on their minds, heightening their savagery, their suffering, their cruelty.

They were prepared.

They were starving.

They were here.

The main entrance doors slid open and the hell of the Warlords making was unleashed.

Here we go. First post, post-invasions. Little iffy in my opinion, but it gets the job done, speeds things up. Praxeum has landed, Sith inside have been released inside their transport ships and are making their way to engage the enemies on the ground.

Title_Card_2.png

ABOVE KORRIBAN // HORUSET SYSTEM // OUROBOROS
OBJECTIVE: COVER JEDI RESCUE EFFORTS FROM ABOVE

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE
GW9BcFn.png
MOSHED-2020-10-4-13-48-10.gif

Consumed by the urgency of the situation, the self-aware gesture Romi made was lost.

Romi’s touch and words forced assurance that she was fine, and Loske had to accept that. At least until proven otherwise. “Okay, good.”

The Master’s observation wasn’t incorrect. The Ouroborous’ advantage was its size...and now, it was a disadvantage. The darkness from Korriban, combined with the miasmic sprawl of evil emanating from the boarders was nigh blinding.

The shipwide alert klaxoned through the hallways, sending a trill of exigency through the Jedi Knight.

"This aura of dread i-is giving me a really bad feeling...It's working like smokescreen. Lets be careful."

“You’re right. We should be smart about this. We have thin resources up here.”

With each footfall, Loske sorted through their options. The admiral wanted them in the second command centre, which meant the first was likely compromised. As long as their power was out, they were vulnerable and couldn’t fire back on the ship that contested them. While Loske was getting handier and handier as a mechanic (praise be to Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt 's lessons for repairing The Renegade) she was nowhere near capable enough to get the dreadnought back online. The Sith had already cleaved through the ship and were making their way on board. While the soldiers within the ship’s containment were capable, they weren’t at a level able to match Dark Lords.

“We need to give our technicians time to get our weapons back online. If we can put pressure on their ship, as they have ours, their focus will be split.” Her brow furrowed in consideration. “Right?” Glancing in Romi’s direction as they continued to hurry, she sought a validating reaction before she calcified the idea in her own mind.

“Yeah, we have to.” She answered herself, running through the alternatives just before skidding to a stop outside the reinforced blast doors they’d been instructed to regroup at. She barely had time to find the camera to look up expectantly toward before they hissed open, and the pair of blondes were ushered inside urgently.

Inside, Loske was delighted to see some of the screens online.

“Admiral Pryce,” Loske greeted, looking beyond him to the collection of activity on the holofeeds. Shadows with lightsabers were cleaving through good folks of The Alliance.

“Where is that," Unfortunate she wasn't so familiar with this ship. "What’s the quickest way there? And how quickly can we get comms online to activate a rebuttal squadron?”

ALLIES|GA|NJO| Romi Jade Romi Jade | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
FOES|SITH| Darth Voyance Darth Voyance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom