Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question DAE hate overcomplicated divs

ayy y'all out here using complicated divs to impress your Internet friends? what's the matter, u insecure about ur writing? c'mon man we're here to tell stories not look at pretty pictures with ugly brightly colored high contrast text on a black background. What is it, 2006 in here? This ain't your myspace page. Don't try to make your words look 3D either by having them be two colors simultaneously, you're gonna give me a migraine. It's bad enough that people color their dialogue to make it stand out. This site is bad for my health

Objective: Shitpost
Tags: Tefka Tefka

5m5qOKV.png

NO

Caedyn Arenais

C
If it's difficult to read, chances are I'll skip it in threads such as Dominions and Invasions. Colourful backgrounds are usually the case here. Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian hit the nail on the head for me with regards to this subject.

In my own opinion, DIVs in general were a bad idea, they take up WAY more space than a normal post does and just....its too much. One of the reasons I still came back to Chaos after years of searching for anything out there was the lack of DIVs.

Depends. Sometimes they go way too far and those are annoying, especially when the text color blurs into the background or the div. Or the ones that have a subtle gradient change as they continue on. A good solid color with a small border? Those are fine. Others tend to cause too much eye strain for me to read, or even scan 99 percent of the time.

When coded correctly they work fine on mobile. Mine for example should be viewable just fine on mobile.

I think that’s the key theme of this thread. They don’t bother most people “when coded correctly” but since we don’t seem to have any type of rules or standards for their creation they don’t always get coded correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom