Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crown of Sorrow | CIS Invasion of UCM-held Tanaab [ OOC ]

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Hey, sorry for the delay in a reply, only got to a PC now. So, the guys sniping will be covered in foilage and further away, but I had teh guys attacking closer range decloak.

Adenn Kyramud said:
At the same time, half of squad 1 decloaked seconds after the shots were fired and opened up with their plasma canons.

Again, sorry for the delay in a response, only got to a PC a few minutes ago. But the ones attacking aren't cloaked, but the ones hidden and not attacking are in the foliage with some cloaked. I'll edit later this evening, since I'll have time then, and state which ones are cloaked and not cloaked. Sorry once again for the confusion, I hope this clears things up. If not, you can contact me over discord, I have easier access to that than Chaos. heh

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] The cloaking you're referring to is visual :) Scherezade isn't seeing them with her eyes except for the de-cloaked ones, she's scenting them through her Blood Hound / Force abilities. I also made sure she's scenting less than there actually are; you put a total of 30 peeps there, she's scenting about two dozen - and with the weapons your dudes are carrying that can be a lethal mistake on her part.

Good thing she had battle buddies :)

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

No need to apologize, it was a simple misunderstanding. However going forth, and let this be known to everyone, that a person/faction is not permitted use or free reign to the Sith Empire's armory and equipment without express permission from a member of the faction staff or the original creator's approval at the very least, regardless if it is an open market submission. This stipulation is null if it says anywhere in the affiliations that another individual/faction is permitted to use said submission. No member in the faction is permitted authority to make the call on whether or not a person/faction can freely use our technology unless it is their own personal factory submissions. Thank you for your understanding in this situation (and inconvenience) and I hope we can avoid this issue in the future.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Kurenai Yumi said:
No reply seemed to come before the strafing started, the experienced fighter standing there with quite the bored attitude as she was grasped into the force bubble, "they should have used proton torpedoes, I'd have done such".

Valdus Bral said:
The pilot of the gunship Valdus was riding in spoke over the craft commlink, "Approaching target." Valdus cut in, " Take us up, we can engage from a distance. I want the ARCs coming in with two proton torpedoes a piece on whatever is left standing." The pilot acknowledge Valdus

Nearly simultaneously the ARC-170r's , controlled by their droid brains, would speed over the F.O.B about one hundred meters above the surface. Each ARC launched two Proton Torpedoes from each of their torpedo tubes totaling sixteen Proton Torpedoes from eight ARC-170r's.

Summary: Valdus and his flight have engaged the dropships that have landed and the infantry at the CIS' proposed FOB location. While the two gunships remain hovering at a distance that is far outside the range of most conventional emplacements or infantry weapons (see submissions), the eight droid controlled ARC-170r heavy fighters strafe the landing zone with medium laser cannon fire as well as a duo of proton torpedoes per fighter, directed at landed ships or large clumps of infantry. Those enemies on the ground are now being assaulted with those multitudes of ordinance and laser cannon fire. Once the bombing run has completed, the ARC-170r's are on their way back towards the Tal'galaar after circling around to do so.

You're entitled to your character purposefully misrepresenting their enemies for whatever reason you give them. However, if this was meant be a factual commentary on the scene, it's not true. Valdus did use proton torpedoes, sixteen of them currently.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

regardless if it is an open market submission.
Just to be clear- if a submission is listed as open market, anyone can use it, even if it appears on the TSE manifest. If someone makes something for TSE and does not want it to be used by ANYONE except TSE, it needs to be listed as Closed Market with an Affiliation of TSE, or just Affiliated to TSE. TSE's manifest does not trump Factory Standard Rules. This is unrelated to the specific instance here, but clarifying this point in general.

Open-Market (May be used by any character without permission from the Manufacturer)

Valdus Bral

[member="Orn Pharr"]

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/146758-crown-of-sorrow-cis-invasion-of-ucm-held-tanaab/?p=1963946

You mention medical frigates being attacked and while I really don't see a reason why easy targets wouldn't attacked in an invasion, my concern is that they materialized in that post when previously I had been attacking emplacements, drop ships, and "large clumps of infantry".

More over I have no way of knowing what these ships are like as I've been deprived of any ability to check submissions. So I have to go off of canon references which say that crews are anywhere from 200 to 300 or more. Frigates are a very large ship when compared to star fighters and most terrestrial vehicles. While the scene is cool, I do not believe that even the most potent force users are able to rescue 200+ crewmen from a frigate while being bombarded in that time span.

This isn't just to you now, this is to everyone I posted:

There's been a lot of use of force powers coupled with either misunderstanding my posts or redirecting my specifically designated targets. I would like everyone that I tagged in my post to re-read it and make sure that their own posts make logical sense and have a realistic reaction. I understand there are several high tier force users supporting a barrier against these weapons, however even force barrier has limitations when it comes to the amount of firepower being laid out over the landing zone. Additionally, while I am open to losing units, a lot of the the posts seem to misunderstand just how fast ARC-170's are, they are canon starfighters with easily supported top speeds which exceed 1000kph in the atmosphere, up to hypersonic speeds when the deflector shields are raised (which they are currently, but due to bombing run there's no realistic way to actually hit anything at hypersonic speed). Assuming that the ARC-170's aren't at 100% throttle, it still makes it unlikely to notice the threat when being sneak attacked, being able to then identify the target, focus the force while explosions are littering the ground, and able to then launch force powers at it all in the 2-3 seconds it takes for something going over 621mph/1000kph to go over something. If you would like to read more about the ARC-170 here's the link: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Aggressive_ReConnaissance-170_starfighter/Legends#cite_note-CCS-0

I wanted to let you all know now my reasoning for why I find some of the attacks on the ARCs unlikely to succeed. Starfighters have several advantages over infantry especially when being surprised. Please reply to this if you have any questions. My intention is not to dictate what your characters can or cannot do, however I am unwilling to sacrifice realism in this manner and if nothing is changed then I am afraid that these attacks on the craft will miss or be heavily mitigated.

Valdus Bral said:
You mention medical frigates being attacked and while I really don't see a reason why easy targets wouldn't attacked in an invasion, my concern is that they materialized in that post when previously I had been attacking emplacements, drop ships, and "large clumps of infantry".

Hi there, we actually arrived on Page 3 of the Invasion. Gianna was just waiting to post to give people time to respond is all.

Orn Pharr said:
The ship rocked from re-entry, the air around it igniting from friction as the ship descended into the atmosphere. Some seemed nervous and cautious, but still the Neti acted as if nothing was out of place. He groaned and rolled his shoulders, the bark of his skin creaking as he shifted what passed for muscles and bones in a Neti. “I believe they intend to land us near the Forward Operating Base, but I feel I cannot stay there.” He mused, looking over the passengers. Once on the ground they would be safe enough, surrounded by their soldiers and armies as they set up a field hospital on the ground to triage wounded from the Confederacy.

But the Force did not call him there, no. It wasn’t his responsibility to help those that were already being helped. “I must go into the city. There are those who need me there who cannot wait. Where will you go when we land, little one?” The ship's landing gears began to creak as they extended, preparing to brace the amalgamation of steel and wires against the surface of the world.

As far as size goes, you're thinking abit too much into it. Frigates can have very small crews, they can have very big crews. The Numbers aren't really important to me, so much as the story that is being told.

Valdus Bral said:
Summary: Valdus and his flight have engaged the dropships that have landed and the infantry at the CIS' proposed FOB location.

We went off this, and the two paragraphs in your post targeting drop ships (Some of which are very large) and rolled with "well, we are there, we just landed." and figured a strafing run should hit us too. Given that medical ships are usually less heavily armored than military ones, we exploded it.

Hopefully this helps clear up some of the haze. I know invasions can be difficult to keep up with all the chaos, but thank you for helping us tell a neat story!

Valdus Bral

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Those are good explanations for what I missed. You're right, the large amount of writers is difficult to keep up with but I'll be more thorough from here on in making sure I'm getting all the information.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

I don't believe they referenced your submission, just giving you a clarification on the Open Market affiliation.

All that aside, there's some solid posts coming down on both sides. I'm looking forward to getting past that shield and getting to the real action. If anyone wants to boogie, give me a holler. My dance card is free.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Hey, [member="Cypher Rage"] , not to be rude but you can't just call damage in an invasion. You can say you're firing, but saying you wipe out a fleet in one shot gives no chance to respond. Also, without a fleet list, I can't accurately react to what's happening. Could you please change your post to not call shots, and add your fleet list to the post.

Dezoti

D
[member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Quick question. Visanj, you mention that Cypher is attacking my fleet but Cypher hasn't actually posted anything like that, to my knowledge. Could we please clear this up?

[member="Mig Gred"] Hey! Thanks for pointing this out. Cypher is fairly new at this. [He's been on the board for a minute, but, PVP and fleeting etiquette is still a WIP]

All the people that can help fix this have signed off for the evening, including Cypher, but I wanted to respond to let you know we did see your issue. You are 100% correct. You should most definitely determine your own damage and know what you're up against. All that being said - Don't let that post hold you up. If you need help getting around it in a way that makes sense please feel free to send me a DM/PM and I'd be happy to help orchestrate something with you.

Thanks for your patience and good lookin out!

[member="Dezoti"]

Hello! I saw your post and just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure my response comes out right. It seems like you might have thought that my fleet jumped out to some nearby place in realspace but they actually jumped back into hyperspace as a retreating maneuver. So, they actually haven't gotten anywhere. They're still in on the way to a rendez-vous point. They're still in hyperspace. Oh! I also wanted to let you know that the Ne’tra’galaar III is cloaked. It should be pretty difficult to find her without the kinds of sensors usually found on a dedicated recon or detection vessel.. There might be other ways, of course, and it's not impossible but I just wanted to offer the info up. The ship is designed to be rather pretty hard to target. Would it be possible for you to elaborate a little bit or can we work on this? I'd like to collaborate if possible to make it fun for both of us. Thank you!

-Vi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom