Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Crossroads
  • Demonym: Crossroadian
  • Region: Outer Rim Territories
  • System Name: Crossroads System
  • System Features: See Crossroads Systemfor System Features
    • Planet-Specific Information:
      • Rotational Period: ~11 Hours
      • Orbital Period: 456 Days
      • Size: Massive
      • Accessibility: Easy to arrive here, although a ship must pass through customs and if it doesn't follow the docking instructions given to it there will be problems with law enforcement.
      • Description: A green giant, with white and lighter green wisps across the ever-tumultuous surface. It has three massive storms on it that have been raging ever since colonists first arrived in the system. From the interior of the planet, in the inhabitable zone where cloud cities and tibanna gas mine platforms and refinery platforms are located, the atmosphere appears similar to the upper atmosphere of Bespin except for at dawn and dusk when it takes on more a turquoise color. It has a remarkably thick layer of tibanna gas, which is mined by a company with a total monopoly on the resource. In orbit the planet as large and spectacular rings of ice and rocks providing a truly awe-inspiring view. It possesses 34 moons, all thirty-four are colonized claimed by the Crossroad Republic.
  • Major Imports: Foodstuffs, Technology, Tibanna Gas refining and gathering equipment, other miscellaneous commericial goods.
  • Major Exports: Tibanna Gas
  • Unexploited Resources:
    • On the Planet: Large amounts of Tibanna Gas, lots of breathable atmosphere and plenty of room to safely place large numbers of sky cities.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: x1.9G
  • Climate: Habitable Zone is temperate all-year around
  • Primary Terrain: Gas Giant, no habitable terrain.
  • Atmosphere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City:
    • Local: Sky City No.1 (Identical in construction to Cloud City)
  • Planetary Features:
    • Large and VERY dangerous atmospheric storms
    • Large tibanna gas reserves
    • Molten core (Unreachable by traditional means)
    • Habitable Zone is very comfortable for most people's preferences.
  • Major Locations:
    • Sky Cities: These numbered cloud cities are built almost identically to Cloud City, with only some changes to the high-rise buildings and some internal components which are somewhat superior due to comprehensive refits to insure their safety. These cities were built in the same time period as Cloud City, and are over a thousand years old but due to the immense wealth of the company that owns and maintains them there are almost no original parts to them except for sections of internal bracing which have been reinforced over the centuries. The major threat to the cities are the Triplet Storms. These storms are so powerful that only star destroyer-sized warships can withstand their violent winds. They're so powerful that they have perpetual weather satellites monitoring them and making sure that they do not come close to the cities or the mines.
    • Tibanna Gas Mines: These tibanna gas mine assemblies are massive, and appear almost like that of a swarm of jellyfish floating amongst the clouds. There are a great many of these, and come complete with the mining platforms themselves, storage platforms, and refineries. There are freighters constantly coming and going bringing in equipment and workers and taking out refined tibanna gas.
POPULATION
  • Native Species: Delfinos (on Delfino/Crossroads-2), Piantans (on Pianta/Crossroads-3)
  • Immigrated Species: Humans, Ugnaughts
  • Population: Moderate
  • Demographics: ~75,000,000 (Almost all of them are workers and the families of tibanna gas miners and live on sky cities, copies of Cloud City on Bespin)
    • 85% Human (Predominantly descended from Hosnian, Corellian, Caridan, and Alderaanian colonists)
    • 10% Ugnaught
    • 5% Others
  • Primary Languages: Basic, Ugnaught
  • Culture: Industrious, independent, strong, and have a unique love of the war games. Most people who live on Crossroads itself work in the tibanna gas industry, so are no-nonsense, and the population is small and rather isolated.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Elected mayors govern the cities with elected city councils serving under the mayors. The mines are run by Crossroads Defense Industries, a government-mandated monopoly over strategic resources. The mayors report to the governor of Crossroads itself who is elected by residents of Crossroads.
  • Affiliation: Crossroads Republic
  • Wealth: High (On Crossroads the tibanna gas mines are run by highly-competent individuals who are paid very handsomely for their competence and results. The larger non-mining-affiliated economy is sustained and grown through trade with neighboring lunar colonies where there are numerous agriculture, ranching, and industries of every type to provide competitive goods and services. This is all kept stabile by strict environmental policies and a lack of large-scale military conflict which can unsettle the economy's growth.)
  • Stability: High: Well-funded and trained professional police forces and a small population makes life in the colony quiet and respectful, with nothing really happening in terms of trouble. Due to the importance and potential risks of floating cities potential threats to the public interest and public safety are dealt with severely.
  • Freedom & Oppression: The Press is kept well in check, external media is kept on a tight leash as far as what their local outlets can say or do. However people are free to come and go as they choose, so long as they pass through fairly standard immigration control checkpoints and provide proof of identity upon their entry/return. But a challenge to the government is dealt with quickly and severely in such a way as to let the challenger know that they are on the losing side of both that fight and of history (Which for many is more of a blow than losing a fight with a police or military raid).
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Crossroads inherits the military might of the Crossroads Republic, the entity which bares its name.
  • Technology: Galactic Standard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Crossroads was first discovered by Corellian explorers contracted by Hosnian Prime mining interests in the days of the Old Republic, at the height of the Galactic Cold War. After finding the unique planet and its group of moons including its two inhabited moons. Hosnian Prime's mining companies sought to undertake the exploitation of these moons and the gas giant in secret, even lying about the discovery for some time. However, Corellian industrialists caught wind of the the discovery themselves and the Hosnian companies tried to sabotage the Corellians and the Corellians did the same right back at them, waging a covert corporate cold war against one another for nearly a century. However, profits and progress were hard to come by, and equipment and ships were regularly stolen or destroyed by the opposing companies, pirates, and later by the Sith Empire prior to its destruction.

Crossroads was such a hub for Hosnian and Corellian industrialists who sought to secretively exploit the untouched tibanna gas reserves of the gas giant, that finally a short corporate shooting war in 220 BBY between several Hosnian and Corellian companies broke out. This time, it couldn't be hidden and their respective homeworlds' governments stepped in and the Jedi Order mediated a compromise. At this point the two inhabited moons Pianta and Delfino were contacted, and the true material wealth of Crossroads and its moons were able to be exploited.

However, the gas giant's moons became the primary focus of attention for new colonists from across the Core who sought to escape the crowds, the war, the pollution, and the corruption. These colonists waged a war from 135 BBY to 124 BBY to win independence from Hosnian Prime, which they did, and a Outer Rim powerhouse was born. This power, the Crossroads Republic has since ruled Crossroads and its moons, defending them from the Tarkins of Eriadu in 35 BBY and again against the Empire in 4 ABY. At Crossroads refugees flowed in from all over the galaxy, and that safety, a good economy, and plenty of room to grow led to a blossoming population far away from the concerns of the Core Worlds where "the action" was. The world is also plenty far away enough to not be construed as a threat due to their entirely defensive military mindset. However, the military of Crossroads has been making more and more noise, its ships pushing northwards, defensively guarding convoys of trade ships going back and forth as a sign of strength and a diplomatic testing of the waters to see what the rest of the galaxy actually thought of the isolated but well-developed military and economic power.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776

Hello again! I'll be handling your primary review. I do like a lot of aspects that you've got going with Crossroads and it's moons in general. However, for this sub, there are a number of edits I'd like to see be made before I pass this down the grape vine:

Links | The Crossroads Prime link leads to Crossroads-4, please edit this to have the correct source. I've provided the correct one here.
Major Exports | Please link both Coaxium & Tibanna Gas here as they'd be uncommon resources, either made from or produced on the planet.
I do have one other request though regarding the Coaxium. Could you please specify that this resource is refined? Raw Coaxium is very explosive, unstable, and highly reactive. It also seems very time sensitive from reading the Wiki page and I think this clarification would serve, essentially, as an insurance policy on your part.
Unexploited Resources | On the moons, you mention that there are "Various metal ores".
While the focus of this submission is on the planet, typically, "various metal ores" is something that we ask for the writer (you) to expand on to give readers a better idea of what could be found. This is especially true because many of the moons don't list/aren't required to list resources. I did notice that one of the moons mentions precious metals like gold, silver, and iron. This list doesn't have to be long or exhaustive. But, a small list of common or uncommon (link uncommon ores/metals please) resources would be helpful.
Planetary Features | You've listed that the planet has a "solid molten core". The wording is a bit confusing because something can't be both solid and liquified/molten at the same time. Would you mind clarifying this for me? Do you mean that it's something similar to Earth in that there's a solid portion of the core and a molten portion of it?
Storms | I wouldn't classify the storms/storm systems themselves as locations. Perhaps, instead, you could mention the weather satellites and how the cities are able to keep the storms away from the cities under the Sky Cities in your Major Locations section.
Force Nexus | As there is not a Force Nexus on Crossroads and it's labeled as Optional under the template, you can remove it entirely.
Population | I believe you could get away with upping this to Moderate.
Culture | I think this could be fleshed out more. What's the typical day look like? Are they religious, spiritual, atheists? Are there any art forms that're popular/emerging, what are some other options for entertainment other than the war games?
Military | While this section is mostly fine, I'd like to point out one thing. "The Crossroads Republic has one of the largest and most powerful fleets and one of the best-trained one on top of it", this is contradictory to The Crossroads Republic's current Minor status as a Faction. Yes, Minors can have large armies and well kept defenses and numerous vessels. However, stating that it has one of the largest and most powerful fleets wouldn't be true because it's centered around a single planet currently, where Major Factions hold dominion over several planets. You can absolutely still hype the military ability up, but I believe a change in wording is needed here
History | Per the template, "How was the planet discovered? How was the planet settled? When was it settled?". How did Hosnians and Correllians, who come for the Core of the Galaxy, discover Crossroads way out in the Outer Rim? When was Crossroads first discovered? How did they come to know of it's existence if it's meant to be kept secret/kept away from the Core?

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
Ylla Caeli'runa Can I request this to be placed in Pre-Codex? I am still concerned that if this planet, if edited to be part of a submitted system of my own making, can be added to the Chaos map.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776

Planets can be added to the map, Systems cannot be added.
If you'd like to add Crossroads to the map after it has been approved, you can do so via the Map Update Thread.

Would you like to complete the edits or would you still like me to move this to the Pre-Codex area with this new information?

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776 Crossroads, the planet, can be added to the map.

If you listed the System as the Crossroads System, it could be approved.

If Crossroads was approved now, before the shutdown, and you subbed the system when we come back from the shutdown in second week of January, you could request a modification to change the system through the Submissions Modifications Thread and have it re-approved.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
Ylla Caeli'runa So if I continue here, I can edit the system name from Terminus to the soon-to-be-subbed (hopefully) Crossroads, have it approved, and added to the map and then go through the much more time-consuming System submission (Which is a separates process I have PMed you about) and link this planet as part of it, and re-request approval for the planet and its placement in the Chaos Map? Am I understanding that correctly?

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776
Yes, but the second time, you would not need to request for it to be re-added onto the map. Once Planets are on the map, they cannot be removed or moved to a different location.

And, once again, as I've just stated in the PM and would like to remind you of here, all commentary in regards to a submission must be kept on the sub itself for record keeping.

Would you like to complete the edits or would you still like me to move this to the Pre-Codex area?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776

Thank you for making those edits. However, I noticed that some of the points were not addressed/changed. I've listed these points below:

Major Exports | Please specify that Coaxium is refined.
Force Nexus Section | This section can be deleted as all of the fields are marked as N/A. The Force Nexus is an optional feature to the planet and can be excluded if the planet does not feature a Nexus.
Culture | As I stated in the previous edit request, I think this could be fleshed out more. What's the typical day look like? Are they religious, spiritual, atheists? Are there any art forms that're popular/emerging, what are some other options for entertainment other than the war games? Those are some questions to think about and some of the possible points that you could use to expand the culture of Crossroads.
Military | This part is still contradictory to The Crossroads Republic's current Minor status as a Faction. Currently, The First Order is located in the southern Outer Rim, to the east of Crossroads. Perhaps something like "The Crossroads Republic has one of the largest and most powerful fleets for a singular planet in the far Southern Outer Rim." to make it accurate and avoid any unnecessary trouble/confusion with neighboring Major Factions.

Submission Name: Crossroads Republic Fleet
Link to Submission: Approved Lore Crossroads Republic Fleet | Star Wars RP
Reason for Moving to Pre-Codex: Need to update with the new generation of warships and to add a training regimen and rank structure for its personnel.

Submission Name: Crossroads
Submission Link: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/crossroads.146024/
Reason for Moving to Pre-Codex: I wish to re-list it as an official planet of the Crossroads System.
Please include a list of changes and tag a member of Codex Staff when ready.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
Edits:
  • Changed “Location” description to specify a new hex location.
  • Changed “System” to specify the new placement as the Crossroads System
  • Changed “System Features” to specify a link reference to the Crossroads System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom