Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerning Masks of Madness Event Rewards

Circe Savan said:
I do. :D

Anyways, didn't someone involved with running this event already say there were gonna be rewards? If so, isn't it a bit misleading to state there were gonna be rewards, only for people to find out that there actually won't be?

I've had Staff specifically leak false information to just you for the last month or so just to see your reaction when I posted this thread.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Spencer Jacobs said:
@[member="Circe Savan"] - I don't know why you're waiting for an answer when this is quite clear. No reason to keep pressing the matter.
I'm merely wondering why Tef said one thing, then said another that was completely the opposite of the first... It doesn't seem right. I dunno.

Politics. It's a thing. Promise something, never deliver. It doesn't mean the anyone should be held accountable for said promise. Why? 'cos those are the rules of politics. So leave @[member="Akala"] alone. He's so avatar pretty these days, that should be enough to inspire us. :p

In Umbris Potestas Est
But politics aren't how this site works... We're all here as a community, not a people led by a political system. We RP because we enjoy it, not because we do it for faction politics. And since this isn't politics, shouldn't we at least know why Tef chose to change his mind?

Yet another reason to get rid of space battles, and thus fancy ships and things.

Personally, I would have liked even a small little trinket for even being involved in the event in some way. Doesn't have to be epic artefacts or massive ships. Otherwise, I'm basically leaving an event thread the same way I would leave any other public thread: with a little bit of story to add.

Though I remember hearing the event wouldn't have any effect on the current timelines plot.

Then again, at this rate, who knows and who cares. XD

@[member="Circe Savan"]
Well, I could list off reasons such as
  • The massive uptake of participation would necessitate dozens of (therefore) watered down rewards.
  • Tef's first post which explains his philosophy.
  • The fact that previous events Tef has personally run haven't had rewards.
  • The fact that one thread is non-combat so far, another is a very strange mind bender, and the last is a vision of the future.

But basically, these are my reasons, and to be honest, Tef is free to change his mind whenever he wishes. Continuing to poke and prod will not get what you desire, it will only increasingly irritate others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom