Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerning Masks of Madness Event Rewards

There won't be any.

The precedent for rewards wasn't set by me - and it was done so to provide incentives for people to role-play. Which I've never truly understood. People come here to role-play - I don't need incentives to do it. And I'd rather not pander to the crowd that requires incentives or demands justification for participating in our events.

We run these events for fun, and I feel like people who jump in role-plays for rewards turn the whole thing into a competition when really, it's meant to be a collaborative effort. I get that rewards can provide a nice spin on things or can make one feel more accomplished, but the competitive edge in this community tends to drown out the positive aspects of providing rewards.

So I've decided that, for Masks of Madness, there will be no rewards.

I hope those involved in the event are starting to enjoy it a bit more, even though I'm sure that shroud of confusion is still there. Remember, guys, this is the timeline:

Acts 1-3 Close: Monday, April 14th

Act 4 Starts: Thursday Night, April 17th.

Act 4 Closes: Sunday, May 4th.

Happy role-playing!

@[member="Ayden Cater"]

Hate you.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"]
Hey babeh!
darkticicopy.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
Spencer Jacobs said:
@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] - no one loves you.
I do. :D

Anyways, didn't someone involved with running this event already say there were gonna be rewards? If so, isn't it a bit misleading to state there were gonna be rewards, only for people to find out that there actually won't be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom