Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerning Masks of Madness Event Rewards

tumblr_ltvvtpeAYx1qjokxe.gif

Circe Savan said:
...I was gonna say something witty in response to that, @[member="Tamara"], but /me is gonna wait to see what Tef says. >_>
This thread is the definitive resource on my answer to "will there be rewards." Do not continue to drag this on.

I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.

A reward is not a reward if you demand it or expect it. Everything has a reason. Try not to worry about the things that don't matter, and worry about the things that do.

Like surviving the Masks of Madness.

Talon Vosra

T
Akala said:
This thread is the definitive resource on my answer to "will there be rewards." Do not continue to drag this on.
I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.
^
@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Kära Vi'dreya said:
^

Survive it and come out of it with a story like no other. Where else on the board can you delve into this sort of thing?
Literally every other RP thread on this board can do that. Running an event like this isn't the most impressive thing I've seen. Pride's supposed to be pretty bad, from what I've heard....

Also? Tact and manners are usually pretty good. I've seen none of those. @Circe pointed out that it was stated rewards would be handed out. The responses to that, as well as anything other than "Oh wow great job totes m'goats" have been little more than belligerence, dismissal, or threats. I couldn't give two tugs of a dead dog's... Well, you get the picture. I just like it when the higher ups of things I'm interested in treat the people that form the core of their site with a little more decency and respect. "Hey, guys, I know we said this earlier, but we've decided that it's not the best direction to go in this circumstance. Sorry for the sudden change folks." or something, y'know? Write like you care about the people who disapprove of going back on your word.

They're also played voluntarily. It's hard to run something without volunteers. While I don't mind the decisions or circumstances around them, I don't much care for the attitude in which they were announced, as well as the response to dissent. You actually quoted me as commenting on manners and tact, not disagreeing with your decisions.

One person dissented, a person that's known to dissent for the sake of dissension. Disagreeing with my tact in dealing with that particular person is fair - Staff usually resorts to PMing instead of public shaming, as that can get out of hand.

I just get tired of people who consistently dissent for the sake of attention, without any real reason prompting the dissent. If you disapprove, that's within your right. If you wish to provide a critique of Staff and continue your disagreement of Staff or I's methods, you can provide such a response here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/23164-april-2014-staff-critique-thread/

I do ask that we not continue such a debate here in this thread, as it'll go in circles and eat up space better used for constructive conversation regarding the announcement - and not the behavior of Staff members, e.g. Myself.

@[member="Janus Rogo"]
I think you misunderstood me there; what I mean is where else can you go into Wonderland and time travel to the future and -- you get the point. I meant the content of the event o____o;

Matreya

Edit: MY APOLOGIES I DIDNT SEE THAT THERE WERE SO MANY POSTS ABOUT IT.

In regards to this, as well as the @[member="Circe Savan"] @tamara/@spencer jacobs conversation. I feel let down that we were specifically told one thing, something probably stated not as an oops i forgot i said that, rather as a way for the player to show incentive. Thus to have the dangled twinkie on a rope yanked back. It seems rather redundant/crude to tell someone something to get them up and going, then simply remove it all together with no explanation.

For example, before Zaiden passed i planned to have him be my main plot maker for the event, with Daemos and Hood both earning their keep as a sideline. Now, if i had known that this would be the case, i wouldnt likely have added either of the alts. Not because oh my characters arent being rewarded, but because the initial reason for them playing was the rewards.

Some people dont have the time to truly push something great out each time, but then they hear of the rewards, and suddenly the idea of recognition among the other perks - possibly getting that step ahead of a rival etc - makes them make time. But then im left like wow. Thanks guys for the lies to begin with. Didnt have to waste time, i could have been making money or taking my girlfriend out etc.

Along this is, no im not angry. This is simply my two cents. I don't like being lured in with the idea to have it taken, but i still love the event from what i have been a part of.

Lord Daemos said:
But then im left like wow. Thanks guys for the lies to begin with. Didnt have to waste time, i could have been making money or taking my girlfriend out etc.
...I might catch some flak from the community for another "attitude-filled" response, but if you're ditching your girlfriend or the possibility of making more money for what are ultimately meaningless rewards in a fictional roleplay, your priorities are pretty messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom