Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Codex Second Chance

wVvoJkT.png
At any point during the approval process, you may apply for a Second Chance.

• If your submission has been Denied and you feel it has been done so unfairly or incorrectly you may request a second chance on the submission in question by posting a link to the denied submission and your case for why it should be looked into again. Submissions pulled for Second Chance will be given a new Judge, RPJ, or Admin.
  • You may not request a specific individual.
  • At any time during an Active Judgment, a submitter may request a second chance for a different judge if they feel they have reasonable evidence of bias, confusion, or unfair judgment. Simply post it on the submission in question. The item will be archived and the submitter will need to post the actual "Second Chance Request" in this thread.
  • Please Note: Submissions that are denied on Second Chance are final denials and may not be submitted again.

Reminder - Second Chance Request Must Include:
Link to Thread In Question:​
Reason for the 2nd Chance:​

Link to Thread In Question: Screaming Killer Potatoes
Reason for the 2nd Chance: The concept idea of killer screaming potatoes doesn't come out of Star Wars, that is true, neither do quite a lot of things that have not only been let through, but have become an integral part of this board and its members. These potatoes are more modest than that, but I still believe they deserve a better chance than being outright denied without a chance to make adjustments. The submission was denied out right for being too outside of the box, and I would like to ask for the chance to sit with an RPJ or Admin to work on bringing it sufficiently closer to the box.

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

I've been asked to handle this second chance review. Having read through the submission now and thought about it I'm going to have to deny this second chance appeal.

While it is true that writers are given a lot of room to stretch their imagination, as you are aware, the codex rules state that all submissions must at least conform to the idea of star wars. As you are also aware, the Codex does not work on precedent.

In regards to this specific submission, while I understand it is meant to be a light-hearted submission it very much does not conform to the idea of star wars. I appreciate the out of the box thinking involved in this creation, but to these potatoes turn from a plant into an animal through scientific experimentation is simply not within the realm of the possible. The star wars galaxy is a big place, with an amazing amount of variance, but this is something that would be better suited to a fantasy board than a star wars one.

Last edited:
Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

The best place to ask these questions would be the Codex Q&A, not the second chance thread. If you tag The Codex Admin there she'll be able to help you with your questions.

However, you should be aware that the codex rules state; "Submissions that are denied on Second Chance are final denials and may not be submitted again." So it would have to be a whole new submission, with a new idea.

Freya Drage

F
Lupo

I'd like to have this sub moved back into pre-codex. I wasn't able to finish the sub before, and requested it to be archived, but I am ready to do so, now.

Link to Thread In Question: LaSal Intergalactic Starport
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Was archived due to inactivity, would like the opportunity to finish it up.

Link to Thread In Question: Founder's Plaza
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Was archived due to inactivity, would like the opportunity to finish it up.

Link to Thread In Question: Fondor

Uriel Kahn

U
Link to Thread In Question: Under Moon
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Denied due to ban, was told I could request it to be given a Second Chance when I was allowed back.

BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776

As the temporary ban was lifted on 2/19/2021 I have returned the requested submissions to the correct area so that judging may commence. I would advise that you adhere to the feedback that we've provided in the past and endeavor to avoid the same mistakes in the future. Each infraction within the Codex or Factory that is severe enough to result in a temporary ban runs the risk of increasing the length of time the creative forums will be unavailable to you. If you have questions or concerns on the process going forward you are welcome to send us a Board PM or utilize the Q & A section within the respective Codex or Factory Forums.

Regards, Srina Talon.

Final Dawn Central Command
Link to Thread In Question: Here
Reason for the 2nd Chance: Never got the chance to actually get the submission judged and would like to make use of it instead of simply creating a new submission

Reason for the 2nd Chance: Never got the chance to actually get the submission judged and would like to make use of it instead of simply creating a new submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom