OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a missile platform walker that can support others and fend for itself.
- Image Source: Sarna.net
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: Locke and Key Mechanics, Breshig War Forge Consolidated
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Court of Blades Company
- Affiliation: Court of Blades
- Market Status: Closed Market
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: Missiles can be interchanged with other products.
- Production: Limited
- Classification: Bipedal Walker
- Role: Strike and Missile Walker
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Armaments: High
10x M-G-2 General Purpose Warhead Launchers (200 Missiles Total)
Can Load the Following:
Advanced Cluster Missiles
Advanced Concussion Missiles
AA4 Light Anti-Armor Missiles
2x Blaster Cannons
2x Light Blaster Repeaters
- Defenses: Average
Missile Deactivation Transmitter
PDS 63 Soteria-class Active Protection System (Front Only)
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Average
- Propulsion: Bipedal
- Minimum Crew: 1
- Optimal Crew: 2 (1 Pilot, 1 Sensor Operator (Top Dome))
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: High
Repair Parts, Rations, Missiles
- Deadfire or Guided?: The Packrat has the option to turn off the guidance system on its missiles, making it to where normal missile deactivator transmitters almost non-functional and only work on impact.
- Variety is Great: It has more options in missile selection than other walkers and therefore a rather dangerous prospect to deal with.
- Legs Are Part of Weapons Systems!: The unique design meant that the joints connected to the main missile systems, meaning if hit wrong there can be a cascading explosion or even making the entire walker inoperable.
- Look at the Giant Dome!: On top is a very obvious canopy for the sensor operation for a separate person...if destroyed, it messes up greatly the guidance system on the Packrat for its missiles.
The Trackrat was designed originally for light classification but after several revisions, it turned out to be much heavier than expected for its job and quickly was turned into medium classification. The intent was to create a missile armored walker that can take more advanced munitions out onto the battlefield and use them effectively. The problem however was creating enough storage to effectively use its ammunition in sparing amount which was not successful and resulted in cost cutting measures that essentially made it into a medium classification, most notably turning down speed and maneuverability to average levels instead of prioritization.
One of the more unique functions is a special dome like structure overhead, designed to keep a sensor operator above to call out nearby targets and positions with his own targeting computer. While the pilot has firing control, the sensor operator can choose targets for the pilot to fire against, saving time from looking and acquiring the target long term. However it is to be noted that it can be destroyed and once done so, it can wreck havoc on the guidance system and effectively lock it into Deadfire mode only.