OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a long range strike walker that borders also on frontal assault. Also I wanted a minigun on one and found it.
- Image Source: Sarna.net
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: Locke and Key Mechanics, Breshig War Forge Consolidated
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Court of Blades Company
- Affiliation: Court of Blades
- Market Status: Closed Market
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: Missiles can be interchanged with other products. Cargo Bay can also be modified to move heavier equipment around, personal, ect.
- Production: Limited
- Classification: Bipedal Walker
- Role: Frontal Assault
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Armaments: Very High
15x M-G-2 General Purpose Warhead Launchers (225 Missiles Total)
Can Load the Following:
Advanced Cluster Missiles
Advanced Concussion Missiles
AA4 Light Anti-Armor Missiles
4x Breshig War Forge Consolidated HRR-02 Heavy Repeating Ripper
- Defenses: Average
Missile Deactivation Transmitter
PDS 63 Soteria-class Active Protection System (Front Only)
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Low
- Propulsion: Bipedal
- Minimum Crew: 1
- Optimal Crew: 1
- Passenger Capacity: 0
- Cargo Capacity: High
Repair Parts, Rations, Ammunition, Missiles
- Out of My Way!: It possesses a large amount of firepower to shoot from afar and up close. Essentially the longer the Therato fires the four abjointed Heavy Repeating Rippers, the worse it gets for the enemy.
- Very Spacious Room: The cargo area can be substituted from missiles for a makeshift personal bay if required which in addition, can be easily modified at a whim.
- Exposed Ammo Feed: If the shields get down, the ammo feed that is external is exposed. If shot, it may produce a cascading explosion, crippling the Therato completely.
- Ammunition Dependent: Everyone runs on ammo, missiles to shells. Once they are out, the Therato becomes useless in combat and has to return home.
Therato was designed for the unusual need of long range support as well as a more easier armored walker for newer pilots to break into. The Therato comes equipped with four Heavy Repeating Rippers, abjointed together as if it was a larger weapons platform. Due to this, the entire ammunition feed to go along with it was on the outside, making it a very dangerous target but in return, the four Heavy Repeating Rippers do not overheat unless on a desert planet or of extreme high temperatures. The missile systems integrated was much easier than the other side, implementing a feed system that was already been in use for centuries.
The key goal when having new pilots operate the Therato was to simply, let them take their time. Generally new pilots will turn to quickly and in turn, fall the Armored Walker over to where it becomes difficult to get back up. To prevent this, the speed was reduced on purpose as well as the weight increased to ensure it happens the minimal amount as possible. Another key note is that the cargo area can be used for a wide variety of roles which, while being mainly in use for ammunition and missiles, it can be converted with less to carry important personal as well as sensitive equipment to get across the battlefield. Regardless, it is being mainly used at the training academy along with others but it can be fielded with some degree of success.