Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cake by the Ocean (The Coalition Dominion of Arkas)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
5/20
[member="Rasu Gan"]

Matsu continued to work on the device... well stinger. She couldn't think of a better word fr it as the tip was made to prick and create pinpoint precision in an area. So she could do a lot with it while moving forward a few of the ideas. Her connection to the ancient fell star through her friend, touching the heart of the universe and seeing the eye of the sun well had taught her how to channel and generate large amounts of force energy into the objects along with some of the other skills. So she focused on it to let the force harden the malleable aurodium when she came upon a green woman on the sands of the beach while the jedi master raised an eyebrow moving over near her and sitting down but staying out of the sunlight and announcing herself in the force so she wouldn't get startled. "Afternoon Rasu."

(5)

The pirate base had all but fallen. Scattered pockets of resistance remained, but by and large the base was theirs. Now it was a question of mopping up and getting the freed slaves some place where they could receive medical attention. "Enyala, status report!" Kaida barked into the comm. By now she had left the slave pens and reached the upper levels of the cavernous base.

"Seraph, we've taken the lower levels. No surviving corsairs. Their leader is unaccounted for."

"Locate and terminate him." Presumably by the time the Eldorai soldiers reached the com room, the fiendish Trandoshan would've already been killed by Krest, but then they could help get the slaves to safety. Wiping out what meagre resistance remained, the Eldorai soldiers stormed towards the hangar. A massive durasteel door barred entrance to the hangar. Not in the mood to play around Kaida made a gesture and a demolitions expert laid explosive charges, then hastened to cover.

Boom. The door was blasted to smithereens in a nice explosion, revealing that two transport ships were already shooting through the sky! Some slavers had been canny enough to choose flight rather than stay and fight to the death. Eldorai troopers sought cover or drew on their powers to shield themselves. "Man the AA guns!" she shouted at soldiers, having thrown up a protection bubble to shield some comrades. "Artemisia One, enemy transports coming your way. Shoot them down."

"Our sensors have picked them up, moving to intercept." As soldiers hastened to the anti-air turrets of the base, Eldorai fighters could be seen sweeping down to intercept. "Ma'am. One of the pirate ships is hailing us. They say they have slaves aboard. Confirm order?"

For just a very brief interval, time seemed to slow, or at least that was Kaida's perception of things. In a perfect world there would be perfect solutions that enabled everyone who was innocent to live. This was no perfect world. Assuming the corsairs were telling the truth, but it seemed like them to try and abscond with their merchandise and use them as a human shield. Too many unknowns. "Fire," she said quietly.

"Seraph?"

"I said fire!"

"Acknowledged, Seraph."

Then it all happened very fast as events took place in a blur. Adril-class starfighters swept towards the transports like hawks falling upon their prey. Beams of red laser fire lanced out of their cannons, while from the ground the flak unleashed red-hot kill bolts. Two transport ships were blasted out of the sky. Kaida stood there and watched the scene, feeling numb and sick to the core. Little of that showed outside. "Send a team with medics to the crash site and check for survivors," she spoke mechanically, while brilliant fireballs erupted.

Objective: C​
~

The vessel continued to sail serenely over the waves, gently rising and falling; it almost put Talik to sleep. Suddenly, there were shouts and shots being fired at Nalan’s ship. “It looks like I am going to need your help Padawan!” she said loudly, as another sailing ship closed in and began firing off more rounds.

“Seems my rivals want to have a second round after I’d beat them in a sailing competition some months ago...” Talik was in awe as the second ship began gaining speed and it looked as if the two would collide and would sink down to the bottom of the sea. But they wouldn’t if Nalan had anything to do with it.

“Now have you operated any kind of weapon before?” Nalan shouted over the deafening noise of the cannons, trying to keep the vessel from keeling over.

“I haven’t even used a lightsaber!!” Talik shouted in reply. Nalan left the wheel and uncovered what looked to be like a bow mounted onto a swivel mount; it could swing through 360 degrees and had heavy arrows ready to be used.

“Talik, I want you to use the bow to drive them off, or failing that, sink the ship for me. Can you do that?” the young Twi’lek nodded and took up position.

Talik sighted the bow and fired her first arrow at the rear of the enemy ship. It left the bow and sailed across the water and went straight through the wooden sides. She reloaded another arrow and aimed just above the cannon crew, as to keep them from loading their own weapon and stop the ship from sinking.

It worked, and the crew hid in fear. She’d fired several more arrows, and then eventually, the crew went down into the lower deck. Nalan grabbed her sniper rifle from the cabin and then loaded it, before looking at the enemy captain.

She fired off a round and it tore the sleeve of his shirt; he’d looked at her in shock. Loading another round into the breech, she aimed and fired - the bullet tore through the other sleeve on his shirt. His eyes went wide and the vessel veered away from them and head back, at speed, towards their homeport.

“Well done Padawan!!” Nalan said, slapping the trainee Jedi on the back. The pair could now continue their journey to the abandoned island enemy free.

Audren didn't know if it was the Sith's or his efforts that did the trick. Maybe both, maybe neither. Didn't matter, the coughing and gasping for air were indications that the girl lived. As a result he let up with the Force and refocused on her. Despite the sunlight, she shivered. It would be better for her to stand, or at least to sit up. That way she'd not be in the middle of cold and wet sand, she'd have more airflow and sun exposure.

When the other man stood, Audren thought the two had been thinking along similar lines. Rather than helping Valae up however, he merely gathered items closer to himself. With his voice raised, he asked the Sephi if he had any towels. An arched eyebrow was the immediate reply...given the fact he just had his board shorts, it was fairly obvious that he didn't have any towels with him. Besides the point, they were only two or three blade-lengths away. He didn't need to shout.

"Didn't think I would need any today."

He hadn't been planning on going into the water, and the sun was bright enough to dry him quickly even if he had. Mirroring the other man, the Knight stood up. However, he stepped closer to Valae and stretched out his hand to the girl. He'd help support her if she needed it.

"Out of the cold water, into the warm air."

Dezoti

D
[6/20]
B

Krest sat on the ground, simply facing the dead Trandoshan that had caused the pain of so many people. He was easier to kill than the Zabrak had expected. With his deactivated lightsaber just behind the big lizard, a quick flick of the wrist sent the blade through his back, severing his spine and causing him to drop. The slaver was still alive of course, broken, but alive. So Krest had fixed that with a quick slice of that same green saber after it had returned to his hands. With both the head and the body of this corpse fallen to the ground, the Templar simply didn't feel like standing anymore.

Zuccofa had been a loyal friend, despite their brief interactions. Despite all the torment and abuse he had received, he stayed and fought like a true soldier. Maybe the man actually was at one point, but he couldn't be asked now. [member="Kaida Taldir"] 's troops would find the Zabrak sitting there in his attempts to calm himself, and with a cheeky grin he would call out to the group. His humor was his shield after all.

"Took you guys long enough, eh?"

Objective D
Allies : The Sanctum, Valae Kitrahttp://starwarsrp.net/user/10090-valae-kitra/ , Audren Sykeshttp://starwarsrp.net/user/8629-audren-sykes/
Enemies: Audren's sass
6/20

Was under the impression you were out a bit further. Oops

With nothing to dry himself and a desire to keep his robes dry, Krux stood back a bit as Audren offered to help Valae up. It was bad enough he felt self-conscious about his face being shown around him, but he was also shirtless, and the modest side of him was hurting. He paced around nearby, as if waiting for the sun to dry him off since he had nothing else. He brushed his hands through his short hair to get some of the water out, basking in the sun and feeling water drip off of him.

He turned his back to the two of them, scars from burns on his back from intense amounts of Force Lightning showing in the sunlight, listening curiously to what Audren might say to her. Was he still convinced he was no good? Would he try to tell Valae about what he used to be? Would she care?

Objective: D
Allies: [member="Krux Mullarus"], [member="Audren Sykes"]

Valae took hold of the hand offered by Audren, and slowly got to her feet. She was ever so glad to feel the warmth of the breeze, and she took a few unsteady steps, accepting the Sephi’s assistance. Even now, she could feel the tension between Audren and Krux, but for the moment she was most concerned with getting warmed up. Her dark eyes scanned the dunes; she had left her belongings near the line of sea grass. She spotted her rucksack and brightly colored beach towel up the beach, and motioned to Audren that she needed help getting there. While walking was easier with each step, she couldn’t help but shake, still feeling the chill of the ocean upon her.

When they reached her belongings, she quickly pulled on her robes and wrapped them around her. It was also nice to cover up again, especially in the presence of her fellow Jedi. Valae lowered herself down onto her towel and continued to catch her breath. While she was still very shaken by her brush with death, she was feeling calmer now. She watched Krux, now standing in the distance, and it was easy to see that he was uncomfortable. Her gaze took in his scars, and she could see why he had chosen to wear a mask, but it really wasn’t that shocking to her… especially now, after he had saved her. She motioned for him to join them.

Valae reached into her bag and pulled out three small snack bags, offering one to each man. If there was a great equalizer, it was always food. And was there a better way to say ‘thanks for saving my life’, than with bags of crisps? Her experience today had shown her that life was fragile and could be taken from you quickly, and she didn’t want give in to the awkwardness between the three of them.

“Have a seat. Have a snack.” It was less a request and more of a demand, but it still came in her light tone of voice. First day at the beach – check, go for a swim – check, lifelong fear of the ocean –check. Though, she hoped that her day at the beach could be salvaged, there was still time left to turn things around.

Objective: Build my surf board.

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

(6)

"Nice to meet you too Makai", Theo gave the boy a smile and all of a sudden Theo felt a sense of protection for the younger boy. "Naw I don't have a ship, not yet anyway. The Rangers will come and get me when I call them later".

He walked Makai back to the surf shack and plonked down on the sand under the shelter, "Come in! ..". Theo looked around at his handy work, "You *crack* like it?", he asked while diving into his bag for something for Makai to eat. "I've got some sand*crack*wiches, some cake, fruit and candy", he placed them all the sand in order and for him to choose, "Some ..*crack* more candy". Oh this voice cracking thing was annoying.

Theo looked over to Makai's board, studying the curves and shape and thickness, "Yes I think we can use your board's design, good idea!". The voice cracking was starting to lessen a little and the baritone coming through. Boy are the family going to be surprised when they see him next. Although father might not want to see Theo, cause Theo now has a lot of questions for him.

"After you eat, we can go find a piece of wood for my *crack* board .. well after I try yours firstly". he smile again. "Sorry to ask, but .. you have scales? I noticed you might be aqu*crack*atic, but I have not seen anyone like you before".

[member="Krest"]
(6)

The two Eldorai soldiers who ran into Krest exchanged slightly bemused looks before one of them answered. "We were busy wiping out an army," one of them snarked. For a change, this was actually a male soldier. Over the years the Eldorai had become slightly more progressive regarding gender roles and so all combat positions had been opened up for men, except armour and the Angelii. In any case, the trooper commed his superior. "Lady Seraph, the pirate leader is dead. A Zabrak male killed him."

This saved the Eldorai the trouble. "Good. Give our ally medical attention if he needs it," Kaida responded flatly over the comm, then cut the connection and instead made a call she really didn't feel like making as she made her way down.

The two ships were smouldering wrecks. Eldorai troopers were helping out survivors, though there weren't many. By now it had been confirmed that there had been slaves, in addition to corsair scum, aboard. A few of them were still alive. Some spat or tried to hit the Eldorai troopers trying to get them out. Kaida sighed, then her face turned impassive when the call connected and a miniaturised, holographic image of Lady Tarissa Cadalthor manifested.

"Status report, Seraph. Has the base fallen?" Neither woman liked the other at all, but Tarissa was a peer, so Kaida had to defer to her. This meant she had to try and be respectful.

"Yes, Lady. All resistance has been broken."

"Good. My compliments to the troops. Hellfire awaits the slaver scum. With them eradicated, Arkas will be secured soon. It is vital to the interests of our people."

As if I don't know that, queen, Kaida thought. The woman's speechifying always pissed her off. However, she held her tongue. "Yes, Lady. There was collateral damage among the slaves."

"I see. That is unfortunate, but war is hell. Their souls will be in a better place at Her side."

There is no goddess. Tarissa's platitudes did nothing for Kaida. However, she swallowed doubts. Guilt was a selfish information. There was no doubt, only duty. So the soldier maintained her composure. "Yes. We liberated a large batch of slaves. They'll be taken to Freetown. I'll leave a garrison behind to secure the island. It'll be our new base."

"I expect a full report, Seraph. I shall pass on word to Firemane. Colonisation of the planet will begin soon. Glory to the Eldorai."

Conversation was over and Kaida switched off the comm. Stepping out of the pirate base into the light of the day, she beheld dead bodies strewn across the beach, along with wrecks of ships in the ocean. Liberated slaves were being guided towards the transports, which would take them to Freetown. Not a single pirate had survived the onslaught. Rather than be exultant the Seraph just felt tired and drained. She occupied her mind with helping some wounded get to the ships. The fight was over, now only the cleanup was left. Taking off her helmet, she let the wind and rays of the sun kiss her skin, and wiped some sweat from her brow.

Fin for Kaida.

(3/20)
Objective: Karkin up some slavers
Allies: [member=Cathbodua]

A low, pained groan would be heard from the stirring mass of cloth. Several of the slavers maintained their attention on the Jedi Knight , a few started to approach the moving mass, preparing to subdue and capture the padawan. Jedi fetched a pretty penny from the right buyers. A pulse radiated from the padawan as his gloved fist pounded upon the earth, causing the slavers to stumble back from the subtle push, and from the fear the action inspired.

"That.... fething.... hurt...." He'd growl, rising unsteadily to his feet. Turning to face the slavers, his ears folded back against his scalp, his left eye closed from a combination of the swelling from the mask shattering, and the blood from the superficial trauma above his eye. The slicked fur had some dirt stuck to it.

Glaring with one molten golden eye, his hands would suddenly be thrust forwards in the direction of the slavers. "You fools, with your guns.... You need to stop playing before someone gets hurt!!!" He'd yell, a snarl evident in his voice. A sudden wrenching motion would be given, as the invisible tethers of the Force he had established moments before to their weapons would grow taunt, jerking the weapons free of their wielders hands. The collection, some dozen plus blaster pistols and rifles, clattered at the padawans feet. A flick of his wrist called his saber back to his hand, as the other hand retrieved the second saber from his hip.

Igniting both blades, his one-eyed glare narrowed dangerously. The slavers, now unarmed, faced two armed Jedi. "I strongly recommend submission.... Now.... Before this gets even worse for you...." He'd let his Master take the lead from here, as the padawan was mostly bluffing at this point. His stamina was greatly depleted by the impressive disarming effect he evoked. That, coupled with the head-wound.... Should Cathbodua not resolve the situation and confine the slavers in the next few minutes, she would find herself addressing the situation alone. Consciousness was not long for Ryn'Dhal.

Objective D
Allies : The Sanctum, [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Audren Sykes"]
7/20

Krux turned around when Valae spoke once again. She still sounded a bit shaken, but the fact she was talking was good. He glanced at Audren briefly before making his way over to where they sat and sat down, accepting one of the bags offered to him. The whole time he tried to eat, he kept his head down and only briefly glanced up with his eyes. He became self-conscious about every scar on his body and face, as if he expected somebody to bring them up.

Waiting for somebody to say something was proving futile. The silence was too much. Krux thought of something to ask. "You don't know how to swim, Valae?" he didn't know of her wherabouts from the backwater world of Tatooine, which would partly explain why she couldn't swim. There wasn't enough moisture on that entire planet to have a glass of water with.

Objective : Eat!
[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

It wasn't a long walk to the hut that Theo had built. It looked very similar to the shelters he and his father built while camping on Arda where they maintained a small campsite in agreement with the locals. Makai loved to visit as it was nothing but untouched islands and oceans, like a little paradise.

"Sweet! You built this by yourself?!"

Entering the shelter, Makai placed his board against a makeshift wall. Theo had quite a spread of food and had a high amount of candy. He supposed staying by yourself had some perks, including eating what one wished. Snagging a piece of fruit, Makai sat on the sandy floor.

"Thanks."

Makai sat cross-legged on the floor, juice from the fruit running down his chin as he listened about finding a piece of wood. He wasn't sure if the jungle had one big enough but maybe Theo had some type of bonding glue they could do strips with.

Part of him expected the scale question. It was his opening to ask about the older boys voice however.

"I have scales, not as much as my Mama though....my patches aren't as big either...." He swallowed another bit of fruit. " I have gills too but only when I go into the water....My Dad is human. Thats why you haven't seen any like me before."

Makai was certain there were other half-Galan , half-Humans out there. Not that he had seen any but it was possible. Many Galans had been pressed into slavery, including his mothers side of the family. Maybe he hadn't seen many because they were all hidden away, owned by others?

"You aren't human either? Your voice....its breaking up. Like you don't speak Basic. If you don't wanna speak Basic thats fine....I just won't understand."

6/20
[member="Ryn'Dhal"]
Go After Slavers

She kept moving and looking at the ones there, her padawans outburst was strange but not as concerning as the wound she couldn't get over to check and stop right away. No they had to not leave a chance things could be stuck in their backs by the slavers while she removed some of the binders and shackled the wrist of each one. One just wrist to another person and the tamper proof ones they had gotten for this purpose from akure were made so force powers couldn't open them let alone just fiddling with them. She was confident in it while moving and choosing one at random as her hand came up to focus on him and his head. "Sleep." The hibernation trace was important, kept them calm and with one hand bound to another person they became additional weight for running away or trying to move and grab weapons you can only use with one hand. SHe weighed the cutting off their own hand to be free and attack vs their wanting to live and be intact as an acceptable risk while moving to her padawan and producing from her pack the blue crystals. Slowly putting it over her neck so agaisnt the black bodysuit it looked slightly out of place with its gold and blue. "Stand still." She focused on him and on it letting the force channel into the crystal as it glowed differing shades to augment her healing of the padawan with a raised hand. "That was not the smartest way to go about things, I taught you to dodge for a reason." There was the barest hint of concern buried under the normal stoic attidude.

Memories floated by and faded away as Rasu surrounded herself in a deep slumber. Faces of old would appear smiling and greeting the Shi'ido as if they had never left. The Jedi Master offered only sad smiles as the figures of Nala Tu and Akodya Mune floated on front of her having been consumed by the Force. Iella and Sochi were next, lingering only moments with the Shi'ido until they too passed through the void. Rasu stretched out her hand, longing to grasp the remains of her dear friends as they departed, however a strong palm gripped into her wrist.

The woman lurched backward, enveloping herself in the warm embrace of Marek S'hadar. Holding onto the man, Rasu allowed herself a moment to completely relax, enjoying the comfort provided by her husband. Soon, he too would fade, vanishing into wisps of misty air, leaving the woman alone. Alone in a galaxy she had at one point though flawless. A galaxy filled with horrors.

"Hmmm wha...?" She gasped, drawn from her rest. Fumbling around in the sand, she brought a hand to cover her face from the harsh sunlight. "Who is it?" She asked gazing at the dark silhouette of Matsu Ike. As her vision cleared she could make out the Atrisian.

"Oh Matsu, it's only you." She said rising from her chair. "What can I do for you?" She asked, inquiring as to the presence of the Jedi Master.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
7/20
Beach
[member="Rasu Gan"]

Master looked at Rasu offering a smile on her face before she was sitting there in the sand. The metal stinger humming with the force energy as she continued to knead the metal with force energy and manipulate it into what she wanted the stinger to do. THe gold and black on it decorative before the sharp point. "Oh I am just exploring, this world is peaceful and the probes are scouting places we can construct facilities to help the locals. Hospital and something for them to work at finding anything else. Also helps discover where slavers have set up." Yes she had some things to work on and she looked at the jedi master offering a half smile. "How are you doing sweetie? I know things have been difficult."

Objective: D, E

After standing, Valae indicated that she wanted to head further away from the water, towards the grass above. Once they reached it, she pulled on her robes, likely for the warmth. Her presence showed that she was still anxious, but she was calming quickly. Resilient; that would serve her well as a Jedi. She reached into her bag and pulled out three snack bags, offering one to Audren and the other to Mullarus. Not that he'd looked for it, but he hadn't foreseen meeting with anyone on the planet besides his ride, certainly not with Valae and the Sith who seemed to have attached himself to the Coalition. Did she just keep multiple snack bags with her at any given time? Curious.

“Have a seat. Have a snack.”

The Sephi had to grin at that. Not the words themselves, but the interplay between tone and mentality. Her tone made the words sound like a simple invitation. Her mentality, on the other hand, made it clear that they were an order. She'd make a fearsome Master to some young Padawan one day. For now though, he gave a glance at the scarred man before going to sit to one side. His lightsaber hilt came out of the pocket it was in as he did so. Not a threat, though it might have appeared as such, it would just have been uncomfortable.

"Do you always keep snack bags with you, Valae?"

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Krux Mullarus"]

Objective D
Allies : The Sanctum, [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Audren Sykes"]
8/20

Oh, it looked like a threat alright. Even after the entire scene had just passed where Audren had watched Krux save Valae's life from drowning, and still, he either didn't trust him and even seemed to continue to threaten him. When Mullarus' eyes saw the hilt of Audren's lightsaber become exposed, frustration overwhelmed Krux and he felt an eye twitch out of annoyance. This had to be addressed.

Immediately, Mullarus reached behind him, his own, newly-crafted lightsaber flying into his hand. He slammed it down angrily in front of him, much less subtly than Audren had, and instantly retorted. "Alright, Sykes, i'm tired of this crap. Of every Jedi on Voss, you're the only one who seems to have yet to wrap your simple mind around the fact that i'm not your enemy anymore. I saved Valae's life right before your eyes, and you continue to take stabs at me?" Clearly, a nerve was struck. Mullarus didn't lash out at Audren with anything but words though.

"What the hell do you want from me?" he asked, not raising his voice in the slightest, just sounding irritated, "Sith have defected to the Jedi before. I am not your enemy. Every Jedi has told me that they value all forms of life and are easy to find forgiveness, so what exactly does this make you? I have been dealing with so much stress and uncertainty lately, and your attitude toward me has been making it much, much harder for me.

"Get off your high horse and accept it. I'm a Jedi now, just like you, and I don't intend to leave. Brandish your lightsaber all you want, i'll keep mine handy, too, then, since you appear to not mind."
he finally finished, staring at the sephi and continuing to eat, awaiting his response.

[member="Audren Sykes"] / [member="Valae Kitra"]

Objective: D
Allies: [member="Krux Mullarus"], [member="Audren Sykes"]

Valae was still feeling chilled, but the heat of the sun and the warmth of her robes was starting to help. She let her gaze wander out towards the water again, it was still a very lovely sight, but it made her shiver even more. Valae blinked when Krux asked her about her lack of swimming skills. She looked down for a moment, wondering if she looked a bit silly or clueless. Back home she had never been offered the opportunity to learn, swimming just wasn’t a thing back on Tatooine. Valae pulled open her bag of crisps and shook her head in answer to the question.

“I grew up on Tatooine, we don’t swim there. I guess I just got a bit too excited about the ocean…”

Her head turned when Audren asked if she always had snacks with her. All of these questions… The answer to that question was ‘yes’. And had she been intending to eat all of these snacks by herself? The answer was also ‘yes’. It was another habit brought with her from her days as a salvager. When she went out in the desert, she never knew exactly when she would be home. One never knew exactly when hunger would strike. There was also the simple fact that she became very grumpy when hungry, it was hard to concentrate when faced with a rumbling stomach.

“I do.” Valae nodded, wondering how much she should expand on that. “but I uh…brought more to share.”

So, she may have stretched the truth just a bit. Though, the subject quickly switched from snacks to something more serious. Valae could only remain silent when Krux confronted Audren, her eyes shifted back and forth between the men; one on each side. The silence was only broken for a moment by the sounds of Valae nibbling on her snacks, to keep from feeling even more awkward.

Objective: D, E

Tatooine. That made sense. He'd been there once for a dream-prompted hunt. That had been an interesting time, but it had also been obvious that there was very little water on the planet. No doubt any standing bodies of water larger than a puddle were owned by the filthy rich, maybe a percentage of the top one percent might consider having a pool to swim in. As far as the snacks went, he didn't need the Force to tell she wasn't entirely honest about them. Mostly honest, but not entirely. He didn't call her out on it, noting instead that it was a useful excuse. He might have tried it, except he didn't lug large bags around with him everywhere he went. Maybe stock the Hathol's small galley with some extra sweets just in case of company.

It was right around this time that the Sith blew up. Verbally, not physically, which would have been messy. As Krux spoke, any warmth that might have been in Audren's expression faded away, any amusement in his eyes dissipated. His anger threatened to rage uncontrollably, but he held it at bay with an effort of will. Now was not the time or place. He stayed silent throughout the scarred man's entire diatribe, his hands not moving from the snack bag he'd been given. He might have picked up his lightsaber hilt and tossed it away, but in the the world of Force Adepts that meant little - telekinesis was quite prolific.

When he spoke, his voice was as emotionless as a droid's vocabulator and his light blue eyes were locked on the other man's dark blue ones.

"You would know if I were stabbing at you; you'd be dealing with a blade and be in mortal danger. Yes, all forms of life are valued, but forgiveness is earned. Just weeks ago a Sith combat group attacked Thyferra. You and the woman didn't attack a military target, you targeted a bacta factory. You don't get a free ride from that. Yes, you helped save Valae, for which I am grateful. It's a step in the right direction.

I'm sorry you're stressed, but deal with it. This is real life, not fairyland. Everyone has stress.

As for the lightsaber, I can put it back in my pocket if you'd like and we can all pretend it isn't at all awkward positioning or uncomfortable. Or I can leave it on the grass beside me, doing no harm to anyone. Which would you prefer?"

By the end of his reply, and especially during the last question, his tone was pure ice. Far better than the torrent of anger striving for release. He couldn't blame the anger on the lightsaber crystal, it was all on him. Were he to touch the hilt, it would only fan the flames and make them stronger. Yet through sheer willpower he held back the inferno, refusing to let it affect his tone or his decisions and keeping it far away from his connection to the Force. For all the light that fire gave off, using the flame to fuel the Force led to darkness. Exactly what he didn't want.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Krux Mullarus"]

Objective: Build my surf board.

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

(7)

Theo only smiled when Makai asked if her made the shack himself. The young kid spoke about his parents which was interesting to say the least and explained the look of him, it was kinda cool to have scales and gills when needed.

"I am part corellian part Valkyr*crack*i, they are people from Midvinter, you been there?", he asked as Theo loves his home planet and taking any opportunity to speak about it. But the fact of the matter is, that Theo is more Valkyri, a throw back to the old race. "Not exactly sure what is happening with my voice, I guess it has something to do with growing up .. I don't know"

He laughed however, as the kid asked if he spoken basic. "Yeah I do, it is just this voice *crack* thing. Come on lets go and see if you can show me how to surf". Theo jumped up ready to try, a little nervous now, but that would not stop him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom