Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cake by the Ocean (The Coalition Dominion of Arkas)

Objective D
Allies : The Sanctum, [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Audren Sykes"]
Enemies: Audren's sass
10/20

Krux sighed, now feeling even more embarassed than before. He's the perfect Jedi he thought, No emotion. Not even any compassion, no kindness, nothing. Just duty and the will to serve. What scum.

Krux picked his lightsaber back up and stood to his feet, "Fine. Guess i'll just have to save the whole damn galaxy to get any mercy from you." he said, starting to pick up his robes and slip them back on. The sun had dried him off considerably, and he felt as if the lack of humanity emitting from Audren had sucked the life out of the nearby area and taken the moisture from his skin with it.

Putting his mask back on, he looked down to Valae, "Stay safe, Valae." he said, turning and starting to trudge off. He tried to think of something snarky to say about Audren as he walked away, but couldnt find the words, and figured it'd be best to just say:

"Good day...Audren."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Automatic Weapons
p1

When you hear the term "let's enjoy the beach" very rarely does one imagine the concussive sounds of a repeating megablaster. Alas, very rarely is one Karen Roberts.

"Good on ya girl. Now kneel down and look down the sight. Aim for the sandbag target and just squeeze the trigger."

"Thank you Karl. But I think I know how to handle a light machine gun."

The blue-haired woman smirked and pulled the trigger. Immediately the mounted weapon began to roar like thunder. Sending dozens of bright red blaster rounds down the beach and into it's sandbag target. Causing the whole sandy field to explode. Pow pow pow. Sand and dirt and salt spray went everywhere. Vaporizing the mounded target with thunderous applause. Ka'swoosh!

"Haha. So? What did I tell ya?"

"She's beauty all right. Clean sights, easy recoil, and she packs a really really strong punch."

Karen disengaged the weapon platform and pulled off her ear protection. Giving the gun's majestic owner a big thumbs up. Taking her time to listen to the barrel's steaming cooldown hiss.

"Ha. And you thought you'd be bored. See? I can be a gracious host, now can't I?"

"Yes Karl. You're the most gracious pirate warlord I've ever known. Stolen artillery and all."

The both smirked. After all. What were illegal friends for? Illegal good times, obviously.

"Bah. Stolen means nothing on this planet mi amiga. We're just... Sharing the wealth?"

"Indeed. But do you have something bigger?"

"What? Bigger than a mounted turret?"

"Yes."

Karl began to stroke his long black beard and nodded. Then he smiled a very devious smile,

"Indeed I do. Tell me Captain Roberts... Have you ever seen a Thor-class Hell Mortar before?"

"Oh my my my? Karl karl karl. Tsk tsk tsk. You bad boy you. ...Do lead the way?"

Ah yes. When you hear the term "let's enjoy the beach", very rarely does one imagine the hissing sound of a repeating megablaster. Thankfully, pirate worlds were full of what else? Pirates.

Objective: D

Now her two companions were starring daggers at each other, the tension in the air between them was thick and tangible. Valae was the sort that hated confrontations, such situations made her deeply uncomfortable, regardless if she was directly involved or not. She listened as Audren made his reply, and his voice could have cut stone. Valae was quickly learning that it was Audren’s way to be very direct; there was certainly no beating around the bush. There was no chance for misinterpretation that way, but Valae found that a little friendly banter could go a long way.

She watched as Krux stood and gathered his things, before she could thank him properly he was already starting to move off. “Thank you, Krux!” Valae called after him, feeling a bit uneasy about the way he had left. However, she didn’t have a place in their argument, and it was a matter that would need to be settled between Krux and Audren. Perhaps the two men would end up friends, but this day did not offer that possibility. Valae turned back towards Audren, she wondered if he too would storm off and leave her sitting alone on the beach.

“I don’t know anything about Krux’s past…” Valae started, her voice quiet. “I can only judge him by what I’ve seen, and he has been very kind to me.”

She wasn’t only talking about the fact that he had saved her today. Valae also recalled meeting him on Felucia, where Krux hadn’t hesitated to help them with their Rancor encounter. It seemed that Krux was troubled by his past, perhaps one of the reasons he chose to wear a mask, but it Valae knew it really wasn’t her business. She figured that he just needed some time to sort things out, but he needed encouragement to do so.

“If he wants to change, shouldn’t we help him?” She asked, tilting her head.

[member="Krux Mullarus"], [member="Audren Sykes"]

(7)

Seraph Taldir had made herself useful by killing corsairs, though apparently she seemed to have issues because some innocents got killed because of her. Sometimes Tarissa was quite certain the woman was too bloody soft.

Yes, in her opinion the Ice Queen was too nice. Anyhow, Tarissa had not remained idle but was currently on an inspection tour. The sub-atmospheric shuttle transporting her was overflying a group of beautiful islands. Beaches, tropical palms, mountain ranges that would provide some good protection. The mountains, along with the dense forests and swamps, would provide a natural barrier.

One could be forgiven for thinking that the islands looked like an idyllic paradise. Tarissa had no time for fanciful romantic notions of that sort. She had seen Santaissa go down in flames. "Our probe droids have detected silver mines, Lady. We believe these are still largely untapped," an aide reported. "The soil is fertile and suitable for farming. The hills will be a good place for defences."

"Good. Then it should be just fine for the former inhabitants of Chaeronea and Susa," Tarissa spoke. "Our people can move in and put roots down here, and they won't have to contend with the fractious political mess-up on Tygara."

"It will be rugged living at the start. Some rumours say there are beasts deep in the oceans, and Freetown natives may lay claim to the mines."

Tarissa brushed these points aside as they were buzzing insects. "Immaterial. It was Eldorai blood, valour and steel that delivered this planet from depraved slavers and made founding Freetown possible. The monkeighs will have to accept that," she declared a bit pompously. "I shall discuss this with Lady Kerrigan next time I see her. She understands our need for breathing space."

Yep, totally did. Of course, living as farmers and fishers would not be enough for the Eldorai. No, progress would have to be brought to Arkas. Progress, thrift and industry. Like the mystical phoenix, Eldorai civilisation would arise out of the ashes.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Post 3 of 20
Objective A/C: Baywatch: Arkas Beach

The pair of divers were thirty five meters under water.

Propelling himself with a powerful dolphin kick, the small Nautolan planed his body out as he cut through the sea. Transitioning into a frog kick, the boy hovered as he moved up closer to the pair of humanoids. They'd become entangled in some kind of netting or lines that had been left to trail through the water. Whatever its origins, the blunted edges of the knifes in the hands of one man demonstrated that they were working with some kind of carbonfiber filament.

Removing the curved hilt from off his belt, the young Nautolan activated the pearlescant blade of Riptide. The blade cycled on and off, as the first safety was disabled -- powering the weapon's powerful discharge energy cell. Then it cycled a second time, as the second and final safety was disabled, enabling the full cutting power to pour from out of the krayt dragon pearl.

A quick series of cuts severed the lines, freeing the divers as the boy shut down the lightsaber and returned it to his belt. Taking either man by hand, the boy led the two up from out of the depths. Slowing and halting their decent as he felt his body adjust to pressure changes in the salt water climate, so that they would stage decompress on the way back to the surface.

Getting the two divers back to the surface, the small boy guided the men back onto the beach and helped them remove their gear. With his comlink, the youngling was able to signal for medical help. They'd spent a lot of time down at a depth where nitrogen could cause an effect similar to intoxication. And oxygen could become toxic to the human nervous system.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | Post : [5/20]

"No. Never been."

Truth was, Makai was a fairly sheltered child. He rarely went places without at least one of his parents or Nana in tow. The exception was [member="Danger Arceneau"] , he had stayed on Tatooine alone with her plenty of times, exploring the Arceneau Trade compound. There were only a handful of worlds he tended to visit regularly.

"Growing up? I don't know....sometimes your voice sounds a bit like my Dad's....Hope my voice doesn't do that when I get older."

Getting up, Makai tossed the fruit pit out onto the dunes. He lugged the board out of the hut since Theo was ready to surf. The older boy seemed fairly confident but was asking him for advice on exactly how to do it. He thought that a little funny, no one had ever asked him to teach them something.

"Okay....So....."

Mind raced on how to show the other boy. His Mama would show him while sitting on the beach, especially when he was little. He would replicate the same steps then. They got closer to where water met land and Makai put the board down in the sand. He settled in on his belly, hands flat and close to his chest. Eyes gazed forward to the sea.

"First you look like this....don't look anywhere but in front..."

Hands pushed his chest off the board and in a fluid motion he popped up, knees bent low as he kind of crouched on the board.

"Then you jump up. Uhh.....since you don't know how to do this I wouldn't stand up all the way right now..."

Standing up normally on the board, Makai got off, his blue scales shimmering faintly in the light. A boyish grin spread across his face as he looked over to Theo.

"Now you gotta try."

Post 4 of 20
Objective A/C: Baywatch: Arkas Beach

Walking through the dunes of the beach, the young Nautolan allowed himself to dry off again.

The medics had arrived to take the two divers to the hospital, to make certain that they were both all right after their experience under water. In the meantime, the boy stretched as enjoyed the sensation of warm sand beneath his toes before he'd jump back into the water for another swim. He was a much better lifeguard from within the water than without. In the water, his fourteen head-tails could pick up vibrations in the ocean, like when someone was panicking.

Out of water, they didn't work as well.

Case in point, something flew from out of the air to bonk the young Nautolan on the head. "Ow!" Reaching up a hand to rub at the side of his head, the boy looked down and saw a fruit pit in the sand. Where had that come from? Glancing around, the Nautolan didn't see anyone...

Scrambling over the top of the dune, the boy was presented by an odd sight. One was Theo. Who wasn't an odd sight, he was just an odd person. The other was a kid who seemed like he didn't know if he wanted to have skin or scales. "Sup, brahs," the youngling offered cheerfully. Sliding down the sand dune, the Nautolan appeared to 'surf' the sand as he dropped down closer to where the two of them were.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Dezoti

D
[7/20]

D

[member="Audren Sykes"]
[member="Valae Kitra"]
[member="Krux Mullarus"]

"To help someone, you have to understand them first." The voice of Krest carried as he stepped up beside the group. He had been watching, in his own unique way, hidden in the Force. After finishing his task in the slave pens a walk was needed to clear his head. A walk that lead the Zabrak to this odd little group. Now that Krux was leaving however, and only after the man left, the last of the Templars chose to make himself known, not that it would have been hard to find a red man in the middle of the beach. From the Force? Invisible. To any eye? Plain as day. Stealth wasn't exactly his thing after all, and he only knew how to shrink down his presence from a friend so long ago.

He would continue on as he sat beside the group, not bothering to introduce himself. Krest was.. Odd, to say the least, and preferred to get right to the point. Blue eyes trailed after where Krux had gone, filled with curiosity. What was this boy going through to rid himself of the dark? It was possibly one of the worst pains around, ridding oneself of corruption. To give in was easy, to get out was the hardest trial of anyone's life.

"The path to redemption is one fought every day for the rest of their lives. The Dark does not give up on it's children, and will try to consume anyone that's touched it, no matter how much they distance themselves or how redeemed they feel. Every day is pain as this corruption tries everything to take control once again, and every day it must be pushed back down. Controlled. The slightest slip, and it's like restarting. The Dark is a drug, and there is no trial greater than redemption. Judge him all you want for being Sith, but know that your mistrust is misplaced. He needs the support of his fellow Jedi to stay strong, and your judging and questioning push him closer to the dark than you think. I'm not saying coddle him, but have some respect for one trying so hard to be Jedi." It was pretty clear who the old Zabrak was talking to, but he never once cast a glance to the blond man. Krest had been where Krux is, and in a way still was. With that said however, he quickly changed the subject with a smile, nodding once to Valae. "Now, I heard you keep an abundance of snacks, and frankly I'm quite hungry. Would you mind sharing some with me?"

(8)

Idyllic, paradisical, untouched by civilisation. All words one could associate with the atoll. None of them sprang to the mind of Tarissa as she walked across the beach and restrained the urge to grumble about sand being coarse and getting everywhere.

It was unbecoming of an elf to sulk like that. Any human manling who thought to chat her up with silly comments like that would be hung from his private parts. "This should be a good place for a harbour," she spoke to her aide, who was hurrying after her.

"We will need command of the seas on this planet." Perhaps Firemane could finally build a surface cruiser. Construction droids were already being deployed to set up what would first be an outpost, but eventually a settlement.

Alongside them, the Eldorai were employing organic workers hired from the natives. Some of them would grumble about the minimum wage, but it was probably better than plantation work.

One of the workers caught Tarissa's eye. "Isn't that the former Mirza of Lakish?" she asked, pointing a rather angry looking female Qadiri. The elf's dishevelled appearance was a far fry from the refined, pompous sovereign who had ruled one of the principalities on Tygara.

"Yes, it is, my Lady," the aide confirmed. "She was sentenced by Lady Kerrigan to exile as a common peasant on Arkas."

"Verily, Kerrigan told me about that episode. I'd have punished the queen far more harshly, but this is quite poetic. And I suppose that is the good Mirza's daughter," she spoke as her eyes fell upon a younger, but equally pissed off younger space elf. The workers were formed into labour companies and soon set to work. Much would have to be done to set up the necessary infrastructure. "Once we are set up, we should send out our missionaries. The natives are not Ashira's children, but they can still make the right choice for their Sciia."

Objective: Build my surf board.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Zak Dymo"]

(8)

The water felt great lapping about his hot feet. But Theo paid attention the Makai's words and actions and he instructed him on how to ride the board. He had not seen the figure of Zak bounding over the dune toward them, did not notice until his familiar voice crept up behind them. Theo turned to greet his best friend, but looked somewhat puzzled by the sudden 'crowd' on the beach he thought secluded, well there is always room for one more.. only one more. No more after that!

Theo smiled about to speak when he remembered the plight of his voice, his shoulders slumped a sign of some sort of resignation. He could not stay silent around them now, not since he had been speaking with Makai and all Theo could do was hope Zak would not laugh too much. "Hey", all good so far, "Where did you*crack*u come from?", the low voice popped in and out.

"Just here with *crack* with my new friend, Makai. Mak*crack*ai, this is Zak Dymo Jedi with the Silver Sanctum, same as me. He was *crack* just about to show me how to surf on his board. I am gonna build my very own soon, should do with your help too".

(4/20)
Objective: Healing, berating, and chasing a fleeing slaver.
Allies: [member=Cathbodua], [member=Krest], [member=Audren Sykes], [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Krux Mullarus"]

At her barb about his ineptitude, his naturally over-expressive features soured. His ears folded back as she began healing the wound. "Forgive my mortality." He'd mutter. No-one could evade everything all the time. He had gotten unluckly, and made the poor choice to not have both of his sabers in action at the time. As soon as she finished her work on his head-wound, he'd return his glower towards the slavers.

"What exactly should we do about them?" He'd ask, before suddenly hearing rapid movement deeper in the forest. "Feth! We've got a runner! I'm after this one Master!" He'd say, before bolting off, not giving her a chance to stop him. His already unnatural agility and speed was augmented further by the Force coursing through his body. The fleeing slaver had a significant head-start, coupled with familiarity with the terrain, enabled him to make impressive distance before the padawan eventually caught up with him.

This intersect point was the shore of the beach. This particular slaver was, oddly enough, a Nautolan, and he would be home free had he hit the water. But, the padawan had elevation, and speed, on his side. The aquatic humanoid was running as swiftly as sand permitted, rushing for the water. Ryn on the other hand, came screaming out of the treeline, running across the grass and more firm terrain, before springing into a dramatic leap over the sand. He sailed through the air, cloak billowing about behind him, easily catching the eyes of anyone nearby. As he approached the water from above, several paces ahead of the Nautolan, a hand was thrown towards the slaver. The Force issued forth, a sudden burst of kinetic energy, sending the Nautolan feet-over-head back up the beach.

Splashing through the water, the padawan waded out and across the sand. "Alright.... not one of my better maneuvers.... At least no one saw............." He'd trail off, glancing down along the beach, far enough for him to be well out of ear-shot, but not so far to be unable to recognize easily the trademark blond-hair and relatively rigid stature of a particular Sephi Knight, and a recent friend found in the form of the Red-skinned individual sitting near the blonde one. The middle individual, Ryn couldn't identify at this distance. But, embarrassment was definitely strong in the presently maskless padawan. Hood was swiftly returned atop his head, as he moved to investigate his quarry.

Unconscious, but breathing. Good.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zak Dymo"] | Post : [6/20]

Water lapped across his bare feet as he stood to the side, waiting for Theo to practice. He hadn't been paying attention to the prospect of potential visitors, although Theo may not be as secluded as he first thought. After all, his Dad and Salacia Consolidated workers were just around the other side of the land mass, working on ocean energy solutions.

He watched the other boy - a Natuloan - join them. Another aquatic kid?! Makai was excited at the prospect. Granted, he was only half-aquatic but still...someone who wasn't human and liked the water was always a welcome sight to his eyes.

"Hi Zak, you wanna have a go?"

Makai motioned to the board laying on the ground. He found it odd the two said they were Jedi. Weren't they supposed to be wearing brown and meditating on the sea grass? Kids were always trying to impress one another, perhaps they were lying, but maybe not. Makai wasn't the type of kid impressed by 'Forcies' anyways.

Objective: C
~
After escaping from the enemy pirates, Nalan continued to steer her vessel on that course marked out on that treasure map. “Now Padawan, how would you like to learn how to sail a ship?” Talik’s lekku twitched in excitement, and then she leapt to her feet and ran to the wheel, watching the master at work. Nalan tucked the younger Twi’lek in front of her, and put her hands on to the wheel, as she described how to steer the vessel. “You can control the sails simply by pulling on this rope,” she pointed to a rope running from the deck to the mast.

“Alright,” Talik said, taking a deep breath, and following those instructions. All of a sudden, she could now feel the ship responding to her movements on the wheel and pulling on the guide rope, which turned the sails and the mast. This was the most exciting thing that she had ever experienced in her short life, so she decided that she must have a sailing ship in the future. As they continued on the voyage, they moved past countless tranquil islands; the kind you would want to buy and then live on, just to get away from the bustle of daily life.

Up ahead, a large island appeared over the horizon. Checking the map, Talik became excited; this was the island! “There it is!” the Padawan exclaimed and then she began to wonder where that treasure was buried on the island. As the ship got closer and closer, Nalan slowed the ship down, and guided it into the jetty, which had seen better days. Gently nudging the old jetty, Nalan got a rope from the front of the ship, and threw it onto the dock. Talik bounded over the side of the vessel as quick as a flash and then tied off, giving a big grin.

Nalan leapt on the dock and held the map in both hands, scratching her head; there was no information about where the trail went from here on out. As she turned it over, there was a detailed map of the island and the red dashes went from here, up and down several large hills and then climb a large mountain to reach the peak. There was a large cave there marked with a big “X”, and Talik shook with excitement; she could not wait to get started on the adventure! The duo moved off and began walking down the trail, brushing aside branches.

“So, what will you do with the treasure once you find it?” Nalan asked, as she led the way, holding the map in front of her. “I don’t know. I would love to split it with you Nalan, since you have helped me greatly. And how would you like that?” she hoped Nalan would accept her grateful offer of splitting it up into an equal share of the treasure. “That sounds lovely. No one has ever shared any treasure with me before,” she said rather sadly. Talik frowned. “But then you’ll be able to buy anything you wish!” she said with a big grin, oozing happiness.

“What would you want to buy?” Talik asked, walking beside her new friend. “I would really like to buy a new ship, a much larger one mind you, so I can take people on cruises,” she had always wanted to be captain of a cruise ship, and once they found the treasure, her dream would finally be able to come true. A loud screech came from somewhere up ahead, so Talik hid behind Nalan, as she felt frightened. Nalan picked up a large stick to defend them and moved in closer to where it the screech was coming from. Talik shut her eyes tightly.

Nalan came across a Fenner’s Rock that was sitting atop a rock in the middle of the trail. It screeched even louder, so Nalan began to swing the stick and it worked; the Fenner’s Rock became frightened and it slithered off the rock and into the undergrowth whence it had came. Gripping the younger one’s hand in hers, the elder Twi’lek crept forward slowly. Checking the map, they were still on the right track and the next obstacle shown on the map was a dark forest - Talik never mentioned it, but she was utterly and terribly scared of the dark.

The duo got closer to the forest and the air around them became colder and a blanket of mist descended on them. Eyes began to peer at them through the shadows, so Talik slunk behind Nalan and she gripped her hand even tighter; she just wanted to have the ability to teleport them straight to the final mark on the map so they could discover the treasure. Making their way into the forest, the pair began to walk quickly, hoping to not be stopped by any creatures. As she watched, Talik saw those tree branches forming an archway above them.

“I-I’m scared, Nalan...” Talik whimpered, as her lekku twitched in fear and they began to wrap around her neck in a coping mechanism. Nalan held her hand and told her that everything would be okay. As they got deeper and deeper in the forest, looking behind them, the entrance was just a pinprick of white light and ahead, the exit was a speck of light that seemed to be constantly moving; Talik began to silently pray that they would be able to get through. The Twi’lek told herself that she was the bravest one and that she had plenty of courage.

As they continued through the dark forest, Talik imagined herself as a brave Jedi Knight who was on a daring rescue mission to save her young Padawan who had been kidnapped by the One Sith, and was being forced to turn to the Dark Side and fight against her, although she was resisting the best she could. As Talik’s imagination took over, they emerged from the forest and they were greeted by the sight of the trail continuing through fields; a relief from the forest. Talik came back to reality and then she checked over the map again.

On the other side of the fields was a barren wasteland, labeled as being “the most dangerous part of the island”. Picking up a branch from a fallen tree, the young Padawan armed herself for any encounters in that hellish looking place and would do anything in her power to defend herself and Nalan. It was about to become a rather dark and frightening experience for the two of them.

(9)

So far things were proceeding smoothly enough on the island. Wild beasts had waylaid Eldorai soldiers when they went out to scout in the forest, but they had been gunned down efficiently. It was clear that a section of the forest would need to be burnt away to make room for the settlement, which would be constructed on the southern portion of the island, though it would probably expand in time.

Roads would have to be paved to connect the homes with the farms and mines. Paved roads were an important hallmark of civilisation. Somehow Vitiate's Sith Empire had failed at building them on Dromund Kaas despite it being their capital. Or clear out the beast-infested jungle they ran through.

While the labourers and mechanical drones went about their task to set up the initial outpost, Tarissa studied a holographic projection of the future settlement. She had received word that Firemane would be delivering the new ocean energy module that Salacia Consolidated had created, since apparently 'green energy' was a thing these days. Tarissa had doubts about the technical prowess of manlings, but Siobhan had assured her that this [member="Judah Dashiell"] fellow was quite competent.

Hearing sounds of gunfire and cursing from the far distance, which indicated that her minions were putting down another lizard or aggressive tiger, Tarissa made a mental note that a minefield might not go amiss. Once they had power, they could set up some turrets.

Objective: D, E

"Fine. Guess I'll just have to save the whole damn galaxy to get any mercy from you."

Audren's gaze returned to his food, calmly eating as the other man left. The only surprise he felt was that the man knew his name. Someone must have told him, which - conversely - wasn't surprising at all. And now the Sephi knew the others' name, thanks to Valae. Krux. Surname could come later. The fact that he was kind to Valae meant little; anyone who's interests ran in that particular direction could tell that Valae was a pretty girl, and Krux's kindnesses could be trying to get into her pants. Or they could be a Sith trying to get on the inside of the Coalition, or a Sith actually trying to change, or just a person being kind. A saying he'd learned before venturing into the galaxy: hope for the best, plan for the worst.

"If he wants to change, shouldn’t we help him?"

Ah, now that was a question. 'If he wants to change' first, and 'shouldn't we help him' second. Lone action not withstanding, the Knight hadn't seen any evidence of Krux wanting to change; not that he'd observed the other man at all. Everything he'd read on the matter - which wasn't much, admittedly - suggested that said change wouldn't happen at the drop of a hat. It would be a fighting battle uphill. As to whether they should help...if he asked for help, yes. If he didn't, trying to help could simply screw things up and make them worse. There had been one time on Cholganna when a nexu had taken a liking to settler flesh. One particular outrider -Shadra - had taken it on, luring it into a trap. Only some friends of his, not seeking his advice first, had tried to help. They'd ambushed the thing before it could reach the trap...and failed to kill it.

Shadra had ended up on the operating table for eight hours, two of the ambushers were dead, and the nexu claimed three additional lives before it was stopped.

He was trying to figure out the best way to state the story when another being walked up to them. Hidden from the Force, but plainly audible as he stepped closer.

"To help someone, you have to understand them first."

The red-skinned man from Voss, where Audren had first met Valae. Never a word spoken between the two of them, never an interaction, yet the man spoke as if he knew the Knight. He also spoke of the darkness like an addiction, drawing a parallel that Audren had also decided on, except red-skin spoke as if from experience. Throughout, the Sephi kept his cool. He had no issues with Red that he knew of; while he might not agree with all of the man's viewpoints, he wasn't looking to get into an argument. Just like he hadn't been looking to get into it with Krux either, that one had just happened.

"One day he's going to face far worse. His progress will happen as it happens."

He left out the last part...if it happens. It was not Audren's duty to guard the Order or Coalition. But the Jedi Order had been largely destroyed before, and he had no desire to be caught unaware. So no, he would not instantly forgive any Sith who claimed to want to join any Jedi Order, would not coddle them. He wouldn't confront them, wouldn't antagonize them, but would stand up for himself. If moving a lightsaber hilt from pocket to ground to avoid awkwardness was an action seen as threatening then they weren't ready for much.

All of the sudden, a Nautolan came rushing from the treeline not thirty meters away. He was heading for the water like it was his lifeline, and he radiated panic. Another being followed, this one faster and stronger than the green one. And a Force user to boot, evidenced both by his leap and the Push he used to send the Nautolan sprawling. The Jedi splashed down in the water and waded back towards shore, robes sopping wet. The alien face turned towards the group and embarrassment seemed to swell in the being's Force presence. Swiftly, the hood was pulled up, cloaking his face in shadow, and he moved to check the Nautolan. For whatever reason the face seemed familiar, but it was nobody the Sephi knew by name. Maybe someone he passed in the Temple corridors every so often.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Krux Mullarus"] | [member=Krest] | [member=Ryn'Dhal]

Post 5 of 20
Objective D: Operation S.U.R.F.B.O.A.R.D.

Once upon a thread, Theo had been two.

As in, two years old. And Zak? Zak had been nine. And had tried helping out in the nursery at the Silver Temple, as part of which he'd had to chase baby Theo through an air duct and wound up installing a new skylight in [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]'s office with his butt. Now, Theo was having puberty problems and Zak had yet to get so much as a tenth birthday present from the hack behind the keyboard. It was a crime against the fourth wall. But, I digress...

The Nautolan's head went back in surprise at the sound of Theo's voice cracking, though he managed to suppress his laughter to a mere, bubbly giggle. Plus, there was the new kid. Makai. Or. Ma'kai (alternate puberty pronunciation).

Now, Zak was as low brow as it got. So it was probably very easy for people to forget he was the apprentice to a Chandrila noble, the Countess of Rosedge, Jedi Knight, and all-around bombad [member="Nefertari Sovint"]. So the boy had some class. Or he knew what class was. He just chose to be, well, himself most of the time.

Standing very prim and proper, not slouching, the Nautolan held one hand to his waist as he gave a formal bow to the scales-no-scales Makai type brah. Then, in a voice that harkened to the royal heralds of auld, said, "Enchanté my good fellow!"

Was their even French in Star Wars? Oh, feth it, we're already handwaving the seven year age difference between Zak and Theo. So, yes, there's now French in Star Wars.

Straightening back up, the youngling let another giggle slip as Scaley McNoScales asked if he wanted to give it a go. Glancing down, the Nautolan saw a surf board and tilted his head to one side with a truly clueless expression on his face. "Why... would you want to float on top of the water?" the boy asked, without even thinking about it.

Because this was Zak. He never thought about anything.

Looking back up, the child's head-tails whipped from side to side as he looked from Makai to Theo.

Theo, the human.

Who breathed...

"Oh," the Nautolan chirped, as the lightbulb could almost be seen glowing over his head. "...right!" Air breathers breathed air. Which, kinda required there being air. There wasn't much air under water. There was, but there wasn't.

And remember folks, THIS was the future of the Jedi. Save yourself some time and just go ahead and join the One Sith now.

Frowning slightly, the Nautolan seemed to regard the surf board with some skepticism. "That's okay," the boy chirped finally, as he looked back up. "I like being under the water better." There was Disney song on that note, or something. "But I'll help!"

[member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA​

In the Darkness there is Truth
(9)

"This is extremely undignified. In my time, Dark Force wielders had better things to do than dive for alleged 'treasures'."

"Oh, shut up already. I'm tempted to think you just grumble for the sake of it."

"So typical of this generation. Lack of decorum, lack of respect. If you get eaten by a sea monster, I will be stuck here at the bottom of the ocean, maybe for centuries. All because you are on a fool's errand, foolish girl."

"Pity. Then I suppose you'll just have to make sure that that I don't get eaten, yes?" Is this writer the only one getting the impression that they were bickering like an old married couple? Anyhow, Sumiko dismissed the sentient sword's protests as if they were buzzing insects and went for a dive into the waters of Arkas, appropriately kitted out in a scuba suit which covered all but her feet and head.

"And then I suppose you'll spend the rest of the day lazing around on the beach and indulging yourself with primitive, unwashed natives. Try not to catch anything. Unless you wish to go down in history as the wielder of Souldrinker who died of veneral disease."

"Touche. If I'm in a good mood, maybe we'll raise some zombies! Then you can demonstrate your oh so great power." In theory she could create a telekinetic sphere around herself to push through the water and keep herself dry, but it seemed unnecessary to her. So she swam at a fast pace, in search of the alleged cave. Needless to say, sooner or later a sea monster just had to pick up her scent.

Objective: Build my surf board, and age Zak up a few years! :p

[member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Zak Dymo"]

(9)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M

Theo turned to smile at the two boys, Zak in particular as his writer needs to get a move on, before grabbing the surf board and laying on it. He went through every motion that Makai had shown him, even the paddling motion which made him dig in the sand, naturally a few of the 'rogue' waves, which were not really rogue waves as they had petered out by the time they got to him, had splashed over the board and wet his long black hair and face. But as the water began to receded back to the ocean, it took Theo with it and before anyone knew it, Theo was pushing though the waves out to the breakers.

"Come on you two! frig*crack*htened of getting your feet wet?". He teased them. The paddling out part of this exercise was easy enough but Theo knew the hardest bit was to come. Not just to try and stand up but to remain up on the board and not only that, to ride the wave into shore. It all seemed way to hard, but he would not allow this difficulty to stop him.

Theo had made it passed the breakers and rode the rise and fall of the swell. Only problem was he did not know which wave to pick to ride. Ask the experts!

"Hey .. how do I *crack* judge a good wave?".

Objective: D

Valae was a bit startled by an unfamiliar voice; she turned to the side to see a red man, and watched as he had a seat next to her. It was as though he had been casually listening to their conversation, as if he had been there the entire time. Perhaps he had been there, hidden to them somehow, and simply waiting for the opportunity to move in. She turned to glance at Audren for a moment, but she didn’t see any indication that he knew the new arrival either. As the red man launched into speech about the path to redemption, she watched and listened for a moment, but turned back towards the ocean.

Had she seen the man somewhere before? Valae narrowed her eyes in thought, searching through the memories, trying to find an answer. She was unsuccessful, but she came away with the distinct impression that she had met him in her past. Valae also had the feeling that it hadn’t been just a passing glance. Of course, she had recently met so many new people, perhaps he had been just another face around the Silver Temple. She let her brown gaze shift back to the man, something about the sight of him made her feel a bit uneasy. It wasn’t that she was frightened of him or that he made her uncomfortable… but he was a piece of the puzzle that didn’t quite fit in just yet.

Valae heard Audren’s words in the background, but she hadn’t really taken them in. She did notice that the air between them didn’t feel as prickly, and was thankful that the air was no longer charged with tension.

"Now, I heard you keep an abundance of snacks, and frankly I'm quite hungry. Would you mind sharing some with me?"

She blinked a couple of times; just realizing that she had been staring absently. The girl’s face flushed lightly, for she was a bit embarrassed that she hadn’t been listening to a word anyone had said. Valae nodded a couple of times and drew her rucksack to her again. She pulled out the last bag of snacks and handed them out to the red man, though her attention was suddenly drawn to motion streaking down the beach. One figure was running straight at the waves, and it made her insides lurch with anxiety, recalling her brush with the ocean. She squinted at the second figure, dressed in dark clothing that billowed as he leapt forth. A smile broke onto her face as the dark figure splashed into the ocean, and she watched as he made his way back to the beach. He was sopping wet but still in control of his situation, or so it seemed.

“That looks like Ryn…” she spoke finally to her companions, though her attention was still on the scene unfolding down the beach.

[member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Krest"], [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom