Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cake by the Ocean (The Coalition Dominion of Arkas)

(13)

Somewhere, far away from pirates, fighting, humanitarian aid or indeed anything that was about work, Siobhan was lazing around on the beach. She lay with her stomach upon a towel, allowing the warm sun rays to shine down upon her and kiss her back.

Pure sand, sparkling blue oceans, warmth. It was truly a beautiful sight and good for her to relax. A soft purr escaped her throat when she felt Harmony's nimble fingers massage her back. A generous degree of sun screen had been applied, so Siobhan could just lie there and enjoy the massage. The cool ocean's breeze brushed against her face, and she sighed in contentment when her maiden found a particularly sensitive spot.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Scout Foundation for Enclave
[member="Rasu Gan"]

Oh she was going to get it as the jedi master set down keeping them ready while she took off after Rasu and had some ideas forming in her mind. They might be able to bring a lower level submerged section for working on things with a submersible bay to have more ways in and out. Or food bays thanks to Corvus and the work on self sustaining facilities they had been working to gather information on. The ancient jedi city the grandmaster had discovered with her led to more then that though as Matsu was running up the dune abandoning the force to give her an advantage and just this was fun, this was excitement in a way they could do being friends while she pushed force energy into the case in her equipment back to continue to empower it and lock down the desired effect within it.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Zak Dymo"]

Theo seemed to be doing pretty decent for a guy who had just got on a surfboard. He was being propelled to the shore at a good clip until a wipeout happened. Since he didn't attach the board to his leg it went sailing in the air, looking like a rocket that had just taken off. The ocean had swallowed him up, churning Theo into the surf.

After what seemed like an eternity, Theo had emerged from the surf. The ocean had deposited him near the shore, the boy laying on his elbows and giving a shout of victory. Now that the older boy was safe, Makai had to go retrieve the board if they were to do it all over again. Getting carried out to sea, Makai could spot it in the distance.

"Be right back guys!"

Dipping underneath the surface of the waves, he set out to go grab it. Given his gills, there was no reason to surface for air, letting him swim faster since he didn't have to fight the waves.

In the Darkness there is Truth
And so deep beneath the oceans of Arkas, the spirit of Pirate Lord Barbarossa was sucked into Souldrinker. The pull of the Sith blade was inexorable and though the spirit struggled, he was devoured. Presumably this hurt him a lot. "Mmmh. He'll sate me for a while. What a pompous oaf. Pity about the ring, but maybe if you listened to me..."

"Yes, yes. I concede this one. Don't let it go to your head. Well, metaphorically," Sumiko interjected. Seriously, sometimes the sword is annoying. Her eyes fell upon the opened chest that was stuffed with shinies. "I suppose gems are a reasonable consolation prize. And some idiot at Nar Shaddaa auction might mistake the ring for the genuine article." Totally ethical business practices!

Anyhow, with that Sumiko's little adventure was concluded.

Post 8 of 20
Objective D: Operation S.U.R.F.B.O.A.R.D.

Paddling around, the young Nautolan just blinked as the surfboard went one way and Theo went another. Makai was recovering the surfboard and Theo had face-planted in the sand.

...and terrestrials did this for fun?

Swimming toward the shore, the Nautolan giggled as Theo recovered. "I don't think that's how it's 'sposed to look," the youngling offered simply.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Objective: C
~
This place was devoid of anything, and there was an air of dread surrounding the pair as they took their first step into the Wastelands. Checking the map, it showed that after this part of the journey, they would be faced with even more trials. They would have to make their way through a dark swamp, and then a hot desert, before they even reached the mountain range. As they got deeper into the Wastelands, the wind picked up and gradually became even colder.

In the distance, Talik saw a tall dark figure standing in the middle of the trail, blocking their way. Getting close, the young Padawan saw that it resembled a human being, but was made of black smoke instead of flesh and blood. As the pair approached, the “man” spoke loud and in a terrifying voice. “Who are you to encroach on my domain?!” he roared at the two, wanting to frighten them.

“I am Talik Luroon, a Silver Jedi Padawan from Voss. I have come here to find hidden treasure in the mountains,” the young Twi’lek stood defiantly in front of the being. She had to show that she was not scared and would not back down from a fight. He stared down at her and grimaced, trying his best to scare her.

“Will you let us pass peacefully and allow us to continue on our way?” it was a gamble, but the young Padawan was determined to not let him win.

“I might do. You must pass a test of riddles that I always give to the travellers who come this way. And do you think you can answer all of them, little one?” it was turning into a rather dangerous situation; Nalan had no idea what would happen if Talik got any answers wrong. Hopefully it wouldn’t be anything bad.

Talik crossed her arms and nodded affirmatively. “I know that I can,” she said, waiting for him to start. The “man” produced a list from thin air and he began.

“What asks but never answers?” he leant down and looked directly at Talik.

“That would be an owl!” she proclaimed to him, smiling. He growled and went on to the next riddle on his list.

“What can you catch but not throw?” he asked, hoping she would get this one wrong and then he would be able to deal out a suitable punishment for those who got a riddle wrong or simply ran out of time.

“A cold!!” Talik was proud of herself. He grumbled once more and then moved to the next riddle on the list.

“A man is found dead in a phone booth in a pool of blood. The glass on either end of the phone booth is broken and the phone is hanging. Just outside the booth is a bucket and a stick. How did the man die?” the "man" knew that she would not be able to answer it.

“The man was a fisherman and was telling somebody on the other end of the telephone about the large fish he caught. When he used his hands to gesture how big the fish was, he hit the glass on both sides and he cut himself,” as he stared at her, the “man” knew that she was the smartest he had ever seen.

“Now give me the hardest one that you have!” he was very impressed with her determination, so he found the hardest riddle he possibly could on his list.

“A man is in court for killing his wife. In the final closing statements, the man's lawyer surprises everyone there when he announces that "His wife was just missing. Everyone look at the doors. His wife is going to walk in those doors in about 30 seconds," The entire court is silent and the jury stares at the door as the lawyer, and the defendant, stare at them. After a couple of minutes the lawyer says "See!! If you were so sure that he killed his wife, you would not be watching the door!!!" The jury goes into deliberation and they then come back almost immediately with a guilty verdict. And why did the jury convict him?,” it was a very hard riddle and the “man” knew that she couldn’t possibly answer it.

“The defendant was not looking at the door. He was looking at the jury,” Talik smiled up at him and the “man” knew he had been defeated fair and square.

“Alright then Padawan, you win. You may pass through,” he said in a dejected tone, slowly vanishing back into the wind to wait for the next traveller to come.

The pair continued through this desolate wasteland and then eventually came to a large swamp that seemed to stretch on forever. “Hopefully we can get through with no problem,” Nalan said, as she took her first steps into it.

“I agree,” Talik said, as she followed close behind, and watched to see where her footing was; she was scared that if she fell, she might be sucked under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom