Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a Jedi Temple on Ossus [Republic]

The Liberation of Ossus ended successfully for the Republic. The war against the Sith Empire erupted into total war.

The Jedi Order and Republic required strongholds on the frontline. To meet that end, the creation of a Jedi Temple on Ossus began. Using designs from an ancient temple that used to exist on the world, construction began as soon as possible. It did not take long for the basics of the temple to be ready to use. While still robust and hardly polished, the Grand Foyer could be traversed. Several living quarters were available and in use. Most Republic soldiers and Jedi still remained in the temporary stronghold near the Temple, though.

An unfinished council room had been created at the top floor of the building. Much as the Jedi High Council, four seats stretched across the wall opposite of the entrance.

In the room, Daella looked out a window. She gazed down on the work below with a relaxed yet stoic face. She stood tall with her feet shoulder-width apart and arms folded behind her back.

An arm rested on Daella's shoulder as someone came behind her. The familiar blonde hair of her fellow Council member would come into view as Josh DragonsFlame gave Daella a slight smile, having decided to take a little break from near breaking his back helping in the building of the Jedi Temple. Josh looked exhausted from the battle on Ossus, and who could blame him? He had battled High Sith Knight (In his opinion) Krag, who by all means should be a Master by now, mostly with his bare hands and a few force tricks. The battle had ended undecided, but that didn't make Josh any less sore. His jaw was still numb from the bacta, as was the rest of his body. Hopefully, he would heal in the coming weeks. He had been bruised, battered, and destroyed. But he had done just as much damage to the Sith. And now, it was time to rebuild. The Great Jedi Library was in ruins, a sad story, as was the Temple itself. And now, after hours and hours of backbreaking work, the foundation of something greater was beginning to take shape....

"It's a good day to burn heretics-Err, I mean... Make history, huh?" the Master said with a slight smirk to his fellow Master, looking out the window. He let out a sigh, the battle was over, but there was still so much more work to do.

The arm slid off Daella's shoulder as the Jedi Master became lost in thought for a moment... He remembered, again, why he had come here.

Saoirse. He had come here not just to take Ossus back from the Sith, but to avenge her, to give the salvation for her that she was no longer here to do. And it was done. Many Sith lie dead by his hand, others severely wounded. The Jedi Master had put his life on the line for this... And now, he felt at peace. He felt that finally, he could let go of his immense grief... For the dead may be forever mourned, but he had done all he could and more to avenge her suffering.

A weak smile crossed his face as he took a breath... As he stared out the window, he felt as though a new chapter was opening for him. But the Sith were not yet dead. And he would never stop until they were....

He looked at his fellow Master, and finally, he spoke.

"Do you think we have a chance now against the Sith?" he finally asked. It was a question worth pondering. Did they have what it took? Ossus was a great victory, but would it be one of many? Or a fluke?

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

The hooded man approached the construction apprehensively at first, how quickly would he be noticed, if he would be noticed at all? He had all but hidden his presence within the force, his face covered by a large beard, and a hood pulled down low over his face left little room for recognition. The very old and faded robes he wore were dirty and stained from his time in exile, a self imposed exile, one very few people knew about. To most Jedi, he was a deserter, and he feared how they would view him if they caught wind he had come back. The recent liberation of Ossus had opened his eyes to something, something he never thought he would see again not too long ago, the Jedi were as strong as ever.

Not too long ago, at least in his mind, there had barely been anyone and now they were flourishing. Without his help, of course, but he expected no less of them. He was nothing more than a figurehead in his day, and now he was merely a memory, and in a way he liked it better that way. He was not meant for the spotlight, that much was certain, but he had not been ready to wage war on the Sith. The repercussions of that decision still sat with him to this day and was the reason for his self imposed exile, the Jedi were better off without him, his ideals of an old Order were outdated and unnecessary, he did more harm than he did good. That was the past, today he was here to witness something come to a head that he had helped to start so many years ago, and for the first time in a long time he felt a smile come across his face.

Stopping at the top of a hill Ben crouched next to a tree, resting his hand on the base of it, staring out at what would one day become a new Jedi temple. He wondered what was next for the Jedi, he knew they were at war, but he knew nothing more than the news that was carried across the holo network. He believed in Selena, she was brash, but she knew what she was doing. He had fought alongside her at one point and he knew that she would make the right decisions for the Jedi in the end. Smiling, he put himself into an indian style position and he grabbed a rock up from the ground, tossing it into the air he caught it and he looked up into the sky soaking in the beauty of being alive.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn walked along the grounds, a large beam over his shoulder. He turned his head towards a figure on the hill, the movement of a rock catching his well-trained predatory eye. He turned away from the figure after a while, and placed the beam down near the other workers. The Ossus people avoided him like the plague, as did the workers. It was like he was a phantom, or some sort of monster from a bedtime story. He walked into the nearly-deserted ruins of the temple, glancing upwards. Tracyn had cut down Graug, Sith, you name it in the fight, and it took it's toll on him. The fight with the Master had also worn him, as did @[member="Ravage"]'s foiled attempts to fight him. Poor red bastard. Tracyn saw Daella and Josh maneuvering about, but didn't feel like talking to them, or even acknowledging their presence at the current moment.

He looked upwards, sighing as he ran a hand over his face, a bare hand. His crushgaunts lay in a pouch on his belt, a heavy plastoid box-style pouch that once held a plethora of other items before it. But now, it held tools of death and destruction. And he was free to touch his face, and anything, with his bare hands for the first time in a long while. He looked around for a long while, before settling in on an ancient, decaying bench made up of on stone. He had his doubts before...but now? Now he was in an emotional roller coaster, doubts one moment and pride and admiration for the republic the next.

He looked to the empty seat beside him, knowing the presence that he longed that needed, that he wanted to be there."Of all the things you did for me, the one thing I could never do for you, is let you go, you know that...I bet you do. You know everything, at least, I like to think so. You were so damn smart, you know that? That was the reason I married you. Not because you were the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, no, no, that didn't matter. You could have been a Nightsister and you still would have been gorgeous to me. You...you completed me. And now that you're gone, I don't know. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I feel like a cracked egg, a broken piece of glass that's still in the sill but not the same anymore. Ah, I just wish...I wish that I could talk to you. That was the best part. Just...talking. You made everything seem better, you know?"He said, fumbling with his hands for a moment, trying to stop the guilty shaking of his powerful hands. He missed her so damn much, and he had been hiding it behind a scowl and a bloodlust. He wasn't angry, that was the truth. He was sad. Sad, alone, and weary. Weary from war. Weary from turmoil. Weary from absence. Weary from loss.

Standing outside with his back to a supply crate and legs crossed at the heels was the Padawan of newly-minted-Master Diana Moridena. A fiery haired woman of young age and short stature, she nonetheless seemed to know what she was doing. But the Force and Jedi tradition were her arena.

This was his.

What, exactly, was his arena? Supervising a bunch of muscleheads who didn't know which way to not drop crates marked 'fragile.'

"Careful, you apes." He says with near disinterest, arms folding across his chest. This was the fourth time today they'd nearly dropped something important before it even reached the temple. He hadn't been here for Ossus, but he would help where he was needed too. And right now, supplying the construction crews was that need.

"Take it into the foyer, hang a right. Go all the way down the hall, take a left, right and then follow that to the end. Don't. Karking. Drop it." Glaring at the laborers who nodded feverishly in affirmation, he shook his head and watched another crew begin unloading more crates from the shuttles.

He didn't know what was in half these boxes, but he would once they were unloaded. It was a boring job, logistics, but it was also one he found oddly enjoyable. Never was quite sure why.

"Hurry it up!" He barks, fingers tapping away at a datapad clutched into a gauntleted hand. Shipping manifests. Everything had to be marked off in triplicate. Annoying. Sighing behind his mask, he looked to the sky, remembering a time when he'd come to find Ashin in orbit of this very planet.

That station, a research station, had been where he'd first met Ms. Anaya Fen. It was also where he'd nearly killed her. My how times were a-changin'.

When @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] touched Daella, the woman recoiled a bit away from the fellow Councilor.

Eh?” she uttered as she turned her head back to see Josh after he asked his question. Her relaxed face tensed for a moment as she slightly raised a single eyebrow. Just a moment after, Daella managed to move just a bit for Josh’s arm to slide off.

The man’s smiles were only met with a halcyonic gaze in return.

Still looking at Josh when she answered, Daella calmly replied to his question with, “I don't know. But, nothing can stop the Republic so long as its people will it.

The sound of construction was mixed with the light chatter of the many workers assigned to the new construction project on Ossus. Marcello had heard a great deal about the Republic's invasion of this planet, but he'd not been a member at the time. The planet itself was still very much tainted with the aura of thee dark side. The Jedi Master could feel it in the earth...like it radiated from the soul, into his boots, and up his legs. He could taste the lingering sensation on the air.

However, Marcello was not terribly surprised. The official reports told it all, but it was all over commercial news as well. The Republic was making a number of incursions into Sith space. Apparently....something that had not been the norm into relatively recently.

Turning the corner of a large pile of stones to be used in the continuing construction, Marcello knelt down and placed his palm to the soil. His eyelids closed over his dark blue eyes as he allowed the Force to flow through him, connecting him to the planet in much more than a metaphysical way. What lashed out at him in return was so powerful that it distinctly caught him by surprise. Lifting his hand immediately off the soil, Marcello opened his eyes and sighed. He had felt a reaction like this before...though it was perhaps a touch more potent. Perhaps...

He'd been taught a...technique to combat the effect, but he knew his own proficiency was far less impressive than that of his late master. The blonde Jedi's own practice of the technique came in carefully controlled increments, and he also focused on a small object or area first. Exhaling heavily, Marcello dropped to both knees and placed both of his palms to the soil. For several minutes he was motionless and silent, allowing the aura of the Force to swirl around him, connecting him to every living thing in the area. His heart seemed to beat in time with the very pulse of the galaxy as he opened himself completely, allowing his presence to wash forth.

For now...he did nothing, he merely listened and felt. The planet, the Force would whisper to him. The dark side lingered with considerable strength and expelling it fully would require much more than just him. It was fifteen full minutes of near meditation before the light side of the Force itself manifested itself in the palms of Marcello's hands as visible white light. The Jedi Master's physical senses had long been replaced, simply, by the Force. If they had not, Marcello would no doubt feel a mounting pain in his joints and knees for kneeling so awkwardly for so long.

Slowly, the light built in intensity, radiating from between his fingers and gradually building to wash his tanned skin in a bright glow. Sweat began to drip from the Jedi's brow as his work...had only begun.

Josh made a mental note about Daella - No Touchie.

He nodded a bit at her response, in agreement. "We've done quite well so far. My.... Disagreements with Selena and Harkness aside, the Republic has done well against the Sith. We have Ossus, we're rebuilding, we're preparing to strike against the Sith again.... The ball is in our court. If the Republic's people will it, and we keep on fighting, then I think we have a chance in this war"

He sighed as he stared out the window, and finally curiosity got the best of him.

"Forgive me if I sound off-color, Master Apparine" he began. "But is there a reason you always seem so... Cold? I know some people are quieter then others, and everyone works in a different fashion, thinks a different way, lives life in a different pattern then others.... But.... Everyone has their story" he said, taking a breath. "Did something happen? If it's not something to speak of, I respect that, and I'll leave you to your business while I get back to work, but I've seen the way you appear to be distant with many, cold.... Almost like ice. It's been a curiosity of mine, as well as a concern, wondering if perhaps somethings been troubling you" he explained quietly. "I don't think I've ever in my lifetime seen you smile"

He bit his lip slightly, wondering if he would accidentally strike a chord. He didn't know Daella very well, quite frankly this was the first time they had spoken face to face alone in the same room. But it was a habit of his, always speaking his mind, always being completely honest. He was curious about Daella's seemingly cold nature, yet concerned at the same time. If there was a chance there was something he could do about it, he would most likely take it. But... Most likely, the odds of that were incredibly slim, as much as he would like to help in some fashion. His eyes skimmed across areas in the Temple from the window that would need some more work, distracting himself from the dread of a possible negative answer. Hmm, that beam didn't look stable....

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Saki looked at all that was happening while she walked around. There was plenty of destruction and she had a padawan following her. They were still able to help and be protected but more then that this was a learning experience. The bodies had been taken away but she remembered where everything had happened. "And that is where one of the large graugs got his face beat in, over here is where me and Iella cut down a couple of sith. Make sure you scour the away and leave not a trace of weapons. We want to clear out the debris we can while they rebuild."

The thick jungles around the Old Temple had reclaimed the place, the dense foliage made it hard to walk, but this is something Iella is more then capable of dealing with. Having grown up on the edge of the Jungles on Corellian, it was once her play ground. The happy memories flooded back to her now, the pain had lessened of the death of her family, time was helping her cope. But she is not out here day, to play. The Sith now left the planet, the victory to the Jedi most profound but still there lingered some from that battle, that had ran into the jungles to escape death. A team of Jedi, with her at the lead, had scouted the immediate jungles to 'clear out' any Sith remaining. Iella had ordered to team to move on and eventually cover the entire planet, she however was returning to the construction site of the new temple.

She had reached a small clearing, just on top of a hill. A whisper on the force informed her of a presence, but to faint for her to grasp, however, she became cautious and approached the hill top alert and searching through the force to located this presence. Soon her eyes fell on a cloaked figure sitting near a tree, just watching .. a spy maybe? Either way if was odd and she approached the stranger. Her saber at the ready, though not ignited.

"It is a pleasant day, stranger. What brings you hear ... to sit and ponder?", she asked as she now stood several meters away from the figure.

@[member="Ben Watts"]

Ben casually sat and fumbled around with the rock in his hand as he watched everyone hard at work. He wished he was down there with them but he did not want to cause a commotion and stall their efforts. He missed the Jedi and everything that they had done for him. His entire life he had dedicated to the Order and now that he was no longer a member his heart yearned to be back. Born and raised among the temples he had watched it fall from grace and he had helped rebuild it and now they were a force to be reckoned with. A force. He sighed a little to himself, they had not turned out the way he had always imagined, but he wasn't sure if it was just his dedication to the way of old or if he really believed their aggressive stance was wrong.

A voice brought him out of his thoughts and he turned his head quickly to see a woman standing a few meters away from him. Instinctively he noticed that her hand was holding her lightsaber, and while not outwardly threatening, he had been in enough confrontation to know that she was wary of his presence. He smirked and turned his head away from her and continued to look out among the Jedi at work. If he had felt threatened, normally, his hand would have gone for his lightsaber as well. He had not touched his blade in many months now, it sat dusting in an old rusty apartment on Coruscant, a home so different from his Grandmaster quarters he wondered how he had ever lived in a room so large and lavish.

"Very good," Ben said with a happy go lucky tone before he turned his head to face the woman. "You give off the impression of being friendly while holding a weapon ready. Deceiving, tactical, but not so Jedi like wouldn't you agree?" Gently he placed the rock on the ground before he slowly rose up, not too quickly, he did not want her to get the feeling that he was being an aggressor. "Relax, you can put that away, I mean no harm to this place." He gently pulled his hood back and revealed his face to a Jedi for the first time in quite some time. He was almost unrecognizable, and he did not know if she would know who he was, even though he had been the face of the Republic for many years. The old Grandmasters face was worse for the wear, it looked as if he had aged ten years in only a few months, and the ragged and unkempt beard plastered across his face did not help things.

"I came to see the construction of the temple here on Ossus. Quite a glorious day indeed, always fun to erect a new temple, especially on a planet filled with Jedi history. Names Ben, and I will be on my way if I am not welcome here."

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Ben Watts"]

"You are never unwelcome." The jedi master had been out searching and scouting. Building for him wasn't a strong suit with no eyes but then he had caught a familiar scent under dirt and grime... possibly stale urine as well but best not leave that to chance. The intermingling scent of Iella had taken him from the trail of the Ysanna and to the area while he stood still with the taozin bracelet on to obscure his presence in the force. He had wondered if it was true and then he was standing there and observing while allowing the former grandmaster to speak. Nothing showed on his face after he spoke but a neutral expression and his hands crossed over his chest. "How have you been?"

@[member="Ben Watts"], @[member="Syn"]

The cowled man began to speak, as he did so, he revealed his identity. Although Iella had not met the former Grand Master, she knew of him, his image well document around the Temples either in the form of Holodisplays or statues. Even though he looked older and unkempt, and a touch over hairy, it is Ben Watts.

But Iella ignited her light saber. The white blade humming in the moist air of the jungle, Iella brought it up in front of her face, the blade pointing up on the vertical, then in a wide sweeping arc to the right ... she saluted the returned Master.

"Forgive me Master Watts, it had only been until recent that the Jedi where on the field of battle, I am still overly cautious about ... 'strangers' in these parts", a warm smile crossed her face now. Iella extinguished her blade and clipped it back on her belt.

"The victory was long fought, but yes the history of Ossus extensive. Now we all have a lot of work ahead of us, not just the reconstruction of all the facilities, but the purging of darkside. We could do with your help on that score", she said in all honesty. It was going to take time and the workings of the most powerful of the Jedi Order.

Then a familiar voice entered the area. The force bond pulsing as soon as Syn revealed his presence there. Her head turned to greet him .. the warm smile remained on her face. "Master Syn, good to see you", she simply said.

The female Jedi ignited her lightsaber and saluted him, offering him apologies, and referring to him as Master Watts. He chuckled and put his hand up, wishing no attention be drawn to him, he was not here to stir up any trouble. The term Master Watts, while once a very common occurrence, seemed so foreign to him now that it made him feel slightly uncomfortable. He was no longer a Master of the Jedi order, he was a deserter, he left them with very little explanation as to why and he did not deserve the respect she was offering him.

"Please, its Ben, and there is no need to salute me. I appreciate the gesture but I am no longer a master of this Order." He smiled brightly, though he wondered if it looked strange behind his ragged appearance. Once upon a time it had been his trademark, and until today, he had very little to smile about. Though it made him feel uncomfortable he had to admit it boosted his spirits a bit.

Then a familiar voice pierced his ears and Ben turned to see Syn, a face he had not seen in quite some time, and he offered another smile to him. "Syn! Very good to see you! I am doing.... well.... as good as an exile can be I suppose." He chuckled, calling himself an exile was strange, and even though it was not official among the Jedi he had made it so. When he had imposed it upon himself he was the Grandmaster so no one could really argue with him.

"Unfortunately my presence here isn't to do much. I am simply an observer. I am no longer the Jedi Master who everyone once knew, and I would understand your frustrations with that, but it is what it is."

@[member="Iella E`ron"]@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

His eyesbrow raised at that and it was a strange thing but hearing him say exile was... Funny and questionable. It wasn't like he had to stay away he could do plenty and could have just reappeared at the temple like it was any other day. There was no frustration to it either in truth, having the former grandmaster simply be here was a good thing. It meant he either wanted to be involved or wanted help, or the final option he wanted to see if his original vision to have the army of light return was everything he had wanted. The conclusion of Metalorn had brought many things but nothing more. He waved his hand over his face. "All I see is a man in the force. Your physical look means little though you could use a bath."

@[member="Ben Watts"], @[member="Syn"]

"Master Iella E`ron, of the Jedi Order at your service", she said to Ben. "You are still a Master of the Force are you not? and thus still demand the title of Master", she continue in a soft tone. "However, I shall call you Ben as you request, as long as you call me Iella", she smiled. Even though she had earned the title, Iella is not one for formalities and prefers a casual approach especially among her peers.

"Exile is a hard way of life, self imposed or forced", she turned to Syn with a look of knowing, as they both knew the riggers of it. "However, close by to here is a small ruin, the Jedi Scouts have discovered what appears to be quarters of residence, maybe from an old Jedi Master of the past, however, there is a strong stench of the dark side there now and needs to be purged. Shall we three go for a walk and do some cleaning?", she asked.

"Iella, it is a pleasure to meet you." Master of the force, hm, he was indeed still talented with the force. An extension of him that had always been there, funny how it worked, he had always been called a wunderkind. He now knew that the term was meaningless, he was no more special than any other Jedi, the difference was that he understood the force better than most. It was not a tool to be used to pull ships from the sky, it was a gift, one meant to be used for good. When he was younger he had not believed this idea to be true, he wielded the power of the force to get ahead in life, and luckily for him he figured out that the way he was living was not the way of the Jedi before the darkside had corrupted him. Though, as the old adage goes, with great power comes great responsibility and he felt he had abused his power and not done enough.

"Am I really that bad?" Ben asked as he lifted his arm and sniffed at his arm pit. He supposed he had gone a little too long without a bath, but when he was not interacting with other people as much, he figured there was no need. He had not planned on meeting anyone here this day but he was actually quite pleased that he did. It was nice being around someone from his past, he had fought on the same battlefield as Syn many times, and he knew he could trust the man. It was nice to be among people he trusted, and while he had only just met Iella, he knew he could trust her as well.

"People have a way of adapting. Whether it be to exile, being a Jedi, or simply working in the mine twelve hours a day, life is only hard if you make it hard." The idea of going to an old ruin seemed to spark an interest in him. Sure, he was rusty, but with two other Jedi it couldn't be that hard. "I'll go on one condition," He spoke firmly, but also softly, he wanted them to know he was speaking seriously but he was not threatening. "Let's keep my presence here between us. It was not easy vanishing without a trace and cutting off all contact, I am sure you understand that, and I wish to keep it that way. My path only intersects with yours now, it does not follow the same route, and I still have much left to do on my own. Can we agree to that at least?" He hated the idea of keeping himself a secret, but unfortunately, he was not ready to step back into the role of Jedi just yet.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]@[member="Syn"]

OOC: Off to bed loves, I will post in the morning.

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

Syn looked toIella when she was making her suggestions and he had a raised eyebrow. Few cared about their fleeing the order and what it had entailed but they had been asked back after being on the run but it mattered little now. They were both on the council and he had to admit as he heard her suggestion then the former grandmaster. "Keeping your presence hidden is an easy request." He made a look at them both and then turned to the temple where the others were and he let out a breathe. "We should be cautious some of the others might know you still. Dragonsflame is here as well but he is busy for the moment with the reconstruction."

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Syn"]

"I agree to your condition", she smiled. "Master Syn is correct, the others who will know you or recognise you .. are within and around the Temple. These ruins I speak of are this way", she pointed west and away from the Temple. What ever path Ben is now on, it is a personal one .. and no details are necessary regarding his direction. Iella could sense that his path was not of an ill nature, at least that was something. She hoped in time, this Master would find his way back home.

"Shall we go? .. the way to the ruins is hard, simply because the jungle is thick with intertwining vines and the air is wet with humidity, it will take about one hour to get there .. and .. beware the frogs", she said smiling as she turned west and proceeded to go. The Jungles of Ossus thick with the most colour and biggest frogs she had ever seen. They live up in the canopy of the jungle, however from time to time, they decided to drop. It is a good thing she likes frogs.

With her eyes on @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], Daella’s head tilted slightly back as her eyes widened and the outer edges of her eyebrows bent down. An appearance of slight surprise seemed to overtake her usually flat-toned face.

Huh,” whispered Daella.

Then, her head tilted forward once again. Daella’s eyes narrowed slightly.

Without much inflection, Daella asked Josh, “Have you asked the same of the Grand Master?

Turning away from Josh, Daella looked out the window once again. Her eyes settled on the workers carrying packets of metal. She silently watch for several seconds.

There is no emotion, there is peace,” recited Daella with her back to Josh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom