Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building a Jedi Temple on Ossus [Republic]

The Jedi Master's eyes returned to Daella as she spoke. A small smirk crossed his face.

"I would, if I weren't afraid she'd kill me if I even thought of asking her that" he replied jokingly, before sighing.

There is no emotion, there is peace,she recited. Josh paced behind her, and nodded slightly.

"I have spent my entire life, ever since I was five years old, reciting that code...." he said quietly. "I remember it like the back of my hand. My entire life has revolved around this Order, revolving around that Jedi Code... But yet... There are things about it that even now, I cannot wrap my head around"

"Everyone.... Big or small, Jedi or Sith, Human, Twi'lek, Ewok, Toydarian, Cold Fish, Charismatic Pimp, it doesn't matter.... Everyone has their own vision of peace. Emotion... Emotion is a part of us. Yes, if misused, they can lead down the path of the dark side... But does it really mean we have to cut ourselves off from it?" he asked.

He closed his eyes, as he spoke....

"Emotions are part of what makes us human, they're what makes us a living being. Without them, we're just.... Drones. Robots. Cyborgs. I don't think the code is telling us to forsake emotion... Hell, if that was how we were taught, I'd be a hell of a lot different right now. I've always been taught to control them, not deprive myself from them. And... I think I've done a hell of a job. I mean... I don't believe in forsaking our emotions, yet... I serve only the light, not a single thought down a dark path has ever crossed my mind in the 16 years I've been here. And I will serve this order faithfully, in the purest of ways possible, until either someone strikes me down, or you guys tell me I'm not needed anymore...."

He looked at her again.

"But.... Everyone believes different. And everyone has a right to it. That's why I won't push it, because that isn't my right. The only one that has the right to do that is you" he said.

And with that, he turned to walk out. His break was over. Back to work. He turned to look back at Daella one more time.

"Just remember something... You may be a Jedi, but you are also a human being. And besides... The whole cold thing.... It scares people" he said with a sad smile. "Maybe that's what you're going for... I don't know. But I have a feeling that inside, you're an amazing person, but few know that because you push away all emotion, and it... Well, it's an offsetter. Even I'm uneasy, nervous after every word in fear that I might have said the wrong thing.

And with that, he walked out. A part of him doubted that it would help her any, if anything it would probably ensure that they never spoke again. Another part of him, a small part of him, thought perhaps it might. But regardless.. He had work to do. He pushed those thoughts aside, and duty came to the forefront once again.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Ben nodded his head, feeling a bit bad about not revealing himself, but it had merit behind it. He would be nothing more than a distraction at this point and that was not what he had come here for. He smirked to himself as he stood among the two Jedi Masters, he realized something now, he was no longer a Jedi Master. He had known for some time now but it had not truly set in until he came face to face with two others who had carried on without him. He always knew that they did not "need" him but he had always been so gung ho about never leaving them. They had moved on, and so would he, in time of course.

"Lead the way." Ben motioned with his head before he grabbed his hood and pulled it back over his face to conceal his identity. It was mostly an illusion, a trick of the force, but when he put his hood up it made it very hard to see his face and thus recognizing him much harder. To everyone else he would seem like a hooded and mysterious figure who they might recognize but they would not quite be able to put their finger on it. Even the other two Jedi Masters, though they knew it was Ben, might question it once he had hidden his face.

"I heard that Dragonsflame had been given the rank of Master. Good on him, he always worked hard, I am proud for him. Wish I could have been there to see the ceremony though." He reflected on the few times he had actually worked alongside the boy. He was young and inexperienced but he was always true to the cause. He was proud for him and he wished him well on his journey, which hopefully, was just beginning.

"So why is it we never met before, Iella? Shyness perhaps?" He made small talk as the three of them traveled to the ruins. He missed the walks into danger but he felt he was missing something. Reaching down he felt where his lightsaber normally would have been hanging but there was nothing. He kept it locked away as it was always his belief that the lightsaber was a symbol of the Jedi. Seeing as how he was no longer a Jedi he did not feel he deserved to carry the weapon that had long since been at his side. He felt almost naked, but, he had the two other Masters there with him. In the event that he even needed to wield his weapon he felt as if he could rely on the two next to him.

@[member="Iella E`ron"]@[member="Syn"]

As @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] spoke, Daella turned her head halfway toward him to listen to his filibuster. She gave no response, verbally or with a gesture, and remained still as ever.

When Josh began to walk out the door, Daella bid him farewell by simply saying, “May the Force be with you.

After the doors closed behind Josh, Daella pulled out a holocomm and turned it on. It connected her to Grand Master @[member="Selena Halcyon"]. If the Grand Master did not respond, Daella would still be able to send her simple message.

Recording Daella as a blue hologram, the holocomm would show that she said, “Councilor Apparine. The Ossus Temple is nearly ready for Jedi to move into. I will start using it as a training ground soon.

@[member="Syn"] @[member="Ben Watts"]

Iella moved on ahead of the two men, but still in reach of the conversation. As she had informed, the jungle was at it thickest in these parts, and the forward travel difficult. The undergrowth wrapping around her legs at time, causing her to rumble a few choice words in Old Corellian, luck is it only a language few know so she was safe from chastisement. Robes and hair did not escape the onslaught of the jungle, on occasion pulling at her and making her stop to untangle herself.

Around them the occasional thud could be heard as the large coloured frogs heavy with food or fatigue would fall to the ground, only to voice their disapproval at the abrupt flight. The jungle is alive with the presence of the living force, the nature of it seeping into her skin and through her body. However, it is tainted .. the corrupting darkside embedded within it and sending her that sickening feeling. She shook her body as if to rid it from her senses, which did not work of course, but the only thing it served to do at this point, was guide her to the location of the ruins.

For a recluse .. Master Watts is a chatty one, which made Iella smile as she walked, she assumed it was a result of a want for company even though we has said otherwise. Iella pushed back a low branch to make way for herself and released it once passed .. but realised quickly that the branch would swing back rapidly and smack one of the Masters.

“Sorry!”, she said and turned her head with a grin. Then she heard Master Watts speak to her. “Ben, the time I joined the Order, our paths simply did not cross … “, she paused now, considering her words. “Soon after, the path widened”, she simply said. Two reasons really, Syn and Iella both went into exile and Master Watts had left to ‘travel’. “So no, not shyness”, she laughed slightly.

“There is a ridge up ahead, we will need to climb down into a valley to get to the ruins, it is very steep so watch your footing. We should make it in half hour”.

Minutes slipped by in a fog for the Jedi that was nearly in a suspended state of being. The brilliant white light that had been shining on his face expanded now, drastically. It was not terribly long before the intensity of the light side's visible manifestation became so strong that it caused the entire area around the new Temple to shine like a beacon visible from several tens of thousands of feet in the sky and several miles around. Force Light was one of very few advanced techniques that Marcello employed. That reality was born only out of necessity in his past life. Regardless of how much he practiced and focused, the effort invariably left him completely exhausted.

The light shimmered and shined around the area of the new Temple for several minutes as the healing effects of the light side of the Force washed over the immediate area, purging the darkness that had previously permeated the area. In total, Marcello had been working up to this point for nearly half an hour, completely undisturbed. If anything had occurred differently, he would have had negative five percent success.

Eventually, the light began to retreat back to its epicenter beneath Marcello's hand. The residual feeling would linger for some time, but the lasting effect would be a place on an otherwise molested planet where Jedi could draw strength. Purging the darkness from this entire world would take months of work by a lot of Jedi. That would have to be left to those that resided on the planet on a more routine basis. Marcello's calling and necessity was in the air.

As the technique ended, Marcello was abruptly brought back to a normal state of consciousness and promptly collapsed onto the ground. Slowly, he forced himself to his feet. The large Jedi's chest heaved up and down with powerful breaths as Marcello allowed himself to recover. Not one to linger on the ground when he was hardly necessary, he began to make very slow progress back towards his waiting modified N-1T.

@[member="Daella Apparine"] | @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | @[member="Iella E`ron"] | @[member="Syn"] | @[member="Ben Watts"]

Ella's participation in the liberation effort on Ossus had been limited. Heading to the Ysannan tribes near the Great Jedi Library, her arrival alongside the Ysannan that she, Jedi Padawan Sochi Ru and Jedi Knight Aika Kawikami had recruited for the battle had been towards it's end. With their help, the Jedi Padawan and her two Jedi associates had rounded up the remaining Sith that had not died during the fight; and the Library had been secured.

As of yet, Ella had not received word or approach from the other Jedi. She presumed that her return to Coruscant would happen in time. Until then, she would continue her peace keeping efforts on Ossus. Walking alongside the Ysannan tribal leader that she had met with during the battle, she lowered her head and said to him, "Thank you for all your help. We couldn't have done it without you."

Satisfied that the Ysannan were safe, Ella turned to make her way towards the new construction project the Republic were taking under the supervision of the Jedi Order. In the distance, she could see the Jedi Temple being assembled. It was a good thing that she, Sochi and Aika had already made diplomatic ties with the Ysannan; and she had already explained that the Jedi would have a more permanent presence on Ossus. They didn't mind, being the distant relatives of the Jedi Order. Lifting the cowl of her Jedi robes, she set continued to make her way towards the building ahead, humming under her breath as she did so.

May the Force be with you.

That had stopped the Jedi Master in his tracks right in front of the door. He had mistakenly figured he'd upset her, or risked doing so. His intentions had been good, they always were. His intentions, especially toward another Jedi, were never malicious. Especially even moreso toward Daella, a co-councillor, and someone who he had to work with on a regular basis. He felt bad, then, for giving up on her so quickly, but he'd decided to try and make his exit to prevent himself from hurting her further.

He turned, and watched as she gave a quick briefing in a transmission. He bit his lip, and took a deep breath....

Politely, he waited for her to finish. Afterwords... He gave her a small smile.

"May the Force be with you, and guide you to years of health, Master Daella" the Jedi Master finally said, before turning to exit once again. Enough time for her to stop or question him if necessary, but otherwise, he considered perhaps speaking to her again later.... Or perhaps not. Maybe some things were just best left untempered with. He'd gotten his answer, he'd attempted to help, seemingly unsuccessfully.... What else could he do?

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

(I SO did not abandon a little girl, Mason >:U )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom